PDA

View Full Version : Torture Rack Han Solo

Engineernerd
12-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah, some people love him, and some people hate him. There's been alot of web chatter on this figure. I thought I'd review him anyway. That way at least if you haven't bought him you can see the loose pictures and decide.

Check it out here:

TVFT Reviews (http://www.tvandfilmtoys.com/reviews/han_solo_torture_rack.asp)

Enjoy the torture!
Engineernerd

stillakid
12-02-2007, 02:56 PM
I do have two unanswered questions about this whole thing though.
1. How did Vader know Luke knew enough about the Force to sense his friends pain? Luke didn't gain that knowledge until after he started training with Yoda.
2. Why did Cloud City need a torture rack anyway?

1. Vader was guessing.

2. Devil's Advocate here, but maybe the "torture rack" wasn't really designed to be that. Looking at it, it's hard to guess what the original purpose of such a thing was in the first place, but maybe the "Empire" threw it together from spare parts at the last minute just to inflict pain on Solo.

We've known that Threepio's "pain" was caused by being blown into easily reassembled pieces. Chewie's "pain" was the loud piercing noise in the jail cell. And Han was electrocuted with that torture device.

But what was Leia's torture? Did she get bamboo up her fingernails? Did she learn the truth about her father... oops, that didn't come for another whole movie.

bigbarada
12-02-2007, 03:02 PM

Maybe it had to do with the "labor disputes of every kind" that Lando mentioned when Han and Leia first arrived. Those union negotiations can get pretty intense. :D

Engineernerd
12-02-2007, 04:57 PM
1. Vader was guessing.

2. Devil's Advocate here, but maybe the "torture rack" wasn't really designed to be that. Looking at it, it's hard to guess what the original purpose of such a thing was in the first place, but maybe the "Empire" threw it together from spare parts at the last minute just to inflict pain on Solo.

We've known that Threepio's "pain" was caused by being blown into easily reassembled pieces. Chewie's "pain" was the loud piercing noise in the jail cell. And Han was electrocuted with that torture device.

But what was Leia's torture? Did she get bamboo up her fingernails? Did she learn the truth about her father... oops, that didn't come for another whole movie.

Would 3PO's pain have been felt by Luke?

I'd never consdiered the Chewie thing before. Thanks for the insight. I figured they were doing it to keep the Wookie off guard.

I would assume Leia's pain was from watching Han suffer.

As for the rack being something else, what would it have been? However, the frame of the rack and the frame the radar dish cannon from Hoth share a similar basic shape.

Maybe, Barada's correct. Lando may have been doing some Soprano's type negotiating.

JediTricks
12-02-2007, 05:09 PM
Nice photos EN, you really presented the ugly in that figure. Granted, that's not hard to do, but most photos I've seen out there try to flatter it instead of bringing out how fugly this figure really is by itself.

TIE Pilot
12-03-2007, 01:48 PM

It's not a torture rack, it's called a "scan grid". It's main use is to analyze metals.

Vader just came up with the idea to use it to torture Solo.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Scan_grid

Engineernerd
12-03-2007, 08:04 PM
It's not a torture rack, it's called a "scan grid". It's main use is to analyze metals.

Vader just came up with the idea to use it to torture Solo.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Scan_grid

TIE Pilot, I bow down before your knowledge of Star Wars trivia. Thanks for letting us all know that!

JediTricks, Thanks for saying I take good ugly pictures. Huh, that just doesn't sound right. I might have to get a Spirit Anankin just to take the pictures. (Thanks again, I thrive on praise.)

TIE Pilot
12-06-2007, 06:54 PM
TIE Pilot, I bow down before your knowledge of Star Wars trivia. Thanks for letting us all know that!

My pleasure :-)

BTW, I ~really~ like your review site!! I check there often.

Sinscia Fat'o
12-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Great review and dead on to what the figure is and the ugly...and the good this piece represents, again great review!

jjreason
12-08-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm surprised they didn't add a dash of that nasty orange paint on to the figure's face and shirt to try and approximate the glow from the heaters in the movie. That would have been pretty sweet. :D

JediTricks
12-09-2007, 03:22 AM
With that figure's fugly punim, may as well have.

Engineernerd
12-09-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm surprised they didn't add a dash of that nasty orange paint on to the figure's face and shirt to try and approximate the glow from the heaters in the movie. That would have been pretty sweet. :D

I wish they had, cause I have the perfect name for that. Oompa Loompa Solo.