PDA

View Full Version : Target Hoth & Endor Battle Packs Availability

indyjones1981
11-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Has anyone seen or purchased the Hoth & Endor Target Exclusive Battle backs? Are they officially out tomorrow 11-25 and will they be in the Target Flyer? I plan on going tomorrow at 8am if they are being released tomorrow 11-25.

JEDIpartner
11-24-2007, 07:05 PM
I have no idea... I know they are out in some areas but not here in Cleveland. My friend hasn't found them in Massachusetts either. I'll check tomorrow morning as well. Good luck and happy hunting!!!

BTW... do we know what the DCPI numbers are on these?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-24-2007, 07:46 PM
I found them at one nearby Target, but a few others don't have them. I know that the stores that do get them in tend to get in several of each, so just keep looking and you'll be good.

DarthQuack
11-24-2007, 07:54 PM
They're what, 50 bucks a pop?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-24-2007, 07:56 PM
They're what, 50 bucks a pop?
They're each $49.00 even, plus tax.

Kidhuman
11-24-2007, 09:04 PM
My Target doesnt have any, but they have displays in the back for them. I need to wait until next Friday and hoep I can get one of theEndor, if not, I will need help with these. Damn exclusive.

indyjones1981
11-24-2007, 10:55 PM
I am in Toledo, OH and planning on picking up one of each if they are available on Sunday. I might be able to pick some extra ones up if anyone would be interested. Let me know. Thanks.

dindae
11-24-2007, 11:12 PM
My Target doesnt have any, but they have displays in the back for them. I need to wait until next Friday and hoep I can get one of theEndor, if not, I will need help with these. Damn exclusive.

Next Friday?

El Chuxter
11-24-2007, 11:16 PM
The local Target here put them on an endcap facing electronics tonight, presumably for tomorrow. They look bewitching. But they don't look like anything I'd pay $50 for.

jedi master sal
11-25-2007, 01:59 AM
Dcpi: 087-06-0112

figrin bran
11-25-2007, 03:06 AM
I've not actually seen any of these but a lot of my fellow LA area SSG'ers have already bought them.

jonthejedi
11-25-2007, 04:57 AM
I'm not giving Hasbro any more $$$ on repacks. No Bantha family, Endor AT-AT, Y-wing, Tie Interceptor, Arena Encounter or overpriced Battle Packs at the red circle store.

Kidhuman
11-25-2007, 07:46 AM
Next Friday?

Yeah, its payday. Plus this store is always behind on putting stuff out

mtriv73
11-25-2007, 09:54 AM
I got them both. The hoth set is great. The Luke snowspeeder pilot is almost worth the price of the set (okay not even close, but it was the deciding factor in picking this up.) The new turret is much improved. I could do without the AT-ST's-the mold is really due for a revamp. The at-st drivers and troopers in both packs are just different enough that I wanted them. The speeder bikes and ewoks for background are nice too. All in all, it was a great value imo. The logs in the endor set really disappointed me. I know they're just logs, but they're too big around. I guess they didn't want kiddies cramming them down their throats.

I just wish the sets were spaced out by 3 months or so. It's hard enough trying to sneak something this big into the house without the wife seeing. 2 of them is darn near impossible. Add to that the release of the battlepacks and the arc 170 and it's been an expensive weekend. Unfortunately, I can't wait and space these out because things never last long on the shelves here.

jjreason
11-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Baah.... I hadn't even cared about these until reading your post, mtriv. :mad:

Now I'm interested... and it looks like I missed them by just a few days in going x-border shopping last weekend.

I guess I might have to make another trip...these types of things are WAY too expensive to have shipped up from the US.

decadentdave
11-25-2007, 10:42 AM
Yeah the AT-ST is long overdue for an overhaul. Get rid of the stupid gun on top and put the bars around the hatch, smaller side cannons, new molded chin gun, front windows with opening flaps and do away with the push-button walking legs, just add more articulation to the feet and joints. I'd buy that for a dollar.

waboritas
11-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Picked up both this morning. Never got the AT-STs last time around and I thought the value was there with troop builders, speeder bikes, the turret (which I did not get in '97). I hear you about sneaking them in. My wife made a comment to me about them when she saw the ad in Target and I just kept my mouth shut. Hasbro is killing us this month - Waves 7, 8 and 9(probably $70, as I don't want all of them) AT-ST Battle Packs ($100), 6 Galact Heroes Battle Packs ($130), ARC Fighter ($30), ARC Battle Pack ($20). That is $350 in December alone. Did I mention space is a problem to boot......If she catches me, she is going to serve me papers. God, I hope there are no more clearance sales at Master Replicas.

jjreason
11-25-2007, 11:32 AM
It's a gong show. A long, LONG dry summer followed by this intense burst of product on the shelves makes me very frustrated.

figrin bran
11-25-2007, 12:28 PM
I finally saw these at a Target this morning. They're featured in this week's ad so every store should have them out already on an endcap.

indyjones1981
11-25-2007, 12:34 PM
I picked up one of each. Awesome items. Worth the $49. I do agree that the AT-ST needs to be resculpted/redone. But overall am happy with the 2 sets but not big on exclusives but understand them from a retailers pov. Hope others liked the sets also.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-25-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm not giving Hasbro any more $$$ on repacks. No Bantha family, Endor AT-AT, Y-wing, Tie Interceptor, Arena Encounter or overpriced Battle Packs at the red circle store.I can understand not wanting repacks, but I don't believe these are overpriced. Each set has 8 figures and an AT-ST. In addition, the Endor set has two speeder bikes and some log accessories, while the Hoth set has the turret. All that for $50 is a great value.

I saw these in the ad this morning so I made a special trip to the other side of town to get these. I saw a couple that had the Endor set. I ended up behind them in line and they noticed that I had both of them. I think she said they got theirs after seeing someone else with both of them. I don't know how many they are going to end up getting, but what was on the shelf was all they have, then it is a good thing I went this morning, because they might be gone by the time I get off work tomorrow.

