PDA

View Full Version : Vader's Secret Apprentice figure confirmed.

Battle Droid
12-04-2007, 05:48 PM
From, http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/toyfare/006564394.cfm

Do you know if hes getting an action figure from Hasbro?

WITWER: Hes getting at least one figure.

TheDarthVader
12-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Does anyone really care about this figure? I mean who is it? Is there any information about the secret apprentice? Let me guess, another figure not in the movies. yay.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Does anyone really care about this figure? I mean who is it? Is there any information about the secret apprentice? Let me guess, another figure not in the movies. yay.
He's the main character in The Force Unleashed, which has been hyped for quite some time now.

stillakid
12-04-2007, 07:13 PM
He's the main character in The Force Unleashed, which has been hyped for quite some time now.

What is "The Force Unleashed"? Never heard of it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-04-2007, 07:17 PM
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, or what, but it's the video game that takes place between ROTS and ANH. It's coming next spring (it was originally coming this fall) and has some new technology that makes the graphics more realistic and responsive, or something like that.

Hasbro has shown their wave of figures at nearly every major convention since last February's Toy Fair, I think.

decadentdave
12-04-2007, 07:21 PM

It's when we open up a can of whoop-*** for "infecting" us with PT bashing.:D

Sinscia Fat'o
12-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Wonder what announcement that is he was speaking of?
Also i wonder which figure the apprentice will be getting? Because there is two different variants of him in the WOTC minis game...I kinda hope for both but thats more than likely just me.

bigbarada
12-06-2007, 03:02 PM

It's the next great SOTE-style flop.

jedi master sal
12-06-2007, 04:30 PM

That might have been said about KOTOR figures, yet most people can't find a Malak or Revan to save their life. (Then again Nihlus is in the Sith Evolutions set-I don't think that set will do too well-eventually shelf warming, but we'll see)

I think the TFU line will do fine.

If the game is good and all reports seem to say that, then this subline will have some measure of success.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-06-2007, 04:36 PM
I thought the Clone Wars project was very similar to the SOTE deal, and that was extremely successful (Clone Wars, that is), so I wonder where this one will fall.

Sinscia Fat'o
12-06-2007, 04:51 PM
I think the Storm Troopers will appeal to kids greatly, as will majority of the Jedi in the line, but over all this line will have legs, but alot really rests in the hands of the game itself, if the game goes over big (which it should) then the toys (Mainly the figures) will be a hit as well.

And i to was one of those people who thought the Clone Wars would flop but the figures from that was rare...and heavily sought after and still are.

stillakid
12-07-2007, 01:23 AM
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, or what, but it's the video game that takes place between ROTS and ANH. It's coming next spring (it was originally coming this fall) and has some new technology that makes the graphics more realistic and responsive, or something like that.

Hasbro has shown their wave of figures at nearly every major convention since last February's Toy Fair, I think.

No, I wasn't being sarcastic. :)

Thank you for the explanation.

LTBasker
12-07-2007, 03:42 AM
So... is this supposed to have live-action scenes like Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, or was he there just to be scanned for CGI?

Tycho
12-07-2007, 07:54 PM
They're going to make a Donald Trump action figure?

Blue2th
12-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Yup, Darth Combover.

jedi master sal
12-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Yup, Darth Combover.

Shouldn't that be Darth Yur Fyerd! (Gotta have that special SW spelling, lol.)

Tycho
12-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah, but Darth Combover made me laugh out loud. Great one Blue2th.

That was funny!

Blue2th
12-08-2007, 12:24 AM
"The dark side of the force is a pathway to many ways of grooming that some would consider unnatural"

JediTricks
12-08-2007, 01:52 AM
So... is this supposed to have live-action scenes like Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, or was he there just to be scanned for CGI?Motion capture cgi characters. Probably for the best, it'll keep the characters fitting in with their settings better, and nothing's gonna top Jedi Knight for the actual cinematic scope of that game's live action.

El Chuxter
12-08-2007, 02:09 AM
What I want to know is when this doofus is getting a name. The game comes out in a couple of months, and everyone else has been named. It's not like this is some character we know already and there's a surprise involved.

JediTricks
12-08-2007, 03:14 AM
He may not have a name... uh, I don't know if this is accurate or a spoiler, but I'll treat it as such:

*SPOILER!*

=== I am pretty sure that since Vader raises him from a pup, Vader doesn't bother to give him a name since he's raising him to be a pitbull, not a person. ===

BTW, how can anybody be surprised that there's gonna be an action figure of the star of the friggin' game?

DarkArtist
12-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Can't wait to see this figure. wonder which version it is going to be though, the evil version or the good version.

Sinscia Fat'o
12-09-2007, 03:35 PM
Can't wait to see this figure. wonder which version it is going to be though, the evil version or the good version.

I think they'll find some sort of even ground with this guy. Maybe a running change or varient eddition? Which would be cool. Though they keep saying new years will bring in a big surprise....I still can't wrap my mind around that.

JediTricks
12-12-2007, 12:34 AM
They said they weren't doing any running changes with the FU figures.

Jangu Fett
12-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Actually I think it has been confirmed that Vaders Apprentice will have a actual name. Lucasarts, has said that he will not be a namable charater like the playable characters from the KOTOR games. I think Hasbro doesn't want his true name leaked so far before the games release date.

And if we're getting a novel based on the game, I'd think he'd have to be named. I don't think "Vaders Aprentice said", "replies Vaders Apprentice" or " Vaders Apprentice etc" would work to well.

I geeked about this line for the seen figures, as well as the Rogue Shadow, being made. Although I'm upset it's going to be a exclusive, like the Rancor with Rider.

Sinscia Fat'o
12-13-2007, 06:10 PM
sucks they wont do different changes with some of the figures like the apprentice. Maybe a repaint next year in 09...nine times out of ten.

I think they said the apprentice has a name we've heard before as well...though i'll believe that when i see or hear his name.

Jangu Fett
12-13-2007, 07:40 PM
I remember hearing something like that awhile ago. I also heard, that he was a completely new, original charater. Me personally, hope he's a original, and not just a remake of someone else. I'll be pretty upset if it turns out he's actually Brakiss, Streen, or anyone else from the first students at Luke's Jedi Academy.

Sinscia Fat'o
12-13-2007, 07:53 PM
I remember hearing something like that awhile ago. I also heard, that he was a completely new, original charater. Me personally, hope he's a original, and not just a remake of someone else. I'll be pretty upset if it turns out he's actually Brakiss, Streen, or anyone else from the first students at Luke's Jedi Academy.

Streen would work out as far as age goes, but Brackiss would make a lot of sense in the grand scheme of the young jedi knight books.