PDA

View Full Version : "Father, I won't leave you."

stillakid
12-14-2007, 08:36 AM
But, I will burn you! :love:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-14-2007, 09:39 AM
But, I will burn you! :love:

Are you really making a comment about cremation practices in the OT?!?

.............you do realize at that point, he's DEAD, right? Did I just clear up an issue that's been haunting you for ages? :thumbsup::rolleyes:

Beast
12-14-2007, 09:45 AM
I don't really see the point here either.

Luke cremated his father's armor in a funeral pyre. What exactly is the issue here?

2-1B
12-14-2007, 10:19 AM
When Luke fired up that pyre he should have said "Burrrrrrrn, got you good!"

Maybe when the old man is dead and Jett Lucas takes the reigns, he'll add a Nathan Hamill voiceover to that scene for SWE6ROTJ:SEv2

stillakid
12-14-2007, 10:23 AM
LOL!!! I wasn't making a comment about anything. I was just watching the movie this morning (HBO I think) and that line just popped into my head and I thought I'd share the hilarity with the world. :)

Some people are soooooo suspicious. Lighten up! :love:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-14-2007, 10:54 AM
LOL!!! I wasn't making a comment about anything. I was just watching the movie this morning (HBO I think) and that line just popped into my head and I thought I'd share the hilarity with the world. :)

lol I think you owe me a few bucks we had going on that bet, Beast? :love:

El Chuxter
12-14-2007, 10:55 AM
"Father, I won't leave you. But I do have some good news. I just saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to Geico!"

"Tell your sister... you were right."

stillakid
12-14-2007, 10:57 AM
"Father, I won't leave you. But I do have some good news. I just saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to Geico!"

That's the spirit!!! Maybe some Worshipers will find that Xmas Spirit in time for the holiday too. :love:

2-1B
12-14-2007, 10:59 AM

Luke already did.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-14-2007, 05:54 PM

Thanks for ripping off the fantastic "Figuratively Speaking."

El Chuxter
12-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Ah, dang, I should've known that was familiar.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-14-2007, 09:50 PM

Oh that would be fantastic if they could actually do a commercial like that! I wonder how many star wars fans would 'switch' to Geico!

Thanks again for another belly laugh Chux! :thumbsup:

decadentdave
12-15-2007, 12:00 AM
I used to carry Geico but they raised my premiums so I switched to another company.

Slicker
12-16-2007, 04:08 AM
Kinda reminds me of Rose from Titanic.

"I'll never let go" then she drops him into the ocean.

2-1B
12-16-2007, 11:43 AM
Kinda reminds me of Rose from Titanic.

"I'll never let go" then she drops him into the ocean.

Um, hello??????

Spoiler alert??????

Thanks alot a-hole. :mad:

Rocketboy
12-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Um, hello??????

Spoiler alert??????

Thanks alot a-hole. :mad:At least he didn't tell you the boat sinks.

stillakid
12-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Um, hello??????

Spoiler alert??????

Thanks alot a-hole. :mad:

Yeah, I don't get it. Why would they be in the ocean if there's a big ship sitting right there? :sur: :confused:

TeeEye7
12-18-2007, 02:07 AM

I'm with stillakid with this, in that I saw ANH and ROTJ this weekend, too. Things strike you funny or there's things you haven't noticed before.

Example: I watched ANH, and in the cantina when our heroes first enter, at the top of the steps of what I would call the lobby, there is a machine in the left of the frame. To me, it looked like an ATM machine. In 30 years of watching ANH, I've never really noticed it before now. It struck me funny because I though Wuher must have put it there for the convenience of his customers! :silly:

Slicker
12-19-2007, 01:01 AM
Example: I watched ANH, and in the cantina when our heroes first enter, at the top of the steps of what I would call the lobby, there is a machine in the left of the frame. To me, it looked like an ATM machine. In 30 years of watching ANH, I've never really noticed it before now. It struck me funny because I though Wuher must have put it there for the convenience of his customers! :silly:
That's the droid detector. It came with the the Commtech Wuher figure ages ago.

I sooo wanted to put a funny reply but I just couldn't muster one. Sorry...:cry:

TeeEye7
12-19-2007, 02:35 AM
That's the droid detector. It came with the the Commtech Wuher figure ages ago.

I sooo wanted to put a funny reply but I just couldn't muster one. Sorry...:cry:

Nah! That's good Slick! Wuher was probably too busy tending to his customers and giving Luke a cold draft of blue milk that he needed the extra "look-out" help to keep those pesky droids out of his place! The cantina was probably the red-neck equivalent of Lanny's hang-out. Couldn't have any machine in the joint smarter than Lanny, y'know! Bad for business!

Qui-Long Gone
12-19-2007, 11:49 AM
At least he didn't tell you the boat sinks.

WTF? thanks a bunch Rocket.....guess I can skip that one even though I was going to rent it finally this weekend.....

El Chuxter
12-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I told my cousin that the boat sinks before she went on a date to see Titanic.

She got mad. She didn't know. And she was being serious.

She was also in her early 30s at the time. :rolleyes:

Slicker
12-19-2007, 08:01 PM
I told my cousin that the boat sinks before she went on a date to see Titanic.

She got mad. She didn't know. And she was being serious.

She was also in her early 30s at the time. :rolleyes:And that's yet another shortfall about public education...

Did you guys hear about this bad guy named Hitler?!:rolleyes:

2-1B
12-19-2007, 09:58 PM
you can't spell MOTHER IN LAW without the letters H-I-T-L-E-R-W-O-M-A-N

It's true.

El Chuxter
12-19-2007, 11:00 PM
I had to explain to my niece what Nazis were when we watched Raiders of the Lost Ark.

She thought I was making it up. She'd never heard anything about them in school, and thought I had to be BSing.

She just started tenth grade this year. We watched ROTLA last year.

Those who do not understand the past are doomed to repeat it. I know for a fact we discussed WWII by fourth grade, if not before. No gruesome details, just "these were some really bad SOBs."

TeeEye7
12-21-2007, 02:11 PM
I had to explain to my niece what Nazis were when we watched Raiders of the Lost Ark.

She thought I was making it up. She'd never heard anything about them in school, and thought I had to be BSing.

She just started tenth grade this year. We watched ROTLA last year.

Those who do not understand the past are doomed to repeat it. I know for a fact we discussed WWII by fourth grade, if not before. No gruesome details, just "these were some really bad SOBs."

More proof of the "dumbing-down" of the US, especially here in California.

My wife teaches third grade, and actually got in trouble for "teaching" outside of the prescribed "doctrine" she MUST follow. I put teaching in quotes because she's not allowed to do that any more. She just regurgitates what comes down from Sacramento. Talk about Nazis. :rolleyes:

Neuroleptic
12-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Wow . . . that's just scary about the Nazis and world war two being almost totaly glossed over these days in school. I learned about the Nazis in . . . had to be second grade. Granted it was a heavily glossed over version, but by 5th or 6th, I was taught about the hollocost and other war crimes.

It's scarry as hell what people can get through school and not know anything about these days.

Qui-Long Gone
12-22-2007, 04:26 PM
you can't spell MOTHER IN LAW without the letters H-I-T-L-E-R-W-O-M-A-N

It's true.

You Caesar have become a god of the forum with that insight........:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thum bsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: