PDA

View Full Version : Would everyone like to participate in a poll for "BEST figure of the year"?

jedi master sal
11-29-2007, 04:08 PM
I sent the following message to JT, but I wanted to get everyone else take on this too.

Hey JT,

I'd like to run a series of polls that let's our forumites choose which is the best figure of 2007, in the basic TAC line.

First we'd start with each wave. The top vote getter moves on to the next round. We do this for all 9 waves. These polls would only run for 3-4 days so we could be close to done by the end of the year. In the case of a tie, all of the top tieing vote geters move on.

Ok, so second round we now have 9+ figures. the top three vote getters move to the final round where we vote on one.

Top one get's the distinction of being SSG's best figure of the year.

No criteria is set forth as to why it's the best either. Just leave that up to the forumites.
Though we can explain that the decision "can" be based on sculplt, articulation, character, etc.

A similar poll can be done for Battle Packs and yet another for vehicles.

This would be a good way to get everyone involved. Of course you and the couple of other fellas who post their year-end round up can still do so. These polls just give a way for everyone to join in.

So what do you think?

Now again this is ONLY for the TAC basic line. We can run another for the packs and vehicles as I mentioned and even one for exclusive of the year. Whatever we can reasonably come up with.

I like reading the year end round ups. However, I would really like to see the whole site involved to see what the most popular choices are.

So here's YOUR chance, what do you think? (This is not meant for you to vote on a figure in this thread, rather just state if you'd like to participate in this series of polls.)

Thanks!
-Sal

MASTERKESSLER
11-29-2007, 04:29 PM
I would be interested in doing a poll. One question that I have is would the Mcquarrie be included in the poll for each wave or should there be a seperate vote for the best Mcquarrie figure?

Luuuuuuke
11-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Sure, why not? Everyone likes lists and polls.

Bosskman
11-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I loved the "best figure ever" poll.

Droid
11-29-2007, 04:51 PM
I like that this thread is having a poll as to whether or not there should be a poll!

DarthQuack
11-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Sure, sounds like a great idea.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-29-2007, 05:55 PM
yeah sounds like a good idea to me.

2-1B
11-29-2007, 06:09 PM
ROTS 2-1B

thanks

Blue2th
11-29-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm on board.

Tycho
11-29-2007, 09:01 PM
That's a good idea. It doesn't interfere with our year-end-round up.

I'm voting for a comic 2-pack figure for that, so far as I know.

Should they be allowed in this poll? If it's done as JediMasterSal proposes, with sub-category winners from each wave, then the comic 2-packs can be handled all together or as waves as well.

Since there were also EU figures in Wave 5, (Darth Malak, etc.) and other places (Animated Fett, Voolif Monn), I think the McQuarrie figures should still be included in their waves they were issued in. I might vote for one of them anyway (within its wave).

But this is for you all. You guys should decide. I just posted my opinion.

Old Fossil
11-29-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm game.:thumbsup:

2-1B
11-30-2007, 12:14 AM

Should they be allowed in this poll? If it's done as JediMasterSal proposes, with sub-category winners from each wave, then the comic 2-packs can be handled all together or as waves as well.

Since there were also EU figures in Wave 5, (Darth Malak, etc.) and other places (Animated Fett, Voolif Monn), I think the McQuarrie figures should still be included in their waves they were issued in. I might vote for one of them anyway (within its wave).

2-1B wasn't in a comics pack so I don't know why it's an issue anyway? :confused:

Tycho
11-30-2007, 12:32 AM
In all seriousness, 21-B is a 2008 figure and unless he ships early, (which IS a possibility) he won't qualify for the best figure of the year, but rather be a contestant next year.

It remains to be seen. We all have 32 days left to find 21-B unless the majority want to limit the eligibility to TAC "coin" figures, for which the medical droid also will not qualify.

BTW, I'm entertaining this because I like 21-B. I just don't know if I'll have the opportunity to buy him before December 31.

bigbarada
11-30-2007, 12:34 AM
I say yes. Can we do a "worst of" 2007 poll as well?

I don't see any reason to not include the McQuarrie figures. Most of them are pretty cool, but there were better figures being put out this year.

Tycho
11-30-2007, 12:40 AM

You mean like have "a vote of no-confidence" in Phil Collins with Moisture Vaporator with a ruling on water-boarding with Han Bespin in torture chair?

:D

figrin bran
11-30-2007, 12:48 AM
I'd like to participate in this as well. Tycho (the figure) is a definite contender!

decadentdave
11-30-2007, 03:43 AM
You mean like have "a vote of no-confidence" in Phil Collins with Moisture Vaporator with a ruling on water-boarding with Han Bespin in torture chair?

:D

Phil Collins doesn't have that much hair.

jedi master sal
11-30-2007, 09:10 AM
I would be interested in doing a poll. One question that I have is would the Mcquarrie be included in the poll for each wave or should there be a seperate vote for the best Mcquarrie figure?

