PDA

View Full Version : Gravitron

RobertDD
11-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Whatever happened to the Gravitron line by Master Replica's that was announced to be produced in 2007? Anyone know?

sicqnus
11-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Cancelled. As all Starwars made by Master Replicas...

JediTricks
11-21-2007, 02:51 AM
It stalled in development, I believe. They came close, but never made it. I really wanted this to work too.

darktrooper7
11-21-2007, 05:06 AM
Well i dont know if this was part of the gravitron line but it was a prototype that was made by MR (actually it was made by Adam Savage of Mythbusters fame) and presented to LucasFilm but was knocked back as being too close to action fleet (you think! its even on an AF stand....lol)

Its a sweet model....slightly larger than AF and really detailed :)

vodkaice
11-21-2007, 06:56 AM
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish that ISD pushed thru! Whats wrong with dear old uncle George?

Im stuck with the crappy model version by AMT. Even the scanner globes on that one are wrong. Beyond that the next Star Destroyer resin models cost more than $100

JediTricks
11-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Dang, that looks really good.

Kidhuman
11-21-2007, 05:05 PM
I thought this was about the ride that sticks you to the wall. Damn it.

JediTricks
11-21-2007, 05:21 PM
I thought this was about the ride that sticks you to the wall. Damn it.
There's already a name for that: Slicker's mom.

RobertDD
11-26-2007, 09:41 AM
[...] but was knocked back as being too close to action fleet [...]

Uh, how is that a problem, since Hasbro has canceled Action Fleet on us, and it is not like they are planning to bring it back....

darktrooper7
11-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Uh, how is that a problem, since Hasbro has canceled Action Fleet on us, and it is not like they are planning to bring it back....

I think when this was being proposed, AF was still in the pipeline and hasbro STILL does hold the licence for AF so i guess they just jacked up about it.

I know LFL had to pretty much stand on hasbro's throat when code3 wanted a licence for their ships so i guess this was just TOO close for their liking.

Pretty crap for the fans though since we dont get AF nor do we an alternative from another company because of licencing :mad:

RobertDD
11-29-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm pretty sure AF was shelved when we first got reports on this. The Code3 stuff has always been way too expensive for me, and I think they stopped making it too, didn't they?

I guess you're right about Hasbro though. Even though they have no intent producing anything in the Action Fleet scale, I bet you they are vicious about that license they have. That means we AF collectors get nothing.

If Hasbro hadn't killed AF themselves by inadequate marketing, distribution and electing to produce the same models over and over again, I might have actually felt that they had a point, but as it is: "HASBRO, you will NEVER get it right, so let someone else do it!!!!" (we accept your apology)