PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Love Hewitt

Tycho
12-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Today I felt a bit let down by life. In the grocery store, I was lured into looking at recent photos of an old celebrity crush of mine - namely Jennifer Love Hewitt.

She is the victim of "fat pictures" and a campaign against her creatively called, "I Know What You Ate Last Summer." The title in itself is too funny, though one really shouldn't laugh at someone else's hurt feelings. She still has a very pretty face as she's shown on the beach with no makeup and still looks good from the neck up. The backside shot - not so nice any more. She's 28 the article says. She went downhill a bit young I'd say.

Reading the article, she suggests that she doesn't have time to work out when she's filming and she's exhausted when she's done with her work. You can find sympathy for her as she's not Lindsey, Britney, or Paris and out there being obnoxious on alcohol and drugs. At the same time, she's losing her appeal to me and that's sad as she was always on my Top 10 list or so for many years past. I'm feeling a loss while she's feeling her gain.

She also notes with accuracy that her chest is starting to sag a bit. That is like a loss of two of our national treasures.

I guess I've put a lot of thought into this today.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-08-2007, 10:39 PM
She looks all right on Ghost Whisperer. They were discussing these pictures on O'Reilly's show, talking about how she fought back. I just checked her website and she had something there from a People.com article.

"Like all women out there should, I love my body," Hewitt, 28, wrote on her blog after photos of her in a bikini hit the Web. "I know what I look like, and so do my friends and family."

Hewitt, who has modeled for Hanes, explains, "I've sat by in silence for a long time now about the way women's bodies are constantly scrutinized. To set the record straight, I'm not upset for me, but for all of the girls out there that are struggling with their body image."

She adds, "A size 2 is not fat! Nor will it ever be. And being a size 0 doesn't make you beautiful. To all girls with butts, boobs, hips and a waist, put on a bikini put it on and stay strong."

El Chuxter
12-08-2007, 11:54 PM
I've never liked her, since she always seems like the annoying girl from a Massengill commercial who would ask her mom about feeling, you know, not so fresh. And she can't act. But she is hardly unattractive. And I get sick of women being called fat when they're not. The media continuously says that there should be positive role models for girls so they don't get eating disorders, then goes on a rampage if an actress or female singer can't easily hide behind a flagpole.

TeeEye7
12-09-2007, 04:06 AM
Josh:

It's a cruel trick known as aging. :cry:

2-1B
12-09-2007, 04:44 AM
I guess I've put a lot of thought into this today.

Much too much.

jjreason
12-09-2007, 05:05 AM
The shots weren't flattering, no doubt about it - but that's not the evil part. The evil part is that people can't wait to spend $2.99 at the grocery checkout to look at these types of pictures and read the cruelty.

North American society is on the fast track to hell when this is how we choose to spend our money and time. Absolutely pathetic.

Tycho
12-09-2007, 05:16 AM
I can't believe people spend money on those magazines either. I look at them in the check-out lines (my favorite is the Weekly World News thouigh - space babies, rumors that Jerry Springer is an extra-terrestrial, etc.) or they are lying there at Supercuts while I'm waiting to get my hair trimmed. But I won't buy them. You don't have to in order to flip through them while you have to stand there.

Some people actually collect them, though. But they'd scoff at us getting SW figures. :rolleyes:

Mad Slanted Powers
12-09-2007, 02:07 PM
I thought I heard that Weekly World News shut down. That was always the funniest one. I recall seeing some of the stories in there like, "Woman separates siamese twins with kitchen knife." There was also the guy who literally laughed his head off, sort of. He was playing poker with some friends and had been losing, but when his luck turned, he laughed so hard at his good fortune that his head split open. Apparently he had some head injury or congenital defect as a child, and I guess he laughed so hard it reopened the wound.

I certainly wouldn't buy any of those Enquirer-like magazines, or some of those other "Entertainment" magazines like Us that are mostly paparazzi rags. At least People magazine has some actual stories in it, but they aren't much better.

2-1B
12-09-2007, 05:22 PM
I can't believe people spend money on those magazines either. I look at them in the check-out lines (my favorite is the Weekly World News thouigh - space babies, rumors that Jerry Springer is an extra-terrestrial, etc.) or they are lying there at Supercuts while I'm waiting to get my hair trimmed. But I won't buy them. You don't have to in order to flip through them while you have to stand there.

