PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Presents?

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-13-2007, 07:09 AM
For those that can post this info, what is the favorite present you got for someone else this season?

Ill go first: My sister is a HUGE Seinfeld fan, and I found a seller on eBay that carries the Official Fisher Astronaught Pens. They also do engraving, so on the side it says "Take The Pen!"

I just saw that episode last night, so it made me that much more excited to give it to her.:)

Ji'dai
12-13-2007, 04:32 PM
I haven't even started yet...

I have no idea what to get my folks. I try to get things they really need, but they don't really need anything. I'm finding it's probably better just to do something for them like clean and organize their garage, which I did this past Spring and Summer - man that was a lot of work.

I try not to stray from my brother's Christmas list, but I have seen some DVDs sets on sale he would probably like, but didn't get them because I have no idea if he had them or not. By the time I could ask him, they were sold out or the sale ended. He just won a HD LCD flat screen from work so I might get him some HD DVDs to play on it when gets a player.

Exhaust Port
12-13-2007, 05:49 PM
My father-in-law is a pilot on the Great Lakes so we got him a US flag that had been flown from the USS Arizona on December 7th of last year. They also mailed us a nice certificate of authenticity with his name on it. He should get a real kick out of that.

Rocketboy
12-13-2007, 09:51 PM
I just got (or will get) an awesome book that I may get for someone else this CHRISTMAS.

El Chuxter
12-14-2007, 01:32 AM
I got my wife Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for the Wii. Seriously. Though I'll eventually get to play it, this is one she's wanted to get when the price dropped. I don't think she knows it's on sale for $20 at Best Buy this week. :D

We also got my brother-in-law a gift set of Spinal Tap (DVD, soundtrack CD, and a shirt) from Costco. However, we've been since considering getting him something else, so to keep everything even, we might crack it open and give him the DVD, and let me keep the other two goodies. :evil:

Kidhuman
12-14-2007, 06:03 AM
I rounded up the retail only McFigs for my son. He has a whole set(minus the exclusie ones). He will be really happy with those as he always tries to get mine.

bobafrett
12-15-2007, 03:38 PM
I got my fiance a White Sox jersey. Also they have a kiosk at a mall not to far from me that sells ornaments that they will personalize for free. I got a set of 6 bears all holding hearts, with our names as well as the names of our combined 4 children.

General_Grievous
12-15-2007, 05:56 PM
I got my mom the complete first season of "Little People, Big World" on DVD. It's her favorite show, so she should be pleased.

bobafrett
01-05-2008, 11:20 AM
I got the interactive R2-D2 from my son and my fiance's kids. They all went in on it for me. Now if I could just remember if it needed C or D size batteries, I already have the AA batteries for it.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-05-2008, 11:33 AM
I got my brother tickets to the Ice Bowl, the outdoor hockey game that was held at Ralph Wilson Stadium this past week. My brother lives in Denver and talked repeatedly over the past few months about how he wanted to go, but tickets sold out for the game in 15 minutes. So I gave him a sad-sack story about how we tried to order them but the demand was too great, without letting him know that I was able to order two seats plus win 2 more on Stubhub so that all my brothers and I could go.