PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Holiday TV/Movie Challenge

DarthQuack
11-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Here it is.....fresh off the Halloween challenge it's time for a holiday one. We'll start this one up on December 1st going through January 1st, so you can enjoy more movies/shows on New Year's Day as well. Rules are pretty easy. You are allowed to count any television show/special or movie that is at least 75% of the episode being around a holiday, weather it be Christmas/Hanukkah/Boxing Day/Kwanza/New Year's. So just keep track here in the thread as you go along, any questions feel free to ask! If we get enough people to participate we could maybe do a prize, whether it be a free figure for the winner, or a picture of Slick's mom or Bea Arthur naked.

Kidhuman
11-24-2007, 11:49 AM
In that case I have watched some movies with my wife(she has been sick the last 2 days) on ABC Family, do those count right now or start Dec. 1st?

JimJamBonds
11-26-2007, 11:11 PM
We'll start this one up on December 1st going through January 1st,

In that case I have watched some movies with my wife(she has been sick the last 2 days) on ABC Family, do those count right now or start Dec. 1st?

What do you think?

El Chuxter
11-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Do movies that clearly take place around Christmas, though it doesn't play a major part in the film (eg, Ghostbusters 2) count?

What about films or specials that are clearly intended to be based around the normal "earth holidays" like Christmas, but are re-written because the characters don't celebrate Christmas in their world or dimension? (The most obvious example being Life Day in the Star Wars Holiday Special, which should count triple if anyone can actually sit through it.)

I'm assuming that the films of the Harry Potter series don't count, since they have far less than 75% Christmas content. But what about, say, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, which has very little (if any) Christmas content but does feature Santa Claus as an important character?

DarthQuack
11-26-2007, 11:38 PM
I'd like to keep it at December 1st, for a level playing field.....I think for movies that take place around X-mas even though it isn't a main theme is alright....but let's limit it if we can. Holiday specials are fine, including the SW X-Mas Special....

DarthQuack
12-01-2007, 09:23 AM
December 1st
1. Mickey's Christmas Carol
2. The Christmas Toy
3. Home Alone
4. The Santa Clause

General_Grievous
12-01-2007, 01:16 PM
December 1st
Dr. Seuss's How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey version)

UKWildcat
12-01-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm in, just getting a late start. I am going to start this challenge off with a good one too, I bet you all can't wait to find out what it is huh, huh?!?!? :D

JimJamBonds
12-02-2007, 02:42 PM
I'm just going to wait for TBS to play A Christmas Story 24 hours straight.

TeeEye7
12-03-2007, 03:58 AM
I'm just going to wait for TBS to play A Christmas Story 24 hours straight.

A man after my own heart!

I was surprised by my son yesterday who gave me the Hallmark ornaments "A Major Award!" (infamous leg lamp) and "I Can't put My Arms Down!" (Randy in winter gear-going-to-school) from A Christmas Story.

I'm so proud of my son, that I could explode and stick to the walls! :yes:

He knows how addicted to that classic his ol' man is! :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
12-04-2007, 09:39 AM
December 1st
2. The Christmas Toy
3. Home Alone
4. The Santa Clause

December 4th

5. Home Alone 2
6. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer

General_Grievous
12-04-2007, 10:19 AM
December 1st
Dr. Seuss's How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey version)

December 3rd
Shrek the Halls (courtesy of YouTube)

UKWildcat
12-04-2007, 11:56 AM
December 3rd
1. Die Hard -Awesome action movie that takes place during Christmas.
2. Chuck - Episode: Chuck vs. the Crown Vic - Fall finale with Christmas, I mean "Holiday", themes throughout; excellent episode and show btw.

December 4th

Ji'dai
12-04-2007, 02:59 PM
December 2nd
The Simpsons Christmas Special (Season 1, 1989) - in the television series premiere, Homer moonlights as a mall Santa for extra dough after Marge spends the family's Christmas money to remove Bart's tattoo. Homer then blows his salary at the dog track, but he and Bart adopt the losing greyhound, Santa's Little Helper, and bring him home for the family.

December 3rd
Marge Be Not Proud (Season 7, 1995) - after Bart is busted for shoplifting a video game from the Try-N-Save, he vainly tries to win back Marge's affection, finally giving her the perfect gift for Christmas - a nice photo of himself, paid-in-full, of course.

UKWildcat
12-05-2007, 08:45 PM
December 3rd
2. Chuck - Episode: Chuck vs. the Crown Vic - Fall finale with Christmas, I mean "Holiday", themes throughout; excellent episode and show btw.

December 4th
3. Ernest Saves Christmas - hehe. I love the intro with Ernest driving that dude to the airport, then he picks up Santa Claus he grabs that Christmas tree off the freeway, good stuff.

December 5th
4. Alvin And The Chipmunks: A Chipmunk Christmas - Somehow I forgot how obnoxious these little buggers were.

Kidhuman
12-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Dec 5th

Gremlins

UKWildcat
12-07-2007, 01:08 AM
Does this weeks episode of My Name is Earl count? It did feature Christmas elements but it wasn't a real heavy theme.

Kidhuman
12-07-2007, 05:28 AM
Dec 6th

The Ref

DarthQuack
12-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Does this weeks episode of My Name is Earl count? It did feature Christmas elements but it wasn't a real heavy theme.

I think as long as it's 50% or more of an episode it could count.

DarthQuack
12-07-2007, 07:57 PM
December 1st
2. The Christmas Toy
3. Home Alone
4. The Santa Clause

December 4th

5. Home Alone 2

December 7th

7. Frosty the Snowman

Ji'dai
12-07-2007, 08:46 PM
December 2nd
The Simpsons Christmas Special (Season 1, 1989) - in the television series premiere, Homer moonlights as a mall Santa for extra dough after Marge spends the family's Christmas money to remove Bart's tattoo. Homer then blows his salary at the dog track, but he and Bart adopt the losing greyhound, Santa's Little Helper, and bring him home for the family.

December 3rd
Marge Be Not Proud (Season 7, 1995) - after Bart is busted for shoplifting a video game from the Try-N-Save, he vainly tries to win back Marge's affection, finally giving her the perfect gift for Christmas - a nice photo of himself, paid-in-full, of course.

December 5th
First half of Scrooged - Network president Bil Murray is visited by the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future in one of the few live-action holiday films I can stomach.

December 6th
Miracle on Evergreen Terrace (Season 9, 1997) - Springfield comes to the aid of the Simpsons after a thief steals their tree and presents, but they soon turn against the family after it's revealed that Bart burned the tree and hid the evidence.

DarthQuack
12-08-2007, 01:31 PM
December 1st
2. The Christmas Toy
3. Home Alone
4. The Santa Clause

December 4th

5. Home Alone 2

December 7th

7. Frosty the Snowman
8. The Santa Clause 2

December 8th

9. Rudolph's Shiny New Year
10. A Year Without Santa Claus
11. The Polar Express

UKWildcat
12-08-2007, 03:58 PM
December 3rd

December 4th
3. Ernest Saves Christmas - hehe. I love the intro with Ernest driving that dude to the airport, then he picks up Santa Claus he grabs that Christmas tree off the freeway, good stuff.

December 5th
4. Alvin And The Chipmunks: A Chipmunk Christmas - Somehow I forgot how obnoxious these little buggers were.

December 6th
5. Frosty The Snowman

December 7th
6. Frosty Returns

December 8th
7. Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer

UKWildcat
12-08-2007, 03:58 PM
I think as long as it's 50% or more of an episode it could count.

Okay, it wasn't featured that much so I am not including it.

DarthQuack
12-09-2007, 08:48 PM
December 1st
2. The Christmas Toy
3. Home Alone
4. The Santa Clause

December 4th

5. Home Alone 2

December 7th

7. Frosty the Snowman
8. The Santa Clause 2

December 8th

11. The Polar Express

December 9th

12. Santa Claus: The Movie

UKWildcat
12-09-2007, 10:12 PM
December 3rd

December 4th

December 5th

December 6th
5. Frosty The Snowman

December 7th
6. Frosty Returns

December 8th

December 9th
8. Black Christmas (original) - Only my second viewing. This is a kind of frustrating movie; though it is definitely better than the remake. I still find it hard to believe that this movie is from Bob Clark, but he did bring us some horror movies before the classic A Christmas Story.
9. House, M.D. - Episode: Damned If You Do - Season 1, Episode 5. Great Christmas episode that challenges House's religious beliefs. The end montage is of House playing "Silent Night" on the piano, very beautiful.

December 10th
10. Friday After Next - Love Katt Williams in this one. Not a bad little Christmas comedy and a decent sequel in the Friday series.
11. The X-Files - Episode: Christmas Carol - Season 5, Episode 6. Not one of my favorite X-File episodes, but it is still good. [To Be Continued]
12. The X-Files - Episode: Emily - Season 5, Episode 7. Continued from Christmas Carol. While Christmas decorations are still present, this is more of a New Years episode. Looking forward to the episode "How the Ghosts Stole Christmas", which I will get to soon.
13. The Osbournes - Episode: A Very Ozzy Christmas - Season 1, Episode 9. Just what you would expect Christmas with the Osbournes to be like. :crazed:

Ji'dai
12-10-2007, 01:10 PM
December 2nd
The Simpsons Christmas Special (The Simpsons Season 1, 1989) - in the television series premiere, Homer moonlights as a mall Santa for extra dough after Marge spends the family's Christmas money to remove Bart's tattoo. Homer then blows his salary at the dog track, but he and Bart adopt the losing greyhound, Santa's Little Helper, and bring him home for the family.

December 3rd
Marge Be Not Proud (The Simpsons Season 7, 1995) - after Bart is busted for shoplifting a video game from the Try-N-Save, he vainly tries to win back Marge's affection, finally giving her the perfect gift for Christmas - a nice photo of himself, paid-in-full, of course.

December 5th
First half of Scrooged - Network president Bil Murray is visited by the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future in one of the few live-action holiday films I can stomach.

December 6th
Miracle on Evergreen Terrace (The Simpsons Season 9, 1997) - Springfield comes to the aid of the Simpsons after a thief steals their tree and presents, but they soon turn against the family after it's revealed that Bart burned the tree and hid the evidence.

December 8th
Gift of the Magi (The Simpsons Season 11, 1999) - Springfield Elementary is taken over by a toy company which uses the kids to do market research to develop a hot new Christmas toy, the maniacal FUNZO talking doll. In retaliation, Lisa enlists Bart, Homer, and guest-star Gary Coleman in a plan to steal all the dolls and destroy them.

UKWildcat
12-11-2007, 12:16 PM
December 3rd

December 4th

December 5th

December 6th
5. Frosty The Snowman

December 7th
6. Frosty Returns

December 8th

December 9th
8. Black Christmas (original) - Only my second viewing. This is a kind of frustrating movie; though it is definitely better than the remake. I still find it hard to believe that this movie is from Bob Clark, but he did bring us some horror movies before the classic A Christmas Story.
9. House, M.D. - Episode: Damned If You Do - Season 1, Episode 5. Great Christmas episode that challenges House's religious beliefs. The end montage is of House playing "Silent Night" on the piano, very beautiful.

December 10th
10. Friday After Next - Love Katt Williams in this one. Not a bad little Christmas comedy and a decent sequel in the Friday series.
11. The X-Files - Episode: Christmas Carol - Season 5, Episode 6. Not one of my favorite X-File episodes, but it is still good. [To Be Continued]
12. The X-Files - Episode: Emily - Season 5, Episode 7. Continued from Christmas Carol. While Christmas decorations are still present, this is more of a New Years episode. Looking forward to the episode "How the Ghosts Stole Christmas", which I will get to soon.
13. The Osbournes - Episode: A Very Ozzy Christmas - Season 1, Episode 9. Just what you would expect Christmas with the Osbournes to be like. :crazed:

December 11th
14. Tales from the Crypt - Episode: And All Through the House - Season 1, Episode 2. Larry Drake as an axe-toting maniac dressed like Santa Claus? I'm there!!!

