PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Master Points

dr_evazan22
02-11-2002, 10:57 AM
I have been saving the Jedi Master Points AND my receipts since they first showed up on the figures in the late '90's and I just have to ask-
What Are They For?
Why isn't there some really cool mail away figure that they would be good for?
If anyone out there reading this has some insight, please share your wisdom!

Lord Tenebrous
02-11-2002, 11:20 AM
When you collect 24,000,040 points, George Lucas comes to your house and sentences you to death. You spend two weeks standing, tied to a tree and covered in dust and bird poop, until Samuel L. Jackson comes and rescues you, right after he's done kicking your... ;)

There was one Australian promotional with them, but I think since so many Ep1 toys ended up sitting in clearance bins, the idea was dropped so that Hasbro could try to keep its money, not continue losing it.

Rollo Tomassi
02-11-2002, 05:19 PM
WHAT?!? Now they raised it another 40 points???:mad: :mad: :mad: Screw this...who wants the 24,000,000 points I've collected so far?:mad: :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
02-11-2002, 07:29 PM
No, you have to find the GOLD Jedi Master Points. Then you send 10 of THOSE in for a chance to enter a drawing to see if you qualify to enter a drawing for a scratch-off card to see if you win an entry form for ANOTHER drawing for an E1 Jar Jar Binks action figure.

Anyone remember that dumb Martha Stewart American Express commercial where she uses her old cut up credit cards as tile for her in-ground pool? Well, I have created a mosaic of the old Kenner "We Really Do Care" customer service sheets. ;)

I used to go to Dave and Buster's (a Chuck E. Cheese type place for adults: bar, pool tables, virtual reality, midway games, etc.) and I collected a ton of tickets to get one of those Don Post Darth Vader helmets. Well, they got rid of that, but they got in some of the busts of Greedo or Emperor. You guessed it, none of them now, either. So I'm awaiting AOTC so I can try for ANOTHER Star Wars item that'll be gone! :mad: :D

dr_evazan22
02-11-2002, 08:08 PM
Ya know, that stinks about the E1 Jar Jar! I already have that one; the figure I REALLY need is the Darth MAul on Speederbike thats currently 1.99 at TRU!

chewie
02-11-2002, 09:47 PM
That'd be pretty sweet to be sentenced to death by George Lucas.

GNT
02-12-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
There was one Australian promotional with them, but I think since so many Ep1 toys ended up sitting in clearance bins, the idea was dropped so that Hasbro could try to keep its money, not continue losing it.

We had a Jedi Points promotion here in Australia,I got of stuff for nothing,I hope we have it again :)

SithDroid
02-13-2002, 03:29 PM
Hey Rollo I'll take your points.:D

Bel-Cam Jos LOL.

I'd like to use my Jedi Master Points for something. Hey, free figures is always a plus.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-13-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by chewie
That'd be pretty sweet to be sentenced to death by George Lucas.

Only if he signs a Certificate of Authenticity first! :greedy: :) :dead:

We've covered this many times before. I'd take ANYTHING free at this point, even a rub-on transfer of Malakili (well, then again...). :o

PloKoon2385
02-13-2002, 07:36 PM
We need the receipts!? I didn't keep any of those! Did you need the receipts GNT? What kind of stuff did you get GNT?:confused:

Sidiously Darth
02-13-2002, 08:04 PM
Even if you kept the receipts, they would probably require ones with certain dates on them.

I remember the vintage mail-away offers never required a receipt.

Lord Tenebrous
02-13-2002, 08:40 PM
A receipt would only show Hasbro how much money they're losing at retail. You can get 50 JMP at TRU for $10 from the Ep1 figures, and in someplaces, almost the same ratio for POTJ.

I would just like a previously released army builder to be offered, with a limit of two per household. The figure would be changed every quarter.

Turbowars
02-13-2002, 09:08 PM
The points were nothing more than a way for hasbro to make $$$$ The fourty big wings around the huge log licking table at Hasbro came up with this gimmick so that we would buy more thinking we would get something for free. Don't worry Hasbro I wouldn't dare cut those points off my cards. Man collecting StarWars is fun!! :crazed:

Wolfwood319
02-13-2002, 09:20 PM
I used to save all the points off the backs of my POTJ figs and vehicles. They were in this old cigar box I kept in my nightstand. When I recently moved, I threw out the points, I figured they'd have done something by now.

Honestly though, what kind of freebie from Hasbro would actually be good? A free POTF2 Rancor Keeper that have been stockpiling in a Hasbro warehouse?

SithDroid
02-13-2002, 11:59 PM
Yeah. I have been hanging onto my receipts for my SW stuff forever and am about to throw them away. Perhaps we can use the points for the Preview figures just like the EP I Mace Preview figure.

GNT
02-14-2002, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
We need the receipts!? I didn't keep any of those! Did you need the receipts GNT? What kind of stuff did you get GNT?:confused:

One thing first,NO RECEIPTS NEEDED,I wont go into much details(This is like the 12/13 time I've posted this)

Keep in mind we here in Australia didn't get anything after the Panaka wave(too much pegwarmers)

Anyway you get three posters (different levels just like here on the boards)you must complete the questions on the back of the poster and you had to send the required no. of points plus AU$5(Just under US$2.50) for shipping,not bad!

You get a Jedi Card and you had to place the 3 level stickers onto the card.

We got :

The Jedi Braid Set
Keychain
EP1 Buddy
Obi Wan with scout Sub
EP1 puzzle

Well thats all I can remember from my memory,It wasn't a bad deal as we only had to pay for the shipping which isnt much,and we got all that stuff,I had some pictures of the posters and that I'll see if I can find them!

GNT
02-14-2002, 03:08 AM
I finally found the pictures I sent into SSG,the first one is of the Jedi card,front and back and the sticker your meant to put on the card

I have a bad scanner so thats why the picture is well not that great ;)

GNT
02-14-2002, 03:11 AM
The 2nd picture is of one of the posters and the puzzle we got :)