PDA

View Full Version : College Football 2007

Tycho
12-23-2007, 02:42 AM
I hope I didn't miss the thread. I usually don't watch sports to being with, (except I attend a lot of live Padres homegames) and watch some NFL on TV, but the end of the UCLA vs. BYU game tonight was something else.

BYU won 17-16 when UCLA was trying to kick only 18 yards for the winning field goal in the last 3 seconds. They actually got in there and blocked the Bruins' kick by the fingertips only, but it was enough.

1 point! Geeze. I only paid attention the 4th Quarter (I was in a bar) but that got really tense in the last 5 minutes of the game or so. Well, actually the whole game was probably tense but I don't know for how long the score was that close. I'm going to have to watch some more college ball - or go to San Diego State's games next year (my alma matter).

Slicker
12-23-2007, 04:37 PM
(I was in a bar)Did ya throw up in this one? :p

Tycho
12-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Did ya throw up in this one? :p

LOL. No but I should have after UCLA lost their game that way. :p

Slicker
12-23-2007, 08:22 PM
LOL. No but I should have after UCLA lost their game that way. :pI'd make fun of you for being a UCLA fan but since I'm a Michigan fan I think my "making fun of other peoples teams" card has been revoked for a couple of years...

Even though the team which I will not name that they lost to in the first game went on to win there THIRD championship game...

Tycho
12-23-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm not really a UCLA fan, it's just they're a California team, so...

It's not saying a lot to remind people that my alma matter is San Diego State versus if I went to LSU for example.

This also illustrates why I normally don't care about college ball, but lately I've been finding it entertaining. My story takes place in Louisiana, so maybe I ought to become a LSU fan anyway? I was there after all.

Slicker
12-23-2007, 09:13 PM
Don't you DARE jump on the LSU bandwagon, Tycho! There are far too many people that are doing that nowadays.

I like college football because these kids play there hearts out. They aren't like there big brother professional players that get paid regardless so don't have to play fully. They don't get paid and they WANT to get paid so they put everything they have into it to make it to the next level.

2-1B
12-23-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm on the LSU bandwagon but ONLY because Columbus is a wh**e, so I don't want the Suckeyes to win a game they don't deserve to be in again.

Tycho, if you ever have the misfortune of being kicked out of a bar for being sick, just blame it on UCLA...maybe they will be more sympathetic to your plight. :grin:

Tycho
12-23-2007, 11:56 PM
I like college football because these kids play there hearts out. They aren't like there big brother professional players that get paid regardless so don't have to play fully. They don't get paid and they WANT to get paid so they put everything they have into it to make it to the next level.

That was a really good quote. It shows a lot of understanding and admiration for the right reasons.

You should use that in a signature line for a while. I'm serious.