DarthQuack
11-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Sucks....I don't get paid til Thursday.....grrrrr

Val Da Car
11-25-2007, 03:18 PM
I picked up the Hoth set today (on the endcap all nice and stuff).

I can't wait to open this up and compare it to the Vintage Turrets.

JEDIpartner
11-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Dcpi: 087-06-0112

Thanks, Sal!

Got to the Target near my house at 8am and they had one Hoth (which I grabbed) and two Endors -- one of which was badly smashed up. I should've taken it to the cash wrap and asked if I could have it for $30 since it was so beat up.

I can understand not wanting repacks, but I don't believe these are overpriced. Each set has 8 figures and an AT-ST. In addition, the Endor set has two speeder bikes and some log accessories, while the Hoth set has the turret. All that for $50 is a great value.

I saw these in the ad this morning so I made a special trip to the other side of town to get these. I saw a couple that had the Endor set. I ended up behind them in line and they noticed that I had both of them. I think she said they got theirs after seeing someone else with both of them. I don't know how many they are going to end up getting, but what was on the shelf was all they have, then it is a good thing I went this morning, because they might be gone by the time I get off work tomorrow.

I can really agree with you on this one. I think it's a great deal for the price. If you want army builders, this Hoth set gives you the three Snowtroopers, two of which are VTSC and one that is the old SAGA one. It also gives you a "new" Luke and a blue coat VTSC Han. I'm a retro kinda guy so I like the Blue coat versions. You also get a repaint of Derlin, who can stand in as cannon fodder, and a repaint of the SAGA Hoth Trooper, which wasn't great, but is nice as far as filling in the scenery. The Turret is really pretty cool... and HUGE!!! The AT-ST is actually a better quality one than the one that was released as the TRU(?) exclusive from a few years back.

I took down the Mustafar set from the "playtable" and put up a myriad of Hoth scenes since my partner was putting up Christmas in the house. :D

decadentdave
11-25-2007, 04:46 PM
I agree they are a great value. The AT-ST alone was $20 normally and the new Turret is probably worth at least $10 plus all of the figures add another $40. The window box makes an attractive display. I had to buy 2 of each.

jedi master sal
11-25-2007, 06:26 PM
On the way back home from my Thanksgiving break I stopped into Target. Got the last one left at the one I was in.

I was going to wait, but for the price it really was a good deal. I'll still look to get two more if they clearance (for the turrets and snowtroopers).

Hmm and I didn't think to have a Hoth set-up for a Christmas display. I should do that this year...

Thanks for the idea Dale.
-Sal

jjreason
11-25-2007, 06:41 PM
My brother picked up 2 of each (Hoth & Endor) for Pegger and I in St. Paul this afternoon. Can't wait to see them, especially after reading these reports.

DarthQuack
11-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Picked up these bad boys tonight.....my fantasy football check for $100 hasn't cleared yet so I'm in the clear til payday :).....They are freaking HUGE....I didn't expect the turret to be so big.

Tycho
11-25-2007, 08:16 PM
I saw these for my first time today. They are excellent values - I reckon like $96 worth of toys for $50!

$20 ATST
$10 Speederbike
$10 Speederbike
$56: 8 figures @ $7 each:

Han
Chewie
Bikerscout
Stormtrooper
Bikerscout
AT-ST Driver
Ewok
Ewok

plus the logs. Yeah, you'd add Endor Leia and maybe a Rebel Trooper and a Death Star Trooper or Imperial Officer.

Then Hoth is also pretty complete as well.

JEDI MASTER SAL

These battle packs are out in force from almost every SW movie:

AOTC - Toys R Us Arena Battle (Beasts, heroes, droids, Geonosians(?), Jango
ROTS - ATRT / Kashyyyk coming? (somewhere?)
ESB - Hoth
ROTJ - Endor

The smaller ones cover stuff well, too:

TPM - Hanger Battle (Duel of the Fates)
AOTC - Arena again
ROTS - Yoda vs. Palpatine in Senate
ANH - boarding of the Tantive IV
ESB - Bespin Betrayal
ESB - Dagobah training
ROTJ - ? (currently shipping I mean)

SAL:

You'd almost give up creating your dioramas and just go with these ready-made-and-boxed sets, huh?

Well NOT EXACTLY:

Geonosis / Utopau - no Battle Pack is going to fit the Republic Gunship and possible AT-TE

Kashyyyk - we could still get a Wookiee catamaran and the Turbo Tank. Yeah right: that's going to fit in a battle pack?

Hoth - sorry, but the AT-AT in a battle pack? The snowspeeder?

Naboo even? I don't think the AAT Tank will fit. It was rumored they're going to put STAPs in a battle pack, but whatever.

As cool as these sets look (great for the newbie or the enthusiast without a lot of space who's looking for something economical) you still really have to open these things up.

Geonosis needs the Gunship, upcoming Homing Spider Droid, Hailfire, Geo Fighter, etc.

Hoth needs the AT-AT and snowspeeder.

Endor could still stand to use the old Shield Bunker doors playset.

Even the small Betrayal at Bespin could add Lando, Lobot, and Stormtroopers.

But the Target exclusive sets are awesome nevertheless - especially in light of the fact that ROTS newbies who were 5 or so years old for the last movie can enter Classic Star Wars collecting with a huge bang!

JetsAndHeels
11-25-2007, 08:20 PM
I saw them tonight also, but didn't buy one. I may go back and get one tomorrow if they are still available.

