PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday, JabbaJohnL!

TeeEye7
12-01-2007, 03:43 AM
It's the big One-Eight! Adultdom is now at your feet!

You can vote, register for the draft, go to jail instead of juvenile hall....all sorts of swell things are now yours to enjoy! :cross-eye

All kidding aside, have a happy, memorable day! (Hopefully your folks will commemorate it in a cool way! :thumbsup:)

TI7

mabudonicus
12-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Ahhh senor, I do hope you have a safe yet awesome B-day. I'll be the first vynsaniac to attempt a referenced joke by saying that tho tou will get presents, I think you'l enjoy the reward you give yourself immensely too :D

And just think, now you won't be lying when you click on "Yes I am 18 or over" on certain sites :)

:beard: Iso & Baws

Kid must be double jointed at LEAST ;)

Slicker
12-01-2007, 09:06 AM
You grew up right before my eyes. *sniff* You're such a big boy.

Happy birthday, yo!

2-1B
12-01-2007, 10:32 AM
happy birthday, Sir !

General_Grievous
12-01-2007, 11:21 AM
(Insert random funny comment about finally being 18 years old here)

Happy birthday, JJL! :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
12-01-2007, 11:21 AM
In Spanish, you can now be referred to as "El JabbaJuan" now! (that's "habba-hwan" BTW)

Go buy a lottery ticket! (and perhaps sadly join those of us who seldom win... :( ).

UKWildcat
12-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Happy Birthday young'en! :)

pegger
12-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Happy B-day JJL!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Have fun voting and buying smokes (if you want to, that is)!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

jjreason
12-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Well done, Mr. JJ. Make sure you take some time out to "be your own best friend" on this special day. lol

2-1B
12-01-2007, 02:09 PM
It's his birthday JJ, not Valentine's Day. lol lol lol

(j/k, John :grin: )

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks, everyone!

You damn perverts! :D

EDIT: here's the haul:

*Target ARC-170
*ARC-170 Elite Squad Battle Pack
*Battle of Hoth Ultimate Battle Pack
*Fel/Hobbie Comic Pack
*Legends orange pauldron Sandtrooper
*General McQuarrie
*Wave 8 Destroyer Droid
*Stephen Colbert's I Am America (And So Can You!)
*Bender's Big Score
*Queen's self-titled debut CD
*Pink Floyd's The Wall CD (I've had a copy for a long time and wanted the real thing)
*The Beatles' Abbey Road CD (see above)

And The Making Of Star Wars, which is on order.

CaptainSolo1138
12-03-2007, 09:08 AM
Sorry about the belated greetings, JJL. Hope it was a blast!

Blue2th
12-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Happy Birthday JJ.
Too bad the drinking age isn't 18 anymore in Colorado like it used to be.

El Chuxter
12-08-2007, 01:42 AM
Happy late one.

I hope you didn't eat anything that disagreed with you. :dead:

TeeEye7
12-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Happy Birthday, JJL!

Last year as a teenager!

Enjoy the day! :whip:

TI7

CaptainSolo1138
12-01-2008, 05:36 AM
Well done, Mr. JJ. Make sure you take some time out to "be your own best friend" on this special day. lol
Word. Enjoy yourself, but not THAT much, John.

Happy birthday, partner.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Hooray! Thanks! So far I've gotten the Millennium Falcon book and a Pee-wee shirt that was way too big and will need to be exchanged. Pretty sweet otherwise though. :D

Jedi_Kal-El
12-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Have a Happy Birthday John. :thumbsup:

Tycho
12-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Happy Birthday JabbaJohnL!

I hope you have a great day and a bright new year.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Happy birthday, good sir! Hope it's a tasty one! :thumbsup:

bobafrett
12-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Happy Birthday young lad! When 43 years of age you reach, look as good you will not!

Blue2th
12-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Happy Birthday JJ.