Some people actually collect them, though. But they'd scoff at us getting SW figures. :rolleyes:

I don't want to put words in JJ's mouth (well, post :D ) so he can correct me if I am mistaken...but Tycho I don't think the point of his post was that it's literally a problem of people "paying" for it - that's just symptomatic of the underlying interest in people who care about this stuff so much.

Kinda like starting a post on SSG about it to voice one's disappointment over Love's apparent downward slide in hotness. ;)

BountyHunterScum
12-10-2007, 09:29 AM
The shots weren't flattering, no doubt about it - but that's not the evil part. The evil part is that people can't wait to spend $2.99 at the grocery checkout to look at these types of pictures and read the cruelty.

North American society is on the fast track to hell when this is how we choose to spend our money and time. Absolutely pathetic.

We passed fast track a long time ago now we are in the warp speed route to hell. Some americans idolize the biggest pieces of crap like mobsters, steriod taking lying baseball players, dog murdering nfl players and high school drop out rappers. I for one never idolized any of these losers but I'm smart so therefore am immune to stupidity. Politically Correct is also an evil that has to be gotten rid of asap, it's stuff like pc that promotes crime and other undesirable stuff.

stillakid
12-10-2007, 11:04 AM
A few issues brought up here to discuss.

The first having to do with weight, health, and image. While it is true that many people have an unreasonable fixation on how they look, it is also true that far too many are indeed overweight and unhealthy. Simply proclaiming that one should be "proud" of him or herself no matter how one looks is a way to rationalize the road to being unhealthy. It is possible to not be "fat" yet be unhealthy...too fat or too thin are just different ends of the spectrum. While someone like Hewitt may indeed not be "fat" by many standards, judging from the pictures, she is on that road and many people are in the same situation. The question for everyone becomes, how "fat" and unhealthy does one have to become before he or she admits it and chooses to do something about it? Does someone have to become morbidly obese before it is okay to admit that, yes, "I am fat"? Or should someone see the subtle (or not so subtle) signs, like photos or the bathroom scale going up steadily, and make the choice to fix the problem before it gets out of hand?

The other issue is the concept of idolization in our society. People do have an unhealthy fixation on the rich, famous, and powerful and the reasons for that likely stem from boredom with their own "humdrum" routines. Seeing someone else achieve "greatness" in any way is an escape. Things like books and movies are one method, but they are fictional. With "real" superstars, be they in entertainment or sports or politics, the "drama" is also real and "normal" folks can revel in another's success or failure. "Normal" people are generally too cautious to take large risks that could catapult them to that level, so they live vicariously through the reality that others choose or have thrust upon them. So when Lindsay Lohan self destructs or Barry Bonds breaks a record in a dubious manner or someone wins a Nobel Prize, people are fascinated because, for good or bad, those are "achievements" that ordinary "normal" folks will never have for themselves. Does it make it "wrong" then to pay attention to those kinds of people and even idolize them? Not necessarily. For most people, reading the "rags" and talking about the famous and infamous is nothing more than an escape from their own 9-5 existence. Arguably, such idolization becomes negative if someone is emulated for all the wrong reasons. But having said that, we never hear the same sort of criticism when the media promotes those who inspire, yet it is the same kind of escape and idolization...holding others up to a standard that most "normal" people don't have the courage to strive for themselves.

El Chuxter
12-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Overweight does not necessarily mean unhealthy, though. Obesity is not a good thing, but having five or ten pounds over the "target weight" isn't going to kill anyone.

I may be naive, but I think the best way to deal with the obesity epidemic is to stop raising kids who are conditioned from birth to sit in front of a TV. There are a lot of kids living in my neighborhood, but I practically never see them outside.

stillakid
12-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Overweight does not necessarily mean unhealthy, though. Obesity is not a good thing, but having five or ten pounds over the "target weight" isn't going to kill anyone.
Of course not, however why should the threat of "death" be the only incentive to be at someone's "target" weight?

I may be naive, but I think the best way to deal with the obesity epidemic is to stop raising kids who are conditioned from birth to sit in front of a TV. There are a lot of kids living in my neighborhood, but I practically never see them outside.
And it isn't just about being "obese." Again, why should it take being "obese" for a person to be motivated to get up and exercise? You more or less allude to that in this second statement. Yes, there are a lot of kids and adults who spend too much time being idle in a lot of different ways. There are other factors too of course, such as relatively unhealthy fast food and sugared sodas. That said, I'm sure that a lot of the kids you are not seeing would be considered to be in that "five to ten pounds over the target weight" group, therefore they (with the consent of their parents and others in society) don't see a problem therefore they continue to eat the way they do and sit around when they should be running around outside.