DarthQuack
12-12-2007, 09:56 AM
December 1st
2. The Christmas Toy
3. Home Alone
4. The Santa Clause

December 4th

5. Home Alone 2

December 7th

7. Frosty the Snowman
8. The Santa Clause 2

December 8th

11. The Polar Express

December 9th

December 11th

13. Muppet Family Christmas

UKWildcat
12-13-2007, 12:04 AM
December 3rd

December 4th

December 5th

December 6th
5. Frosty The Snowman

December 7th
6. Frosty Returns

December 8th

December 9th

December 10th

December 11th
14. Tales from the Crypt - Episode: And All Through the House - Season 1, Episode 2. Larry Drake as an axe-toting maniac dressed like Santa Claus? I'm there!!!

December 12th
15. Die Hard 2 - A pretty solid sequel to Die Hard, also taking place on Christmas Eve. McClane said it best... "Oh man, I can't f***ing believe this. Another basement, another elevator. How can the same thing happen to the same guy twice?"

Ji'dai
12-13-2007, 10:00 AM
December 2nd
The Simpsons Christmas Special (The Simpsons Season 1, 1989) - in the television series premiere, Homer moonlights as a mall Santa for extra dough after Marge spends the family's Christmas money to remove Bart's tattoo. Homer then blows his salary at the dog track, but he and Bart adopt the losing greyhound, Santa's Little Helper, and bring him home for the family.

December 3rd
Marge Be Not Proud (The Simpsons Season 7, 1995) - after Bart is busted for shoplifting a video game from the Try-N-Save, he vainly tries to win back Marge's affection, finally giving her the perfect gift for Christmas - a nice photo of himself, paid-in-full, of course.

December 5th

December 6th
Miracle on Evergreen Terrace (The Simpsons Season 9, 1997) - Springfield comes to the aid of the Simpsons after a thief steals their tree and presents, but they soon turn against the family after it's revealed that Bart burned the tree and hid the evidence.

December 8th
Gift of the Magi (The Simpsons Season 11, 1999) - Springfield Elementary is taken over by a toy company which uses the kids to do market research to develop a hot new Christmas toy, the maniacal FUNZO talking doll. In retaliation, Lisa enlists Bart, Homer, and guest-star Gary Coleman in a plan to steal all the dolls and destroy them.

December 12th
Simpsons Christmas Stories (The Simpsons Season 17, 2005) - this trilogy of tales covers the story of the first Christmas with Homer, Marge, and Bart as Joseph, Mary, and Jesus respectively; shot down over the Pacific during WWII, Grandpa and Burns are stranded on a deserted isle until they shoot down Santa's sleigh; and Springfield denizens prepare for Christmas to the tune of Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker.

DarthQuack
12-13-2007, 10:51 AM
December 1st
2. The Christmas Toy
3. Home Alone
4. The Santa Clause

December 4th

5. Home Alone 2

December 7th

7. Frosty the Snowman
8. The Santa Clause 2

December 8th

11. The Polar Express

December 9th

December 11th

December 12th

14. The Muppet Christmas Carol
15. Seinfeld - The Strike

UKWildcat
12-13-2007, 09:51 PM
December 3rd

December 4th

December 5th

December 6th
5. Frosty The Snowman

December 7th
6. Frosty Returns

December 8th

December 9th

December 10th

December 11th

December 12th
15. Die Hard 2 - A pretty solid sequel to Die Hard, also taking place on Christmas Eve. McClane said it best... "Oh man, I can't f***ing believe this. Another basement, another elevator. How can the same thing happen to the same guy twice?"

December 13th
16. Elf - A pretty good Christmas movie. Will Ferrell does a fairly good job, and Favreau does a good job directing. I love it when Jovie (Zooey Deschanel) is singing in the shower. :lipsrsealed:
17. 30 Rock - Episode: The annual Ludachristmas party - Season 2, Episode 9. Great episode, best comedy on TV. Glad to see that this show didn't dip in quality like soo many others.

DarthQuack
12-14-2007, 07:42 PM
December 1st
2. The Christmas Toy
3. Home Alone
4. The Santa Clause

December 4th

5. Home Alone 2

December 7th

7. Frosty the Snowman
8. The Santa Clause 2

December 8th

11. The Polar Express

December 9th

December 11th

December 12th

December 13th

16. SNL Christmas

December 14th

17. It's a Wonderful Life

Ji'dai
12-16-2007, 04:42 PM
December 2nd

December 3rd

December 5th

December 6th

December 8th

December 12th
Simpsons Christmas Stories (The Simpsons Season 17, 2005) - this trilogy of tales covers the story of the first Christmas with Homer, Marge, and Bart as Joseph, Mary, and Jesus respectively; shot down over the Pacific during WWII, Grandpa and Burns are stranded on a deserted isle until they shoot down Santa's sleigh; and Springfield denizens prepare for Christmas to the tune of Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker.

December 15th
Raging Rudolph (MADtv Episode #109 Dec. 1995) - Disgruntled reindeer Rudolph and elf Hermey "the Drill" hire hitman Yukon Corleone to take out Santa and seize control of his "operation" in this parody of the Rankin-Bass classic.
A Pack of Gifts Now (MADtv Episode #311 Dec. 1997) - Self-destructive junior executive Rudolph is hired to assassinate "The Kringle" in this spoof of Apocalypse Now. The horror. The horror. The ho-ho-ho-horror.

UKWildcat
12-16-2007, 09:10 PM
December 3rd

December 4th

December 5th

December 6th
5. Frosty The Snowman

December 7th
6. Frosty Returns

December 8th

December 9th

December 10th

December 11th

December 12th

December 13th
16. Elf - A pretty good Christmas movie. Will Ferrell does a fairly good job, and Favreau does a good job directing. I love it when Jovie (Zooey Deschanel) is singing in the shower. :lipsrsealed:
17. 30 Rock - Episode: The annual Ludachristmas party - Season 2, Episode 9. Great episode, best comedy on TV. Glad to see that this show didn't dip in quality like soo many others.