Damn, you sure are a smart guy for being just a cub. :D

El Chuxter
12-01-2008, 05:54 PM
I hope you got to go to Weinershnitzel today. If not, you could always make a yummy hot dog in the privacy of your own dorm room.

UKWildcat
12-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Happy Birthday young'en! :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Thank you all! :D

jjreason
12-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Congrats, Mr. JJ. You're a year older and wiser - so don't go chugging whatever you put down your throat tonight, take your time & make it last. :thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Here's the haul:

*Republic Gunship (Lucky Lekku)
*Vader/Leia Infinities pack (what a stupid story)
*Commander Faie
*General Grievous (the big one)
*Ahsoka Tano
*Commander Cody
*Obi-Wan Kenobi and 212th Attack Battalion pack
*The Clone Wars 2-disc DVD
*Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 2-disc DVD (with Target book)
*Futurama: Bender's Game DVD
*Pink Floyd glass set
*David Gilmour: Live in Gdansk 3-disc CD/DVD set
*Millennium Falcon by James Luceno
*Pee-wee shirt (will be exchanged)
*$25

So, pretty good overall. Now it's time to make the Christmas list. :D

El Chuxter
12-02-2008, 10:12 AM
JabbaJohnL, on behalf of the previous generation, I'd like to show you all the beauty you possess inside, in order to give you a sense of pride to make it easier. Let your laughter remind us how we used to be. For I decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shadow; if I fail, if I succeed, at least I live as I believe. No matter what they take from me, they can't take away my dignity. For I have found the greatest love of all inside of me. Learning to love yourself: that is the greatest love of all.

And you should get that thing looked at by a professional. :p

(That boy good! And terrible!)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Happy belated birthday JJ.

I'm sure you have heard this from some other folk, but you have two more birthdays to look forward to. Then the rest of the time will be spent dreading them (or not, what do I know?).

TeeEye7
12-01-2009, 03:12 AM
Happy Birthday he of two decades!

Have a great day, John!

No more teenager! Let the count-down to official, full-blown adulthood to next year begin!

Darth Jax
12-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Happy Birthday JJL. hope this year's haul is great.

Tycho
12-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Yeah - what he said... :thumbsup:

JediTricks
12-01-2009, 01:49 PM
NO WAY! I can't believe you're 20 years old dude. Happy birthday John, you have now officially been with us THROUGH your teens!

Tycho
12-01-2009, 04:04 PM
John, you have now officially been with us THROUGH your teens!

That's really scary, isn't it?

John: you are ready to face The Trials.

You have debated Sith_Killer99 and MadSlantedPowers in the Rancor Pit.

Today you will learn that JediTricks has been keeping Derek and EmperorHowdy in a box. Now you will confront the Real Right-Wing Conservative Talking Points. Prepare to put the lipstick on the pitbulls!

Always remember The Mouse Droid will be with you.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks!

Tycho, I'm not sure I'll ever be ready for that! :p

Bel-Cam Jos
12-01-2009, 07:27 PM
I might just vote Cliegg as your gift... have more fun today than a one-legged moisture farmer on a hoverchair! :lipsrsealed:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-02-2009, 02:24 PM
you remind me of glenn beck. you're dumb and stupid and retarded and have stupid hair and have a fat chin and are dumb.
Thanks for that. ;)

Now, to the haul:
*Y-wing Bomber
*Dewback with Sandtrooper
*Captain Rex and Fives
*Geonosis Assault battle pack
*Ambush at Abregado battle pack
*Princess Leia (Jabba's Slave)
*Ewoks
*Nien Nunb
*Major Panno
*Giran
*Malakili
*Nikto Gunner
*Ugnaught (gray)
*The Clone Wars: The Complete Season One DVD
*The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes for PS2
*Queen Hot Space CD
*The Onion: Our Dumb World book
*Clint Eastwood movie collection (Dollars trilogy and Hang 'Em High)
*$25

So, yet another good one. And there's still a TON of SW stuff I should hopefully be getting for Christmas . . .

El Chuxter
12-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Jeez, man, someone in your family or circle of friends is loaded. :) Seriously, though, nice hauls--it'd be nice if anyone I knew would actually buy me toys. Everyone just assumes I have everything I could want.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-02-2009, 08:16 PM
That was from my parents (with the money from my grandpa); my friends and I usually don't get each other presents. As for the stuff itself, I keep a list of what I need (from the Hasbro line) and print it off for my mom since she goes to Walmart and Target at least once or twice a week, usually. Around this time of year, when I find stuff and I'm in a store with her, I just point it out and she gets it then and there to save it for my birthday or Christmas (there was actually so much stuff released this year that I've been buying quite a lot of stuff myself). Near-constant reminders help, too. :D

Tycho
12-02-2009, 08:16 PM
It's hard to buy SW for me because I hunt and shop myself. It's nice for me to just get money. You can be assured I'll spend it on Star Wars. :D

JabbaJohn: do you have a gift list? Do you purposely NOT buy things you put on your gift list? (like so you don't end up with duplicates of say Milakali?)

I think you got a wonderful haul.

Maybe I'll put YOUR parents on my gift list :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-02-2009, 09:34 PM
It's hard to buy SW for me because I hunt and shop myself. It's nice for me to just get money. You can be assured I'll spend it on Star Wars. :D

JabbaJohn: do you have a gift list? Do you purposely NOT buy things you put on your gift list? (like so you don't end up with duplicates of say Milakali?)

I think you got a wonderful haul.

Maybe I'll put YOUR parents on my gift list :D
Well, when I do make birthday or Christmas lists, I generally just write "Star Wars figures" and "Star Wars vehicles" and my mom will look at the other list. If I want something specific right at that time (like the Y-wing), I'll be sure to put that on there as well. Non-SW stuff goes on the gift lists as well.

I rarely end up with duplicates, but that did recently happen with the Coleman Trebor/Jango Fett set, since I found one at Target the same day my mom got another, but she didn't tell me as it was going to be a present. A few weeks ago, I bought quite a lot since I knew she didn't have any of it yet, then told her which items to check off on the list. But we can always return stuff if there are duplicates. Another little anecdote - I found two battle packs when I was at Target with her and my sisters a few days ago, and I bought one (Battle for Endor) and she bought one for Christmas (Gelagrub Patrol). She likes for there to be some surprises, but the duplicates issue makes that difficult sometimes.

And thanks, yeah, it was quite a nice haul, not just in terms of quantity but quality. Most of the ROTJ wave is superb. For instance, I thought for sure Giran didn't have articulated knees or ankles, but they're just hidden so well that it really took me by surprise. I'm now back at the dorms for the last few days of class and then finals, but I really want to be able to look at and fiddle with this stuff soon.

JimJamBonds
12-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Happy birthday Mr. JJL.

figrin bran
12-09-2009, 02:22 AM
That haul is most impressive!

Happy belated birthday JJL!

TeeEye7
12-01-2010, 03:05 AM
Happy Totally Official Adulthood Recognized In All Corners Of The Land Birthday, Sir!

21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21

El Chuxter
12-01-2010, 06:11 AM
I recommend the Cherry Wheat, if you can find it on the shelves. If not, the Winter Lager, or perhaps a Newcastle. Start your journey with Bud Lite, and your palate will regret it forever.

sith_killer_99
12-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Happy Totally Official Adulthood Recognized In All Corners Of The Land Birthday, Sir!

21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21 21

Yes, though some bars still have a 25 and older policy. :laugh:

Happy Birthday sir, you may now lawfully go out and buy a handgun.:thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
12-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Yes, though some bars still have a 25 and older policy. :laugh:

And some places will card if you look under 40!

Happy birthday JJL!

Tycho
12-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Happy Birthay Mr. Film Student.