See, the problem of obesity begins with the nonchalant attitude that a little weight won't hurt anything. Teach that directly or indirectly to kids for long enough and over time, we have generations of overweight and unhealthy adults who teach the same bad habits and attitudes to their own kids. It shouldn't take being 50 lbs overweight for anyone (kids and adults) to recognize that they should eat better and exercise more. Letting everyone off the hook at 10 lbs and less isn't necessarily beneficial for anyone.

El Chuxter
12-10-2007, 12:39 PM
No, obesity (barring medical reasons) is usually a result of inactivity. The most common causes of physical inactivity in our society are jobs that require a lot of sitting (which not much can be done about) and sitting in front of the TV. Therefore, if you raise kids to sit in front of the television all day, whether watching or playing videogames, they're less likely to engage in physical activity later in life. That's why I say that kids shouldn't just be put in front of the TV; there's less likelihood of obesity in the long run as well as the short. It's not helpful, either, that they see so many ads for junk food when they watch TV, but at least that is supposed to be toned down under the new laws. Whether they prove to be effective, or whether the corporations do what they do best and find loopholes, remains to be seen.

A large part of the problem with diet revolves around convenience, which goes back to laziness. I'm not saying laziness is always a bad thing, but more people eat more meals at restaurants or using heat-and-serve dishes at home. It's much less healthy than preparing your own food, mainly because you have more control over the ingredients. And, believe it or not, it's not really that much easier or quicker. Sure, if you want mashed potatoes, you might have to peel your potatoes first and then mash them after cooking rather than adding a powder to water or stopping by KFC on the way home, but that's what? Maybe two minutes. Oh, and these supposedly "healthier" alternatives, like margarine or artificial sweetener? Usually worse for you than the real thing, and without any of the nutrients.

As for "a little weight won't hurt anything," it's not entirely true, but not entirely false, either. Target weights are based on height and are figured upon an average ideal. They don't take into account a lot of factors--some people have more bone mass, some have faster metabolisms, and muscle mass is about twice as dense as fat. I forget the exact range, but studies have shown many times that a few pounds over the average is not a health risk in and of itself. It may be caused by things like an unhealthy consumption of fast food, which could be causing all sorts of problems for other reasons.

The point is, people should strive for numbers close to what the "ideal" is. But if someone's 5-10 pounds over, they shouldn't be scheduling the funeral just yet. Someone who engages in no activity and stays at the ideal weight because they don't eat enough is probably at more risk.

JON9000
12-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Being that JLH is still in the 90th percentile for sveltness in her age range, it is funny how people who couldn't touch her then or now are calling her fat or expressing disappointment that she is no longer an 18-year-old with a high school body. I would guess that most of us are not the proud owners of six-packs, so I'm not sure from where all of the high-and-mighty talk is coming. Sounds like schadenfreude, a fairly ugly way of thinking, and makes you one of what the "drop-out rappers" call "haters".

On obesity, it is a major health concern and I thank heavens every day I am not a Mountain Dew and Fast Food junkie, because let's face it, therein lies the problem. Hit the gym, go to Whole Foods, and learn to cook. 'nuff said, I'm just not sure how we got from a few unflattering pictures of an average 28-year-old female body to "morbid obesity".

stillakid
12-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure from where all of the high-and-mighty talk is coming.
Does one have to be a member to speak about ideals? If that were true, then how could we ever achieve anything that currently eludes us, like freedom, economic responsibility, and even weight management?

On obesity, it is a major health concern and I thank heavens every day I am not a Mountain Dew and Fast Food junkie, because let's face it, therein lies the problem. Hit the gym, go to Whole Foods, and learn to cook. 'nuff said, I'm just not sure how we got from a few unflattering pictures of an average 28-year-old female body to "morbid obesity".
"We" got there because you just connected dots that weren't there. I brought up "obesity" because it seems that the prevailing attitude in society is that one must first achieve such a state before it is okay to admit there is a problem and therefore do something about it. Nobody is saying here or anywhere that an average 28-year old female body (Hewitt) is morbidly obese... not sure where you came up with that.