El Chuxter
11-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Keep feeding the beast, y'all. Keep feeding the beast. :)

Blue2th
11-25-2007, 09:14 PM
I saw these this morning and knew I had to have the Hoth set, so I bought it.
Seeins' how it has a white AT-ST.
Bluecoat VTSC Han.
Two VTSC Snowtroopers with yellow snow.
Two-tone orange Luke. His pants are a deeper red-orange with some dirt and grime overall.
The Bren Derlin turret operator is in grey instead of tan.
The AT-ST driver's helmet is painted a two-tone grey-green with black.
The turret is awesome. With nice paint detail and battle-damage. I didn't realize it was so big.
I can do without the shrimp-rebel and I guess the Saga snowtrooper is ok.
All in all, I am very pleased with this set. So many things to like.
I may go back and buy another one just for that turret mainly.

I skipped the Endor BP simply because there's nothing major in there that I don't already have. Even the AT-ST with the exception of having more battle-damaged is grey like the one I already have on display.

Mvader91
11-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Hit nearly six different Targets today. Holliday travel will do that for ya. Every Target had them on the shelves. Other than that nothing to report.

decadentdave
11-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Just went to Target and they had a full endcap and a huge pallet stacked over by the kids clothes with about 50 of each set. I smell CLEARANCE if any last after Christmas. If that's the case I will buy a few more.

With the Endor Battle Pack we also have the Ewok with Glider deluxe saga figure and the Endor Shield Generator Bunker accessories to complete the scene.

With the Hoth Battle Pack we also have the Probe Droid. This Turret reminds me of the old one from the Kenner Turret and Probot set. Wish they would make more playset bases like the Imperial Attack Base which I always used for the Rebel trenches. If these Ultimate Battle Packs become a trend we may yet see some interesting playset accessories. Imagine a Chulman's Cantina Battle Pack with the full bar including distillery with an assortment of aliens, or a Streets of Mos Eisley with repainted TRU exclusive Landspeeder with Luke, Ben and the droids, Sandtrooper garrison Ronto with Jawas, etc. How about a Survival on Hoth BP with Wampa, Wampa Cave Luke, Hoth Chewie and Han, Probe Droid, 2 Tauntauns from the TRU set with open belly rescue and intestines? Battle at the Pit of Carkoon with Sarlaac beak and tentacles, Tatooine Skiff, and all the players (think enhanced version of the BP released last year). I can really see these becoming the new way to re-issue vehicles and figures while at the same time repainting and retooling them to make them better while offering some new features and playset accessories never released before in an economic value pack.

Luuuuuuke
11-25-2007, 10:30 PM
I'll buy the Hoth one if it goes on clearance. Otherwise they look cool, but Im not into these. West Covina Target had a handful of them on an endcap today(but none left in the stockroom, which I thought was odd given I don't recall they put them out early). Baldwin Park Target jumped the gun and sold them out Friday or Saturday before they were even supposed to be out. They had none today.

decadentdave
11-25-2007, 10:37 PM
The thing with these Target sets is I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off like with the TRU exclusives. I passed on the Geonosis Arena and the Bantha. Seriously, TRU has become the most overpriced exclusive vendor. $45 for a Bantha and a few Tuskens?!?! The Aaclay and Reek with a few figures for $70 is a ripoff compared to the Target sets which at $49 feels right... even better if they get reduced down to $25. :lipsrsealed:

Luuuuuuke
11-25-2007, 10:52 PM
The thing with these Target sets is I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off like with the TRU exclusives. I passed on the Geonosis Arena and the Bantha. Seriously, TRU has become the most overpriced exclusive vendor. $45 for a Bantha and a few Tuskens?!?! The Aaclay and Reek with a few figures for $70 is a ripoff compared to the Target sets which at $49 feels right... even better if they get reduced down to $25. :lipsrsealed:

I personally wouldn't feel ripped off if I got the Target battlepacks. But I'm not a carded collector, so while they look nice, all I care about is what's in the package. And what's in the package isn't stuff I want to pay $50 for. I'm also going to pass on the new ARC 1 70. All I want now is the AT-RT Assault Squad (1, maybe 2, but that's a big maybe).

jonthejedi
11-26-2007, 05:00 AM
...and I'll be another bearer of negativity on this repack/redeco issue. I saw them yesterday at multiple Targets & passed. Yes, visually, they are impressive in the box...but not for $49. Ultimately, guys, if you buy to open(and I'm a little confused here), don't most of you already have what's included from other sets. So tell me...what's the appeal to open? I have the old Kenner Turret/Probot set and this new piece is nuthin' like the old(that's one good thing). And two plastic logs from the Endor set???Besides...I feel those who feel the pricetag is too hefty will be rewarded, and soon. This will be clearanced, mark my words. I'm giving Sideshow & Medicom my hard-earned $$$ for new stuff, and no more to Hasbro. Because of the screwed-up distribution this fall(due in no small part to Force Unleashed being postponed) I'm struggling just to find all of wave 7, 7.5 & 8(thanks Saga Legends!). I'll save my money for the new AT-AP. I don't need 5 chicken walkers in my collection, and that's probably what I would be up to.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-26-2007, 09:45 AM
I could do without some of the characters, but there are plenty of army builders in there. I don't have a turret or logs, and I only have one other AT-ST. I'm not likely to open it soon, so for now it looks good in the box. When I do open it, I'll have more troops. Also, I like the blue coat Han and the Luke is a nice kit-bash, as are the AT-ST drivers. I doubt these will be around long enough to clearance here unless they have a lot more to put out. Last year's shuttle didn't last long.

Blue2th
11-26-2007, 10:17 AM
There are enough repaint variations and kit-bashes of good figures that I liked the first go around, including the AT-ST ( you won't ever find a white one again) to buy at least the Hoth set. The turret just tops it off. I doubt too that the Hoth set will last till clearance.

JON9000
11-26-2007, 10:34 AM
I really LOVE the Hoth set. The turret is awesome and every figure inside is basically a winner. Sadly, I am running out of room for stuff and this badboy is pretty dang huge with the turret, so I am gonna pass. Maybe I won't be able to resist if it goes on clearance, but I doubt it'll get there. Target is offering great deals on these two items, and the splashy packaging will catch the eyes of a lot of kids in an ever more crowded market.