December 14th
18. Bad Santa - One of my favorite Christmas movies.

December 16th
19. Home Improvement - Episode: 'Twas The Blight Before Christmas - Season 3, Episode 12. Caught this one on Nick. Brad wants to go skiing with friends instead of spending Christmas with his family. This episode was good for a few laughs.
20. Home Improvement - Episode: 'Twas The Night Before Chaos - Season 4, Episode 12. Another Nick viewing. Decent ep., gotta love M. Emmet Walsh though.

December 17th
21. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - Episode: Christmas Show - Season 2, Episode 13. Gotta love Carlton dancing in this one.
22. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - Episode: Deck the Halls - Season 1, Episode 15. Evander Holyfield cameos.

Ji'dai
12-18-2007, 10:01 AM
December 2nd

December 3rd

December 5th

December 6th

December 8th

December 12th

December 15th
Raging Rudolph (MADtv Episode #109 Dec. 1995) - Disgruntled reindeer Rudolph and elf Hermey "the Drill" hire hitman Yukon Corleone to take out Santa and seize control of his "operation" in this parody of the Rankin-Bass classic.
A Pack of Gifts Now (MADtv Episode #311 Dec. 1997) - Self-destructive junior executive Rudolph is hired to assassinate "The Kringle" in this spoof of Apocalypse Now. The horror. The horror. The ho-ho-ho-horror.

December 17th
Christmas Unwrapped: The History of Christmas (The History Channel, 1997) - this excellent documentary, narrated by Harry Smith, traces the origins of Christmas, from the traditional winter solstice festivals of the pagan era into the Christian one, and explores the early 19th century reinvention of the holiday that has evolved into the Christmas traditions that most of us celebrate today.

UKWildcat
12-18-2007, 10:31 AM
December 3rd

December 4th

December 5th

December 6th
5. Frosty The Snowman

December 7th
6. Frosty Returns

December 8th

December 9th

December 10th

December 11th

December 12th

December 13th

December 14th

December 16th
19. Home Improvement - Episode: 'Twas The Blight Before Christmas - Season 3, Episode 12. Caught this one on Nick. Brad wants to go skiing with friends instead of spending Christmas with his family. This episode was good for a few laughs.
20. Home Improvement - Episode: 'Twas The Night Before Chaos - Season 4, Episode 12. Another Nick viewing. Decent ep., gotta love M. Emmet Walsh though.

December 17th
21. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - Episode: Christmas Show - Season 2, Episode 13. Gotta love Carlton dancing in this one.
22. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - Episode: Deck the Halls - Season 1, Episode 15. Evander Holyfield cameos.

December 18th
23. Full House - Episode: A Very Tanner Christmas - Season 6, Episode 12. This episode was pretty bad.
24. Home Improvement - Episode: Yule Better Watch Out - Season 1, Episode 12. Randy and Brad tell Mark that Santa doesn't exist, and that he is dead, but Santa stops by convincing them otherwise. Tim creates his rooftop decoration display. A younger, and much better looking, Pamela Anderson plays Lisa on "Tool Time". Good episode.

DarthQuack
12-19-2007, 08:29 AM
December 1st
2. The Christmas Toy
3. Home Alone
4. The Santa Clause

December 4th

5. Home Alone 2

December 7th

7. Frosty the Snowman
8. The Santa Clause 2

December 8th

11. The Polar Express

December 9th

December 11th

December 12th

December 13th

16. SNL Christmas

December 14th

December 19th

18. Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas
19. A Garfield Christmas Special
20. He-Man & She-Ra Christmas Special

UKWildcat
12-19-2007, 11:08 AM
December 3rd

December 4th

December 5th

December 6th
5. Frosty The Snowman

December 7th
6. Frosty Returns

December 8th

December 9th

December 10th

December 11th

December 12th

December 13th

December 14th

December 16th

December 17th

December 18th
23. Full House - Episode: A Very Tanner Christmas - Season 6, Episode 12. This episode was pretty bad.
24. Home Improvement - Episode: Yule Better Watch Out - Season 1, Episode 12. Randy and Brad tell Mark that Santa doesn't exist, and that he is dead, but Santa stops by convincing them otherwise. Tim creates his rooftop decoration display. A younger, and much better looking, Pamela Anderson plays Lisa on "Tool Time". Good episode.

December 19th
25. Home Improvement - Episode: I'm Scheming of a White Christmas - Season 2, Episode 12. Brad and Randy steal from a charity that they are collecting for. Tsk Tsk.

December 20th
26. The X-Files - Episode: How the Ghosts Stole Christmas - Season 6, Episode 6. Easily my favorite X-Files Christmas episode. Ed Asner and Lily Tomlin are both great in this one.

DarthQuack
12-20-2007, 10:19 AM
December 1st
2. The Christmas Toy
3. Home Alone
4. The Santa Clause

December 4th

5. Home Alone 2

December 7th

7. Frosty the Snowman
8. The Santa Clause 2

December 8th

11. The Polar Express

December 9th

December 11th

December 12th

December 13th

16. SNL Christmas

December 14th

December 19th

December 20th

21. Futurama - Xmas Story
22. Futurama - A Tale of Two Santas
23. M*A*S*H - Dear Dad
24. The First Christmas: The Story of the First Christmas Snow
25. Family Matters - It's Beginning to look a lot like Urkel
26. Family Matters - Christmas is Where the Heart Is.
27. Nester the Long Eared Donkey
28. M*A*S*H - Dear Sis

December 21st

29. M*A*S*H - Death Takes A Holiday
30. M*A*S*H - Twas the Day After Christmas

UKWildcat
12-21-2007, 12:00 PM
December 3rd

December 4th

December 5th

December 6th
5. Frosty The Snowman

December 7th
6. Frosty Returns

December 8th

December 9th

December 10th

December 11th

December 12th

December 13th

December 14th

December 16th

December 17th

December 18th

December 19th
25. Home Improvement - Episode: I'm Scheming of a White Christmas - Season 2, Episode 12. Brad and Randy steal from a charity that they are collecting for. Tsk Tsk.

