PDA

View Full Version : Hitman

Tycho
12-16-2007, 01:19 AM
I don't think you should waste your time. I didn't understand some of the plot - or there wasn't a good plot to understand.

There is a lot of action, but some of it is filmed in such a shaky camera or quick-to-pan-or-zoom shots, that it's also not so easy to follow.

Still there are cool things about the film and the lead assassin's character that are pretty cool.

Still, as a writer, the movie gave me ideas of how to serve my own story better than what had been done here.

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 06:26 PM
I should retitle this thread "Michael Bay's Transformers", change the word "assassin" in the 3rd paragraph to "robot" and we're sewed up. :D

Tycho
12-16-2007, 06:34 PM
JediTricks (and El Chuxter) you have been unfair to Michael Bay on countless occasions. "Hitman" was not even a Bay movie, and yet you broke all the forum rules and personally attacked Mr. Bay. How do you think he'd feel when he put forward all that effort to rediscover the Camaro and all you guys can think of doing is chewing him out over a movie he didn't even make?

I hope you don't have Autobot or Decepticon logos on your automobiles because you do not deserve the honor of displaying them!*

I say this with the full authority as the nerd that I am!

*OK, Chuxter kind of gets a pass for finding me Optimus Prime, but I got him Starscream so we're even.

DarthBrandon
12-16-2007, 07:10 PM
JediTricks (and El Chuxter) you have been unfair to Michael Bay on countless occasions. "Hitman" was not even a Bay movie, and yet you broke all the forum rules and personally attacked Mr. Bay. How do you think he'd feel when he put forward all that effort to rediscover the Camaro and all you guys can think of doing is chewing him out over a movie he didn't even make?

I hope you don't have Autobot or Decepticon logos on your automobiles because you do not deserve the honor of displaying them!*

I say this with the full authority as the nerd that I am!

*OK, Chuxter kind of gets a pass for finding me Optimus Prime, but I got him Starscream so we're even.

Mr Bay probably does not care one bit, he didn't with Transwhat-ever it was that my son (love it) & I (detested it) saw so I feel he'd pay no attention to this as well.:D

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Mr. Bay. How do you think he'd feel when he put forward all that effort to rediscover the Camaro and all you guys can think of doing is chewing him out over a movie he didn't even make?Don't forget, Michael Bay discovered Transformers rotting away unused in a garbage dump about to be crushed into a cube too before realizing what it really was good for, a vessel turning into his alien invasion family franchise film. Transformers at that time hadn't been one of the top selling toy brands for the past 7 years or anything with a brand that had been consistently expanding. :rolleyes:

Puh-lease! That fool didn't "rediscover" the Camaro, the concept Camaro was going to be HUGE before that chimp even saw one, the 2006 LA Auto Show had a massive crowd around the concept car and it wasn't even the thing's first auto show appearance. Mattel and Jada Toys both designed fantastic versions before Bay took the Bumblebee character and misappropriated it into a Chevy Camaro. You don't even deserve to breath the exhaust that comes out of the '09 Camaro if you think for 1 second that Bay is what made that car popular. What makes that car popular is its beautiful lines and modern-classic design, not some hack movie director being bribed to put it in his awful movie.

Beast
12-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Re: Hitman.

Got a free pass to see it with 'Live Free or Die Hard', didn't care. Looked craptastic.

Usually I'm not one to throw a free movie ticket away. :p

BountyHunterScum
12-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Damn right the Camaro Concept was going full tilt boogie before Transformers was even an itch in Bay's pants. I'm one of the REAL Camaro fans who was into the car before the movie even came out. So a round kiss my buhttocks to the posers into the car AFTER the movie came out.

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 07:58 PM
No kidding! You can usually tell them from the real fans of the car because they want it in yellow with black stripes, they're not impressed with the concept's original beautiful silver. What they really want is an '06 Pontiac GTO redressed to look like this car (apparently, the wheels are actually covers, including the brake rotors which have no calipers, just one more poseur thing about it).

BountyHunterScum
12-16-2007, 08:04 PM
No kidding! You can usually tell them from the real fans of the car because they want it in yellow with black stripes, they're not impressed with the concept's original beautiful silver. What they really want is an '06 Pontiac GTO redressed to look like this car.

I wouldn't mind having a Bumblebee look alike but my ideal Camaro is Blue with White Stripes. I have the Camaro hat that looks like the car. My hat is Lemans Blue like with Camaro by Chevrolet on the front and the rally stripes on top of the bill.

stillakid
12-16-2007, 08:06 PM
This is a funny discussion. Very entertaining.