When I saw them yesterday, the endcap made a people stop and have a look.

If only Hoth Han had been "hood up". that would have been the capper.

TheRealDubya
11-26-2007, 11:54 AM

If that had been the case, I would have been out of my head. Picked my Hoth up last night and just love it. What a great, fun set. I really dig the Luke.

Tycho
11-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Since they are ready-made dioramas (minus some vehicles, especially Hoth's), do any of you plan to just carefully open access to the packages as they are, and insert more figures like Endor Rebel Soldiers or Leia Endor and some Ewoks, held in place with poster putty or rubber cement or something?

Let's see:

Hoth? Add Flashback Snow-Chewie, Hoth Leia, General Veers, AT-AT Driver, Darth Vader, General Rieeken perhaps? A better Hoth Soldier?

There's no way to really put in a snowspeeder or AT-AT though.

Endor? Add VTAC Leia Endor, Saga2 Endor Rebel Soldiers, SL Imperial Officer, Ewoks Teebo, Chief Chirpa, Wicket, Logray, TAC Romba & Graak, TAC Death Star Trooper - I think that's probably it. Saga2 Luke Endor?

Or if it got too crowded, just maybe a couple of these options per scene?

Lazer Brain
11-26-2007, 12:56 PM
got both set yesterday, they are big. but will probably wait to open, got to find some space. they are very cool.
later

decadentdave
11-26-2007, 01:11 PM
I really LOVE the Hoth set. The turret is awesome and every figure inside is basically a winner. Sadly, I am running out of room for stuff and this badboy is pretty dang huge with the turret, so I am gonna pass. Maybe I won't be able to resist if it goes on clearance, but I doubt it'll get there. Target is offering great deals on these two items, and the splashy packaging will catch the eyes of a lot of kids in an ever more crowded market.

When I saw them yesterday, the endcap made a people stop and have a look.

Just swap the head from the Saga Han. Someone on the Yakface forums made an excellent tutorial how to kit-bash a hooded VTSC Hoth Han and it looks spectacular. The blue coated VTSC Hoth Han was one of the big selling points for me along with the two VTSC Snowtrooper repaints and the Turret. This set was a must-have.

Blue2th
11-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Since they are ready-made dioramas (minus some vehicles, especially Hoth's), do any of you plan to just carefully open access to the packages as they are, and insert more figures like Endor Rebel Soldiers or Leia Endor and some Ewoks, held in place with poster putty or rubber cement or something?

Let's see:

Hoth? Add Flashback Snow-Chewie, Hoth Leia, General Veers, AT-AT Driver, Darth Vader, General Rieeken perhaps? A better Hoth Soldier?

There's no way to really put in a snowspeeder or AT-AT though.

I've been thinking about that myself.
It's such a nice background, I thought about just cutting the window box and leaving the background intact.
You could blend the background with some blue construction paper, and make it bigger. Add one more turret and the rebel ray-dish.
There's not much room for the AT-AT on a shelf with this set, but that is a whole separate space with a crashed or hanging snowspeeder.
You almost need three separate shelves for Hoth.
One that doubles as the Rebel Base, and Probot scene, and Wampa Cave.
One for the AT-AT with a Snowspeeder.
One now for another battle scene with the Target Hoth set.
I already have one of those white shelfs you can buy at Walmart that is perfect for Hoth scenes.

DarkArtist
11-26-2007, 01:33 PM
haven't seen these yet, might go hunting tonight at the Target by me, while doing some Christmas Shopping.

Phantom-like Menace
11-26-2007, 03:55 PM
I grabbed the Endor set today. I've been very much waiting for a rerelease of the AT-ST, and while I prefer the Hoth deco and the giant (awesome) turret, I really need more speeder bikes, so that clenched it for me. I'm going to want to grab at least two more of these eventually, and I'm not sure if I'll try to grab the Hoth set or not. If the Snowtroopers didn't have loathesome soft goods, I'd probably grab only the Hoth set and just worry about getting more speederbikes later.

Kidhuman
11-26-2007, 04:36 PM
How are the speeder bikes in the Endor set? Are they repacks of the good sculpts or the poopy sculpts?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-26-2007, 06:34 PM
How are the speeder bikes in the Endor set? Are they repacks of the good sculpts or the poopy sculpts?
From what I understand (I haven't opened either set yet), they are the 1995 mold but don't explode, much like the Shadow Scout bike but in normal colors.

decadentdave
11-26-2007, 10:36 PM
I actually prefer non-exploding bikes. The other ones would always fall apart too easily. They also integrated a die cast metallic piece in the rear by the breaking flaps possibly for weight balancing when standing upright for display. Also the front stabilizer fins are less pointed now and more rounded obviously for child safety reasons. The repaint with weathering does look nice though.

DarkArtist
11-26-2007, 10:40 PM
just picked up the Hoth set tonight. passed on the Endor set for now, might pick it up after Christmas. Didn't see the TIE Bomber, ARC-170, or the ARC Battlepack.

jamesbondo07
11-26-2007, 11:16 PM
I picked up both sets yesterday. They are great packs. You get 8 figures and 2 vehicles so it is a pretty good value for $49.00. I used the backround in my small diorama of Hoth.

TheDarthVader
11-27-2007, 12:26 AM
I have seen and purchased the following Target exclusives:

1. Galactic Heroes Jabba's Palace
2. Galactic Heroes Death Star Assault
3. White Tie Bomber
4. ARC-170 Fighter (only saw 3 on shelf)
5. Hoth Big Battle Pack
6. Endor Big Battle Pack

The only one I am still looking for is the ARC battlepack. Does anyone know when this one is due? I have used this DCPI code: 087060342 Does anyone know if that is the right code for the ARC battle pack? All that comes up is Star Wars cinema scene. ????