My point was that there is an "optimum" state that everyone has and of course, everyone has a different set of parameters that will define what "optimum" is (read: one size does not fit all). With that in mind, even a modest 10 lbs overweight is just the beginning of what could lead to a very unhealthy state. For someone like Hewitt (not to pick on her, but because she is the inspiration for this thread), she has a very petite frame so an additional 10 lbs on her will look much worse on her than it would, say, on Queen Latifa. Extra weight isn't healthy on anyone so making excuses that one should "be proud" to "be who you want to be" is merely a rationalization to excuse poor eating and exercise habits. Of course a relative few people seem to achieve their own "optimum" state which is likely why so many want to support the "big is beautiful" and "be proud of yourself" bandwagons. That's fine, but in an ideal world (which is what I hope we all strive for), settling for the quickest and easiest excuse still doesn't make something okay or the healthiest choice.

Droid
12-10-2007, 02:41 PM
I guess I wonder how fat someone has to get before Hasbro refuses to make an action figure of that person claiming no one would buy it.

JON9000
12-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Does one have to be a member to speak about ideals? If that were true, then how could we ever achieve anything that currently eludes us, like freedom, economic responsibility, and even weight management?

Not if you want to have a nice, clinical conversation, but the tones of condescension and scorn levelled at a woman who is within normal boundaries by some (not necessarily you, cue the Carly Simon) can be left at home, thank y'all very much.

"We" got there because you just connected dots that weren't there.

For someone like Hewitt (not to pick on her, but because she is the inspiration for this thread), she has a very petite frame so an additional 10 lbs on her will look much worse on her than it would, say, on Queen Latifa.

Dots.... what dots? :p

Your bit about the "proud" statement is interesting. I find it more to be a statement of defiance rather than denial.

When people say they are "proud" of their bodies, I usually take it as a rough translation for "I am not ashamed of my body, and if there is something I would like to make improvements to, it certainly isn't any of your business. Oh, and BTW, F you for reducing my humanity to my weight, and sitting in judgment to make you feel better about yourself."

Unless the speaker is Jaime Pressly. I take her words at face value.

stillakid
12-10-2007, 03:47 PM
Not if you want to have a nice, clinical conversation, but the tones of condescension and scorn levelled at a woman who is within normal boundaries by some (not necessarily you, cue the Carly Simon) can be left at home, thank y'all very much.

Yes, my personal intent is to remain detached and clinical. :)

("Nobody does it better"?)

Dots.... what dots? :p

Your bit about the "proud" statement is interesting. I find it more to be a statement of defiance rather than denial.
I'll admit I'm a bit lost in trying to decipher your meaning here. That said, I'm sure that my statement was neither defiance nor denial in reference to myself, rather it was merely a statement of generality. :)

When people say they are "proud" of their bodies, I usually take it as a rough translation for "I am not ashamed of my body, and if there is something I would like to make improvements to, it certainly isn't any of your business. Oh, and BTW, F you for reducing my humanity to my weight, and sitting in judgment to make you feel better about yourself."
I agree. It's similar to the way "fat" women managed to hijack the word "curvy" to include "round and flabby." :sur:

:thumbsup:

JON9000
12-10-2007, 04:33 PM
I'll admit I'm a bit lost in trying to decipher your meaning here. That said, I'm sure that my statement was neither defiance nor denial in reference to myself, rather it was merely a statement of generality. :)

Not your statement, (cue the Carly again!) rather, when people say they are "proud" of their bodies they are often doing so in defiance of their critics, so saying that is not a reflection of being in a state of denial about their health.

Tycho
12-10-2007, 06:49 PM
I don't personally know Jennifer Love Hewitt, so there are a limited number of things I can say that I like or dislike about her.

I used to really like the way she looked:

She's pretty
She had (past tense) a very sexy body

I valued these things.

The other things I knew of her were:

She acted - it wasn't bad, but it wasn't Academy Award winning either. She just did her job and was amusing in movies like Garfield. I didn't watch her TV career. So her acting never really made a favorable or disfavorable impression on me.

She was conservative and raised to be sort of reserved and prudish if you will (from interviews) and there is a lack of stories about her being arrested for DUI while not wearing any panties. I have mixed feelings about this, as Hewitt's having some class is commendable I guess, but she could show me all of herself in a venue like Playboy and that'd be cool with me - but in itself very different from flashing the paperazzi.

