PDA

View Full Version : Target pegs are looking bad

tagmac
11-29-2007, 05:33 PM
....at least in my area. I went in there today for the first time in a few weeks. Found one Baron Fel/Hobbie comic pack (only one of the wave left, luckily the only one I wanted), four Endor sets and a couple of the Bespin/Droid factory battle packs (which I left), but the basic figure pegs were exactly the same as when I was last there. There wasn't even evidence that new figures had been there. In fact, they only had one new figure, a UGH Carbonite Han from last year! Must have been a return, but I picked it up to add to my small UGH collection.

Anyone finding anything new in Targets by you? The one by me seems to be restocking nothing but Transformers.

JetsAndHeels
11-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Sorry to hear things are so bad.

I have actually had some luck at my local Target. I went in this past Sunday night and picked up a McFett and a pre-cyborg grevious (2 figures I had yet to see anywhere before then).

I went back Tuesday night and scored a Hoth battle pack also.

Old Fossil
11-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Haven't been to Target in a while. Wal-Mart has actually been satisfying my limited figure needs these past couple of months.

jedi master sal
11-30-2007, 09:31 AM
I got lucky and found a few UGH that I still needed a couple of days ago.

I'm down to needing four UGH and I'm done with them.
Biggs
McFett
McTrooper
Vader

Lazer Brain
11-30-2007, 09:36 AM
my target here in texas used to be the place to go for new figres, but this year it has been the worst , execpt for the exclusives,which they just got out this week. but they have been a big disappointment . oh unless your still looking for last years figures we got plenty.
later

tagmac
11-30-2007, 10:22 AM
I haven't even been to Wal-Mart since that little run in with the possible scalper racing me to the toy aisle. Having gotten lucky just once with HTS, waves 5 and 6 are complete, so I'm just waiting for my wave 7 and 8 sets to ship from EE.

Of course when the 2008 wave 1 hits, that will be another story entirely! hope Target shapes up by then, because those pegs haven't changed in literally 4 months at least!

figrin bran
11-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Tagmac, the situation at your Target store sounds like the one at one of my local stores. No one is buying any of the figures and so there is no automated reordering being triggered.

However, at other Target locations, I've found wave 5 and even a red Naboo Soldier from wv 7.5.

Jaina Solo
11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
I haven't seen much new at my Targets lately. We've still got a bunch of Saga Collection General Reikenns at one store.

jedi master sal
11-30-2007, 03:25 PM
I haven't seen much new at my Targets lately. We've still got a bunch of Saga Collection General Reikenns at one store.

Ouch! Now that sux

Luuuuuuke
11-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Wal-Mart's pegs look better right now. Target is literally hit and miss. Sometimes they have a few, and I mean a few, cases of new figures. But they dissapear fast, then you're left with the same crap. But compared to WM, it's not the same volume of crap because they generally do not hang as much stuff on the pegs.

The Target nearest where I live is horrible.

Kidhuman
11-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Target is sitting on waves 3 and 6 here. They just keep packing out these 2 waves. Horrid.

Jayspawn
12-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Same here KH. They keep restocking the same waves.

Except a few Targets have stocked the Exclusives (ARC, Battlepacks, etc).

Luuuuuuke
12-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Target is sitting on waves 3 and 6 here. They just keep packing out these 2 waves. Horrid.

Funny, I don't see too much wave 6 in my Targets. Even the pegwarmers. Target's great for exclusives right now, but pretty crappy for basic figures.

dindae
12-05-2007, 08:50 PM
My Targets are just now regularly putting out wave 4/5 with some 6. Wal-Marts aren't too much better although I have seen 7 a few times. KB is stocked right now with wave 6 even the McSnowtrooper but the extra buck seems to deter any takers. TRU I haven't anything after wave 6 but I don't hit them enough. They have been putting out figures like crazy. One day I will go and it is stocked to ends of the pegs next time 3 cases worth are gone and then stocked full again the next day. It's a shame they are so far out of the way.

jamesbondo07
12-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Target has been the best place for me lately. Wal-Mart seems to keep restocking just legend figures where I am. I just found some of Wave 7.5 at Target the other day.

Neuroleptic
12-05-2007, 10:46 PM
A lot of yall are prety darn lucky.

Here, there are only three places to find star wars figures.

Walmart: Same figures they have had since . . . I don't know, about march?

Target: A little better than walmart. But what they get new seems to get swiped up the instant it gets to the shelves. Since I can't get there but once every two weeks or so, and it's usualy in the afternoon or evening, I never find anything new. I'm sure they have exclusives, but I don't know what they will have by the time I'm able to get there.

K-mart: Hasn't re stocked since, I kid you not, JANUARY. Pegs were nearly empty last time I was there. they still had three pegs full of ROTS figures though. They seem to never stock my K-mart.

No KB. they closed all of them except an outlet store way out in the middle of nowear here in Kansas.

No TRU for two hours. Far too far to drive to one with the cost of gass.

On the rare chance I do find something new, I am usualy so surprised and happy . . . then I realize it's also a figure I don't want! All I tend to collect are Imperial figures, Droids, and clones. But I gotta turn to E-bay for that, and after the outragous shipping, it just isn't worth it unless it's a figure I desperately want.

jedi master sal
12-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Neuroleptic, it sounds like you need to shop online then. There are plenty of avenues to shop online and between the gas, time, and frustration saved on trying to look for figs at brick and mortar stores, it's well worth it.

Figure this, even with shipping, you know what you are getting, so you've saved there by not having to "hunt" down the figs. Also, the fact that they come to YOU, rather than you trodding about to find them.

Other than store exclusives, I really don't go out of my way to find figs at stores anymore. Sure, when I'm in a store I'll check "my area." However the amount of times I do that is greatly decreased compared to years past.

With the limited resources of brick and mortar you have as well as the old stock issue, I'd say buying online is a good option for you.

-Sal

Neuroleptic
12-06-2007, 04:50 PM
I have thought of that. But it seams that on line they cost a bit more, wich makes it much harder to justify to my wife the cost for my 'pointless' collection.

So I usualy just take a look while I am at the store looking for something else. It also keeps me from going crazy and spending too much. But this year it has been quite a bit worse than others. I actualy bought three figures this year, all from Ebay.

Where are some other good places to look on line? (My wife and check book may regret me asking this . . . but I gotta anyway!)

Deoxyribonucleic
12-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Targets around my area are slim pickings! Just in the last week did I see wave 5 hit the shelves, before that wave 1 and 2 were the only ones on the pegs and still are. Also the peg full of SAGA Rieekiens like JS said.

Don't know what's up with them this year?

Wal marts here on the other hand have been great.

figrin bran
12-07-2007, 12:37 AM
I have thought of that. But it seams that on line they cost a bit more, wich makes it much harder to justify to my wife the cost for my 'pointless' collection.

So I usualy just take a look while I am at the store looking for something else. It also keeps me from going crazy and spending too much. But this year it has been quite a bit worse than others. I actualy bought three figures this year, all from Ebay.

Where are some other good places to look on line? (My wife and check book may regret me asking this . . . but I gotta anyway!)

Well, for starters, you could join the legion of SW collectors that monitor Hasbrotoyshop daily. For entire cases of figures, New Force Comics is a great place and Entertainment Earth is another option.

My local Target, by some miracle, has sold most of the Mace/Saesee Tinn/Marine figures that have been pegwarming for months and so hopefully I'll see a restock there in a few days.

Adam
12-07-2007, 09:54 PM
My Target has about 8 cases of wave 5.. the revision with no McQuarie figures in it of course.