Anyway, I think these exclusives rock. The stormtrooper in the endor set even has an endorian dirt deco! That is too cool. On Sunday, my Target had about 20 of each. Today they were down to about 4 of each. You do the math. If you are thinking about getting this set you had better GET IT NOW! These sets are a limited time offer and no one can know if Target will get a second shipment of these big battle packs. My bet is NO. The stockman had told me that they got a full pallet of these bad boys. I would think that would be enough. I don't know for sure...better safe than sorry though! Good luck and happy hunting!

Mad Slanted Powers
11-27-2007, 01:06 AM
On Sunday, my Target had about 20 of each. Today they were down to about 4 of each. You do the math. If you are thinking about getting this set you had better GET IT NOW! These sets are a limited time offer and no one can know if Target will get a second shipment of these big battle packs. My bet is NO. That was my thought as well. Target Exclusives usually don't stick around long, so I can't imagine these being around long enough to be clearanced.

mm74md
11-27-2007, 10:31 AM
That was my thought as well. Target Exclusives usually don't stick around long, so I can't imagine these being around long enough to be clearanced.

I ended up buying a second set to open yesterday at my closest Target. There were only a handful of each and the DCPI shows no more in the back.

I regret passing on the Target release of the Imperial Shuttle last year and it going away so fast that I had to pick up another set.

I don't have any AT-ST so both of these sets are a no brainer. I actually find myself with too many Snowtroopers since I got a bunch on clearance over the summer.

Can't wait to open them up!

TheDarthVader
11-27-2007, 10:50 AM
mm74md, I have sent you a pm regarding snowtroopers.

Yes, lessons learned from the past: the imperial shuttle was never clearanced in my area. They were flying off the shelf. I am glad I was able to get one. If you think these big sets are going to be clearanced, then you are dreaming. I am predicting that all of the sets in my area will be g-o-n-e by thursday.

I am not going to wait until the AT-ST is released again by itself...who knows how long that could be.

jedi master sal
11-27-2007, 11:22 AM
I have seen and purchased the following Target exclusives:

1. Galactic Heroes Jabba's Palace
2. Galactic Heroes Death Star Assault
3. White Tie Bomber
4. ARC-170 Fighter (only saw 3 on shelf)
5. Hoth Big Battle Pack
6. Endor Big Battle Pack

The only one I am still looking for is the ARC battlepack. Does anyone know when this one is due? I have used this DCPI code: 087060342 Does anyone know if that is the right code for the ARC battle pack? All that comes up is Star Wars cinema scene. ????

Anyway, I think these exclusives rock. The stormtrooper in the endor set even has an endorian dirt deco! That is too cool. On Sunday, my Target had about 20 of each. Today they were down to about 4 of each. You do the math. If you are thinking about getting this set you had better GET IT NOW! These sets are a limited time offer and no one can know if Target will get a second shipment of these big battle packs. My bet is NO. The stockman had told me that they got a full pallet of these bad boys. I would think that would be enough. I don't know for sure...better safe than sorry though! Good luck and happy hunting!

I'm still looking for the ARC battlepack. As well I still need the AC-170 itself (whale deco). Do you have the DCPI for that as well?

The Endor sets are clogging up in my area. Still a lot of time left for holiday shopping, however I'm hoping it will go on clearance, as well as the Hoth set. I'd like to score a couple more turrets and the repainted Ewoks, and I'll prolly keep the troops, but the rest I'm trading/selling off (providing I get those extra sets).

Luuuuuuke
11-27-2007, 03:08 PM
I have purchased

1. ARC 170 Battlepack(x3). I'm done with.

2)AT-RT Assault Squad(x2, one for a fellow collector). I finally saw today on shelf, but I really don't "need" more than one set. I'm an opener. MIGHT get one more if it clearances.

Have seen and passed on:

1)ARC 170 fighter . Saw about 8 this morning

2)Hoth and Endor sets. I'm an opener and I have most of these pieces.

My experience with Target exclusives, which are my favorite, is that they stick around in good numbers for a few weeks, or maybe even more than a month. Then in a split of the eye, they're all gone. (Except for the few stragglers that make it to clearance).

decadentdave
11-27-2007, 03:13 PM
How many ARC Battle Packs are you guys getting? I got one to open and one to keep but I'm thinking about getting another one for my Clone Wars Gunship crew.

jedi master sal
11-27-2007, 03:31 PM
How many ARC Battle Packs are you guys getting? I got one to open and one to keep but I'm thinking about getting another one for my Clone Wars Gunship crew.

If I can find it, I'm going to get two. Crap I'll need 5 pilots though....2 for the gunship and 3 for the ARC. So I'll prolly try eBay for the 5th one. That or if they clearance then I'll buy a third set and trade/sell off the extra Astromechs and the one extra Pilot I'll have.

jamesbondo07
11-27-2007, 03:55 PM
What's with the different types of Snowtroopers in the set? Two are soft goods with removable helmet. Then there is one without soft goods and non-removable helmet. I guess I would have preferred consistency one way or another.

jedi master sal
11-27-2007, 04:25 PM
What's with the different types of Snowtroopers in the set? Two are soft goods with removable helmet. Then there is one without soft goods and non-removable helmet. I guess I would have preferred consistency one way or another.

The other one is an older one and an officer to boot. It's a'ight.

Luuuuuuke
11-27-2007, 05:47 PM

I bought one more today for a total of 3. If they go on clearance, I might get one more. I generally want between 6-8 of most clone troopers. I don't need that many pilots though. In fact, 2 pilots is enough for me. I really bought these for the clone troopers.

DarkArtist
11-27-2007, 06:13 PM
would like to get about 2 of the Arc battlepack if I ever find one that is. Still no luck.

So I finally opened the Hoth Battle Pack and all I got to say is how much I want to kick the guy who packaged that. it took me 30 minutes to get everything out of the box and to boot the wire drawstrings broke my good scissors. I don't understand why Hasbro feels it necessary to put so much of these annoying things in the box.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-27-2007, 08:21 PM
What's with the different types of Snowtroopers in the set? Two are soft goods with removable helmet. Then there is one without soft goods and non-removable helmet. I guess I would have preferred consistency one way or another.According to Rebelscum's archives, two are this year's vintage version, while one is last year's TSC version.