If they make a movie about you, they'll now have to find someone older to play your part! :D

Stay young man! Sleep a lot and play with your toys!

JEDIpartner
12-01-2010, 11:07 AM
HappeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

...birthdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

:pleased:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks, guys! :D

Thanks for the recommendations, Chux. For those of you who don't know, I've actually never had any alcohol before. We'll see how that goes . . .

SK99, now the only barrier left is not being able to park in the senior citizen spaces. :p

Tycho, I need more sleep, but I'm always good on the second part! :D

DarkArtist
12-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Happy Birthday Jabba J many more.

sith_killer_99
12-01-2010, 06:08 PM
SK99, now the only barrier left is not being able to park in the senior citizen spaces. :p

Yeah, that's not a problem for me. :sad:

JediTricks
12-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Happy birthday, dude! Man, I cannot believe how long it's been, how you joined our community at 12.

As for booze, don't give in to peer pressure (being of legal age doesn't change that), be careful if you do drink, drink water to avoid hangover later, and remember that it tastes that way because it's bad for you - beer is nasty, it's bready water gone bad. :p Start with something classy, like champagne or brandy or wine.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Thanks, guys! :D

For those of you who don't know, I've actually never had any alcohol before. We'll see how that goes . . .

:DOn my 21st, a friend "demanded" I try something; so I had something orange colored, but I drank about 4 glasses of water to dilute it throughout the meal.

Happy YOUR 21st!

sith_killer_99
12-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Start with something classy, like champagne or brandy or wine.

Get the boxed wine, that's classy! :laugh:

UKWildcat
12-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Happy Birthday JJL! I hope, well... hell, I know it'll be a good one!!! :thumbsup:

Slicker
12-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Happy Birthday, John.

Don't listen to these guys. I personally like the taste of beer and it's just the thing to taste when you've had a rough day. I can respect if you don't even drink. If I recall correctly I don't think I even drank on my birthday...and it's on New Years Eve!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-04-2010, 02:05 AM
Thanks to the rest of ya!

Happy birthday, dude! Man, I cannot believe how long it's been, how you joined our community at 12.
Looks like I actually joined this one at 11, just shortly before I turned 12. But I remember going on SSG in late 1998, seeing TPM figures at age 8, and then being on the older forums for a while after that. So I've been around longer than anyone has any right to be. :p

On my actual birthday, I had two sips of beer at home; it was a 2 Below by New Belgium. It tasted like hell. It reminded me a lot of a weird fluoride toothpaste I used to have to use, and I hated that. I'll be making the alcohol rounds soon enough, I'm sure.

But what's a birthday thread without a haul? Here we go:

*The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Two DVDs
*Defense on Hoth set
*Obi-Wan and SBD Geonosis set
*Rodian Jedi and Battle Droid Geonosis set
*Anakin and Droideka Geonosis set
*TVC Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit)
*TVC R2-D2
*TVC Gamorrean Guard
*CW Boba Fett
*AT-RT with ARF Trooper Boil
*Hostage Crisis set
*Kit Fisto's Jedi Starfighter
*AT-AP
*Darth Maul Mark Ecko shirt
*Earth: The Book
*$25
*The Making of The Empire Strikes Back - sold out in stores here but coming soon from online

Snowtrooper
12-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Happy birthday JJL. Enjoy that 21st, you only get one.

JimJamBonds
12-04-2010, 09:47 AM
On my actual birthday, I had two sips of beer at home; it was a 2 Below by New Belgium. It tasted like hell. It reminded me a lot of a weird fluoride toothpaste I used to have to use, and I hated that. I'll be making the alcohol rounds soon enough, I'm sure.
Beer is an acquired taste for sure (that said, many people have acquired it:D), I don't know of anybody how with their initial taste of beer said "hey this is good, I want some more of this!" I've never had the 2 Below by New Belgium but I've liked everything of theirs that I have had.