December 20th
26. The X-Files - Episode: How the Ghosts Stole Christmas - Season 6, Episode 6. Easily my favorite X-Files Christmas episode. Ed Asner and Lily Tomlin are both great in this one.
27. How The Grinch Stole Christmas (animated original) - An absolute classic and a must watch.
28. A Christmas Story - Another classic and must watch. Quite possibly my favorite Christmas movie of all time. I'll probably watch this one 3 or 4 more times too.

December 21st
29. Silent Night Deadly Night - I really wished Mother Superior would have gotten hers at the end. Up next is Part II.

DarthQuack
12-21-2007, 01:24 PM
December 1st
2. The Christmas Toy
3. Home Alone
4. The Santa Clause

December 4th

5. Home Alone 2

December 7th

7. Frosty the Snowman
8. The Santa Clause 2

December 8th

11. The Polar Express

December 9th

December 11th

December 12th

December 13th

16. SNL Christmas

December 14th

December 19th

December 20th

23. M*A*S*H - Dear Dad
28. M*A*S*H - Dear Sis

December 21st

31. Family Matters - Deck the Malls
32. Full House - A Very Tanner Christmas
33. Full House - Arrest Ye Merry Gentlemen
34. 7th Heaven - Here Comes Santa Claus

Kidhuman
12-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Dec 5th

Gremlins

Dec 6th

The Ref

Over the last week or so:

4 of the Friends Christmas Episodes
Snowglobe(some made for TV show)
The Shining(some of it takes part at Christmas)
Nightmare before Christmas
Rudolph
Scrooged
Frosty the Snowman

Ji'dai
12-21-2007, 04:13 PM
December 2nd

December 3rd

December 5th

December 6th

December 8th

December 12th

December 15th

December 17th
Christmas Unwrapped: The History of Christmas (The History Channel, 1997) - this excellent documentary, narrated by Harry Smith, traces the origins of Christmas, from the traditional winter solstice festivals of the pagan era into the Christian one, and explores the early 19th century reinvention of the holiday that has evolved into the Christmas traditions that most of us celebrate today.

December 20th
Die Hard - Mostly listened to it as I was playing around on the 'net.

El Chuxter
12-21-2007, 04:26 PM
I suffered through part of The Polar Express. Facing such torture should warrant my winning automatically.

UKWildcat
12-22-2007, 02:09 PM
December 3rd

December 4th

December 5th

December 6th
5. Frosty The Snowman

December 7th
6. Frosty Returns

December 8th

December 9th

December 10th

December 11th

December 12th

December 13th

December 14th

December 16th

December 17th

December 18th

December 19th

December 20th
27. How The Grinch Stole Christmas (animated original) - An absolute classic and a must watch.
28. A Christmas Story - Another classic and must watch. Quite possibly my favorite Christmas movie of all time. I'll probably watch this one 3 or 4 more times too.

December 21st
29. Silent Night Deadly Night - I really wished Mother Superior would have gotten hers at the end. Up next is Part II.

December 22nd
30. Silent Night Deadly Night Part II - Just horrible. The first 45 minutes are just scenes from the first movie. But ya gotta love the Garbage Day sequence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xh7junyB2o), good stuff! lol ... and Mother Superior finally gets hers.
31. The Office - Episode: Christmas Party - Season 2, Episode 10. Hilarious episode. "Fifteen bottles of vodka?... Yeah, that should do it."
32. The Office - Episode: A Benihana Christmas - Season 3, Episode 10. Another great episode, back when this show was good. I love Michael listening to the sample of James Blunt's 'Goodbye My Lover' over and over. Many other good parts in this episode too. :thumbsup:
33. Futurama - Episode: Xmas Story - Season 2, Episode 8. I love Professor Fransworth skiing in this one, and also how he just struts around naked. lol. Classic epsidoe, very good.
34. Futurama - Episode: A Tale of Two Santas - Season 4, Episode 2. Not as good as Xmas Story, but still a pretty good ep. The blue chicken prosecutor cracks me up.
35. Newlyweds - Episode: A Newlyweds Christmas - Season 2, Episode 6. Yes, I own this show on dvd. Jessica gets a new Mercedes convertible for Christmas, must be nice.
36. Newlyweds - Episode: The Dukes of Hazzard - Season 3, Episode 4. Nick and Jessica will be apart for Christmas b/c she has to shoot for a movie... or will they? Nick sneaks a real Christmas tree into the hotel room where they are staying.
37. Newlyweds - Episode: New Year's Eve - Season 3, Episode 5. Nick, Jessica, and gang rent a house in Florida for New Year's. The real estate agent is a complete douche btw.

DarthQuack
12-22-2007, 04:38 PM
December 1st
2. The Christmas Toy
3. Home Alone
4. The Santa Clause

December 4th

5. Home Alone 2

December 7th

7. Frosty the Snowman
8. The Santa Clause 2

December 8th

11. The Polar Express

December 9th

December 11th

December 12th

December 13th

16. SNL Christmas

December 14th

December 19th

December 20th

23. M*A*S*H - Dear Dad
28. M*A*S*H - Dear Sis

December 21st

December 22nd

35. Flintstones Christmas
36. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
37. Mickey's Magical Chirstmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse
38. Elf
39. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

DarthQuack
12-24-2007, 01:01 PM
December 1st
2. The Christmas Toy
3. Home Alone
4. The Santa Clause

December 4th

5. Home Alone 2

December 7th

7. Frosty the Snowman
8. The Santa Clause 2

December 8th

11. The Polar Express

December 9th

December 11th

December 12th

December 13th

16. SNL Christmas

December 14th

December 19th

December 20th

23. M*A*S*H - Dear Dad
28. M*A*S*H - Dear Sis

December 21st

December 22nd

38. Elf

December 24th

40. Frosty's Winter Wonderland

Ji'dai
12-24-2007, 05:58 PM
December 2nd

December 3rd

December 5th

December 6th

December 8th

December 12th

December 15th

December 17th

December 21st
Home Alone - the last half anyway.