Seriously, does it matter why somebody decides to like the car (or whatever)? So the F what if Michael Bay directed a movie that used a product placement product as the hero(car)? Chevrolet has many avenues to market their product and movies have always been one of them for many corporations.

Having a pi**ing contest to say that "real fans" liked the car before a movie came out is ludicrous. Maybe those later fans don't loiter around the Hot Rod magazine rack at the local 7-11.

I mean, what if the car was featured in a really great movie, say, directed by Martin Scorcese? Would that be acceptable or is this just about knocking fans of Transformers for also liking a car that the "cool kids" were into before the movie?

BountyHunterScum
12-16-2007, 08:36 PM
That car is never going to show up in what Hollywood regards as a good movie, it's too conservative and american as a car. Their ideal cars for movies like that are ****y Toyotas and stuck up Mercedes. I'd love to own GM then I would make all the cars I hold in high regard manual transmission only so all the Prius driving Al Gore trusting Global Warming believing losers would have a hard time driving them or flat out give up before they even start. Megan Fox needs to ditch those damned tattoos, she reminds me of Jennifer Connelly. Connelly needs to lose that dumbassed limey Paul Bettany, christ that a**hoe can't act. I don't know why some american women marry euro trash those people in europe are FUBAH'ed(F-ed up behond all hope) hugely.

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't mind having a Bumblebee look alike but my ideal Camaro is Blue with White Stripes. I have the Camaro hat that looks like the car. My hat is Lemans Blue like with Camaro by Chevrolet on the front and the rally stripes on top of the bill.I have the Jada Toys 1:18th concept Camaro, it's pretty good for a company that mostly does Dubs with all that pimped out bling and stuff, but they are a little thin in design in a few areas. I also have their 1:32nd scale one, nice for $5; and a couple of the Hot Wheels ones in silver and 1 in black. The black paint looked way better than I expected really, I don't care for the concept red all that much but just because it hides the lines and yells "look at the color" instead. Blue and white stripes, pretty much classic Camaro right there, cannot go wrong. They had the convertible concept at the Auto Show, orange and black which kinda worked but seemed a touch louder than I would have gone with (again, a pretty classic combo for the line though).

This is a funny discussion. Very entertaining.

Seriously, does it matter why somebody decides to like the car (or whatever)? So the F what if Michael Bay directed a movie that used a product placement product as the hero(car)? Chevrolet has many avenues to market their product and movies have always been one of them for many corporations.

Having a pi**ing contest to say that "real fans" liked the car before a movie came out is ludicrous. Maybe those later fans don't loiter around the Hot Rod magazine rack at the local 7-11. Maybe those people should have paid attention to it when it came out if they were fans, it's not like Chevy tried to hide the thing after January of '06, it had plenty of media coverage. But no, it's the movie where GM paid off Hackle Bay to make all the good guy star robots their cars and NONE of the bad guy robots, that's where these people make their fandom, they did so because they're following yet another marketing trend rather than their hearts, that makes them poseurs.

I mean, what if the car was featured in a really great movie, say, directed by Martin Scorcese? Would that be acceptable or is this just about knocking fans of Transformers for also liking a car that the "cool kids" were into before the movie?Unless Marty is going to make the GM products the stars of the movie, it's totally different. In large part, Bay turned Transformers into an overly-long advertisement for GM rather than a movie.

BTW BHScum, I've been passed while going 90 in Hollywood by those Prius cars, they may look stupid but their incredibly low drag-coefficient makes them surprisingly swift (although at those speeds, the hybrid aspect of the car is wasted as the electric motor isn't doing any of the work, so it's getting pretty weak highway mileage).

Tycho
12-16-2007, 09:19 PM
OK, while this movie discussion has turned into an auto discussion, and I'm terribly offended by the dispariging of my hero Michael Bay and his awesome yellow Camaro, I have a question to ask about the Prius.

Why are new hybrids and other technological break-thru advanced vehicles always ugly? Why can't they take regular cars that exist now - like the Grand Cherokee or Toyota Corolla, and just use the existing body design and make it the "eco-car version?" I mean if Hummer ever made an SUV that ran on water, why couldn't it just look like a traditional Hummer?

I know there are marketing people that say it needs to differentiate itself if it is so different. Well I also know they are complete MORONS!

If Chevorlet makes a Corvette that runs on Kool-Aid, I suspect you'd want it as long as it still looked like a Corvette.

