PDA

View Full Version : Disturbing Public Service Announcements

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Who said Canadian culture was anything but cultured? Take a look at these
disturbing public service announcements from the land of Johnny Canuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Haa4QImf40&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uniqmkPeaZ4&feature=related (saw this one on t.v. over the weekend)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf_LWq88H5I&feature=related

Those aren't even the most disturbing ones.

Click the links to the restaurant and domestic violence ones after viewing one of the videos. Posting those might get me banned for they aren't for the squeamish (especially the domestic violence ones).

BountyHunterScum
12-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Who said Canadian culture was anything but cultured? Take a look at these
disturbing public service announcements from the land of Johnny Canuck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Haa4QImf40&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uniqmkPeaZ4&feature=related (saw this one on t.v. over the weekend)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf_LWq88H5I&feature=related

Those aren't even the most disturbing ones.

Click the links to the restaurant and domestic violence ones after viewing one of the videos. Posting those might get me banned for they aren't for the squeamish (especially the domestic violence ones).

The restaurant one is the most gory with scalding skin. We don't have accidents like this in the US that I know of. Only canadians would pull a stunt like this.

TeeEye7
12-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Did they hire Stephen King to write these? :eek:

El Chuxter
12-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Those are insane! Awesome, but insane!

Where are the restaurant and domestic violence ones? I can't find 'em anywhere. Can you PM them to me?

LusiferSam
12-18-2007, 05:44 PM
lol Ha ha ha ha lol

That's great. I'm still laughing at the first one. We need more PSA like those here in the States.

General_Grievous
12-18-2007, 05:45 PM
The restaurant one is the most gory with scalding skin. We don't have accidents like this in the US that I know of. Only canadians would pull a stunt like this.

Please tell me you're joking.

plasticfetish
12-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Those are brilliant. Love the one about the forklift accident. Much better than the three hours of training videos that I had to watch a few weeks ago.

Please tell me you're joking.Yeah he's joking. No one in their right mind could seriously say that. (Unless he's talking about some mythical "US" where workers don't hurt, maim and kill themselves every day.)

General_Grievous
12-18-2007, 07:50 PM
How long did it take before someone edited one of these PSAs with the Benny Hill theme? Not long at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qevw2-h9R1M

mabudonicus
12-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Yeah, we DO get some pretty crazy ads, I've sen a few that scarred me for life back when I was young. In the mid 70's there was one that played during cartoons all the time about hitchhiking and it was friggin TERRIFYING, it keept flashing "DON'T GET IN THE CAR" with like this freaky music and all this imagery that REALLY upset me.

Another thing that I saw ONCE at a "home show" on this looped display film was this "kitchen safety" thing that was GRUESOME- I must have been like 5-6 and there were 2 scenes (thankfully short ones) that burned RIGHT into my head FOREVER- first one was someone washing out a glass, all close up, and the glass had a chip in it and the "join" between the thumb and index finger got ripped RIGHT open and tomato juice went EVERYWHERE (still leery EVERY DAMN TIME I wash dishes)- the next scene was kinda similar- overhead shot of a sink full of dishes and the person goes tograb something- unbeknowst to them the SHARPEST KNIFE IN THE UNIVERSE is sitting on the counter, jutting out over the sink- thing cuts their hand almost OFF, friggin blood FILLS the sink (tomato juice again- I still recall how it came GUSHING out all over the place). To this day I think I should be able to get compensation for that crap

:beard: Iso & Baws
Good thing nothing ever goes wrong in the US ;)

BountyHunterScum
12-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Those are brilliant. Love the one about the forklift accident. Much better than the three hours of training videos that I had to watch a few weeks ago.

Yeah he's joking. No one in their right mind could seriously say that. (Unless he's talking about some mythical "US" where workers don't hurt, maim and kill themselves every day.)

Oh they get hurt but not like this on tv where the idiots go out of their way to gross out the viewers. Safety in canada must be a problem if they are airing things like this.

DarthBrandon
12-19-2007, 07:04 PM
It is what it is, good ole scare the crap out of ya, so it won't happen to you. That's why we have very little safety accidents up here. Good thing nothing ever goes wrong in perfect land down there. I guess that's why you don't have any good videos;):D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-19-2007, 08:46 PM
Yeah, we DO get some pretty crazy ads, I've sen a few that scarred me for life back when I was young. In the mid 70's there was one that played during cartoons all the time about hitchhiking and it was friggin TERRIFYING, it keept flashing "DON'T GET IN THE CAR" with like this freaky music and all this imagery that REALLY upset me.

