PDA

View Full Version : Bored with....

stillakid
12-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Everybody gets bored with something. What are you bored with right now and what you like to do to that would change that?

1. Stillakid.... bored with - well, everything right now. Work, hobbies, "life"... looking for anything that will make life interesting again.

2. [name].... bored with - ______________

TeeEye7
12-01-2007, 03:50 AM
Everybody gets bored with something. What are you bored with right now and what you like to do to that would change that?

1. Stillakid.... bored with - well, everything right now. Work, hobbies, "life"... looking for anything that will make life interesting again.

2. TI7.... bored with - all the "blood and guts" cases I've worked in just the past couple of days. Sometimes, you just reach a limit dealing with man's inhumanity to man. To change it? I've got two weeks of work to go before I take a three week vacation for the holidays. That will be a great distraction that will re-charge my batteries and I'll be ready to get back to work and continue the fight. I like what I do, I just need to step away from it, sometimes.

General_Grievous
12-01-2007, 11:25 AM

2. TI7.... bored with - all the "blood and guts" cases I've worked in just the past couple of days. Sometimes, you just reach a limit dealing with man's inhumanity to man. To change it? I've got two weeks of work to go before I take a three week vacation for the holidays. That will be a great distraction that will re-charge my batteries and I'll be ready to get back to work and continue the fight. I like what I do, I just need to step away from it, sometimes.

3. G_G.... bored with - school. It's not that I don't like it, but it's nearing the end of the semester and I'm just dying for Christmas break. Only one more week and two final exams left and I'm done. But I do have two term papers due, so that doesn't make matters better.

JediTricks
12-02-2007, 03:27 PM
4. JT... bored with - talk of playsets. They're not gonna happen, and in retrospect, an overwhelming percentage of them always sucked. I'm tired of seeing this topic come up over and over. I'd like people to really think objectively about what has come before, how much the Attakus Death Star playset costs (not because they're greedy but because they're dedicated and it was very expensive to produce), the reality factors of today's toy buying market that are stacked against these things, and all the other issues up against this topic so they can finally let it go and move on.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-02-2007, 05:43 PM
1. Stillakid.... bored with - well, everything right now.
2. TI7.... bored with - all the "blood and guts" cases I've worked in just the past couple of days.
3. G_G.... bored with - school.
4. JT... bored with - talk of playsets.
5. B-CJ.... bored with - grading unimaginative student research projects. It's partially my own fault, since I assigned them, but the writing just isn't interesting. Not to mention that they're heavy (about 100 notebooks, full of two essays, hard copies of 5+ sources, source assessments, rough drafts, etc.) and bulky. On global and regional topics, not very well researched or analyzed, either. Ugh.

CaptainSolo1138
12-03-2007, 07:08 AM
CS1138...Bored with school. I screwed around a lot a few years ago (took a year off, took a couple light semesters) and now I'm paying for it. I don't really learn anything any more. I just go through the motions and take my A-/B+. I've only got two semesters left until I graduate (plus this semester's finals), but it feels like forever.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-03-2007, 08:06 AM
2. TI7.... bored with - all the "blood and guts" cases I've worked in just the past couple of days.
5. B-CJ.... bored with - grading unimaginative student research projects.
6. CS1138...Bored with school.
7.RG...Bored with - Work. With the prospect of opening a new store hanging around for the last year, and me moving out to the coast to open my own, things sure are slow moving. Its the SOS every day, which I like very much, but Ive been ready to advance for a long time. The only problem is I am as far as I can go without drastic changes. I welcome these changes, however, theres nothing I can do to move them along.

2-1B
12-03-2007, 08:02 PM
8. Caesar...bored with - the WGA strike. I miss The Office.

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-03-2007, 08:05 PM

Here here.....

2-1B
12-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Is that #9 ? :D

7.RG...Bored with - Work. With the prospect of opening a new store hanging around for the last year, and me moving out to the coast to open my own, things sure are slow moving. Its the SOS every day, which I like very much, but Ive been ready to advance for a long time. The only problem is I am as far as I can go without drastic changes. I welcome these changes, however, theres nothing I can do to move them along.
9. Rebo's Guitarist...Here Here
10. Bruce Springsteen...
I ain't nothing but tired
Man I'm just tired and bored with myself
Hey there baby, I could use just a little help
You can't start a fire
You can't start a fire without a spark
This gun's for hire
even if we're just Dancing in the Dark