TheRealDubya
11-27-2007, 08:57 PM
would like to get about 2 of the Arc battlepack if I ever find one that is. Still no luck.

So I finally opened the Hoth Battle Pack and all I got to say is how much I want to kick the guy who packaged that. it took me 30 minutes to get everything out of the box and to boot the wire drawstrings broke my good scissors. I don't understand why Hasbro feels it necessary to put so much of these annoying things in the box.

I'd say it took it me a good hour to liberate everything from that package. I can't even imagine a kid trying to get all that stuff out.

TheDarthVader
11-28-2007, 12:14 AM
DCPI for the ARC fighter (per my receipt) is 087060042. Hope this helps!

decadentdave
11-28-2007, 03:45 AM
Anybody else find it odd that the Snowtroopers had a white faced Jango head underneath? It must be really cold on Hoth to turn a Kiwi clone pale. :D

mtriv73
11-28-2007, 08:49 AM

I hadn't thought about that (gunship crew). Oh well, back to target.

jedi master sal
11-28-2007, 09:09 AM
I got two of the ARC battle packs last night.

Also some "breaking" news. Get the Target Battlepacks ASAP! One of my fellow local collectors works for Target and reports that there is a very short timetable for these packs to ship. In fact he claims stores will only get two shipments of these (this includes the ARC, AT-RT, and two Ultra sets). So when they are gone they are gone. No replenishment. With that info, I wouldn't expect them to clearance given the holiday rush.

I consider this info solid as not only he but his mother works there (he is in his late 20s-he's not a kid).

I'm glad I got the two sets, now I only need one more pilot and I'm done with it. I'll keep the four clones and put them in the gunship with the ARC troopers and put two of the ARC pilots in it. The other two pilots will go into the ARC itself if I can get it. (Thanks for the DCPI TheDarthVader.)

Now if anyone gets extras of the AT-RT set and wants to sell or trade the Bacara repaint, LMK.

-Sal

Kidhuman
11-28-2007, 09:12 AM
I was going to get one this weekend, but my damn alternator just went out.

El Chuxter
11-28-2007, 09:47 AM
Which one? I know vyn had some trouble with his Grimlock Alternator. Personally, I'd think it'd be Windcharger; he's a piece of crap not worthy of the Alternator name.

Blue2th
11-28-2007, 11:55 AM
I made the Target rounds this morning. I have not seen the Arc Fighter, Arc Battle-pack, or Kashyyyk pack yet.
When is the official release date?
Think I'll pop in later today or tomorrow armed with the DCPI numbers.

BTW: The Ultimate Battle-pack Hoth's seem to be thinning out quicker than the Endor BP's.

Luuuuuuke
11-28-2007, 02:27 PM
I made the Target rounds this morning. I have not seen the Arc Fighter, Arc Battle-pack, or Kashyyyk pack yet.
When is the official release date?
Think I'll pop in later today or tomorrow armed with the DCPI numbers.

BTW: The Ultimate Battle-pack Hoth's seem to be thinning out quicker than the Endor BP's.

I think the official release date is Sunday, the 25th. But some Targets have already put all of them out. So I wouldn't hold them to that date.

Especially with Sal's info about their limited release. I already got all I want from these exclusives: 2 AT-RTs and 3 ARC 170 battlepacks. Passing on everything else.

On to the Wal-Mart exclusive comic packs! Gulp..

Tycho
11-28-2007, 06:43 PM
I was going to get one this weekend, but my damn alternator just went out.

Well you should get Riccochet. He wasn't the Alternator I'd buy, but I heard that if he ever goes out, there's a great chance that he'll come back.

waboritas
11-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Picked up the Arc-170, AT-RT BP, Arc Pilot BP, and the Tie Bomber at Target tonight. They had tons of the Hoth and Endor BPs. Still haven't seen Waves 7-9 at retail.

decadentdave
11-28-2007, 08:12 PM
I got the last wave at TRU. Got all but the Rebel McQuarrie. The new Jango is awesome and the training Clone is cool except for the snap-on armor. I'm sure it sounded like a good idea to make snap-on armor but the execution is just horrible. I got about 6 of them to use for the training scene but I won't be using the armor on them. That's why we have regular Clone Trooper figures.

stillakid
11-28-2007, 10:17 PM
the execution is just horrible.

What execution isn't? Unless they deserve it, of course. :D

JetsAndHeels
11-28-2007, 11:23 PM
I picked up the Hoth pack last night. Awesome set.

They were all out of Endor packs, but that is ok because I wanted the Hoth one more anyway.

jedi master sal
11-29-2007, 12:56 AM
Snagged an ARC-170 starfighter. Thanks again for the DCPI! (whomever that was who posted it).

Also picked up the AT-RT set on a whim. I wasn't going to as I really only wanted the Bacara, but once I saw it, it grew on me quickly.

And as I mentioned before. Targets are only going to get these shipped once, maybe twice. So when they are gone, the are gone.

Good luck to everyone else.

Glad I was able to get this exclusive business (and by business I mean crap) out of the way.

TheDarthVader
11-29-2007, 12:59 AM
Hey Sal, you are welcome. If you could, get my an ARC battlepack and I would greatly appreciate it. That is the pack that I want the most...and I just want one.

Yeah, target has a bunch of exclusives for some reason. The bomber rocks! I prefer the white paint to the blue. Good luck everyone.

DarthQuack
11-29-2007, 01:07 AM
I may swing by a Target tomorrow, or just place an order on Amazon.com....although I just checked the prices on the ARC 170 and the Battlepack....and they're up.....AT-RT is still at 29.99 so I'll put in an order for that.

