PDA

View Full Version : I've been buying sweat suits lately

Tycho
12-11-2007, 07:24 PM
I got Addidas and then Nike. I bought a girls' pair for my part-time whatever (special female friend I love to hate and hate to love).

Then I got myself another Addidas and I'm looking at some Puma as well as San Diego Padres and Chargers "gear."

Sweatsuits are comfortable (the sort of flannel feeling, soft and thick ones) and they're great for lounging around in and posting on the internet and otherwise typing a way (it's not like I really exercise any more or build up any kind of a sweat - unless Chuxter or JT attack Michael Bay).

So I am now posting and wearing my black pair of Addidas. I feel very comfortable and I look quite spiffy.

bobafrett
12-11-2007, 08:08 PM
I usually just go from work pants, to just boxers, unless it's cold in the house, then it's lounge pants and a t-shirt. I have been sleeping in my birthday suit, but will bring sleepwear with should I ever come visit with you in Califiornia.

Tycho
12-11-2007, 10:40 PM
I have been sleeping in my birthday suit, but will bring sleepwear with should I ever come visit with you in Califiornia.

For both I'll be thankful for.

Yes, I wear lounge pants at home, but sweat suits are just as comfortable and if you must go out - for like emergency toy hunting trips or something - it doesn't feel like you're wearing your pajamas out and about.

Because I feel bloated since I'm retaining water due to my kidney condition, the elastic waistband on the sweat pants and their serviceable pockets, as well as those in the jacket-top, are all very welcome.

JediTricks
12-12-2007, 12:47 AM
What is it with everybody wearing sweat suits these days? I think they look terrible, they make everybody look paunchy and poor. I can understand the comfort aspect, I guess, but I don't leave the house in my friggin' sweatpants unless it's for exercise, it's fine to sit around the pad lounging in my wal-mart-wear but it's quite another to be seen by human beings that way. And yet, just like so many other recently ugly fashion choices, it's big despite making people look worse.

Tycho
12-12-2007, 12:52 AM
I look paunchy and poor to begin with.

Next, I'm not buying my sweat suits at Wal-Mart. Maybe that'd be cheaper than Abercrombie, but...

JediTricks
12-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Sooooo... you want to accent your lesser qualities? That seems a little counterintuitive. Oh wait, I forgot, you also spend extra to look like you spent less.

plasticfetish
12-12-2007, 02:40 AM
You should be rocking the velour. Get some Gucci loafers and a gold chain... really play it up.

2-1B
12-12-2007, 08:40 PM
What is it with everybody wearing sweat suits these days?

They want to look like either mafia wiseguys or gangsta rappers.

Tycho
12-12-2007, 11:40 PM
Actually, Fidel Castro has been wearing sweat suits lately.

It's too bad I can't also wear a beard.

plasticfetish
12-13-2007, 01:34 AM
Just wear a fake beard. What's the diff?

Ji'dai
12-13-2007, 04:21 PM
I haven't bought or worn sweatpants in a long time. You can certainly get into the bad habit of wearing them every day, especially to go out in public. Khakis and golf shirts are suddenly too much work just make a grocery store or toy run :D

I prefer the nylon warm-up suits, though I hate the styles they have these days. I can't stand the bell bottoms with racing stripes down the pant leg. And the basketball ones that have the mesh fabric. Bleah.

My suits are all older Nike and Nautica, have really thin nylon jackets and pants with zippers on the calf for fairly easy removal over athletic shoes. The Nautica suit has a polyester lining in the jacket and pants which is good for cold weather.

I really love nylon clothing. It's such a lightweight material, dries quickly, and is comfortable to boot. I have a bunch of nylon athletic shorts with elastic waistbands which I wear around the house year round and out in public during the warmer months. Can't find nylon shorts I like in stores any more either what with those baggy, droopy basketball shorts being more popular now.

LusiferSam
12-13-2007, 11:32 PM
I've pretty much worn sweats most of my life. I really don't care what people think of me for wearing them all the time. If I had to spend all my time worrying about what people thought of me, my life what suck. Do I look as nice as I could? Most people tell me I look better dressed up a little, but then again I don't care. Be who you want to be.