Blue2th
12-04-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm old enough to remember at eighteen living next to the border, making special trips to Colorado to drink that 3.2 beer on the weekends when the drinking age was lower. Getting shnockered, barely making it home. Some didn't. My how times have changed.

Happy Birthday JJL, your knowledge and smarts are way beyond your years. Sometimes I forget I'm conversing with one so young.

DarthQuack
12-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Happy Belated JJL! Sorry I missed it, nice haul too!!

Tycho
12-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Wow. JabbaJohnL.!

Sounds like you had a great birthday! :thumbsup:

TeeEye7
12-01-2012, 02:05 AM
Happy birthday sir!

Tycho
12-01-2012, 03:21 AM
Happy Birthday to our new resident Star Wars expert!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Thanks! It was a really nice one.

Here's the haul again:
*Star Wars: The Ultimate Action Figure Collection by Steve Sansweet
*Star Wars and History book
*The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Four DVD set
*Naboo Fighter vehicle
*Speeder Bike with Biker Scout (my third one so far)
*TVC Emperor's Royal Guard
*TVC Lumat
*TVC Obi-Wan Kenobi (The Clone Wars)
*TVC Ahsoka
*TVC Naboo Pilot
*AT-AT wall decal (not yet arrived)
*Parks and Recreation Season Three DVD set
*American Graffiti on Blu-ray
*Aliens on Blu-ray
*blue-and-black striped shirt

JimJamBonds
12-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Happy (belated) birthday!

El Chuxter
12-03-2012, 09:46 PM
For your birthday, JJL, I'll let you kiss my butt.

JediTricks
12-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Belatedly so, Happy Birthday none the less JabbaJohn! That's a sweet haul you got there, especially that Naboo Fighter - I had forgotten it existed after giving up hope of seeing it - was it a surprise or something someone tracked down from your list?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Belatedly so, Happy Birthday none the less JabbaJohn! That's a sweet haul you got there, especially that Naboo Fighter - I had forgotten it existed after giving up hope of seeing it - was it a surprise or something someone tracked down from your list?
Thanks! I had helped my mom order the case from Entertainment Earth as it was unavailable everywhere else. I should be getting the green Fighter Tank for Christmas and I'll either sell or donate Anakin's Starfighter. It's a great ship, about the size of the original but with more play features and cockpit details. It's a shame that this didn't make it to US retail - I'd love to get a few more.

TeeEye7
12-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Happy Birthday your eminence!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Happy Birthday your eminence!

Thanks! It was a nice, low-key one. It was a little different having it the same weekend as Thanksgiving since that came so late this year, but I guess it was just a holiday double whammy. :D

For historical purposes, here's the haul, thanks to my family and girlfriend:

Star Wars stuff
*Slave I - Boba Fett's Spaceship (Amazon Exclusive)
*Droid Factory set (Amazon Exclusive)
*Battle of Geonosis: Jedi Knights (Sephjet Josall, Sarissa Jeng, Roan Shryne, Clone Commander Ponds)
*Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (2013 Class II TCW version)
*The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Five DVD
*The Book of Sith by Dan Wallace
*Build R2-D2 papercraft
*Episode I 3D playing cards
*A New Hope foreign poster shirt
*Boba Fett/Cloud City Empire Strikes Back shirt

Other stuff
*Breaking Bad: The Final Season Blu-ray
*Breaking Bad stained glass Heisenberg shirt
*Breaking Bad character montage shirt
*The Dark Knight Rises Blu-ray
*Paddle Your Own Canoe by Nick Offerman
*Arcade Fire - Reflektor CD
*dark blue plaid shirt
*$24 Toys R Us gift card
*$25

My girlfriend also got me two SW cards - one with Obi-Wan and audio that says "In my experience, there's no such thing as luck" (which I quote all too often) and another that says "You send my heart into hyperspace." :p

Tycho
12-02-2013, 03:12 PM
That's an awesome list JabbaJohn! Happy Birthday!

JimJamBonds
12-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Happy birthday!