Uncle Salty
11-29-2007, 01:40 AM
is there some reason that the one rebel is wearing blue? also i don't remember wickett ever driving a speederbike. is that in a comic or did they just make it up?

Mad Slanted Powers
11-29-2007, 02:19 AM
is there some reason that the one rebel is wearing blue? also i don't remember wickett ever driving a speederbike. is that in a comic or did they just make it up?
The only blue rebel is the blue coat Han in the Hoth pack. There have been blue-coated Hoth Hans released before.

Tycho
11-29-2007, 06:26 PM
My Toys R Us had the Clones' Attack on Coruscant (gunship troopers) and The Hunt for Grievous (ARC Troopers) battlepacks. I didn't know people here wanted those. Also the Bespin Capture battle pack.

I love these giant Target Endor and Hoth Ultra-Battle Packs. I am so tempted to buy them, but don't really need them for anything. I just miss my dioramas (in storage) as that is almost exactly how I assembled and displayed my figures previously - making the environments by hand with model railroad landscaping materials instead of cardboard of course. Hasbro just did a wonderful job with these!

stillakid
11-29-2007, 06:50 PM
My Toys R Us had the Clones' Attack on Coruscant (gunship troopers) and The Hunt for Grievous (ARC Troopers) battlepacks. I didn't know people here wanted those. Also the Bespin Capture battle pack.

I love these giant Target Endor and Hoth Ultra-Battle Packs. I am so tempted to buy them, but don't really need them for anything. I just miss my dioramas (in storage) as that is almost exactly how I assembled and displayed my figures previously - making the environments by hand with model railroad landscaping materials instead of cardboard of course. Hasbro just did a wonderful job with these!

I just opened mine Endor and Hoth up today. Takes friggin 20 minutes to cut through all the wire and tape. I mostly happy to have a large turret! Very cool.

Tycho
11-29-2007, 07:03 PM
The logs seem like almost a burden in the Endor set. If you open it, what do you hang them from?

They are good for ground cover as the one is being used by Han and Chewie in the box. But in my former Battle of Endor fixture display, I had clear plexiglass strips made to span the top of the glass case. Then I used clear fishing wire to hang the Ewok glider - and 2 snowspeeders in my large Battle of Hoth.

If I were to use such logs as the new battle pack includes, I would also have to create simulated trees inside the fixture to hang them from above "scout walker height." I don't have that kind of room in the fixture (the reason my Hoth battle uses only 1 AT-AT and 1 AT-ST for example). The displays I make are big enough in my opinion, and neither more walkers or more trees appeals to me. BTW, 2 vintage Ewok Village Playsets fit in the Endor one, however those trees are not scout walker height.

Blue2th
11-29-2007, 07:12 PM
If you can't set up a diorama, these sure make a nice substitute. Instant mini-diorama. Besides there's at least a couple of things in there we have never seen before, at least in the Hoth scene.
Unless they re-issue the blue coat VTSC Han, or a white AT-ST.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Since we might be getting some snow this weekend, I made a trip to Target after work today. Looks like they put out some more of the Hoth and Endor sets. There were still several of each. I looked for the smaller battle packs. They only had one each of Hunt for Grievous and Clone Attack on Coruscant. I decided to save my money since I already got those the first time. They only had one or two of the Droid Factory Capture as well, but I didn't want that one. They had several of the ARC-170 sets, so I got one of those.

Tycho
11-29-2007, 09:39 PM
What irks me is that I think the Anakin in the Droid Factory set is the superior Evolutions AOTC Anakin, and while I want 7 more of those, I don't need 7 Jango Fetts, C-3POs, or the worst R2D2 ever made. I could find something to use the Destroyer Droids for, but seriously Hasbro: just single-card the darn Anakin Evolutions figure already!

Darth Cruel
11-30-2007, 02:44 PM
I picked up one each of the Hoth and Endor Battle Packs today. VERY nice sets. What EVERY battle pack should be. If you see 8 figures at 7.00 each (56.00) the AT-ST (20.00) and the cannon tower (at least 10.00)...you atre looking at 86.00 worth of stuff for 49.00. I am down with that. I may not even wait to see if the go on sale before picking up openers.

Snowtrooper
12-01-2007, 02:12 PM
I finally got mine last night. My brother picked up 1 of each for me since I don't live anywhere near a Target. I really like these sets. The turret looks awesome!! Its a really good value for $49.00.

It looks like they wont make clearance. He said they only had 4 left when he bought these. So if you want them, buy em when you see em.

Darth Cruel
12-01-2007, 03:52 PM
I bet you are right. My local Targets (3 of them, 1 a Super Target close enough to me that I gane leave my house, hit each one, and be home in 1 1/2 hrs) have like 30 of each between them still out after like 2 or 3 days. But will likely get another of each tomorrow.

dindae
12-01-2007, 09:36 PM
Just picked up the ARC-170, ARC Battle Pack, and TIE Bomber online minutes ago if anyone still needs them. Of course this is after I spent all day driving around trying to find them and got nothing.

CaptainSolo1138
12-03-2007, 10:05 AM
I haven't had the need or desire to buy anything SW for about two years now, but I saw these sets yesterday and had to update my Christmas list. Like many have said, these are what playsets SHOULD be. I only hope that this is a sign of things to come if they plan on bringing back/keeping their customer base. The possibilities are almost endless for sets like these and the price point is ridiculously awesome.

And the Hoth turret is freakin' sweet.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-03-2007, 11:41 AM
saw this on saturday and passed. 50 bucks is a lot for figures and a vehicle I already have. That turret was nice, but not worth 50 bucks! :thumbsup:

waboritas
12-05-2007, 02:25 PM
I see them both as quality army builder sets with nice accessories and vehicles, priced right and great presentation to boot. If I had everything in them and multiples, I would have probably passed on them as well, however, I didn't have an AT-ST, only had one POTF Leia Speeder Bike and never got the vintage or POTF Turet set. I looked at them as decent army builder sets as well with all of the troop that were included. I have passed on a lot of the Hans as of late so I really didn't mind getting the endor version (sans the coat) again, as that will be my opener and the vintage will likely stay in the package. I like how they used the Hoth Han to give us the blue coat as well.

dindae
12-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Well they are one set away from being gone around here. I have only seen the ARC 170 battle pack in the store, but i got everything when they showed up online.

