PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Twilight (in '08)

Bel-Cam Jos
12-15-2007, 09:43 AM
Saw this article on sw.com Star Wars Twilight series (http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/news20071109.html) and it might be an improvement over the recent EU stuff. I hope the link works (sometimes, people've said they do not :( ), but it's listed as a film noir-style detective series (maybe like Ellory Queen) set on Coruscant, post-ROTS. Michael Reeves did the Darth Maul novel, and I liked that style, so a potential :thumbsup: preview for this one, perhaps?

El Chuxter
12-15-2007, 01:03 PM
That does sound good. Wasn't Coruscant Nights originally supposed to start a year or so ago, before this Legacy carp?

Bel-Cam Jos
12-16-2007, 04:47 PM
That does sound good. Wasn't Coruscant Nights originally supposed to start a year or so ago, before this Legacy carp?To quote Qui-Gon: "I wish that were so."

OC47150
06-26-2008, 08:32 PM
I saw on another site that the first book is out. It's available on Amazon.

I might pick it up here shortly.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Bought it on Tuesday, and finished it yesterday. I will wait on commenting until others have had time to read it themselves. I will say that if this is your first SW novel, you'd be a bit lost (you'd need some background from the EU).

Darth Jax
06-28-2008, 12:49 AM
i picked it up as well. but will wait to read it until the other 2 are released. my short term memory ain't what it once was and that'll save me from having to re-read each of the others when the next book is released.

dr_evazan22
07-27-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm in the middle of itright now. So far the story isn't bad; there've been better and worse. It does feel a little like a slow read to me though, and I think its the authors doing. He has a habit of using big words, and it pulls me out.

I'm the type of person that has trouble just figuring out how to pronounce some of the sci-fi names that some characters (or places) are named. A great example is Prince Xixor. I would never, and I mean NEVER would have guessed it was pronounced she-zor, and not zix-or (at least, that's how I had heard it pronounced at some point back around the SotE time).

Anyway, I kind of resent feeling like I should have a masters degree to read a frackin' SW book. I like having my vocabulary expanded, but the frequency of words I don't know interrupts the rhythm of the story, and lessens my enjoyment.

My 2 cents.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-30-2008, 06:21 PM
The second one, CN II: Street of Shadows came out this week. I'm just a chapter in, so there's no vibe to feel about it yet.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-19-2008, 08:24 PM
Three weeks to finish a 300-page SW novel? Must be back to work already! :pleased: I liked this one, and I eagerly look forward to the third book (cover shows someone like Jax battling Vader in a saber duel). Some detective-style surprises and clues to follow (moreso than the first book, IMO). I enjoy this series, and can see it continuing for awhile before it has the chance to get stale; good core group of characters, and the easy ability to add more, with occasional cameos by more well-known, established ones.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-28-2009, 05:58 PM
I'd bought the third one, Patterns of Force several weeks back, but once I started it, only took me over a week to read it. I really like this series, and this book was somewhat predictable, but not negatively so. The characterization of Vader in it is among the best I've read in the EU. Jax is a worthy post-Order 66/pre-Luke Jedi, and some of the unbelievable plots are made to be almost legit, quite a kudo for Reaves' writing style.

OC47150
03-01-2009, 08:04 PM
I went to two different bookstores recently and couldn't find the first one. I've been wanting to read this series for a while.