DarthQuack
12-03-2007, 08:23 PM
10. Caesar...Bruce Springsteen...
11. Darth Quack - bored with the snowy weather already...

jedi master sal
12-05-2007, 08:30 AM
12. JMS: not making enough money; bored with work; living in an apartment when I can afford a modest house but the housing market is a pain in the arse if your credit isn't stellar so that your interest payments would be through the roof so you end up not being about to afford a house afterall; Credit industry as a whole; Asinine bosses who can't, or refuse to see that some of their employees can actually have a good idea; people who putz when getting ready for work in the morning constantly making us late-same said person who then stays late at work to make up the time thereby delaying when the pick me up from work so that I often have to be at my office an extra hour or more each day... Oh I've got so much more, but I better stop b!tcH!n right now.

Rocketboy
12-05-2007, 09:21 AM
13. I'm bored with Star Wars.
The figures suck. The books suck. The comics suck. The game looks boring. The show looks boring.
I haven't watched more than 10 minutes of a movie in a very long time (and that was when it was on HBO). The last time I threw a DVD in was on the 30th anniversary in May - and it was playing on the tv, but I think I only watched maybe 15 minutes of it.
I rarely venture in the toy threads and I'll look at the movie threads, but don't participate as much as other non-SW threads (mostly because of the constant pointless bashing by retards).

bobafrett
12-05-2007, 01:51 PM
12. JMS: not making enough money; bored with work; living in an apartment
14. I'm bored of work, it seems like almost every day I work at one job if not both jobs, 5 days at Wal-Mart, and 5 evenings at the pizza ria. I can't rest right now because I work retail, and since I work at least one of the jobs a day, it makes it hard to get stuff done around the house. For instance, I brought up the totes with Christmas supplies to decorate, and I have hardly even opened them because I lack the time to get to this project. It's like that with most of the other home tasks too.

Tycho
12-05-2007, 02:09 PM
CS1138...Bored with school. I screwed around a lot a few years ago (took a year off, took a couple light semesters) and now I'm paying for it. I don't really learn anything any more. I just go through the motions and take my A-/B+. I've only got two semesters left until I graduate (plus this semester's finals), but it feels like forever.

I totally relate to this.

I think I had trouble learning new things because I already knew everything.

Alright, generally I'd say something like that because in my own mind I'd think I was being funny, but I'm actually being serious here.

I would anticipate what my professors were going to say, what they were going to conclude, and all of that. I really enjoyed any opportunity to learn something new that I didn't know.

This is going to sound strange, but when I'd call for maintainance (like today I just had a new garbage disposal put in the kitchen) - I want to know how everything works, how it's put together, etc. I don't know this and I learn something new. The same guy who can install it knows something I am totally unfamiliar with.

I derive some sense of superiority that I can know more than most of my classmates in a political science or economics course and can engage the professor at their own level - and am often unimpressed with them. But I can't correct the hot water flow in my shower without help - likely from someone that knows nothing about economics or can even balance their own income and expenses.

Really, that's just people specializing. There are DOCTORS who I am politically smarter than, but you wouldn't want me performing your brain surgery.

What I've learned from this - AND ABOUT BOREDOM - is that we all tend to specialize in our interests and we eventually become complacent with them. For example, everyone here on this website is way overly familiar with Star Wars, but a lay person might find it fascinating if we discussed that Darth Plagueis has been suggested being the creator of Anakin Skywalker (while most of us have talked that point to death since 2005). So the SOLUTION is to learn something new.

Unfortunately, there are some very real social mobility blocks in the real world. This is not the land of unlimited opportunities in reality. NONE OF US here would probably qualify for the space program and be elligible for training to go up on a future shuttle mission. That's just the way it is. If we were totally free to do anything we wanted, someone here could start their training today and then go for it in a few years.

However, within reason, we can go back to school and change careers and so forth. The less responsibilities you have (no wife, kids, mortgage) the more free you are to switch things around. I've worked on my pilot's license for example.

Sometimes boredom is hard to handle though. Remember, if you just want to scream in digital, we have The Stupid Thread right here on SSG in the general forums and all you have to post is:

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH! (but feel free to use bold or colored text in giant font - it will feel better).

