PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Wave 3 Titaniums.

Battle Droid
12-28-2007, 09:12 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/Titanium_Series_2.jpg
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/Titanium_Series_1.jpg

T-16 Skyhopper
Red & orange Jedi Starfighter
Naboo Royal Cruiser
181st Tie Interceptor

JediTricks
12-29-2007, 03:50 AM
T-16 looks very small next to that Jedi Starfighter, I hope it's not to scale. The Royal Cruiser looks very good though.

LTBasker
12-29-2007, 04:16 AM
If you look closely around the tip of the T-16's turret, you can see that it's a seperate image, the border is just very faint.

I don't understand the orange/red version of the Jedi Starfighter, and it looks like they're rereleasing Mace's?

Anyhoo, the T-16 looks cool and the Naboo Cruiser is flippin awesome, I can't wait to get that!

JediTricks
12-29-2007, 04:56 AM
Good call, I see that now, those are 3 separate pics, clear differences at the shading ending on their borders.

I believe the orange JSF is going to be Saesee Tiin's Ep 3 JSF.

Jangu Fett
12-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Those look great, I really like the crazy JSF colors.

As for it being Saesee Tiin's, I doubt it, but who knows. In the second season of Clone Wars, Tinn's JSF had orange wings and green painted on the front. This one looks to psychadelic to be a jedi's ship, but it does look wild.

mtriv73
01-02-2008, 10:47 AM
They do look pretty nice, but what worries me is the $7.99 suggested price in the pictures. A $2 jump over the last 2 years is enough to make me quit collecting these.

JediTricks
01-04-2008, 04:20 AM
The pics are from a Diamond Distribution catalog, it's how much they'll be at comic shops, not regular retail. That's not the MSRP.

mtriv73
01-04-2008, 06:33 PM
That's very good to know...thanks JT.

Darth Duranium
01-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Happy New Year, Y'all!

Just saw a posting on RS and The Private Universe referring to Hasbro's plans for 2008; it said "Indiana Jones Titanium Series Waves (are) TBC"... assume this means TO BE CONFIRMED.
Very interesting. I'd guess somebody will find out at Toyfare and tell us the scoop.

The report also said:

TITANIUM STAR WARS 3” VEHICLES WAVE 5
Tatooine Skiff - March 2008
AT-OT
Ep2 Jedi Star Fighter with Warp Ring
Millenium Falcon (2005)
Camo Scout on Speeder Bike
WAVE 6 - June 2008
WAVE 7 - October 2008
WAVE 8 - November 2008

Stoked about some of the new waves coming from Hasbro in the SW & BSG TS lines ... the Skyhopper, the Mon Calimari, the Galactica, and the AT-OT are my personal faves...

Looks like we can skip trying to find an Atlas Royal Cruiser... the TS one looks more accurate, too. Not so bulbous. Stoked about this one. Now how about an Episode II Naboo Yacht...

I'm finally gonna start skipping some of these releases, though. Frack being a completist. lol The repaints are completely out of hand! The Nacho Cheese Dipped JSF will be a tough sell for me.

Darth Duranium
01-13-2008, 04:48 PM
BTW, Hasbro's calling the new JSF the "Hotrod" version and they're calling the 181st TIE Interceptor "Baron Fel's".

Jangu Fett
01-14-2008, 04:31 PM
What interests me about the list is the Indy Die-Cast palysets. Yet none for SW?

Darth Duranium
01-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Rebelscum posted new pics:
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Whats_Next_For_Titanium_Series_111504.asp

Gotta say the Hotrod JSF looks pretty cool in these shots... I'm finally sold on it. I didn't realize that Fonzie was a Jedi. Go greased lightning, burning up the galaxy....

The Naboo Cruiser looks a little rough in the edge-on view... must have flown through some Mynocks or something. Looks good from the top shot... wide load!

Looks like Baron Fel must have had a lot of malt liquor before he tagged his stripe... a little messy on this one.

The T-16 looks a little spartan... maybe a wamp rat ate some of the paint detail off. It's still ok, tho.

I'm gonna skip the other two... just how many AT-ST's are they gonna bang out in a short period ...not too bright, Hasbro. Mace's JSF is an uninspiring repack, too.

Looks like 2008 is gonna be repack city.

Darth Michael
01-14-2008, 09:59 PM
While I do appreciate some of the repaints (especially the weathered versions which always look better in my opinion), I am growing a bit weary. Baron Fel's Interceptor? Really?

I could actually stand a couple of older repacks. Mace Windu's JSF was quite hard to find in these parts. I normally get two of everything, but I only ever found one Windu JSF (with a dented bubble no less). So, I'm quite looking forward to the Windu JSF. Of course, I'm dismayed to see *two* JSF's in a *single* wave.

Don't worry about the bland T-16. There'll be a repaint shortly...

JediTricks
01-15-2008, 05:34 PM
The T-16's gun is huge, but the ship itself looks to be tiny.

Bar
01-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Gotta say the Hotrod JSF looks pretty cool in these shots... I'm finally sold on it. I didn't realize that Fonzie was a Jedi. Go greased lightning, burning up the galaxy....
Dude, that is hilarious!!!
Bar.

Ham Salad
01-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Mace's fighter appears to be a much brighter shade of purple on this release.