PDA

View Full Version : Repaint Wave (7.5)

Mad Slanted Powers
11-29-2007, 08:38 PM
I saw these for the first time today at Wal-Mart. I only found Rebel Vanguard, Red Naboo Trooper and Pax Bonkik. No clones, holo Vader or R2-B1.

Blue2th
11-29-2007, 08:54 PM
I have only found the Naboo Trooper in the wild so far. Got a couple of the others on order from HTS. No Vader or Clones though.

Old Fossil
11-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Haven't seen this wave yet myself... hoping to find R2-B1 and the Rebel before Christmas, then I'll be done with TAC for good.

Lazer Brain
11-30-2007, 09:40 AM
found these at walmart the other night, for repaints they are not THAT bad, but I can see why some people are not happy about it. Holo Darth is a great looking figure tho, he will be the hardest one to find, only one per case.
later

tagmac
11-30-2007, 10:24 AM
Haven't seen them, but then I have no desire to get them, either. As much as I'd love a complete set of coins, these figures are just a cheap excuse not to give us some new ones.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-30-2007, 06:58 PM
found these at walmart the other night, for repaints they are not THAT bad, but I can see why some people are not happy about it. Holo Darth is a great looking figure tho, he will be the hardest one to find, only one per case.
laterThe holo Darth was the one I was least interested in, but I will probably get it for the coin. The rest are all decent or are army builder types.

Ji'dai
12-01-2007, 06:27 PM
This is the only wave I haven't seen, but I'm not pining away for them. Might get a Vanguard Trooper and the Rodian, but that's about it.

I noticed that figures #48 (Holo Vader) and #49 (7th Legion Clone) aren't listed on the wave 7 or 8 cardbacks. I had to look 'em up online to find out what they were.

bigbarada
12-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Why did Hasbro even make this wave? We're already getting a flood of new figures, why couldn't they have just dropped the entire wave once Force Unleashed got delayed? Did it have to do with completing the coin album?

Kidhuman
12-01-2007, 08:12 PM
I ordered some of these from HTS, Pax, Rebel Vanguard and R2-B1.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Why did Hasbro even make this wave? We're already getting a flood of new figures, why couldn't they have just dropped the entire wave once Force Unleashed got delayed? Did it have to do with completing the coin album?
That would probably be a good reason. It's not a bad wave really. It's good for army builders, and those that like clones and new alien characters. R2-B1 was a rare figure, so this gives people another shot at that one, and with an improved sculpt.

dindae
12-01-2007, 08:48 PM
I don't think they planned to release 4 waves in two months, but I'm sure once they get to the point that they go from drawing board to mold making it is too late to turn back. I'm sure we will see waves 7, 7.5, and 8 trickle in for the next few months.

Luuuuuuke
12-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Suggestion: Take the robe from a Hawkbat clone and put it on a yellow Evolutions AOTC clone trooper instead. Personally, I think the improvement is dramatic.

Sinscia Fat'o
12-03-2007, 01:45 PM
A few questions about this wave,

The Rodian whom i've never heard of, were's this character from? And what mold did they use to make him, is he VOTC Greedo?

The R2 unit also puzzles me were's he from? The movies, video game? I'm just a little lost on some of the choices they have thrown out here to us on this repaint wave.

Battle Droid
12-03-2007, 01:50 PM
They're both from TPM, and the Rodian uses the VOTC Greedo with a different vest.

Old Fossil
12-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Found this entire wave this morning, sans holo Vader. I bought R2-B1, the Rebel Vanguard Trooper, and the Hawkbat Battalion Clone. R2 was the one I wanted the most, but the one with the most personality has to be the Rebel. He looks tough beside the pasty ANH Rebel Fleet Troopers.

The Hawkbat clone is nice but I'm having trouble getting his helmet off without taking the head with it... a common problem among Ep.2 Clone figures with ball-jointed heads, I'm learning.

Luuuuuuke
12-03-2007, 04:24 PM
I don't like that the Hawkbat clones legs are kind of bowed. This is not the sleek AOTC clone from the Evolutions pack, or from the Legends series. Actually, it's probably the same mold, but for some reason, the limps are shaped different somehow and I can't tell whether it's the way it's packaged or what.