Aside from these things, I value making acquaintences I can discuss politics, religion, and philosophy with, Star Wars and Transformers, guitar rock music, etc. I don't know if Hewitt could ever be that kind of friend, having never met her. So I don't feel I can fully evaluate her worth (to me?) as a human being (nor should I have any right to judge anyone, though I can have preferences for who I'd keep company with).

All these things being said, I am back to the very limited criteria I used to look to in order to say I had a positive preference for Jennifer Love Hewitt. I have lost that interest as a direct result of her gains in weight. No, she is not obese. She is just not that high school girl body that could turn me on as before (*checks for Chris Hansen looking over my shoulder). But I feel a loss when I lose that interest in her in this manner. Why?

If Jennifer has aged, so have I. There is nothing saying that I am going to stay young (and attractive if I ever was attractive to begin with) whether or not a celebrity interest of mine ages. I'm obviously going to age. And I'm slightly older than Jennifer to begin with, so that's not helping anything.

So this goes beyond just my concerns about her. I am also worried about myself. (I don't know if Chris Hansen was paying attention to that part of the analysis.)

2-1B
12-10-2007, 07:47 PM
I guess I wonder how fat someone has to get before Hasbro refuses to make an action figure of that person claiming no one would buy it.

Oh my. lol

Bel-Cam Jos
12-10-2007, 08:50 PM
I used to really like the way she looked:

She's pretty
She had (past tense) a very sexy body

I valued these things.

I didn't watch her TV career.

So I don't feel I can fully evaluate her worth (to me?) as a human being (nor should I have any right to judge anyone, though I can have preferences for who I'd keep company with).

I have lost that interest as a direct result of her gains in weight. No, she is not obese. But I feel a loss when I lose that interest in her in this manner. Why?

If Jennifer has aged, so have I.

So this goes beyond just my concerns about her. I am also worried about myself.Not bad things to like. :thumbsup:

But that's where she became famous (Party of Five, Barbie shows/commercials, some singing program [was it Mickey Mouse Club?]), right? Movies (sas I Know Everything... ones) were so-so at best.

It's probably not healthy to obsess with a past view of anyone, let alone celebrities, so I'd say you're "aging" the proper way: maturity. Kudos on living a proper life. :yes: I look a lot worse in some ways than my HS days, myself, so I guess no one wil have to be concerned about obsessing over me. :lipsrsealed: But I like non-twigs for women, so a little "fat" is fine; I'm not enamored with the bones-through-the-skin style.

BountyHunterScum
12-11-2007, 09:56 AM

What exactly do you mean by that?

JON9000
12-11-2007, 02:16 PM
What exactly do you mean by that?

Stillakid makes the slippery-slope point that people who carry extra weight should refrain from saying "I am proud of my body" because doing so makes it sound like they are okay with, or in denial about, being overweight in a society where obesity is a mortal health concern. Societal refusal to criticize these overweight people out of concern for their feelings only enables their fat-arsery, hence, he could fit into the Tycho-James School of Calling It Out for the Good of All Mankind.

My position is: When somebody who could obviously stand to tighten up says "I am proud of my body", they are not necessarily in denial about or okay with their weight, rather, they really telling the critics and internet trolls to go to Hell. As in, "I am not ashamed of my body, and if there is something I would like to make improvements to, it certainly isn't any of your business. Oh, and BTW, F you for reducing my humanity to my weight, and sitting in judgment to make you feel better about yourself."

That said, if Jaime Pressly of "Earl" fame (or anybody at that high a level of physical conditioning) says: "I am proud of my body" I do not take it as a statement in defiance of critics because there are no critics. I take it as sincere pride (or vanity).

jjreason
12-11-2007, 02:40 PM
I was thinking about this at work today - did we ever get a look at Jennifer Love Hewitt in anything other than tight tops and miniskirts in any of her previous work? How do we really know that her bum was ever rock solid?

Lots of ladies' bums look worse than hers did in that pic.... lots. It wasn't even a big-bum, per se, rather a bumpy one (which, sadly, she can't do much about by dieting or exercising from what I understand).

My suggestion is this: dress her up in the clothes she looked hot in before, and she'll still be smokin'.

Tycho
12-11-2007, 03:32 PM
hence, he could fit into the Tycho-James School of Calling It Out for the Good of All Mankind.