December 22nd
Dr. Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Animated) - missed the first 5 minutes on Cartoon Network.

December 23rd
Kill Gil, Volumes 1 & 2 (The Simpsons Season 18, 2006) - Marge invites Gil over for the holidays, but he soon moves in and makes himself at home for the next year.
Xmas Story (Futurama Season 2, 1999) - Leela, Fry, & Bender are caught out after dark on Xmas Eve and soon find themselves hunted by the evil Robot Santa.

UKWildcat
12-24-2007, 06:18 PM
December 3rd

December 4th

December 5th

December 6th
5. Frosty The Snowman

December 7th
6. Frosty Returns

December 8th

December 9th

December 10th

December 11th

December 12th

December 13th

December 14th

December 16th

December 17th

December 18th

December 19th

December 20th

December 21st

December 22nd
30. Silent Night Deadly Night Part II - Just horrible. The first 45 minutes are just scenes from the first movie. But ya gotta love the Garbage Day sequence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xh7junyB2o), good stuff! lol ... and Mother Superior finally gets hers.
31. The Office - Episode: Christmas Party - Season 2, Episode 10. Hilarious episode. "Fifteen bottles of vodka?... Yeah, that should do it."
32. The Office - Episode: A Benihana Christmas - Season 3, Episode 10. Another great episode, back when this show was good. I love Michael listening to the sample of James Blunt's 'Goodbye My Lover' over and over. Many other good parts in this episode too. :thumbsup:
33. Futurama - Episode: Xmas Story - Season 2, Episode 8. I love Professor Fransworth skiing in this one, and also how he just struts around naked. lol. Classic epsidoe, very good.
34. Futurama - Episode: A Tale of Two Santas - Season 4, Episode 2. Not as good as Xmas Story, but still a pretty good ep. The blue chicken prosecutor cracks me up.
35. Newlyweds - Episode: A Newlyweds Christmas - Season 2, Episode 6. Yes, I own this show on dvd. Jessica gets a new Mercedes convertible for Christmas, must be nice.
36. Newlyweds - Episode: The Dukes of Hazzard - Season 3, Episode 4. Nick and Jessica will be apart for Christmas b/c she has to shoot for a movie... or will they? Nick sneaks a real Christmas tree into the hotel room where they are staying.
37. Newlyweds - Episode: New Year's Eve - Season 3, Episode 5. Nick, Jessica, and gang rent a house in Florida for New Year's. The real estate agent is a complete douche btw.

December 24th
38. Friends - Episode: The One with the Monkey - Season 1, Episode 10. Ross brings home Marcel, his new pet monkey. Phoebe meets Hank Azaria. Good Christmas / New Year's episode.
39. Friends - Episode: The One with Phoebe's Dad - Season 2, Episode 9. The heater malfunctions during the gangs Christmas party.
40. Friends - Episode: The One Where Rachael Quits - Season 3, Episode 10. Ross breaks a little girl's leg and takes over selling cookies for her, Monica has quite a reaction. Joey sells Christmas trees much to Phoebes dismay.
41. Friends - Episode: The One with the Girl from Poughkeepsie - Season 4, Episode 10. Phoebe writes a holiday song about the group. Monica hires Joey to work for her at her restaurant so she can fire him and show her employees that she has a backbone. This was a really good ep.
42. Friends - Episode: The One with the Inappropriate Sister - Season 5, Episode 10. Phoebe gets a job ringing a bell and collecting donations (ala the Salvation Army) for the Christmas holiday.
43. Friends - Episode: The One with all the Resolutions - Season 5, Episode 11. New Year's episode where everyone makes their resolutions. Phoebe tries to teach Joey how to play the guitar. Ross wears 'hot' tight black leather pants. lol
44. Friends - Episode: The One with the Routine - Season 6, Episode 10. Ross and Monica try to get on camera for Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve. Rachelle, Phoebe and Chandler search for their Christmas presents from Monica.
45. Friends - Episode: The One with All the Candy - Season 7, Episode 9. Monica makes holiday candy for her neighbors which turns out to be a big hit, maybe to big of a hit. Ross gets Phoebe a bicycle as a present, and then has to teach her how to ride it.
46. Friends - Episode: The One with the Holiday Armadillo - Season 7, Episode 10. Great, classic, episode. Ross, unable to find a Santa Claus costume, dresses up as the "Holiday Armadillo" with the hopes of teaching his son, Ben, about Hanukkah; but Ben is more interested in Christmas and Santa Claus.
47. Friends - Episode: The One with Ross's Step Forward - Season 8, Episode 11. Ross freaks out when Mona wants to send out a joint Christmas card with their picture.
48. Friends - Episode: The One with Christmas in Tulsa - Season 9, Episode 10. Chandler has to spend Christmas in Tulsa away from Monica and his friends. Monica discovers Chandler is stuck at the office alone with a very attractive Wendy (Selma Blair) and worries about what could happen. This is a part clip-show episode that looks back on some of the prior Christmas episodes (haven't seen those in a while :rolleyes:) and several other episodes as well.

December 25th (Merry Christmas!)
49. Family Guy - Episode: A Very Special Family Guy Freakin' Christmas - Season 3, Episode 16. Pretty good episode, although I'm not a fan of when Lois snaps at the end, but I can't say I blame her.
50. Deck the Halls - Just awful. Best parts: Kristin Chenoweth and her boobs, the twins (not her boobs), and the end credits. Worst parts: nearly everything else.
51. That '70s Show - Episode: Hyde's Christmas Rager - Season 3, Episode 9. Eric gets smashed at Hyde's Christmas party and throws up in Red's shoes, causing Kitty and Red to question Bud's (Hyde's father) parenting style. Jackie tries to get a boyfriend because she is alone for her first Christmas. This episode wasn't all that great.
52. Robot Chicken - Robot Chicken's Half-A**ed Christmas Special. Never seen an episode of this show before but decided to record it b/c it was a Christmas special; it wasn't all that bad either, some pretty funny parts.
53. Stroker and Hoop - Episode: I Saw Stroker Killing Santa Claus - Season 1, Episode 10. Like Robot Chicken, I have never seen this show before but decided to record it on a friend's recommendation. Turned out to be pretty decent.
54. Bah Humduck!: A Looney Tunes Christmas - An adaptation of Dickens' "A Christmas Carol". Recorded this one on Cartoon Network, didn't even know it existed. I really like the classic Looney Tunes cartoons (I own all of the Golden Collection volumes on dvd), but this one was mediocre. A lot of the characters did make an appearance, albeit some were very brief, but it was still nice to see them in some fashion.
55. SpongeBob SquarePants - Episode: The Snowball Effect - Season 3, Episode 3. An ice glacier glides over Bikini Bottom bringing snow to the area. SpongeBob (donning a Santa hat) and co. build snowmen, have snowball fights and etc.
56. SpongeBob SquarePants - Episode: The SpongeBob Christmas Special - Season 2, Episode 5. The story of Bikini Bottom's very first Christmas. SpongeBob builds up the idea of Santa Claus and gets everyone excited, but when Santa Claus doesn't show up on Christmas morning the town becomes very disappointed and upset with SpongeBob. Squidward, a non-believer, receives a very special present from SpongeBob which alters his outlook so he dresses like Santa and gives the residents of Bikini Bottom all of his belongings. This was a very solid episode.

UKWildcat
12-25-2007, 09:07 PM
December 3rd

December 4th

December 5th

December 6th
5. Frosty The Snowman

December 7th
6. Frosty Returns

December 8th

December 9th

December 10th

December 11th

December 12th

December 13th

December 14th

December 16th

December 17th

December 18th

December 19th

December 20th

December 21st

December 22nd

December 24th
38. Friends - Episode: The One with the Monkey - Season 1, Episode 10. Ross brings home Marcel, his new pet monkey. Phoebe meets Hank Azaria. Good Christmas / New Year's episode.
39. Friends - Episode: The One with Phoebe's Dad - Season 2, Episode 9. The heater malfunctions during the gangs Christmas party.
40. Friends - Episode: The One Where Rachael Quits - Season 3, Episode 10. Ross breaks a little girl's leg and takes over selling cookies for her, Monica has quite a reaction. Joey sells Christmas trees much to Phoebes dismay.
41. Friends - Episode: The One with the Girl from Poughkeepsie - Season 4, Episode 10. Phoebe writes a holiday song about the group. Monica hires Joey to work for her at her restaurant so she can fire him and show her employees that she has a backbone. This was a really good ep.
42. Friends - Episode: The One with the Inappropriate Sister - Season 5, Episode 10. Phoebe gets a job ringing a bell and collecting donations (ala the Salvation Army) for the Christmas holiday.
43. Friends - Episode: The One with all the Resolutions - Season 5, Episode 11. New Year's episode where everyone makes their resolutions. Phoebe tries to teach Joey how to play the guitar. Ross wears 'hot' tight black leather pants. lol
44. Friends - Episode: The One with the Routine - Season 6, Episode 10. Ross and Monica try to get on camera for Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve. Rachelle, Phoebe and Chandler search for their Christmas presents from Monica.
45. Friends - Episode: The One with All the Candy - Season 7, Episode 9. Monica makes holiday candy for her neighbors which turns out to be a big hit, maybe to big of a hit. Ross gets Phoebe a bicycle as a present, and then has to teach her how to ride it.
46. Friends - Episode: The One with the Holiday Armadillo - Season 7, Episode 10. Great, classic, episode. Ross, unable to find a Santa Claus costume, dresses up as the "Holiday Armadillo" with the hopes of teaching his son, Ben, about Hanukkah; but Ben is more interested in Christmas and Santa Claus.
47. Friends - Episode: The One with Ross's Step Forward - Season 8, Episode 11. Ross freaks out when Mona wants to send out a joint Christmas card with their picture.
48. Friends - Episode: The One with Christmas in Tulsa - Season 9, Episode 10. Chandler has to spend Christmas in Tulsa away from Monica and his friends. Monica discovers Chandler is stuck at the office alone with a very attractive Wendy (Selma Blair) and worries about what could happen. This is a part clip-show episode that looks back on some of the prior Christmas episodes (haven't seen those in a while :rolleyes:) and several other episodes as well.

December 25th (Merry Christmas!)
49. Family Guy - Episode: A Very Special Family Guy Freakin' Christmas - Season 3, Episode 16. Pretty good episode, although I'm not a fan of when Lois snaps at the end, but I can't say I blame her.
50. Deck the Halls - Just awful. Best parts: Kristin Chenoweth and her boobs, the twins (not her boobs), and the end credits. Worst parts: nearly everything else.
51. That '70s Show - Episode: Hyde's Christmas Rager - Season 3, Episode 9. Eric gets smashed at Hyde's Christmas party and throws up in Red's shoes, causing Kitty and Red to question Bud's (Hyde's father) parenting style. Jackie tries to get a boyfriend because she is alone for her first Christmas. This episode wasn't all that great.
52. Robot Chicken - Robot Chicken's Half-A**ed Christmas Special. Never seen an episode of this show before but decided to record it b/c it was a Christmas special; it wasn't all that bad either, some pretty funny parts.
53. Stroker and Hoop - Episode: I Saw Stroker Killing Santa Claus - Season 1, Episode 10. Like Robot Chicken, I have never seen this show before but decided to record it on a friend's recommendation. Turned out to be pretty decent.
54. Bah Humduck!: A Looney Tunes Christmas - An adaptation of Dickens' "A Christmas Carol". Recorded this one on Cartoon Network, didn't even know it existed. I really like the classic Looney Tunes cartoons (I own all of the Golden Collection volumes on dvd), but this one was mediocre. A lot of the characters did make an appearance, albeit some were very brief, but it was still nice to see them in some fashion.
55. SpongeBob SquarePants - Episode: The Snowball Effect - Season 3, Episode 3. An ice glacier glides over Bikini Bottom bringing snow to the area. SpongeBob (donning a Santa hat) and co. build snowmen, have snowball fights and etc.
56. SpongeBob SquarePants - Episode: The SpongeBob Christmas Special - Season 2, Episode 5. The story of Bikini Bottom's very first Christmas. SpongeBob builds up the idea of Santa Claus and gets everyone excited, but when Santa Claus doesn't show up on Christmas morning the town becomes very disappointed and upset with SpongeBob. Squidward, a non-believer, receives a very special present from SpongeBob which alters his outlook so he dresses like Santa and gives the residents of Bikini Bottom all of his belongings. This was a very solid episode.
57. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Classic. Easily one of my favorite Christmas movies. :thumbsup:

