PDA

View Full Version : Coolest ATOC Toy Ship?

mark2d2
02-11-2002, 06:09 PM
Okay, this hasn't been much discussed, but which is your favorite of the new vehicles? I will definitely be picking up Zam's Cruiser. I really dig the overall design, colors, and unique cockpit of this one. It's just VERY Star Wars to me.

Bravo to both Hasbro and Lucasfilm!

Which is the one you'll have to have?

Beast
02-11-2002, 06:21 PM
Zam Wesell's Vessel is pretty cool, not to mention nice sounding when said together. "Zam Wesell's Vessel" :) But back to the topic, I would have to say I like the Republic Gunship, and the Jedi Starfighter the best. Even though the gunship looks a little G.I. Joeish, I bet it will look great on film. Plus that's a prototype, I don't expect the actual released version to look that clean looking. Bring them all on though, I'll buy 1 of each. Maybe two of a couple. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

General Veers
02-11-2002, 06:34 PM
With no contest it's the Republic Gunship. It's a totally new ship that looks totally awesome, and it doubles as a carrying case.:D

PloKoon2385
02-11-2002, 06:52 PM
I agree. I like what I see of the Republic Gunship. I am looking forward to that a lot. The Slave I and the Speeders look nice too.

chewie
02-11-2002, 07:02 PM
My favorite vehicle is the jedi starfighter. Pretty good design. A bit small, but jedi don't need much anyway.

The gunship is my 2nd favorite, but it just looks a bit too much like an earthly attack helicopter with some x-wing parts attached for me to really like it that much. I think those guns/engines on top look funky too, but not too bad.

Wolfwood319
02-11-2002, 07:07 PM
Well there's no question about it, baby, the Republic Gunship, hands down. Its big, it holds figures, its cool, what more could you want?

I also like Zam's speeder, that's pretty darn spiffy as well.

InsaneJediGirl
02-11-2002, 07:11 PM
I'd have to say the Republic Gunship.Second would be Zam Wessels Vessel.Both are very interesting and nicely done pieces.

Battle Droid
02-11-2002, 07:30 PM
Jedi Starfighter.

LTBasker
02-12-2002, 03:28 AM
I think the Gunship is the best since well, it's like a GI Joe trooper carrier. It's the kind of toy that should've been released just cause for Stormtroopers. :D

I think it's like this:
1. Gunship
2. Jedi Starfighter
3. Slave 1
4. Zam's Speeder
5. Anakin's speeder (since it's nothin' real special or anything...)

JEDIpartner
02-12-2002, 07:59 AM
1. Jedi Starfighter
2. Republic Gunship
3. Zam Wesell's Speeder
4. Slave I
5. Anakin's Speeder

See? See?! SEE???!!! I DO like SOME of this stuff!!!! :crazed:

rdrunr89
02-12-2002, 08:35 AM
Here are my picks:

1) Republic Gunship.
2) Zam Wessell's Speeder
3) Jedi Starfighter
4) Slave 1
5) Anakin's Speeder

It was a toss up between the Jedi Starfighter and Slave 1. The Star Fighter looks a bit like the A-Wing (which I like) but I do like the redesign of Slave 1. The Gunship just rules.

JetsAndHeels
02-12-2002, 09:07 AM
Here's how it goes for me:
1. Jedi Starfighter
2. Republic Gunship
3. Slave I
3. Zam's speeder
4. Anakin's speeder

I also imagine they will release Anakin and his swoopbike (the Tattooine scene) later on. That would be a good one to pick up as well.

Jayspawn
02-12-2002, 11:39 AM
I like Zam Wessles ship as well. The Slave I is also pretty coool, I'm glad its not a repaint.

Tycho
02-12-2002, 01:58 PM
I have to say SLAVE-ONE!!!

With all that weaponry, plus ease of use to hold, shoot from, etc, and resculpted to fit 3 characters! Plus it's a character's ship, not just a troop carrier.

The Republic Gunship and Jedi Starfighter really, really, really do impress me. The latter - well the toy will be quite big if you compare it to the size of Obi-Wan in the cockpit in that one pic. I think THE TOY might be bigger than an A-wing - the Classic ship that hurts the Jedi Starfighter the most because of their similarities.

I could say that my favorite is wounded by it being a resculpt - but again, it's a main character's ship with a lot of personality.

