PDA

View Full Version : Very nice...

Darth Evil
02-11-2002, 01:59 PM
I want it to April 23rd. I love the Count Dooku figure, great sculpt, legs aren't too far apart, nice lightsaber. I WANT IT NOW!!! Is his lightsaber's blade removable? Are all the lightsaber blades removable?

Beast
02-11-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Darth Evil
I want it to April 23rd. I love the Count Dooku figure, great sculpt, legs aren't too far apart, nice lightsaber. I WANT IT NOW!!! Is his lightsaber's blade removable? Are all the lightsaber blades removable?

Same here, April 23 seems to far away. :) I agree, the count dooku figure is a mastery of what the realscan process can do. I found it funny, I was ready an interview with the person that did sculpting on the LOTR's figures, he said that Christopher Lee was never realscanned for LOTR's. He wasn't avaliable the day that they did it, so he was sculpted the traditional way, from photos. I guess all the people that praised the Realscan process on the figure of Christopher Lee in that line were fooled. :D

But back to your original questions. The figure of Count Dooku will not be avaliable on April 23rd. Apperantly Lucas and Hasbro consider the figure to much of a spoiler, and are holding him back for a May/June release along with other more spoilerish figures like Hanger Duel Anakin. Yes, his blade is removable, as are all the blades in the new figures. The hilts are also real metal now as well.. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

General Veers
02-11-2002, 02:54 PM
I agree with you 100% JJB. am I the only one who actually likes the AOTC toys? I have to admit they're some flops, but most of them are good.:)

JetsAndHeels
02-11-2002, 03:13 PM
You are not the only one, General Veers. I am very excited about getting these toys. There are a few minor things I do not like about them, but I can get over it. The main ones I am looking forward to getting are Jango (obviously), Zam Wessell, Count Dooku, and the sneak preview astro droid.
I am probably looking forward to April 23rd a little more than May 16th, just because I know I can get my hands on these toys and that will hold me over until the movie comes out a few weeks later.

Beast
02-11-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by General Veers
I agree with you 100% JJB. am I the only one who actually likes the AOTC toys? I have to admit they're some flops, but most of them are good.:)

Nope, looks like you are not the only one. I like them and so do many others, and just like all of the lines there will be some flops. The action posed jedi's look great, IMHO. The only figure I really dislike is the action posed JJB figure. I would have prefered a more neutral pose like Chancellor Palpatine and Senator Orn Fre Taa recieved, but I am sure we will get another JJB figure in his fancy senatorial robes seen in the trailer, and less action posed down the line.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
02-11-2002, 04:02 PM
Dooku is one of the few that I will say is PERFECT! Also nearly perfect is the Obi-Wan with transmitter and soft goods Robe.

See...? I don't hate EVERYTHING.... just a lot of it. I really LIKE to use my imagination, but these figures limit me from doing so. They remind me of the Happy Meal or BK Kid's Club toys when they are overposed and underarticulated. :cry:

pthfnder89
02-11-2002, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

The only figure I really dislike is the action posed JJB figure. I would have prefered a more neutral pose like Chancellor Palpatine and Senator Orn Fre Taa recieved, but I am sure we will get another JJB figure in his fancy senatorial robes seen in the trailer, and less action posed down the line.

Jar Jar Binks

I think you're right on that one JarJar. I'm assuming that Hasbro didn't think he would sell if he was too boring, since he's fairly unpopular already. But I love his AOTC togs far more than anything from Ep1. I don't think I opened a single TPM JarJar figure.

BTW are you sure ALL of the lightsabers handles are metal? I thought they looked like that in the pictures. If so, I'm really excited about that, as I think they will look MUCH better (and I dont have to worry about the silver paint chipping off :) )

evenflow
02-11-2002, 04:36 PM
I agree that i want it to be april 23rd. I can't wait.

PloKoon2385
02-11-2002, 05:00 PM
As I have said a few times, April 23rd is my birthday and it seems further away every time I see the pics. Also i don't know where I will get enough money to buy all the things. i am going on a band trip to Florida that will cost over $1000 on April 11. Sigh......I guess I will have to save even more...

2-1B
02-11-2002, 05:14 PM
pthfnder89, you quoted the exact part of JJBinks' post that I wanted to :)

I'm not a big fan of preposed figs, but I'm alright with it on the Jedi figures. The Senator Jar Jar is a disappointment to me because I just want to display him in an advisory capacity. I really am excited by the current Insider pic of him in his robes, so I was hoping for a lanky, slightly out-of-place look.

Jango96, I'm with you in awaiting 4/23. Once the toys hit, I think it will be a fun waiting period while we have the pleasure of new products AND the remaining excitement of the upcoming film.

2-1B
02-11-2002, 05:15 PM
PloKoon, my birthday is May 23, so one week after the film is released I will be strolling the toy aisles again. I understand your excitement :)

PloKoon2385
02-11-2002, 05:18 PM
Thanks Caesar. Did anyone notice that Jar Jar's outfit looks a little like one of Boss Nass' reps outfits?

Unit-01
02-11-2002, 07:01 PM
Where's a Dooku that can hold his saber with 2 hands? They should have made it so all the Jedi's can. THEY should be the super-articulated figures.

PloKoon2385
02-11-2002, 10:20 PM
*********SPOILER*************
Don't forget, Dooku at one point uses two sabers so that could be the reason he doesn't have the ability to hold a saber in two hands.

Beast
02-11-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
pthfnder89, you quoted the exact part of JJBinks' post that I wanted to :)
I'm not a big fan of preposed figs, but I'm alright with it on the Jedi figures. The Senator Jar Jar is a disappointment to me because I just want to display him in an advisory capacity. I really am excited by the current Insider pic of him in his robes, so I was hoping for a lanky, slightly out-of-place look.

Actually I was considering the look, and the fact that he doesnt look right since they made Chancellor Palpatine and Orn Fre Taa basic standing neutral poses. I posted what I think is a possibility in the thread about the arena playset, and Ill post it here also.

Comparing the outfit of the figure to the trailer and photos, it's obvious that he's not in the same senatorial outfit as we have seen in trailers. Infact going by the pose and the weapon seems that he would fit in perfectly in the arena battle. It's quite possible JJB leads one of the squads of clonetroopers into battle. That would be quite cool, and might help redeem the charecter in the eyes of the fans.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-11-2002, 10:59 PM
Remember he goes by the name of Darth Tyranus in the end,which is clearly on the package.One of the best figures made so far :)