Hmm, that's a good question. It might be a good idea to have a McQ poll unto itself. I'll confer with JT on that one.

-Sal

jedi master sal
11-30-2007, 09:12 AM

I'm talking with JT about this.

What I'm proposing is several different polls.
Best TAC basic carded figure
Best Comic Pack
Best Battle Pack
Best Multi-pack (Packs not marketed as Battle packs)
Best Vehicle
Best Order 66 pack
Best Exclusive

Lots of polls and plenty of choices and reasons to get involved and keep coming back to SSG!
-Sal

JON9000
11-30-2007, 09:14 AM
It's going to be a tough call. The basic line has quite a few outstanding figures this year.

jedi master sal
11-30-2007, 09:16 AM
In all seriousness, 21-B is a 2008 figure and unless he ships early, (which IS a possibility) he won't qualify for the best figure of the year, but rather be a contestant next year.

It remains to be seen. We all have 32 days left to find 21-B unless the majority want to limit the eligibility to TAC "coin" figures, for which the medical droid also will not qualify.

BTW, I'm entertaining this because I like 21-B. I just don't know if I'll have the opportunity to buy him before December 31.

The basic figure poll would be for 2007 figures only, regardless if 2008 figures hit early. The 2008 figures would have their own poll at the end of 2008. We need to have a clear line on which figures to vote for. So keeping years seperate is the easiest.
2007 coins, 2008 stands. easy to deliniate.

jedi master sal
11-30-2007, 09:17 AM

I don't see any reason to not include the McQuarrie figures. Most of them are pretty cool, but there were better figures being put out this year.

Hmm, worst poll huh? Good idea as well. We'll have to see how Steve and JT think about that. I know I'd be interested in seeing what people think the worst was.

-Sal

TheDarthVader
11-30-2007, 11:38 AM
I would be up for a best and worst of poll. Jaff and I did a worst poll a long time ago that was very popular. I think people tend to like griping more than praising. :D

Tycho
11-30-2007, 12:46 PM
"I can feel it coming in the air tonight. Hold on.
And I've been waiting for this moment, all my life. Hold on." :D

Snowtrooper
11-30-2007, 01:23 PM
Count me in!!!

Jaina Solo
11-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Sure, I'm in. I am kind of wondering though, like others have said, if the McFigs should have their own poll.

JediTricks
11-30-2007, 02:10 PM
The McQuarrie thing is a real conundrum. On the 1 hand, they're part of a separate sub-series. On the other, they ARE basic figures in those waves. My first instinct was to remove them, but the reality is that they should count as they're part of the numbering system and they are basic figs.

As for the idea of "worst", I like that too, but it's tough competition. :p

On the other sets, it's an interesting idea, I'd like to see more feedback from you guys here first.

jedi master sal
11-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Ok folks, here's your chance to participate in this. Let's let JT and Steve know we want to do this.

Then we can start posting the polls soon and everyone can vote for "SSG's best" of whatever category the poll is.

-Sal

jedi master sal
11-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Woot!

The first poll is UP!

Go and vote folks. It only takes a second.

I'm very interested to see which figure wins from each wave and then who the ultimate winner is.

-Sal

2-1B
11-30-2007, 06:39 PM
One vote for one figure, that's my vote. Don't do multiple polls, just one all encompassing poll and let it fall where it may. :)

JediTricks
11-30-2007, 07:11 PM
It's by waves, doing a poll with 60 choices would be overwhelming and the software couldn't handle it anyway. Plus, it'd end up with 15 ties for the win unless there is a blatantly clear top fig (which I doubt).

Question, do you guys mind if it ends in the first week of '08? Because that's how it's currently set up, the poll will start just before new year's and end a few days into the new year.

2-1B
11-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Makes sense, then how about by Wave and declare an overall winner from that crop ?

mark2d2
11-30-2007, 07:26 PM
I think this would be a fun poll. My pic would be. . . hmmmm. . . I think the Jawa with LIN-V8K. Awesome two pack. Awesome figures. . . both done right.

jedi master sal
12-01-2007, 02:27 AM
Makes sense, then how about by Wave and declare an overall winner from that crop ?

That's exactly how I proposed it to JT and how he's running it.

You get a few days to vote for a fig in a wave. The next poll for the next wave will start about midway though the previous one finishing. And so on until all 9 waves are done.

Also, would you guys like to have a "best of 2007" battle pack poll, and/or vehicle poll?

-Sal

JediTricks
12-01-2007, 02:34 AM
For the basics, polls will last 6 days, and a new poll will be added 3 days into the previous poll. That ought to work pretty well so long as nobody minds having the results 5 days into the new year.

Sal's question is a good one, what about voting on vehicles, battle packs, other stuff like that?