As a BOBA Fett hater (I'm registered, card-carrying member of the Han Solo Fans of the Alliance [who protested The Empire Strikes Back as cruel and inhumane treatment to Friends of Wookiees], well I should have a hard time admitting I like anything to do with the Bounty Hunter Scum! But Jango Fett is way cool and heightens my insight into Kid Fett, though I still think he turns into the most major jerk in the universe. Now at least I have a little understanding of why.

But you don't have to be such a brat when Daddy left you a ship like THIS in his will. Slave-One has it hands down. It might be smaller, but I bet you it would rip apart Republic Gunships!!!

Shall we wager 4 repeating fire missles, 2 depth charges, 2 ion cannons, 2 blaster cannons, and a tractor beam system on it?

I thought so.

Tycho
02-12-2002, 02:19 PM
Actually, I want to point all of you to the Polls section where I run the SSG Battle of the Machines every Friday.

It's not going to be any big surprise that I am eventually going to pit the Episode 2 ships and vehicles in there against all the other ships and vehicles we've had in the history of collecting, but that will definitely shed some new light on the "best vehicle debate!"

The main reason I'm not putting them in matches now is that I want those fights to happen when most of us HAVE the toys so we will have played with them and can make the best determination which one is flimsy, which one has the best working play features, etc, then.

There's like 18 matches in the preliminary rounds, and 1 round per week. So I appologize for not putting the Episode 2 toys in until May, but if release dates our correct, the Republic Gunship isn't coming out until 2nd or 3rd Quarter, so it may not even qualify for the Battle of the Machines. But at least all the other vehicles will be out by then, including the TIE Bomber. Maybe I'll make special matches for the Gunship later, and then we'll see how far it goes in its class and divisions.

Anyway, I encourage everyone is this bunch to participate if you don't already do that. Go to the Polls forums. There have been 2 matches.

The X-wing defeated the TIE Fighter in "The Dog Fight"

and Sebulba's Pod is beating Anakin's pretty bad in "The Boonta Challenge."

I'm alternating classic and prequel ships as best as I can to pick the fights, as well as keeping them in their classes the best I can for the first few rounds, and doing famous movie fights where possible.

This Friday is a famous fight from The Empire Strikes Back [hint-hint] and one contestant is my own particular bet on the winner of the Title Match coming this summer!

But this is also your chance to bring up nostalgia and talk about the vehicles in their own private space and time, like right now, when you can talk about how you felt about the X-wing, TIE Fighter, and Pod Racer toys.

Anyway, appologies for the advertisement, but thought those posting in this thread would want to find out about what's going on every week over in the Polls Forum.

Fight on!

Beast
02-12-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
As a BOBA Fett hater (I'm registered, card-carrying member of the Han Solo Fans of the Alliance [who protested The Empire Strikes Back as cruel and inhumane treatment to Friends of Wookiees], well I should have a hard time admitting I like anything to do with the Bounty Hunter Scum! But Jango Fett is way cool and heightens my insight into Kid Fett, though I still think he turns into the most major jerk in the universe. Now at least I have a little understanding of why.

Oh my god, now you are really scaring me Tycho. Are you sure you arn't my long lost twin brother? We agree and think the same on so much stuff it's eerie. I also feel a similar dislike for Boba Fett as you have. He was way overrated. I agree, Jango Fett is turning out to be 100 times cooler then Boba ever was. I guess Boba really got all moody jaded trying to live up to the greatness of his daddy. :D But you know alot of Star Wars fans, they look beyond the charecter and just like them for how cool they look. Same reason Aurra (yawn) Sing is so populer, she's a mysterious person with no past that EU has made into this great former padawan turned bounty hunter. Boba Fett is a jerk, but thankfully the prequels will start to answer why.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Ovori
02-12-2002, 02:40 PM
The speeders don't intrest me...

But the rest I like!!!

So hard...

1) Slave-1 (waited a long time for that one, re-tooled)
2) Jedi Starfighter (X-wing and Naboo fighter all over again)
3) Gunship is gonna rule so big and fun... Yes now an army of Clone fodder doe's look fun to have...

JediTricks
02-13-2002, 06:17 AM
All of 'em, ther doesn't appear to be a bad one in the lot. If I had to decide an order:

5- Republic Gunner
4- Zam's Speeder
3- Ani's Speeder
2- Jedi Starfighter
1- Slave I

This is a really close group though, I think Hasbro did a great job (from the pics, we'll see about how they are when I get them in my grubby claws ;)).