PDA

View Full Version : Master Replicas 2008

Jayspawn
12-19-2007, 01:15 PM
MR has just sent in their recent newsletter, information for 2008 including product releases, which as its been announced will not include Star Wars. They do have some great items in tap worth mentioning. Without further ado, the list...

STAR TREK

Assult Phaser LE
Tricorder LE (from Next Generation)
and many more classic and new items, including products from the upcoming film!

NINTENDO

Zelda Power FX Sword
1:1 Ocarina of Time LE
1:1 Majora's Mask LE
3 Sets of Twilight Princess Scaled Replicas

HALO

Halo 3 FX Plasma Sword
Halo 3 Scaled Replica Weapons
Halo 3 Scaled Replica Helmet
Halo 3 18" Articulated Master Chief Figure

JAMES BOND

The Golden Gun LE
The Golden Gun SE
Underwater Breather LE (from Die Another Day)
Wrist Dart Gun LE (from Moonraker)

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA

1:1 Colonial Pilot Helmet Replica LE (Original Series)
1:1 Colonial Pilot Helmet Replica SE (Original Series)
1:1 Cylon Helmet Replica LE (Original Series)

DISNEY CLASSICS

Snow White 3-D Movie Poster
Pinocchio 3-D Movie Poster
Fantasia 3-D Movie Poster
Dumbo 3-D Movie Poster

THE MUPPETS

Set of 5 "Muppets Moments" Figurines -- feat. The Electric Mayhem Band
Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet

KINGDOM HEARTS

1:1 Scale Keyblade Replica
4 Scaled Keyblade Replicas
Set of Kingdom Hearts Resin Mini Busts

and much, much more!!! Stay tuned for future updates!

As I said, pretty good list. Its been mentioned on other boards they also have some collectibles releated to The Beatles -which I'm eager to find about. The Fozzie Puppet should be very cool.

Now personally, I'm REALLY excited about......The Golden Gun Signature Edition. I'm sure Christopher Lee is especially happy about signing these. Dont think I'll be able to pass on this one.

Damn! Damn! Damn!

plasticfetish
12-20-2007, 09:14 PM
Some very cool stuff on that list! Always excited to see more Star Trek props. The Bond stuff will be awesome, and I'm pretty excited about seeing the Battlestar Galactica and Nintendo props as well.

The Halo 3 articulated figure has me intrigued. Curious to see what that is.

Jayspawn
12-21-2007, 12:00 PM
I wonder if MR would be able to get Roger Moore to do a Signature Edition Walther PPK? Time will tell on that one.

Jayspawn
02-01-2008, 10:56 PM
The end of Master Replicas and Star Wars has started today for me with the arrival of the Luke Skywalker V2 Signature Edition Lightsaber.

1st impression: WOW! The detailing on this is incredible! Originally I've never liked the V2 but having seen it at Celebration IV this last May -I was sold. The story behind the prop is interesting too. Since this was MR's last lightsaber, I went out with a bang and ordered the Signature Edition signed of course by Mark Hamill. This is actually my 2nd Signature Edition by MR but certainly the most $$$.

My other last MR items have been shipped so the mail should get real interesting soon. But this is great start of the end.

decadentdave
02-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Just got my 501st Legion helm today and with that marks my final Master Replicas purchase and the end of an era. It was a good 5 years.

My impressions of the helm, I was very surprised to see full dirt weathering and rust marks around the comlinks. From the initial pre-order picture it appeared to be the same as the clean version with just scratches on the stripe. So glad I passed on the clean version.

My only nitpicks is that the shade of blue on the stripe is not accurate. It's too dull, not the correct shade of blue. Also the weathering looks airbrushed rather hastily, not as detailed or as realistic looking as the Fett helm but considering we at least got a weathered 501st helm out of this license before it ended, I'm okay with it.

So long to the fine folks at MR for 5 years of great products and a special thanks for all the freebies that are part of my cherished collection and most of all, for graciously picking me as a contest winner and having the opportunity to meet the staff and for the trip to Skywalker Ranch. I will never forget it.

As for eFX, we'll see what they have to offer and if I can afford it. It's going to be hard to follow in the footsteps of a once great company that left behind an incredible legacy of products. I wish them the best of luck.

Jayspawn
02-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Congrats on that helmet dave! I passed in liu of the Boba and Stormie.

Anyways, I got my Mara Jade SE lightsaber. Havnt set it up yet but it looked great on inspection.

I'm curious to see what EfX will have to show at ComiCon this year. Carbonite Han Solo is #1 on my list.

decadentdave
02-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Have they confirmed a Solo in Carbonite? I already have the Illusive one so I don't need one. I'd be really surprised if they do one because it would devalue the Illusive one. It usually goes for between $2000-$3000 on ebay.

Jayspawn
02-08-2008, 02:25 PM
eFX hasnt confirmed anything.

I dont have the IL Carbonite Han and have always wanted one. I've tried to get one of Ebay -but its a popular item for people to run scams on so its not easy to purchase one.

Jayspawn
02-25-2008, 12:19 AM
MR/Corgi was showing off the Golden Gun from the 997 movie -looked pretty sweet. Cant wait to see the actual offer.