Another thing that I saw ONCE at a "home show" on this looped display film was this "kitchen safety" thing that was GRUESOME- I must have been like 5-6 and there were 2 scenes (thankfully short ones) that burned RIGHT into my head FOREVER- first one was someone washing out a glass, all close up, and the glass had a chip in it and the "join" between the thumb and index finger got ripped RIGHT open and tomato juice went EVERYWHERE (still leery EVERY DAMN TIME I wash dishes)- the next scene was kinda similar- overhead shot of a sink full of dishes and the person goes tograb something- unbeknowst to them the SHARPEST KNIFE IN THE UNIVERSE is sitting on the counter, jutting out over the sink- thing cuts their hand almost OFF, friggin blood FILLS the sink (tomato juice again- I still recall how it came GUSHING out all over the place). To this day I think I should be able to get compensation for that crap

Good thing nothing ever goes wrong in the US ;)

Looks like the commercials did their job mabs. I know whenever I will be on a ladder next time, I will think twice before half-arseing the job and stretching over the gutter to string the lights. And next time a waitress spills coffee on me by accident, I will handle the situation in a more positive matter. ;)

BountyHunterScum
12-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Waitresses never spill sh-t on me ever. Yall must be on planet clutz.

mabudonicus
12-20-2007, 11:12 AM
This dude CAN'T BE REAL- I've done enough nerbling in my time to know......

And in the tradition of "mabs has apprently lost his mind"... Mr.BountyHunterscum, why hnot mosey on over to the "pics" thread and see if you wanna go a few rounds with this "clutz", I would enojy it and we can take some pics of the aftermath- don't worry, I'll snap the pics since you will not be in any position to do so, and I'll send 'em to ya so you can have a memento after you're all better again

There's a few REALLY SOLID Canucks on here and saying this kind of crap is kinda dumb- if you want to prove that you are stupid, you're doing a good job, if not, then you should do some serious thinking. Heck why not join in the success overseas and make yourself useful or something.

DarthBrandon- damn dude give me a call it's been forever- NICE post there Bro ;)

Don't be trash talking Canada, seriously- play nice and I'll play nice but be an arse and expect to be treated as such kid

JON9000
12-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Don't listen to the haters. Their only happiness in life is derived from getting a rise out of decent people.

Having been to Montreal on holiday, I can state with certainty that I have never seen so scenic a town packed with as many beautiful and genuinely nice people. I was floored. I don't know if the rest of Canada is like that, but if it is, you guys have it made in the shade. I just don't know if I could handle January.

Sadly, I did not get any poutine. (For all you pervs out there, poutine is fries and gravy).

mabudonicus
12-20-2007, 02:35 PM
AHH no HAL ;)

Poutine is fries, gravy and CHEESE (I think it started out as melted cheese but got cheapened to become that "nacho" cheesey "sauce" business)

Funniest part is Elf/Frankie said the EXACT same thing reading your post and I bet by the time I hit "send" a few more Canucks will have providded the same correction ;)

BTW I don't "rise" to the haters, I just smash them to pieces- for numersou reasons I am the HAPPIEST person on earth right now and am loving EVERY second of EVERYTHING :D

JON9000
12-20-2007, 02:55 PM
I think it is supposed to be curded milk, which I think has the consistency of runny cheese. Like I said, I missed out on it, even though I stuffed myself silly with all types of food, beer and wine whilst in town. All people wanted to know when I got back was if I had some.

Glad to hear things are going well.

BountyHunterScum
12-20-2007, 07:09 PM
This dude CAN'T BE REAL- I've done enough nerbling in my time to know......

And in the tradition of "mabs has apprently lost his mind"... Mr.BountyHunterscum, why hnot mosey on over to the "pics" thread and see if you wanna go a few rounds with this "clutz", I would enojy it and we can take some pics of the aftermath- don't worry, I'll snap the pics since you will not be in any position to do so, and I'll send 'em to ya so you can have a memento after you're all better again

There's a few REALLY SOLID Canucks on here and saying this kind of crap is kinda dumb- if you want to prove that you are stupid, you're doing a good job, if not, then you should do some serious thinking. Heck why not join in the success overseas and make yourself useful or something.

DarthBrandon- damn dude give me a call it's been forever- NICE post there Bro ;)

Don't be trash talking Canada, seriously- play nice and I'll play nice but be an arse and expect to be treated as such kid

Shut the hell up already go back to the 1970's with that avatar of yours. I can trash Canada all I wish. Plenty to trash about it, too liberal and too soft on bad guys for two. I thought that having a conservative prime minister would get your a**es in gear but obviously not, still bass ackwards as usual.

plasticfetish
12-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Here's where I throw in a commment using MOD VOICE™...

Play nice and lay off the pointless trash talking, or you'll get in trouble... blah, blah, blah.

Oh yeah, and Happy Holidays!

General_Grievous
12-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Shut the hell up already go back to the 1970's with that avatar of yours. I can trash Canada all I wish. Plenty to trash about it, too liberal and too soft on bad guys for two. I thought that having a conservative prime minister would get your a**es in gear but obviously not, still bass ackwards as usual.

You know, I could say something, but it'd be quicker to wait until you get banned.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-20-2007, 08:35 PM
Back on topic; I have to ask, since maybe I'm just not getting something . . . are these ads serious, or tongue-in-cheek, or what? It's hard to tell, or maybe I'm just retarded.

mabudonicus
12-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Hey PF- on the holiday spirit, I gotta say you have been doing a DAMN fine job Bro.

So yeah SCREW the negatives, I am out of this one- serious Bro, you have a safe and fun holiday whatever the hell you get up to

Seriously, EVERYONE take care and have a good one

plasticfetish
12-20-2007, 09:16 PM
Back on topic; I have to ask, since maybe I'm just not getting something . . . are these ads serious, or tongue-in-cheek, or what? It's hard to tell, or maybe I'm just retarded.A little bit of all of that I'm sure Mr. JJL. ;)

These ads aren't a new idea. I've seen ads like these (OMG! US made ads!) from the '30s, '40s and '50s that try to scare workers into thinking smart and staying safe. The thing that these have going for them, is that they're really well made, look great and don't beat around the bush about work related "accidents."

I suppose who makes the films probably depends a lot on who's paying the medical bills when people get hurt. If you don't hear the horror stories about accidents in the US, it's probably because someone or some company would rather you didn't.

Hey PF- on the holiday spirit, I gotta say you have been doing a DAMN fine job Bro.No problem... it's all for the kids. (Yeah, now go enjoy your snow... while I enjoy more rain.)

darthvyn
12-20-2007, 09:29 PM
I can trash Canada all I wish. Plenty to trash about it, too liberal and too soft on bad guys for two.

you've got a point there. alpha flight is waaaaaay too soft on canadian evil-doers.

CaptainSolo1138
12-20-2007, 10:25 PM
you've got a point there. alpha flight is waaaaaay too soft on canadian evil-doers.Except Northstar. That dude is rock hard against the bad guys.

mabudonicus
12-20-2007, 10:38 PM
HOLY COW how ARE YOU GUYS TRASHING ALPHA FLIGHT?!?!?!?
Wasn't Puck on that team?!?!? ;)

I got a box of salt here if You, my Brothers (and my one Sister who NEVER comes here anymore) need a few grains :beard:

And yeah, seriously, I don't know about them ads at all- PF summerd it up pretty much, but thre;s a CHANCE they're "serious" and literally intended to scare "mental midgets" or something- literally like a cattleprod, painful AND/THUS effective tho SERIOUS overkill in most cases- like the mental-programming version of takin roundup to your yard to get rid of a couple weeds say

I sure as HELL know I went out of bounds last post here, sorry to those who have to deal with it, serious and MAD props to my Brothers for doing what ya'll did since

El Chuxter
12-21-2007, 12:24 AM
I understand Northstar isn't as hard on the villainesses, though. Sexism? Chivalry? I'm not sure what it is.

Slicker
12-23-2007, 09:00 PM
We have one that airs here on the Armed Forces Network. It just has these babies crying and talks about not getting upset and to just let the kid cry. It then ends with the words "Never shake your baby". For some reason I always laugh when I see it. Maybe it's because I work with this dirty, unwashed, creepy, trench coat wearing kid that's no doubts a result of baby shaking.

BTW, Canadians rawks!! At least the St. Cats ones do...:thumbsup: