PDA

View Full Version : Force Unleashed Commemorative Figure Sets!

Battle Droid
12-10-2007, 03:33 PM
These are Wal-Mart exclusives.

bigbarada
12-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Commemorating what exactly?

I guess it's the commemoration of "There are no more movies, the TV show is getting perpetually delayed and all we have to offer is this crappy video game - so suck it up, fanboys!"

:rolleyes:

Beast
12-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Pretty cool sets. Especially the Emperor Palpatine one. :)

jedi master sal
12-10-2007, 03:48 PM
I like the Emperor set, but the Vader set is Meh. I'm getting tired of the repaints, and worse now that they are repainting Stormtroopers. I don't mind the shadow ones, but I could do without the flavor of the month troopers...

jedi master sal
12-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Heh, the Red and White Stormtroopers are called "Incinerator Troopers"...

Yeah they should be thrown into an incinerator (melted down and remolded into a better figure...)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah they should be thrown into an incinerator (melted down and remolded into a better figure...)

BA DUM CHING! lol :thumbsup:

the Palpy set looks nifty. And i'm really excited about this game. Force movements and lightsaber goodness via the Wii!! EEEEEK! :thumbsup:

Dark Marble
12-10-2007, 05:07 PM
I am not really impressed by these either. I am also getting tired of the trooper repaints. I am hoping I am a little more jazzed by the time the game comes out. I am already kind of unleashed out...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Meh, they'll probably be cheap, at least. I hope the painted stormtroopers craze doesn't last past this game; I thought the all-white troopers were supposed to be a galaxy-wide recognizable sign of Palpatine's rule, and why they switched from the ROTS armor the ANH stuff.

plasticfetish
12-10-2007, 10:24 PM
Commemorating what exactly?The launch of the game maybe?

figrin bran
12-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Seeing as how LA Walmarts get only a tiny allotment of exclusives as it is, I'm just going to tell myself that I'll never see them and that I've no desire to have them either.

bigbarada
12-10-2007, 11:41 PM
The launch of the game maybe?

"To commemorate" usually means that you are remembering and honoring an event, place or person. But how can you remember something that hasn't happened yet?

Blue2th
12-11-2007, 01:46 AM
I don't like the idea of them messing with the Stormtroopers. We got black, we got white, that's enough.
Here we go with another round of multi-colored troopers from the umpteenth battalion. This is just the beginning.

El Chuxter
12-11-2007, 02:04 AM
I actually like the black-and-grey Shadow Stormtroopers. Call me nuts. As a kid, I always thought black Stormtroopers would be way rad.

I don't plan to buy this, though, since I have that Palpy already.

Sinscia Fat'o
12-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Not bad looking sets, depending on the game and how the story pans out i might get the vader pack, but i will more than likely grab the palaptine set up for the troopers. the red stormtrooper thing could be cool. their stationed in CSA space?

jedi master sal
12-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Heh, I just thought of this. The red and white troopers are Incinerator Troopers, right?

So, does that make them the "IT" department for the Empire...

BanthaPoodoo
12-11-2007, 03:10 PM
Heh, I just thought of this. The red and white troopers are Incinerator Troopers, right?

So, does that make them the "IT" department for the Empire...

Perhaps, or maybe they are just Simply Hasbro Incinerator Troopers.

Infer from this what you wish...

:lipsrsealed:

jedi master sal
12-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Perhaps, or maybe they are just Simply Hasbro Incinerator Troopers.

Infer from this what you wish...

:lipsrsealed:

I could be persuaded to agree with your comment. They can also be Troopers Under Rapid Deployment Shifts.

BanthaPoodoo
12-11-2007, 03:57 PM
I could be persuaded to agree with your comment. They can also be Troopers Under Rapid Deployment Shifts.

Too right!

:yes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-11-2007, 06:01 PM
"To commemorate" usually means that you are remembering and honoring an event, place or person. But how can you remember something that hasn't happened yet?
They've done this at Wal-Mart with every SW DVD release since the OT in 2004, so apparently now they're extending it to video games.

Sinscia Fat'o
12-11-2007, 06:47 PM
I wish they would have started the practice awhile back maybe with battle front 2...so i could have gotten that clone engineer....cause i'm not buying that crappy set of droids just for one new figure. Though i always liked the wal mart packs, though it will be a pain trying to track these down.

TheRealDubya
12-11-2007, 06:55 PM

Technically speaking, I think you're 100% right Big B. Commemorations are ceremonies or events to honor the memory of some thing or person -- hence why the word "memory" is part of the root of commemorate.

These should more accurately be called "Product Release" Editions, or some such thing. However, marketing departments have long been guilty of incorrect grammar and word usage. Whatever sounds good, right!

plasticfetish
12-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Com·mem·o·rate

1 : to call to remembrance
2 : to mark by some ceremony or observation : observe <commemorate an anniversary>
3 : to serve as a memorial of <a plaque that commemorates the battle>

"To commemorate" usually means that you are remembering and honoring an event, place or person. But how can you remember something that hasn't happened yet?Well... maybe these are going to come out after the game has launched. :) Or perhaps, like so many other prefabricated collectibles that we've had thrown at us over the years, it's meant to be something that you hang onto, put up on that shelf, and look at whenever your in the mood to commemorate just how great the game was.

This is a sign that Hasbro is admitting that they really blew it in the past by not taking advantage of the modern gamer/toy collector market. They're making up for it by planning well in advance now.