PDA

View Full Version : New pics of SW/BSG Titaniums Wave 1 2008

Darth Duranium
11-27-2007, 03:01 AM
Thanks to Curto at Rebelscum:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Whats_Next_For_Titanium_Series_110421.asp

The AT-OT and skiff look very cool. Enough jedi starfighters, speederbikes, and Falcons already! These ships have been repainted what, 4 or 5 times each now?

I don't remember all that red on the Galactica's profile, though I like it...it'll stand out from the Konami one that has no red at all.

Looks like it was "re-imagined" as if it were in the new series. I hope the Valkyrie is next.

joshephe
11-27-2007, 07:48 AM
it looks like the falcon is the exact same as the first falcon. but i am not sure.

ascmclarencoupe
11-27-2007, 04:53 PM
it looks like the falcon is the exact same as the first falcon. but i am not sure.

Here is a comparison of the two:

Let the judging begin...;)

LTBasker
11-27-2007, 05:36 PM
The paint appears slightly darker (mostly the dark gray in the middle) but I think it's supposed to be basically the same - a clean Millenium Falcon. It makes sense; it hasn't been around in quite awhile so they may as well rerelease to allow newcomers to get their hands on one of their top 10 or even top 3 ships.

Galactica - Kinda cool lookin, I may end up getting it. I'm not a fan of either BSG but do admire the designs of the Battlestars.

Skiff - Very nice job, looks like it even has landing gear (one of the feet appears to be protruding at the bottom), and looks bulky enough to house an extending/retracting plank.

Kashyyyk Speeder Bike - Bland repaint.

Saesee Tiin Jedi Starfighter - Cool, now all we need is the Clone Wars one.

AT-OT - Interesting, might've been better with some Clones sculpted on but still not bad, at least it's a new, and quite detailed sculpt.

Jangu Fett
11-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Wow, how very not impressive. Another Falcon, speeder bike and JSF??? What the heck????

The AT-OT and Skiff are alright but, I'm not really interested in either. Looks like Galactica is the only one I'll be getting. I said it before, I'll say it again. Hasbro REALLY needs to figure out what their doing with this line. Or they'll just end up killing another GREAT "GALOOB" line.

Darth Duranium
11-27-2007, 09:36 PM
LTBasker, I hear you... the re-done 2005 Falcon seems to be a way of crushing the scalper market. Hasbro has redone a whack of the "rarer" ones like the Pegasus and the Ewok speederbike so it stands to reason. I hate scalpers so I'm ok with that.

I guess I'm whining because there are so many left to do and we keep getting lame-o repaints like the Kashyyyk speederbike and the Shadow AT-AT... ad infinitum... ad nauseum. How very imaginative of Hasbro.

And anyway, screw the latecomers lol. You snooze, you lose hehehe.

By the way, I'm a huge fan of the new BSG show... I hope you give it another shot, LT. The original show is pure fromage but still fun in an ubercampy way... and don't forget the foxy babes with feathered hair... on both shows.

The new show is best watched on dvd... consecutively, in my opinion. Did you catch Razor, LT? I'm surprised you're not a fan...you being a Starfleet Jedi Clone Trooper and all.

Here's a quick and nasty comparison of the Konami BSG on the left and the new Titanium one... the Titanium will actually be a bit smaller against the Konami than it appears here.

Gotta say that Konami wins the accuracy stakes... paint-wise anyway. The Titanium is missing the ship's name on the hull, too... just like the Pegasus and the Ultra BSG.

Still, looking forward to that one.

JediTricks
11-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks for posting that comparison, I knew something seemed off about that Galactica bout couldn't put my finger on it - it's everything. :p The "head" and side pods are way too narrow.

This wave has a good number of new entries, but it is a bit of a sleepy wave with nothing terribly exciting in it. And that Falcon rerelease is a tragedy.