PDA

View Full Version : Bring out the "Vintage" Snowtrooper and Tusken Raider for Legends '08!

Old Fossil
12-12-2007, 11:05 AM
The "Vintage" (VTAC, VTSC, whatever you want to call it) Snowtrooper was almost impossible to find at retail for many persons. As one of the best Imperial trooper figures in the line to date -- if not THE best of 2007 -- this figure deserves to be made available again. I for one would scoop up any Snowies I could find, even if the price point for basic figures is going up to the rumored $7-8 apiece. Given the traditionally strong sales of OT trooper types, I'd say reissuing the Snowtrooper as part of the basic line would be a no-brainer.

(Another suggestion would be to rerelase the AT-AT Driver as a single carded figure, a Battle Pack with 2 Snowtroopers on speederbikes, and possibly a holographic General Veers, to flesh out Blizzard Force some more! Strong sales of the Target Hoth Ultimate Battle Pack should indicate that demand for this theme is there!!!)

The Tusken is another fantastic sculpt that was difficult to find in some areas, although in others it was a slow mover, I believe. If it were offered as a single carded figure as part of the basic Legends line, however, I think it would be a strong seller, especially at the more bearable lower price point afforded by the basic figure line. I know I would buy several, since I only have two of the VTSC version and really would like to buy a few more without having to buy the rather expensive TRU Battle Pack.

bigbarada
12-12-2007, 01:06 PM
The Snowtrooper was a good figure and I'm sure we're going to be seeing plenty of them rereleased in the future.

I also agree with the Tusken Raider. That's probably one of the most under-rated and under-appreciated figures in the entire line. If you just take a few seconds to work with the robes, they look great.

JediTricks
12-14-2007, 01:25 PM
I wish they would release these 2 as basic carded figures, it should be readily available to troop builders and kids alike. Hopefully they get slotted into whatever Greatest Hits theme they come out with in '08.

Kidhuman
12-14-2007, 03:06 PM
I would buy more of them. I ended up with about 6 snowies and 4 Tuskens, but could always use more.

Sinscia Fat'o
12-15-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm so behind this idea! I love the Snow Trooper from vintage, great sculpt, movement and just a great figure all around, i only found one...though the same for the tusken since i wasn't collecting when he came out i had to search back water moons of my area to find this figure, though when i found him he was 6 bucks, the best 6 bucks i've laid down on a star wars figure. Hopefully they will slot these two for some basic card treatment somewhere down the line.

DarkArtist
12-23-2007, 06:22 PM
I'd be all over buying the Tuskan Raider since I only have one, I have about 6 of the Snowtrooper so I'm good there but not going top complain about if Hasbro repacks them again for the Legends.

jjreason
12-27-2007, 09:38 AM
They're awesome figures, no doubts there. The fact that the Tusken pegged it might (might) slow any desire on their part to release him again... but lets hope not.

pegger
12-27-2007, 08:47 PM
I agree - there is no reason to resculpt these figures ever. Continue to release these.

Desfiy
12-30-2007, 11:52 PM
Well I for one would get the Snowtrooper (seeing I havent even got one yet), and more Sandpeople would be cool, I wish they would also release VOTC Yoda and Stormtrooper (without any tinkering).