Quite right. And it would be for the Good of All Mankind.

rather, they are (the proud of my body crowd) really telling the critics and internet trolls to go to Hell. As in, "I am not ashamed of my body, and if there is something I would like to make improvements to, it certainly isn't any of your business. Oh, and BTW, F you for reducing my humanity to my weight, and sitting in judgment to make you feel better about yourself."

Then they should just say that. Whatever they say is not going to make them more attractive just because they get defensive one way or another. It sucks for them, for all of us, for myself personally. But the "being politically correct" or subtle, gentle, and kind with the disseminating of their feelings doesn't do anything but further aggravate those that would rather have the truth bluntly called out to save the rest of us time.

You're fat. You're unattractive. That is the way it is. The end. (Or you can attempt cosmetic surgery).

Back to Jennifer, it is again the case that she used to be just plain awesome, like Top 1% though JJReason makes a great point that we cannot really recall her being shown from the backside in something really tight and form-fitting like her swimsuit. She might have never been as "perfect" as I thought she was.

If so, then it is not an evolving tragedy, but one born from a mistake made long ago, "Last Summer." Kudos to Jennifer for perpetuating the illusion all of this time. It could then be said she had a very pretty face, and a nice chest, and she used her good attributes to take her far with her acting career - though once again I point out that was never Academy Award winning.

BountyHunterScum
12-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Jamie Pressly is a wh-re though so shes not remotely at any high level of shape. She's posterchick for trailer park tramp.

JON9000
12-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Jamie Pressly is a wh-re though so shes not remotely at any high level of shape. She's posterchick for trailer park tramp.

Now, you have me confused.

First, she looks very fit on her television show. So, if you think she is out of shape, you must look like Bruce Lee. I applaud you, sir. (Or was Bruce Lee out of shape in your book, too?) Please, note, I am not making a judgment on whether or not she looks good, rather, her level of physical fitness.

Second, what does one's level of sexual promiscuity (I can only assume that's what you mean by using the "W" word) have to do with one's level of physical fitness?

Third, how do you have knowledge of her promiscuity, do you know her personally, or are you going by her roles, what? As I understand it, Ms. Pressly is getting married to the father of her recently delivered baby, whom she has been fast friends with for 9 years and in a relationship with for 1 and a half years. Does having sexual relations outside the union of marriage make one a "W"? Does carrying your baby to term and giving birth make one a "W"? Is she "trailer park" because she comes from NC (also my home, and a lovely state.)?

Fourth, and most importantly, anyone who reads your post is going to think you have some serious issues with the fairer sex or a major case of self-loathing. What? Are you having girl problems (or no girl) and looking to feel better about yourself by bashing women who vacation in the Canary Islands while you and I converse on a web-board? Again, for you and all the big shots in here who like to call it out, you are brave souls for doing so cloaked by the relative anonimity of a web-board.

But show me what a man does when he thinks he won't be found out, and I'll show a reflection of his true self.

Quite right. And it would be for the Good of All Mankind.

I expect royalties when you open your school of thought to the masses! It's trademarked!!!! (Like threepeat!)

El Chuxter
12-11-2007, 07:15 PM
People from North Carolina all suck.

JON9000
12-11-2007, 07:19 PM
People from North Carolina all suck.

You can see me rollin', you can be hatin'. but you'll never catch me ridin' dirty!! :D

Tycho
12-11-2007, 08:15 PM

On the contrary: now he has me interested in her! :love:

Bel-Cam Jos
12-11-2007, 08:45 PM
Jamie Pressly ... She's posterchick for trailer park tramp.Just because of My Name is Earl, Joe Dirt, and Ringmaster? Typecast, then?

Mad Slanted Powers
12-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Regarding body image, I think it is important to take genetics into it. Some people are going to be bigger than others no matter what they do. Not everyone who is large is out of shape or at risk. Roger Ebert has outlived Gene Siskel. Rush Limbaugh was recently talking about a recent physical he had. His cholesterol was low, his treadmill test went well and he seemed to be in good health despite not getting a lot of exercise. Some times too much exercise could be a problem. Ryan Shay collapsed and died recently during the early stages of the Olympic Marathon trials. Many years ago, Hank Gathers, one of the top collegiate basketball players in the country, collapsed on the court and died.

So, the question is, what is the ideal weight, and what is the right amount of exercise? We shouldn't just let ourselves go and not try to be healthy, but not everyone can have a perfect figure, and they shouldn't worry too much if they don't. There have been studies that show the negative effects of yo-yo dieting. The stress and worry about weight could end up being worse for someone in the long run. So, if someone is trying to eat healthy and is getting some exercise, they shouldn't worry too much if someone else thinks their butt is a little big.

stillakid
12-12-2007, 12:11 AM
So, if someone is trying to eat healthy and is getting some exercise, they shouldn't worry too much if someone else thinks their butt is a little big.

Unless that someone else is someone they want to impress. :love:

Tycho
12-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Darn, a mod must have deleted my brilliant effort I made here to adapt SirMixALot's classic song!

BountyHunterScum
12-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Just because of My Name is Earl, Joe Dirt, and Ringmaster? Typecast, then?

If the shoe fits wear it. The "style" fits her to a t.

BountyHunterScum
12-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Unless that someone else is someone they want to impress. :love:

Why try to impress anyone? It's a complete waste of time.

stillakid
12-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Why try to impress anyone? It's a complete waste of time.

Not if you impress the right people. :yes:

Tycho
12-12-2007, 10:35 AM
That's true. I impress myself all the time.

BountyHunterScum
12-13-2007, 11:05 AM

Haha. :razz:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-13-2007, 05:33 PM
"That doesn't sound too hard."

ZING!

BountyHunterScum
12-14-2007, 05:34 PM
"That doesn't sound too hard."

ZING!

Yeah no kidding. lol

Deoxyribonucleic
12-16-2007, 06:58 PM
just posting so i get emails so I can see how this thread turns out.

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 07:35 PM
You can subscribe to a thread without posting in it, just click "thread tools" at the top of the thread and then click "subscribe to thread".

... though I suspect this thread will not have much more to say soon.

stillakid
12-16-2007, 07:49 PM
just posting so i get emails so I can see how this thread turns out.

I know how it ends. Hewitt will join Jenny Craig and join Kirsty and Valerie in a threesome mudwrestling commercial to show off how hot and athletic they all are again. :love:

BountyHunterScum
12-16-2007, 07:59 PM
I know how it ends. Hewitt will join Jenny Craig and join Kirsty and Valerie in a threesome mudwrestling commercial to show off how hot and athletic they all are again. :love:

Or Hewitt dumps that scottish guy and takes me instead. A first class gentleman with brains.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-16-2007, 08:02 PM
They could have an episode of Ghost Whisperer that deals with eating disorders.

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 08:20 PM
Oh my god, I finally saw these photos, she's carrying 10 extra pounds of junk in the trunk and you guys are flipping out like she's some sloppy tub of lard. She'll hire a trainer for 6 weeks if she needs to do any major acting that involves being in underwear for extended scenes and that'll be that. Or maybe she'll have enough self-worth to not give a crap what people think of her and be happy she's rich and famous for being a 1-note actress with a moderately sizable bust.

I should undelete the Jessica Alba thread and merge this with it, rename it "Tycho Hates Women, How About You?"

BountyHunterScum
12-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Oh my god, I finally saw these photos, she's carrying 10 extra pounds of junk in the trunk and you guys are flipping out like she's some sloppy tub of lard. She'll hire a trainer for 6 weeks if she needs to do any major acting that involves being in underwear for extended scenes and that'll be that. Or maybe she'll have enough self-worth to not give a crap what people think of her and be happy she's rich and famous for being a 1-note actress with a moderately sizable bust.

I should undelete the Jessica Alba thread and merge this with it, rename it "Tycho Hates Women, How About You?"

I hate certain women, not all. LOL do that though. She needs me as a boyfriend, then I would have her convinced that other people's opinions are worth dogshyte. :D

Deoxyribonucleic
12-16-2007, 09:21 PM
I hate certain women, not all. LOL do that though. She needs me as a boyfriend, then I would have her convinced that other people's opinions are worth dogshyte. :D

This thread and the other like it are PATHETIC!! Too much **** is just that, too much ****! It's really starting to stink around here!

Oh, yeah I forgot to mention...

I hate certain idiots, not all. Just a certain one or two :rolleyes:

Tycho
12-16-2007, 09:23 PM
You deleted my Jessica Alba thread? Why?

I'll have to start another one if it's gone as I'm still in pain because I was not her chosen one.