Slicker
12-05-2007, 11:55 PM
I haven't had the need or desire to buy anything SW for about two years now, but I saw these sets yesterday and had to update my Christmas list. Like many have said, these are what playsets SHOULD be. I only hope that this is a sign of things to come if they plan on bringing back/keeping their customer base. The possibilities are almost endless for sets like these and the price point is ridiculously awesome.

And the Hoth turret is freakin' sweet.Maybe you should pick up both of these sets (and the other exclusives) for your brother...just a thought for the holidays Christmas.

mm74md
12-10-2007, 08:54 AM
These have disappeared in 3 different Targets in south central PA & western MD. Glad I got these when I did.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-10-2007, 07:43 PM
I think they were gone from the Target here when I checked Friday. The end-cap they had been on had AT-RT sets, ARC-170 sets, ARC-170's, a TIE Bomber and I think some sort of sets from the Miniatures collection.

preacher
12-10-2007, 08:14 PM
All I can say is get these if you see them. I thought sure the ARC-170 redeco and ARC-170 battle pack would outsell the hoth and endor super packs and consequently bought those instead. Mistake.

The ARC-170 is still on the shelves in droves and the super battle packs are gone. I missed my chance. Around the 1st week of Decmember there were about 10 of the hoth and 6 endor. I went to pick them up over the weekend and they are gone. I couldn't believe they sold so fast.

BountyHunterScum
12-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Whats so cool about these sets?

Mad Slanted Powers
12-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Whats so cool about these sets?

They are a great value for the money. The turret is a nice addition to the Hoth set. They are mostly army builders so you aren't getting too many duplicate figures. That's probably why the Hoth one is better, because it has the turret and the Endor one has another Han & Chewie. For those that don't plan to open, they look pretty nice in the box.

BountyHunterScum
12-11-2007, 01:51 PM
They are a great value for the money. The turret is a nice addition to the Hoth set. They are mostly army builders so you aren't getting too many duplicate figures. That's probably why the Hoth one is better, because it has the turret and the Endor one has another Han & Chewie. For those that don't plan to open, they look pretty nice in the box.

Fair enough, that means someone like me who isn't an army builder wouldn't get these necessarily.

mtriv73
12-11-2007, 02:49 PM
They're available at target.com (or they were last night.) So's the Arc-170, the arc-170 BP, and the Tie bomber.

jonthejedi
12-23-2007, 05:40 AM
Not surprisingly, all Target exclusives are wiped out...The $50 sets, the BP's, GH 10-packs, the ARC, AT-RT Assault Squad at the 3-5 stores I hit on my day off. I guess they didn't make it to after-the-holidays clearance.

jedi master sal
12-23-2007, 10:34 AM
ARCs and ARC battle packs are still clogging in some Targets here.

Neuroleptic
12-23-2007, 10:47 AM
The exclusive ARC battle packs and ships didn't even make it off the carts for shipping here! I saw them getting them ready for display, and decided to come back later when they put them on the shelves to see what they cost.

Big mistake!

I asked a sales associate about them, and apparently a few people bought ALL of them.

My bet is every single one of em is on E bay right now.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-23-2007, 02:16 PM
At several of my local Targets, they are drowning in the ARC-170s. I don't know how long that will last; all the Ultimate Battle Packs have already sold through, it seems.

General_Grievous
12-23-2007, 06:13 PM
all the Ultimate Battle Packs have already sold through, it seems.

Same here. Those went like hotcakes. There's going to be a lot of happy kids this Christmas.

DarkArtist
12-23-2007, 07:13 PM
was in Target last night and they had an endcap of ARC's, ARC Battlepacks, and a few of the AT-RT Patrol sets. picked up 2 of the battlepacks and asked Santa for the ARC-170 so we'll see if it's under my tree on Tuesday.

Slicker
12-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Is anyone still seeing all of these sets on a regular basis (AT-RT, Endor, and Hoth)? I still need them and could use some help. I know they're expensive so don't put yourself out but if you happen to have hundreds of extra dollars laying around and want to help out I'd appreciate it.:thumbsup:

figrin bran
12-23-2007, 10:38 PM
These are sold out at my local Targets as are the AT-RT sets and the Galactic Heroes exclusive sets and the ARC Elite Squad battlepack. There are still plenty of TIE Bombers and Clone Wars ARC-170's, however,

waboritas
12-30-2007, 11:26 AM
I must say I got a kick out of walking down the toy aisles in Target this week and the shelves were EMPTY. I wonder what will end up on the shelves when they get shipments in '08.

jedi master sal
12-30-2007, 02:00 PM
I must say I got a kick out of walking down the toy aisles in Target this week and the shelves were EMPTY. I wonder what will end up on the shelves when they get shipments in '08.

Hopefully all new stuff and easy to find...

It's looking like Target will be the place to go at least for the first quarter of 2008, while the other places are forced to sell off their old stock. And since that is the case, it could drag it out over the year.

If Target does get their stuff first, they'll sell through first, and WM and TRU will play catch up all year, much as they did this year.

Vi Cit Tecum
12-31-2007, 12:14 PM
I found a lone Hoth pack for 35.00 at Target they are now on clearance (I left it there

Ric Olie
12-31-2007, 03:43 PM
12 pages and no photos. Anybody know where I can find some pics?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-31-2007, 03:49 PM
Check the Rebelscum photo archives.

kool-aid killer
01-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Anybody have a Ultimate Hoth Battle Pack floating around a local Target? Omaha is dry. Money and food stamps to the forum member that can hook me up.