PDA

View Full Version : What?

sith_killer_99
02-11-2002, 02:12 AM
OK, 'til now I have held my comments on the new AOTC line to a minimum.

And I still contend that I will judge these when I see them. But a few things need to be said.

1. What's the deal with Chicken Pox Palpatine. I know he's supposed to look old, but this guy looks more like he fell into a patch of Poison Ivy?

2. What's with Squatting Jar-Jar? Is he standing? Is he sitting? Is he standing in line for the bathroom? What?

3. What's with the PINK Clonetrooper? I know this one's not Hasbro's fault. But COME ON!!! I am assuming that this guy is supposed to be the Clonetrooper Captain or Commander. PLEASE tell me that GL did NOT do this in the film. It's PINK for crying out loud!!! PINK, as in PINK. Get it PINK!!! I am praying that Hasbro did this to throw us off, that the real color is, well, ANYTHING but PINK. I can live with yellow, green, blue, red, purple, orange, lavender, ANYTHING but PINK!

With that said, there are some VERY positive things to be said for the new line.

1. The sculpt of Christopher Lee is awesome.

2. It look like we will FINALLY be getting those new 12 inch Bounty Hunters.

3. More of the features I like, such as:

Lightsabers with removable blades.

Holsters with removable guns.

4. Some cool new features such as:

Metal lightsabers?!?!

Pack-in accessories we can get some REAL use out of.

5. It looks like Zam may be the Masterpiece for the new line. The pic I saw had articulated knees, and an OPEN face with the scarf hanging down. If the scarf is in fact removable/interchangable or whatever, this will be a GREAT figure.

Now for the downside to the new line.

1. I HATE the whole "magnet/force" thing Hasbro is doing.

2. Many of the figures seem to have that dynamic/one-pose-wonder leg stance going on.

Final thoughts:

While I eagerly await the release of the new line I will be limiting what I purchase during the next 6 months or so.

When these things hit the stores I will only buy what I really want. If I am really STOKED about a figure (which includes any FETT) I will buy 2! One for my MOMC collection and one for my loose collection.

When they start to go on clearance I will buy the junk figures at junk prices. These will go into my MOMC collection. Chances are they will be packed away in a box for the next 20 years or so. These will most likely include:

Chicken Pox Palpatine
Squatin' Jar-Jar
Pink Clonetrooper

Comments?

GNT
02-11-2002, 02:26 AM
From the pictures I've seen the clonetrooper is red,This could be one of three things,the trooper could be the captain of a squad,the one who flies the republic gunship or a special fighting trooper

hairless chewie
02-11-2002, 02:34 AM
:D congrats sith!!!!

Battle Droid
02-11-2002, 03:12 AM
The Yoda looks awful, the Ep1 one is alot better.

LTBasker
02-11-2002, 03:15 AM
No I think it was said that Clonetroopers wearing yellow were the Captains/Squad leaders, from Hasbro's image they appear to have only the Red Clonetroopers in the Gunship, maybe they're like special forces or something?

evenflow
02-11-2002, 06:54 AM
I agree that Yoda looks horrible. :(

LTBasker
02-11-2002, 12:10 PM
Hasbro made him look younger than he does in E1... That sneaky lil' devil, he's gettin force-lifts!

JEDIpartner
02-11-2002, 12:24 PM
that would be...

Yoda
Jar Jar
the scene specific poses
the gimmicks that make the figures look like malformed snot with paint.
figures that won't fit in ships
Anakin and his suddenly chubby face
Padme and her case of battle rigor-mortis
Cheap carboard "extras" for playsets
Studio 54 snap-on accessories for extra "flash"

have I missed anything...?

I'm sure I have!

rdrunr89
02-11-2002, 01:38 PM
I haven't been able to find the pick of Palpatine. The Yoda looks goofy and no lightsaber? Does this mean he isn't going to use a lightsaber as was originally stated or are we going to get 10 different versions of Yoda to buy in different poses with different weapons?

The Geonasian Warrior looks like something from Aliens. By the way, who is Dejus Puhr??

IcebergSlim
02-11-2002, 01:38 PM
Is there anything you like??

rdrunr89
02-11-2002, 01:47 PM
I do like most of the figures and I'm not saying I wouldn't buy the ones I dislike, just pointing out various things I've seen about them. I think the Count Dooku figure looks great as do most of them, just some of the stances they put the figures into aren't that great.

One more thing...What are the rebel troopers they came up with. They look like Endor soldiers. Anyone? Bueller?

IcebergSlim
02-11-2002, 02:05 PM
Sorry rdrunr, I was addressing JEDI....

Darth Evil
02-11-2002, 02:19 PM
I'd say the Rebel Soldiers are from Endor. Dooku DOES look great, is his lightsaber blade removable? He'll be my first AOTC figure for sure!

rdrunr89
02-11-2002, 02:32 PM
No Problem Iceberg. Thought I should throw in my two cents on what I did like too though.

I think the coolest AOTC toy is the Gunship, that is just sweet.

JEDIpartner
02-11-2002, 02:38 PM
I like:

Zam Wessel
Threepio
Orn Free Taa
uhh...:stupid:
uhhhh...:sur:
Obi-Wan (with the droid)
Super Battle Droid
Count Dooku
The new Astrodroid
The Tusken Raider chick
hmmmm...:rolleyes:
...That's about it for now. :frus:

Oh, yeah... the ships are nice. Couple of those beasties aren't quite horrible.

Lord Tenebrous
02-11-2002, 02:56 PM
I still feel Hasbro manipulated us a little, based on the initial reactions to characters. They didn't focus on the characters they knew we'd buy (Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, Jango), they made the things we'd nickname like "Darth Arthritis", "Dumb Arena Creature", and "Old Men in Drag" even better.

I don't think many people initially thought Dooku and Palpatine would be standout figures. Orn Free Taa is a great surprise. It's sort of like with the fall/winter POTJ preview. While others were raving about the Rebel Fleet Trooper and the Imperial Officer, I was saying the best figure was the figure I thought I would never buy, FX-7. Now, it seems, everybody loves that droid, so much so that I can't find one.

So now Anakins and Padmes are going to litter the shelf, and I probably won't find the figures I want. :(