PDA

View Full Version : I had a dream the other night that I was the father of 2 beautiful daughters

Tycho
11-27-2007, 01:21 AM
But either we were homeless due to more California wildfires, or we liked sleeping outdoors on a wooden boat dock with no covers, no sleeping bags - but I think we had pillows.

Anyway, there were two beautiful, thin, blonde haired girls with blue eyes, probably ages 11 and 8 or something like that. I could tell they loved me.

It was strange because I've pretty much ruled out having children because of my kidney disease. It's hereditary - that's the only way one can get it. And you all remember my brain aneurysm from the other year. So I think I loved my daughters very much and was fearful of them developing kidney failure themselves (the signs usually manifest themselves when they are older than the girls in my dream).

But my dream played out like a plea for help - like "father, please let me be born anyway. I want to live and will love you for my life."

I felt ashamed that I didn't know who their mother was and so I didn't bring the subject up with them in my dream and can recall actively wanting to avoid that question. I've had a lot of blonde girlfriends, so I woke up with a mind to revisit my past and make sure I don't recollect any having the opportunity to have been pregnant without my knowledge.

But it made an impact that my kids were happy to be alive and have me as their father, in spite of the fact that perhaps we were sleeping outside, homeless (maybe - dreams are vague - but the impact of California's fires were very real to a lot of us that were up close to them).

So it gave me a lot to think about.

I write stories around the material I get prompted in my dreams. I wonder if I'll use this somehow?

Luuuuuuke
11-27-2007, 02:21 AM
Dreams can be pretty damn vivid. When I was little, I'd have some of the most vivid dreams. And when I realized a certain character in one of my dreams didn't exist, I'd be just a little bit crushed.

LTBasker
11-27-2007, 02:59 AM
Knowing you, it was probably more of a camping adventure than a homeless thing. Though why you would take your blonde daughters to where there could be drunken sailors, I have no idea. :p

Of course, your mind might just be telling you you're not done yet. :D

bobafrett
11-27-2007, 02:59 PM
I had a dream last night and my fiance's two daughters were in it. We were all in the bathroom, and I really had to pee, So I'm peeing, and her oldest daughter was giigling (I had my back towards them, and when I turned around and zipping up, the youngest daughter was in the bathtub taking a bubble bath, and only her face was sticking up through the bubbles. I quickly averted my glance toward the ceiling, and left the bathroom.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Tycho and frett, I think Chris Hansen would like to have a word with the both of you.

Tycho
11-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Tycho and frett, I think Chris Hansen would like to have a word with the both of you.

Uh, I said these girls (in my dream) were my daughters! :rolleyes:

However, in real life, I think I met their mother today. She's at least 21-23 years old I'd imagine.

General_Grievous
11-27-2007, 09:20 PM
However, in real life, I think I met their mother today. She's at least 21-23 years old I'd imagine.

Then you had better knock her up fast.

Tycho
11-27-2007, 11:07 PM
No! You could interpret my dream to be a nightmare as well.

I'd avoid becoming a parent if I could, of course!

And why "knock her up fast" if she's in her early 20's anyway, just out of curiousity?

It's a recipe for owing child-support outright. And since I'd actually BE a father and raise my own kids if I were to ever have them, I don't see any promise of GETTING child support from my would-be kids' mother unless I was K-Fed and she was Brittany Spears. However, I think Jessica Alba and Kristin Kruek are still available, though the latter isn't rich and the former isn't worth anything close to as much as Spears is, I'm sure.

And both those ladies are in their mid-20's, btw.

bobafrett
12-05-2007, 03:20 PM
It's a recipe for owing child-support outright.

And how. I know this all to well. I finally got my child support stopped earlier this year. It's nice being able to keep what I make to support the child who lives with me.

Did you not see, I said I averted my eyes!