December 26th
58. That '70s Show - Episode: Christmas - Season 6, Episode 7. Not a bad episode, a little better than the one I watched earlier. Red plays Santa Claus, Kitty is Mrs. Claus and Bob is an elf. The group attends a Christmas dance at school where Eric discovers he is popular with some younger school girls now that he has graduated; Kelso's line was great "You watch out okay, girls are talking to you... I think there might be a practical joke in the works."

DarthQuack
12-26-2007, 08:33 AM
December 1st
2. The Christmas Toy
3. Home Alone
4. The Santa Clause

December 4th

5. Home Alone 2

December 7th

7. Frosty the Snowman
8. The Santa Clause 2

December 8th

11. The Polar Express

December 9th

December 11th

December 12th

December 13th

16. SNL Christmas

December 14th

December 19th

December 20th

23. M*A*S*H - Dear Dad
28. M*A*S*H - Dear Sis

December 21st

December 22nd

38. Elf

December 24th

40. Frosty's Winter Wonderland

December 25th

41. A Christmas Story

Ji'dai
12-26-2007, 01:02 PM
December 2nd

December 3rd

December 5th

December 6th

December 8th

December 12th

December 15th

December 17th

December 21st
Home Alone - the last half anyway.

December 22nd
Dr. Suess' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Animated) - missed the first 5 minutes on Cartoon Network.

December 23rd
Kill Gil, Volumes 1 & 2 (The Simpsons Season 18, 2006) - Marge invites Gil over for the holidays, but he soon moves in and makes himself at home for the next year.
Xmas Story (Futurama Season 2, 1999) - Leela, Fry, & Bender are caught out after dark on Xmas Eve and soon find themselves hunted by the evil Robot Santa.

December 24th
A Tale of Two Santas (Futurama Season 3, 2001) - After Leela, Fry, & Bender trap the Robot Santa in the Neptunian ice, Bender takes over his route.

December 25th
A Very Special Family Guy Freakin' Christmas (Family Guy Season 3, 2001) - Peter gives away all the family's Christmas presents and Brian burns down the tree, which ultimately drives the holiday cheer from Lois.

UKWildcat
01-03-2008, 11:20 PM
Well I guess it's over... and it was fun while it lasted.

I went on a serious tear there towards the end, and I will always remember watching all of those great Friends episodes.

There was still a lot of stuff that I didn't get to as well, so I was kind of disappointed with exception to the 22nd, 24th and 25th, those were very solid days.

Good challenge though, can't wait to do it again next year... we will definitely have to start this one a bit earlier too (like DVDTalk) so we can get in the Thanksgiving episodes too.

Really looking forward to the next Halloween challenge as well! :thumbsup:

Good job DQ, and gang. Hopefully next time(s) around we can get more people to join too. See ya then!

DarthQuack
01-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Nice challenge indeed UK! You really poured it on the last few days....I definitely want to do a little better, but I was happy with how I did this season. I'd like to rope some more people into the challenge as well too.

El Chuxter
01-08-2008, 09:48 AM
1/7/08: A Wish for Wings that Work
It's a Wonderful Life

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Sorry for the tardiness, but in discovering this great thread, I thought it would be unChristmasy of me to forget to list the specials that I watched this year. I no I am probably leaving a few episodes out, but I will do the best that I could from memory. Dates are missing for a lot, but I will list all of the dates from the shows that I do remember.

TV SHOWS

The Simpson's episode with Gil staying with the Simpson's family.

Charlie Brown's Christmas (watched on Youtube this year) after Christmas. :sleeping:

about 5 episodes of Christmastime episodes (complete with decorated sets) of Card Sharks aired on a 12/24 marathon (from 1978:thumbsup:) on the Game Show Network, 2 of Family Feud, 2 of Password Plus, and 1 Drew Carey hosted TPIR (12/24)

Mickey's Christmas Carol (watched on Youtube this year, post Christmas)

"The Star Wars Holiday TV Special" watched the short version on youtube, late Christmas Eve, early Christmas morning (after the guests had left or gone to bed)

"The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" a TV movie from the early 1980's starring Loretta Swit of M*A*S*H* fame, about a seedy family that changes their sinful ways once they learn about the true meaning of Christmas. Based on the novel for children by Barbara Robinson. Watched with my 5th grade class on our last day of school, 12/20

NBC's SNL Christmastime special

PLAY

"The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" a play produced by the Theatre of Youth in Buffalo, NY, based on the children's novel. Saw it with the whole 5th grade on 12/13, a snowy day in these parts (we were 10 minutes late for the play because of traffic tie-ups caused by the snowy conditions.)

MOVIES

"On Her Majesty's Secret Service" the only Bond movie to significantly take place during the Christmas season.

"Die Hard" 12/20 (stayed up late on my first day off for the Holidays)

"A Christmas Story" 12/25

"Scrooged" (twice watched, one prior to Christmas (caught the end) and once on 12/30.

"Scrooge" or Alastair Sim's classic portrayal of Scrooge in a "A Christmas Carol" (the definitive version) on 12/23.

"It's A Wonderful Life" on NBC Christmas Eve.

"Bad Santa" on Comedy Central Christmas Eve (was flipping back and forth between this and "It's A Wonderful Life").

"Home Alone II" Insanely popular when these movies came out in the early 1990's, but have lost a little luster since then.