I immediatly took the robe from the Hawkbat clones and gave it to two yellow Evo clones. Way better looking. I'm going to keep doing that with every Hawkbat clone I buy, which should be just about a half dozen.

The 7th Legion clone looks pretty mediocre. He looks too much like the other brown designed clone that came out before, the Engineer or whatever it was called. What is up with those dots? Unfortunately, the color of the dots does not go well with the dots of those 3-clone ROTS pack clones that came out a year or so ago. The dots on the latter clones are darker.

The R2 unit is really cool. Probably my favorite of this wave.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-03-2007, 06:51 PM
For anyone that has found the Holo Vader, which mold is it based off of? The early pics show the Imperial Forces/Emperor's Wrath mold, but I thought it was going to be changed to a different one before it came out.

BountyHunterScum
12-03-2007, 07:05 PM
For anyone that has found the Holo Vader, which mold is it based off of? The early pics show the Imperial Forces/Emperor's Wrath mold, but I thought it was going to be changed to a different one before it came out.

It looks more like the Hoth Vader/Target Cup Vader mold.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-03-2007, 08:02 PM
A few questions about this wave,

The Rodian whom i've never heard of, were's this character from? And what mold did they use to make him, is he VOTC Greedo?

The R2 unit also puzzles me were's he from? The movies, video game? I'm just a little lost on some of the choices they have thrown out here to us on this repaint wave.

They're both from TPM, and the Rodian uses the VOTC Greedo with a different vest.
I hadn't heard of the Rodian before. He apparently worked for Mars Guo. R2-B1 was one of the droids that got blown up on the Queen's ship.

BanthaPoodoo
12-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Found all of these at a local WM last night. Only picked up Pax Bonkik, but they had two of everything else. No Hawkbat Battalion or Holo Vader. Figures.

jamesbondo07
12-05-2007, 10:25 PM
I found the wave at Target the other day. Found everything except the Clone Trooper (Hawkbat Battalion). I really like the R2-B1.

Old Fossil
12-06-2007, 08:48 AM
It looks more like the Hoth Vader/Target Cup Vader mold.

It's the old POTJ Emperor's Wrath Vader mold. I say this because I found the one I missed on the pegs from several days ago, and bought it yesterday, along with Pax Bonkik. Holo Vader is a very nice figure, possibly the best "holo" figure yet, IMO.

I know some folks are complaining about this wave being nothing but repaints, but I have to say I'm liking them all (sans the Naboo soldier, who I didn't get). They are all quite well done, even Pax, who will make a great addition to Jabba's gang of Mos Eisley thugs.:thumbsup:

Droid
12-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Is Pax Bonkik seen in the movie? Also, I know the EU and the back of the package talk about his brother. Is his brother seen in the movie? Is he wearing the same clothes as Pax? In other words, should I buy two of this figure?

BanthaPoodoo
12-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Is Pax Bonkik seen in the movie? Also, I know the EU and the back of the package talk about his brother. Is his brother seen in the movie? Is he wearing the same clothes as Pax? In other words, should I buy two of this figure?

Yes, IIRC, he is seen in the movie. During the race sequence with all the pod racers, right before they start racing. Either when they are getting them ready or when they were on the starting line.

Also, the backer card has on the back is a screen shot from the movie - evidence that he was indeed in the movie on screen.

Droid
12-06-2007, 12:14 PM
Yes, IIRC, he is seen in the movie. During the race sequence with all the pod racers, right before they start racing. Either when they are getting them ready or when they were on the starting line.

Also, the backer card has on the back is a screen shot from the movie - evidence that he was indeed in the movie on screen.

Thanks, but is his brother seen in the movie and is he wearing the same clothes? Do I need to buy two of this figure?

Old Fossil
12-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Pax has a more yellow hue on his snout, while Trax's is white. Pax comes with a holster and pistol, while Trax comes with a sonic wrench.

Droid
12-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Pax has a more yellow hue on his snout, while Trax's is white. Pax comes with a holster and pistol, while Trax comes with a sonic wrench.