Slicker
12-16-2007, 04:11 AM
Congratulations, Tycho! You are now officially a full fledged member of the white trash club instead of just an honorary member. :thumbsup:

Tycho
12-16-2007, 06:04 AM
Congratulations, Tycho! You are now officially a full fledged member of the white trash club instead of just an honorary member. :thumbsup:

Cool! Just what I always wanted.

Tonysmo
12-16-2007, 07:52 AM
I've pretty much worn sweats most of my life. I really don't care what people think of me for wearing them all the time. If I had to spend all my time worrying about what people thought of me, my life what suck. Do I look as nice as I could? Most people tell me I look better dressed up a little, but then again I don't care. Be who you want to be.

The perfect response.

I havent worn sweats most of my life.. but Im at work atm, and wearing sweats. :) It doesnt get any better.

2-1B
12-16-2007, 11:41 AM

He used to be just False-Trash but now he's True as Trashy can be.

Tycho
12-16-2007, 01:02 PM
I need to grow a mullet!

TeeEye7
12-16-2007, 04:17 PM
I need to grow a mullet!

You'll have to change your name, then, too. ;)

Tycho
12-16-2007, 05:38 PM
You'll have to change your name, then, too. ;)

To what? Nike?

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Congratulations, Tycho! You are now officially a full fledged member of the white trash club instead of just an honorary member. :thumbsup:Dude, Slicker for the win all the way from the other side of the planet!!! :D

To what? Nike?J-Dog Weeze.

BountyHunterScum
12-16-2007, 07:53 PM
They want to look like either mafia wiseguys or gangsta rappers.

I ran into alot of those jumpsuit wearing fat assed mafia jerk***s in my Punisher pc game, you can guess what happened to them too. :yes:

Tycho
12-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Darn, I'm not fat either. I just have a belly because of my kidney condition (and I hate it) I was (and otherwise still am) athletically built.

Couple that with the fact that I can barely eat anymore (a 6" at Subway made me sick and lose it in the bathroom at Target yesterday) and then I only had a basket of onion rings later (seriously) and barely ate today.

I may not attain the goal of becoming a fat slob in my sweatsuit, collecting action figures because I have nothing better to do.

Instead I'll be a pot-bellied, skinny slob in my sweatsuit, collecting action figures because I have nothing better to do.

I may need the mullet so that other white trash will acknowledge me and invite me to their bumper-bowling night.

bobafrett
01-05-2008, 11:15 AM
Tycho, now that we have spoken on the phone a few times, everytime I read one of your posts I hear it in your voice. BTW, I will probably give you a call later on today, or like when I get of the computer, and my woman leaves for work.

Tycho
01-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Cool. I look forward to hearing from you.

And I have an update for everyone else:

Instead I'll be a pot-bellied, skinny slob in my sweatsuit, collecting action figures because I have nothing better to do.

I now have all the action figures I want at present, so I am down to just being a pot-bellied, skinny slob in my sweatsuit with nothing to do.

Actually, I saw my doctor yesterday and he gave me free samples (enough for 20 days) of a medacine that should ease my naseau and maybe stop my vomitting. If it works, he'll call in a prescription for me.

I can't say anything to that point yet. I've only taken it once (yesterday). It's too soon to tell anything.

bobafrett
01-07-2008, 04:54 PM
I got your message. I called you from my cell phone with the news. Has the new meds worked?

Tycho
01-07-2008, 07:19 PM
I got your message. I called you from my cell phone with the news. Has the new meds worked?

I don't know.

I'm sick again with a cough and stuffy nose. It's taken away my appetite so since I'm not eating, I don't have anything to throw up or have brown water over.

I may delay working with this medacine until I'm eating again. That way the samples will do some good when I actually could use them. Yeah. That's what I'll do.

It's 5pm and I haven't brushed my teeth today as I was coughing just from using mouthwash. I'm going to go and brush now, but that'll tell you how sensitive my system is at the moment.