PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone found the Walmart cantina sets yet?

Droid
12-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Has anyone found the two Walmart cantina Galactic Heroes exclusives yet? I'm not sure if I should be looking for them or not.

Kidhuman
12-07-2007, 05:50 PM
I havent seen them yet, but am awaiting them. Hope they arent as disappointing as the Jabba set.

pkalan70
12-07-2007, 05:50 PM
check out the spotter thread

but no, not yet in chicago

pkalan70
12-07-2007, 05:51 PM
the jabba set was awesome
too bad no sal b crumb

Droid
12-07-2007, 07:53 PM
I havent seen them yet, but am awaiting them. Hope they arent as disappointing as the Jabba set.

I liked the Jabba set; why didn't you?

Kidhuman
12-07-2007, 09:31 PM
If you see the Jabba thread its all in there

Battle Droid
12-08-2007, 02:43 PM
From, http://www.bobasbounty.net/

1. We haven't seen any reports of the Galactic Heroes Cantina Sets hitting Walmart yet. Are these still scheduled and will they hit retail before Christmas?

Hasbro - Yes, they were delayed while Wal-Mart looked for the right window to get them into the store. They shoudl be hitting stores anytime now...certainly before the end of the year.

Ham Salad
12-11-2007, 05:28 PM
These are starting to hit. Posters on Rebelscum have reported finding them, and there are some auctions on eBay located on the east coast.

Thunderbird
12-11-2007, 10:43 PM
I saw both set today, and they had ALOT of them.

skystreak
12-11-2007, 11:39 PM
Looks like I'll be heading to Wally first thing in the morning.

skystreak
12-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Went to 2 Walmarts this morning, no GH Cinema Scenes. Heading to another one (maybe two....) this afternoon.

skystreak
12-12-2007, 03:18 PM
*sigh*

Went to three more Walmarts, and still no luck.

One more to check tomorrow.....

Ham Salad
12-12-2007, 03:25 PM
I went to my WalMart last night, and got excited when I saw a case marked 3 3/4" Jabbas Band Scene Pack. Yay!

Then I realized that they weren't Galactic Heroes. Boo!

skystreak
12-12-2007, 04:21 PM
I went to my WalMart last night, and got excited when I saw a case marked 3 3/4" Jabbas Band Scene Pack. Yay!

Then I realized that they weren't Galactic Heroes. Boo!

The Jabba scene is the Target exclusive. Walmart gets the Cantinas.

My hope is that I get the Cantinas.....

Thunderbird
12-12-2007, 10:10 PM
I went back today and they still had plenty of these available. It looks like maybe they sold two or three sets.

skystreak
12-12-2007, 10:19 PM
I went back today and they still had plenty of these available. It looks like maybe they sold two or three sets.

Maybe they haven't made it to Wallies on the East Coast yet?

I'll keep looking.

Ham Salad
12-12-2007, 10:46 PM
The Jabba scene is the Target exclusive. Walmart gets the Cantinas.

Oh, I know that. I already have the GH Jabba set. The cases I saw were the new WalMart exclusive Jabba's Band packs with the repacked POTF2 Max Rebo Band pairs, Rappertunie and Jabba's Dancers. I simply mistook the cases for the Galactic Heroes sets and got excited for nothing.

skystreak
12-13-2007, 02:22 PM
:DGot them! Woo hoo!

waboritas
12-17-2007, 08:58 PM
I got them at the Walmart in Lynn, MA on Saturday they had two of each. Were on the bottom shelf and missed them at first. Still haven't seen the Target Jabba or X-Wing sets yet...

skystreak
12-18-2007, 03:47 AM
I got them at the Walmart in Lynn, MA on Saturday they had two of each. Were on the bottom shelf and missed them at first. Still haven't seen the Target Jabba or X-Wing sets yet...

Have you tried using the DCPI at Target? I was stunned how willing they were to retrieve the item from out back. This was at Target in Abington, MA. So it's not far from you.

JediTricks
12-20-2007, 05:22 AM
WM in West Hills had a bunch of these, but more of the one that didn't light up and play music, big surprise.

darth_robb
12-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Found mine in Simi Valley, California. That was a week ago already, so don't know what if anything is left with all the mad shoppers out there right now.

jamesbondo07
12-20-2007, 11:13 PM
My brother picked the set up for me the other day. I like this set having a lot of the Cantina aliens.

Kidhuman
12-21-2007, 04:16 PM
I was in 2 WM's today and neither one had the Cantina sets. Grrrrrrrrrrr.....

Ji'dai
12-21-2007, 05:12 PM
WM in West Hills had a bunch of these, but more of the one that didn't light up and play music, big surprise. There are sets that light up and play music?

I saw the 2 Cantina sets yesterday at WM for the first time. They had a bunch of them on one side of a four-sided shelving unit out in the main aisle by toys.

The 2 WMs here have been getting in an absolute ton of GH 2-packs in the last week or so. They've completely taken over the Transformers section. Still haven't seen the Jabba though.

JediTricks
12-24-2007, 05:03 AM
Yeah, the set with the band plays the cantina tune and the back part has a blue LED which lights up behind the band, it looks pretty nifty actually. The set has a try-me button right up front.

bigbarada
02-12-2008, 06:44 PM
I haven't seen any of these sets at my local Wal-Mart. I actually just ordered the one with the Cantina Band off of Ebay. The four other band members, repainted Hammerhead and Bannis Keeg were enough for this set to be a "must buy" for me. Only the Blue Snags and Wuher interest me from the other set and that's not enough for me to buy the whole thing. I can live without those two and, if I decide that I MUST buy them, then I can just get them individually off of Ebay for much cheaper.

Anyways, having the completed Cantina Band is awesome! And the repainted Hammerhead is a HUGE improvement over the E.T. figure they tried to pass off as Hammerhead last year.

Bannis Keeg is alright, I just wish he was more than a straight repaint of Ellors Madak. They look a little silly standing side by side.

fightattack
02-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Wait a sec

the Cantina band GH set plays music?

Or are you talking about a seperate cantina band set that does?

I don't recall there being anything else in the packaging that I could see besides the figures . . . but then, I haven't opened them . . .

skystreak
02-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Wait a sec

I don't recall there being anything else in the packaging that I could see besides the figures . . . but then, I haven't opened them . . .

There is a little hole in the front of the one with the Cantina Band members that has an arrow pointing to it.

Reach in.

Press button.

Dance!

shortcat
02-14-2008, 09:11 PM
With the exception of the Toys R Us sets, I haven't seen any of these since Christmas.

JediTricks
02-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Wait a sec

Yes, the Cantina Band set has lights and the music.

El Chuxter
02-18-2008, 11:16 PM
I actually saw a few of these, along with some Rebo Band sets and (egad!) Modal Nodes Tin Sets at an out-of-the-way Wal-Mart today.

fightattack
02-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Found the light/sound button on the Cantina Band stage.
Made my night.
:D

amrcanpoet
03-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Not sure if you guys are still looking for them, but they have both sets in-stock at Walmart.com, and you can ship-to-store for free, and pick it up in a couple of days.

I did that with the Millennium Falcon set, both cantinas, and both of the WM exclusive comic-packs. Hope that helps!