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 09:40 PM
First off, did anybody care about the movie Hitman? I haven't seen evidence of that, the box office certainly isn't there. So I feel fairly safe that when even Tycho, who likes a lot of suspect stuff, calls it crap, that's the "'nuff said" moment.

Secondly, about the hybrids thing, there are hybrids of regular cars and SUVs now, but the point of the Prius and the others with those ugly looks (the new Prius has a non-hatchback version that finally doesn't look quite so bad) is that their shape is determined in large part on how much they can minimize their drag coefficient - the amount of drag the air creates pushing against the car while it's moving. You see, when a car is driving, it's pushing THROUGH the air - consider when you walk through a swimming pool how much harder it is to push your body through that water than it is to streamline yourself and swim through it, that's lost energy. These ugly hybrids are all about maximizing the use of their energy so they can give the driver more of it rather than waste it pushing through air, this is also why their tires are small and highly-pressurized (larger tires and radials are wasteful of energy, if you put big wheels/tires on a car not originally designed for it, you'll lose gas mileage).

There is a very fast, sexy all-electric car called the Tesla Roadster:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Roadster
and some shots I took myself:
http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0007uk6.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0010so7.jpg
http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0012qx6.jpg
(notice the gearshift has 2 forward speeds, that's it).

The issue with the lack of sporty hybrids and electrics is that they aren't the most efficient use of the technology and they don't have the broadest appeal, so they're not in mass production at this point. Once the technology proves itself and evolves further, it'll get adapted at production level to sexier cars.

Tycho
12-16-2007, 09:48 PM
That's a sweet car, JT. I want one! Well, it'd still be kind of hard to get in and out of versus an electric SUV.

But the lines on the Tesla are very smoothe and sexy!

I read about this car before. I think it's seriously a lot of money like $300,000 or a lot more. There were only a handful made, right? (I didn't read the article you linked to as I'm in a hurry to go and eat).

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 09:58 PM
The Tesla Roadster's only $100k, has a 0-60 of under 4 seconds, and if your primary concern about a car is getting in and out comfortably, a sports car is wasted on you. :p The Tesla is entering its 2nd year of production, and is already again presold out. It's very popular.

The lines on the Tesla are taken directly from the incredibly lightweight Lotus Elise with whom they have a development deal. Here's the Elise:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Elise
it's a really sexy car, every time I see one of these tiny beauties go by on the street I have to turn my head. F'ers wouldn't let folks try one on at the Auto Show though which is tragic as it's only $47k, Porsche has cars 3 times that expensive you could try on (though honestly, I didn't see the reason to, Porsche has 1 sexy car right now and it's $220k). The Elise's curb weight is under a ton and uses a small Toyota engine to get it to a top speed of 150mph and an under-5-second 0-60 time (impressive for an engine that puts out 120hp, only a couple dozen more horsepower than a classic VW Beetle).

stillakid
12-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Unless Marty is going to make the GM products the stars of the movie, it's totally different. In large part, Bay turned Transformers into an overly-long advertisement for GM rather than a movie.

I thought it was a annoying commercial for toys. Couldn't see a damned thing... except for the two hotties. :love: For that, I thank Michael Bay.

Hey, remember HITMAN? :D In general, I love assassin movies (The Professional, Gross Pointe Blank) so I'd like to hear how this one is.

2-1B
12-16-2007, 10:26 PM
I saw Hitman but only because I am a big fan of Timothy Olyphant...it was a fun flick, nothing great that I will be in a rush to watch again though.

I thought it was dumb to have the video game playing on the kids' TV screen, talk about breaking the 4th wall!

But it was fun.

Tycho
12-16-2007, 11:04 PM
Grosse Point Blank was another stupid movie. I saw that one on a date only because that's what she wanted to see.

The Professional was good though.

Personally I liked the killer in "Line of Fire" whose name escapes me for the moment - John Malkovich I think?

BountyHunterScum
12-17-2007, 09:37 AM
I saw Hitman but only because I am a big fan of Timothy Olyphant...it was a fun flick, nothing great that I will be in a rush to watch again though.

I thought it was dumb to have the video game playing on the kids' TV screen, talk about breaking the 4th wall!

But it was fun.

I saw it too, that was predictable though the 47 through window to find two kids playing the game thing. The movie is in the same boat with the game, very much liked but not in the super mainstream way. It was a fun movie. The guy with his girlfriend sitting behind me, said "here we go" when the russian chick appeared topless. lol

2-1B
12-17-2007, 06:20 PM
I was sitting behind you in the theater ? What a coincidence ! lol

BountyHunterScum
12-17-2007, 06:32 PM
I was sitting behind you in the theater ? What a coincidence ! lol

You're not in VA. This was in VA.

2-1B
12-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Virginians must be a little behind in the sense of humour category. ;)

BountyHunterScum
12-20-2007, 12:32 AM
Virginians must be a little behind in the sense of humour category. ;)

Myself perhaps. The girl with him was alright looking but had a hot girl voice.

JediTricks
12-20-2007, 06:27 AM
I thought it was a annoying commercial for toys. Couldn't see a damned thingKids love to sit through a solid hour having seen just 1 robot do anything, only to watch the convoluted, shaky-cam ruin all the action shots of the heroes in the second hour. Yeah, great commercial for toys. Oh, I forgot, the sluttily-made-up women and masturbation & urination jokes, perfect for the wee ones.

Hey, remember HITMAN? :D In general, I love assassin movies (The Professional, Gross Pointe Blank) so I'd like to hear how this one is.Doesn't sound like anybody remembered this movie last weekend. :p

Tycho
12-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Kids love to sit through a solid hour having seen just 1 robot do anything, only to watch the convoluted, shaky-cam ruin all the action shots of the heroes in the second hour. Yeah, great commercial for toys. Oh, I forgot, the sluttily-made-up women and masturbation & urination jokes, perfect for the wee ones.

I think you just hit upon why I like Transformers so much!

El Chuxter
12-20-2007, 01:27 PM
Did they include "Hitman" by Queen on the soundtrack, or is this another case of Hollywood missing a golden opportunity?

JediTricks
12-20-2007, 04:11 PM
I think you just hit upon why I like Transformers so much!
Because it was boring, pandering to horny fanboys, and had little to do with the franchise it was claiming to be? Great call there Playboy.

Tycho
12-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Did they include "Hitman" by Queen on the soundtrack, or is this another case of Hollywood missing a golden opportunity?

I dunno. I wouldn't have recognized the song, most likely. I'm not as cultured in my classic rock. I rather know Queensryche, not Queen (except for We Will Rock You).

Because it was boring, pandering to horny fanboys, and had little to do with the franchise it was claiming to be? Great call there Playboy.

It wasn't boring. Remember I was sitting right next to you for one showing and I was all excited about such great scenes like when the Indian outsource worker was trying to sell Captain Lennox the premium caller package when the soldiers were under Scorponok's attack and then the dude picks his nose! Awesome! And it was so cool having the sexy Australian high schooler played by Rachael Taylor swipe data from the Pentagon in a scene that clearly pandered to Panasonic's product placement!

I think the movie was right on target as to being franchise related. I saw a giant piece of tinfoil and it called itself Megatron! That name sounds just like it did in the 1980's cartoon!

Bless Michael Bay for bringing us the Transformers in a live motion picture!

Lord Malakite
12-22-2007, 05:33 AM
Bless Michael Bay for bringing us the Transformers in a live motion picture!
I would, if I could tell who the hell was fighting what in that movie. Aside from Bumblebee and Optimus Prime the Autobots and Decepticons looked like generic silver robot blobs. Combine that with all the shakey close ups of Autobots/Decepticons tumbling around on the ground wrestling each other and you've got yourself a horrified jumbled mess on your hands. Even Megatron wasn't that easy to keep track of in that final fight because of how similar they made him appear to Starscream (right down to being a jet plane in vehicle mode) and I kept expecting Starscream to have a bigger part in that battle than what he got.

JediTricks
12-24-2007, 05:12 AM
It wasn't boring. Remember I was sitting right next to you for one showing and I was all excited about such great scenes like when the Indian outsource worker was trying to sell Captain Lennox the premium caller package when the soldiers were under Scorponok's attack and then the dude picks his nose! Awesome! And it was so cool having the sexy Australian high schooler played by Rachael Taylor swipe data from the Pentagon in a scene that clearly pandered to Panasonic's product placement!Dude, the first hour - minus Blackout's attack on the base - was incredibly boring, and the second hour has a few scenes punctuated by dullness (anything with Shia in a building, for example).

2-1B
12-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Only the first hour, JT ? You're too generous...I thought the whole movie is boring. lol

Wow, look at how hot the Hitman thread is. :D

JediTricks
12-25-2007, 03:06 AM
The whole movie is boring, but at least the second half tries to be excitingly boring with robots being awful instead of just people being awful.