Jargo
12-06-2007, 07:20 AM
14. I'm bored of work, it seems like almost every day I work at one job if not both jobs, 5 days at Wal-Mart, and 5 evenings at the pizza ria. I can't rest right now because I work retail, and since I work at least one of the jobs a day, it makes it hard to get stuff done around the house. For instance, I brought up the totes with Christmas supplies to decorate, and I have hardly even opened them because I lack the time to get to this project. It's like that with most of the other home tasks too.
15. Mr. Daddypants - bored of the internet. bored of star wars. bored of being honest. bored of people too stupid to survive still being here still being bouyed up by society. bored of public outpourings of grief for someone no-one knew. bored of other peoples ambitions. bored of boredom.:cross-eye

jjreason
12-06-2007, 03:45 PM
16. Kung Fu. I'm bored of the same old Tiger style, praying mantis style, monkey style Kung Fu day after day, week after week, months after month.... :rolleyes:

Baaah, who am I kidding? I LOVE Kung Fu! Who could ever be bored of Kung Fu? :D

Ninjas on the other hand...... :upset:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-07-2007, 06:28 PM
13. Cappy: I'm bored with Star Wars.
14. bobafrett: I'm bored of work
15. MR. DADDYPANTS: a lot of things
16. jjreason: Kung fu (not really)
17. Mr. JabbaJohnL - I'm tired of all the prequel back-and-forth bull****. I am guilty of having done this in the past and will not do so anymore. This will be the last post I ever make on the subject here (I hope). I just realized I've been talking about them on here - some would say "defending" them - for, I guess, six years. And it never goes anywhere. I really don't care if other people don't like them. That's fine. I like them, and I know many other people do too. But I'm sick and tired of all the personal jabs (from both sides) that are quickly covered up with "What, me?" comments. I'm bored with all the high-and-mighty attitudes of many of the PT bashers, who ALWAYS act like they're smarter than everyone else simply because they don't like the prequels. I'm tired of the endless threads that turn into prequel bashings out of absolutely nothing. I'm tired of the endless flame wars. I'm tired of taking part in them. I'm tired of people coming here just to hate on movies and ruin other people's fun. I'm tired of coming here myself and reading what they say. I'm tired of trying to rationally explain my views and justify why I like these three ****ing movies. I'm tired of every single "joke" thread that's meant to bash on the prequels and people who like them. I'm tired of people who think that others only like the prequels since they're called "Star Wars" and couldn't possibly fathom that someone could actually like these movies on their own merits as well as part of the whole series and actually truly enjoy them. I'm tired of the whiny pussies who do all this kind of ****. I'm tired of being one of them.

Blue2th
12-07-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm bored with Classic Rock radio.
I don't even turn it on any more because I know I'll hear "Sweet Home Alabama" or "Sweet Emotion" or "Alright Now" .....Somebody shoot me.

scruffziller
12-08-2007, 06:06 PM
19. Scruff- Bored with my routine. But if I don't do it, I feel like I am wasting my time. Bored with not being good at what I like to do. Games, discussions, etc. It's boring because it gets to a point where you don't feel like you can improve at all and it is no longer a challenge but an impossible hurdle.

Bored with the activities that I do do because there is not enough time in the day to do them all to the capacity that I want to do them; so I don't commit a time to even start them in that capacity. God, I'm pathetic...:dis::Par:

Old Fossil
12-08-2007, 10:36 PM
20. Bored with current film, music, and literature. Everything I enjoy in those areas was cool, say, 20 years ago, or even farther back in time. I'm truly becoming my namesake here at SSG.:(

El Chuxter
12-08-2007, 10:57 PM
21. El Chuxter: bored with those little furry things that grow on cheese if you leave it out too long, and you've got to eat around them, and sometimes you accidentally eat one, and it makes you vomit for three days straight.

JediTricks
12-09-2007, 02:40 AM
I thought that was free antibiotics.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-09-2007, 09:50 AM
If they're red and green, then that's an early Christmas present (the ghost of present that is... visited by spirits to change your evil ways). Or it's "public domain" medicine. :D

7.RG...Bored with - Work.
13. Cappy: I'm bored with Star Wars.
14. bobafrett: I'm bored of work
15. MR. DADDYPANTS: a lot of things
16. jjreason: Kung fu (not really)
17. Mr. JabbaJohnL - I'm tired of all the prequel back-and-forth bull...
18. Blue2th ... bored with Classic Rock radio.
19. Scruff- Bored with my routine.
20. Old Fossil Bored with current film, music, and literature.
21. El Chuxter: bored with those little furry things that grow on cheese if you leave it out too long, and you've got to eat around them, and sometimes you accidentally eat one, and it makes you vomit for three days straight.