PDA

View Full Version : Galaxywide Cleanup

stillakid
12-14-2007, 09:45 AM
After the Rebels win in ROTJ, presumably there is a lot of "Empire" to cleanup, including a whole lot of Jango Fett clones who are programmed to destroy anything that isn't Palpatine's Empire.

Soooo, this introduces a moral issue. Is there a galaxywide genocide of anyone who looks like Jango Fett? How does that go down? Are we talking Auschwitz? Train cars headed for "processing centers"? Instant executions? Blade Runner type bounty hunters going after the Jangos (funny ironic, huh!)?

This could make for a very interesting and compelling Expanded Universe concept. Now that I think of it, I may have to copyright it and start writing today!

2-1B
12-14-2007, 11:22 AM
That's what Order 67 was for.

stillakid
12-14-2007, 11:28 AM

I don't think so...

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=35496&highlight=order

67. Call tailor to custom fit the S&M suit for new apprentice.

El Chuxter
12-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Jango clones age twice as fast, so they'll all be old or dead anyway.

2-1B
12-14-2007, 12:02 PM

I don't think so...

Oops, I meant to type Order 208.

Sorry about that !

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=586214&postcount=109

stillakid
12-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Jango clones age twice as fast, so they'll all be old or dead anyway.

Good point.... so if it's been about, say, 22 years or so from ROTS to ROTJ, the Jango's from the ROTS era would be in their 80s? But we can't discount the Empire growing new Jangos while lil' Luke is growing up.

PLUS, the Prequel Worshipers tend to claim that the Empire used different hosts in order to explain why all of the OT Stormtroopers aren't the same size or sound the same as Jango. So we should assume that by the time of ROTJ, that there ARE Jangos of all ages AND a sh**load of non-Jango Clones wandering about the galaxy looking for a fight.

And to make things even more interesting, all legitimate TWINS would be scared out of their skins for fear of being accused of being clones. It seems that the Republic post-ROTJ would be a very violent and scary place. :sur:

El Chuxter
12-14-2007, 12:27 PM
If you want a serious answer, I think Lucas's whole thing about Clones is carp. Sure, cloning a bounty hunter may be a way to efficiently create an army in secret. But once everyone knows about the army, it's much cheaper to train recruits (or conscripts) than to actually create them. There are no, or at least very, very few, clones left.

stillakid
12-14-2007, 12:41 PM
If you want a serious answer, I think Lucas's whole thing about Clones is carp. Sure, cloning a bounty hunter may be a way to efficiently create an army in secret. But once everyone knows about the army, it's much cheaper to train recruits (or conscripts) than to actually create them. There are no, or at least very, very few, clones left.

I agree with you for the most part, but I think we need to defer to a Prequel Worshiper in order to find the answer to this one. I mean, someone has to completely buy into the Prequels (as crazy as that sounds) because this question has its foundation in that idea.

So, if the Prequels are the way things are, then the galaxy is chock full o' Clones throughout the Saga which means that a veritable massacre is about to take place post-ROTJ. No?

2-1B
12-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Good point.... so if it's been about, say, 22 years or so from ROTS to ROTJ, the Jango's from the ROTS era would be in their 80s? But we can't discount the Empire growing new Jangos while lil' Luke is growing up.

PLUS, the Prequel Worshipers tend to claim that the Empire used different hosts in order to explain why all of the OT Stormtroopers aren't the same size or sound the same as Jango. So we should assume that by the time of ROTJ, that there ARE Jangos of all ages AND a sh**load of non-Jango Clones wandering about the galaxy looking for a fight.

And to make things even more interesting, all legitimate TWINS would be scared out of their skins for fear of being accused of being clones. It seems that the Republic post-ROTJ would be a very violent and scary place. :sur:

They didn't use different size hosts, they used different size Jangos.

BanthaPoodoo
12-14-2007, 04:39 PM
the Prequel Worshipers tend to claim that the Empire used different hosts in order to explain why all of the OT Stormtroopers aren't the same size or sound the same as Jango. So we should assume that by the time of ROTJ, that there ARE Jangos of all ages AND a sh**load of non-Jango Clones wandering about the galaxy looking for a fight.

Ahh but those that played Star Wars Battlefront II will see that it is so. The 501st Legion guy doing the voice over makes it clear....

lol

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-14-2007, 06:20 PM
I don't think so...

For the record . . . I didn't write that (I copied it, but I didn't write it).

Mad Slanted Powers
12-14-2007, 10:04 PM
Good point.... so if it's been about, say, 22 years or so from ROTS to ROTJ, the Jango's from the ROTS era would be in their 80s? But we can't discount the Empire growing new Jangos while lil' Luke is growing up.If they were born around TPM: 10 years to AOTC, a couple more years to ROTS, 20 years to ANH, and 4 years to ROTJ. That's 36, so if they age twice as fast, they would be like 72.

PLUS, the Prequel Worshipers tend to claim that the Empire used different hosts in order to explain why all of the OT Stormtroopers aren't the same size or sound the same as Jango. So we should assume that by the time of ROTJ, that there ARE Jangos of all ages AND a sh**load of non-Jango Clones wandering about the galaxy looking for a fight.They may have used different hosts, but I think the differences in size or sound could be attributed to many Stormtroopers not being clones. Plus, why should we assume they are going to be looking for a fight? If they were loyal to the Emperor, he is dead. Also, according to the EU, there were plenty of battles to fight with the remnants of the Empire, so it wouldn't necessarily be genocide eliminating them, just more war.

2-1B
12-15-2007, 06:33 PM
The OT clones were based on Wilford Brimley. He went rogue, so that's why he was hiding out on Endor. The Emperor sent an entire legion of his best troops to find him...but they ran into some Ewoks and the rest is (EU) History.

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 05:54 PM
Ahh but those that played Star Wars Battlefront II will see that it is so. The 501st Legion guy doing the voice over makes it clear....

lolOh man, I totally hate that guy, he's got that "gruff stereotypical American" growl voice that makes me want to kick that clone in the neck. "The Republic has the FLAG!!!" Shut up dude, we get it, it's not that life-changing, we'll have it again 10 more times in the next few minutes. "That's another command post for the Republic!" Like there aren't 6-8 Command Posts changing sides every few moments, calm the hell down.

Thank goodness he's not the voice of the OT stormtroopers, you'd be able to see Vader rolling his eyes through his helmet at every response they gave.

VADER: Make sure nobody uses this door, it's not working right.

HP-3127: Yes sir! It's an honor to serve! Long live the Empire!

VADER: (muttering under his vocorder) ...Geez 'supersoldier', take it down a notch before you soil your pretty white armor.