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 09:24 PM
If you have to ask, you won't understand the answer anyway. It was just becoming too much all around, no 1 post was the problem but it was a lot of nasty stuff together.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-16-2007, 09:25 PM
You deleted my Jessica Alba thread? Why?

I'll have to start another one if it's gone as I'm still in pain because I was not her chosen one.

Please DO NOT!!!

Tycho
12-16-2007, 09:29 PM
I guess I missed out on the new posts over there that caused all the trouble as well as the affections of Miss Alba.

Woe is me. :cry:

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Tycho can't listen to you Deoxy, he feels your gender is all dishonest and their words are worthless... or so he just said in the Alba thread I deleted.

I guess I missed out on the new posts over there that caused all the trouble as well as the affections of Miss Alba.

Woe is me. :cry:Actually Big Pimpin', yours was the last post in the thread.

Tycho
12-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Tycho can't listen to you Deoxy, he feels your gender is all dishonest and their words are worthless... or so he just said in the Alba thread I deleted.

Actually, in my experience, most of the girls I've liked that way including ones I've been in long term relationships with, I've caught in their webs of deceit.

That being said, Deoxy has never lied to me and has been a good friend and a good person.

Now if I make general calls about a gender, dealing with girls I don't know, I error on the side of caution.

I don't remember how that related to Jessica Alba though. My guess is that a lot of misogynistic stuff came up, and maybe that's where the thread headed. That wasn't the point of why I created the topic though. I guess folks turned the discussion that direction and myself and others piled on.

It's interesting to note on behalf of other male chauvenist pigs,
that if a bunch of girls got together to talk crap about men, that is somehow acceptable as a feminist priviledge.

2-1B
12-16-2007, 10:32 PM
I have a question.

Now that the foolish Jessica Alba thread has been deleted, JT can we PLEASE apply the same logic and delete the Transformers Movie thread?

:D

BountyHunterScum
12-17-2007, 09:27 AM
This thread and the other like it are PATHETIC!! Too much **** is just that, too much ****! It's really starting to stink around here!

Only a female would reply that way. I hate 99.999% of actresses and singers. I hate 98.6% of actors too minus Kurt Russell and a few other real actors. So few there are though anymore. Travolta used to be a real actor now he's just a tool with alot of money and the cleft chin. Oh, yeah I forgot to mention I hate smartassed chicks too :rolleyes:.

Tycho
12-17-2007, 01:57 PM
I have a question.

Now that the foolish Jessica Alba thread has been deleted, JT can we PLEASE apply the same logic and delete the Transformers Movie thread?

:D

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

JON9000
12-17-2007, 03:19 PM

I tried to add onto this comment, but it pretty much sums it up.

I wish you haters could all take a break from the narcissistic weltschmerz and find some happiness instead of trying to bring everybody down with you, or debasing all women down to your own levels of self-loathing.

I think I'll take a break from the boards 'til 08. Maybe the Christmas Spirit will take away all of your little crankies.

BountyHunterScum
12-17-2007, 03:38 PM
I tried to add onto this comment, but it pretty much sums it up.

I wish you haters could all take a break from the narcissistic weltschmerz and find some happiness instead of trying to bring everybody down with you, or debasing all women down to your own levels of self-loathing.

I think I'll take a break from the boards 'til 08. Maybe the Christmas Spirit will take away all of your little crankies.

Self loathing, speak for yourself I like myself just fine. Some women take themselves down, nobody has to do anything.

Tycho
12-17-2007, 05:38 PM
JON9000 is right. However it won't take Christmas and the New Year to resolve my issues.

For me, it's going to take surgery and a much better relationship with a girlfriend than I've ever had (boy can this statement be so misconstrued, LOL) to fix my attitude.

Without wanting to be, I must be stuck being the person that I am whom most people shouldn't like. (However I'm honest and sincere - so those are qualities of mine that I think can be valued.)

But anyway, I'm anticipating another lousy Christmas and New Year's. I know all about those. But JON9000 also has a point in that when one of us crank-cases hates the holidays, after they pass, we have less to hate - for a while anyway.

2-1B
12-17-2007, 06:16 PM
or debasing all women down to your own levels of self-loathing.

"All your debase are belong to us."

Mad Slanted Powers
12-17-2007, 07:57 PM
"Wanna grow up to be, be a debaser." - The Pixies

Bel-Cam Jos
12-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Debase all, America's pastime.