Are they selling both as a carded figure?

Old Fossil
12-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Only kidding.lol Sorry.

Droid
12-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Sonic wrench really sounded like a Hasbro accessory!

BanthaPoodoo
12-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Thanks, but is his brother seen in the movie and is he wearing the same clothes? Do I need to buy two of this figure?

I wouldnt think so. The Star Wars databank doesnt even have Trax Bonkik listed as a character, just a small substory to Pax Bonkik.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-06-2007, 06:54 PM
I just checked the DVD and you can see them in the background when Qui-Gon puts Anakin into the pod. Then, when the engines start, you can see them run across the screen briefly. I didn't seem them anywhere else.

Droid
12-07-2007, 09:39 AM
I just checked the DVD and you can see them in the background when Qui-Gon puts Anakin into the pod. Then, when the engines start, you can see them run across the screen briefly. I didn't seem them anywhere else.

Wow do you have a good eye! I checked and they were BOTH right where you said they'd be. And they appear to be wearing the exact same outfit. So since I bought one to maybe be a scene filler I guess I should buy two!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-07-2007, 05:15 PM
I remember seeing one of the Bonkiks celebrating after Anakin wins the race ("I did it!") and the walking around in the hangar in the next scene.

Blue2th
12-07-2007, 05:48 PM
I wonder why this wave was called "Wave 7.5"?
I seem to remember it being called 7.5 when I first heard about it.
At EE they list it as Wave 8.

I know it is a repaint wave, and that someone over at RS got to help pick the figures (I think this worked out better than the Legends) maybe it was there I saw it referred to as 7.5

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Wave 8 (the AOTC wave) came out right after wave 7 (the ROTJ wave), and wave 7.5 (the repaint wave) came out after both of them. It is so called since the numbering system (on the coins and sides of the cards) places them between wave 7 and 8.

Blue2th
12-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm all mixed up then. I was looking for the AOTC Wave and all I can come up with is Wave 9 http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87500J#LargeImage

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-07-2007, 07:20 PM
Yup, originally the repaint wave was wave 8 and the ROTJ wave was wave 9, but they switched it around.

El Chuxter
12-08-2007, 01:14 AM
Pax Boknik was Wald's dad, and he drove young Greedo and Beedo to school every morning.

Blue2th
12-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Yup, originally the repaint wave was wave 8 and the ROTJ wave was wave 9, but they switched it around.
Hasbro answered the "conundrum" of the 7.5- 8 wave mix-up at Yakface Q&A http://cgi.denpetersen.com/YAK1/viewtopic.php?p=34791#34791

Blue2th
12-12-2007, 01:35 PM
I saw some of this wave at Target this morning (again no Clones or Holo Vader)
The cards weren't in that great of shape, and I already have the ones I saw arriving from HTS, which will be openers probably.

Anyways, I noticed that R2-B1 doesn't have a Chrome dome on him like the Episode 1 R2-B1, but rather a grey painted dome.

VidKidd
12-15-2007, 02:36 AM
...toys r us is staying open to midnight now, or at least tonight and saturday and i went in about 30 minutes before closing at my local store in Oxnard, Ca and lets say i scored. You guys should really check it out. who knows maybe youll come up on some missing figures you need. They had 2 cases of regular figures and like 4 cases of the comic 2 packs.
This is what i got.
1x #48 - Darth Vader - Holographic
2x- #49 - Clone Trooper - 7th Legion Trooper
1x - #50 - Clone Trooper - Hawkbat Battalion
2x - #51 - R2-B1
2x - #52 - Naboo Trooper
2x- #53 - Rebel Vanguard Trooper
2x- #54 - Pax Bonkik

1x UGH Darth Vader - ANH
1xUGH Biggs Darklighter - Pilot
1xUGH Boba Fett - McQuarrie Concept
and to top it off, i found a Darth Malak at my local Mervins tonight as well too. So to say the least im exstatic. I live in an area with, what seems, more scalpers than collectors. SO YAY! for me. :D
Oh and sorry if this isnt new for anyone but ive kinda been out of the collecting game sense CIV and im finally getting back into it so yeah. YAY!lol