PDA

View Full Version : Confused about 4-LOM

jjreason
12-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Dear Hasbro, why the heck wouldn't you have waited to put this guy out on a Vintage card? NO ONE will want to buy a more-expensive repack. If you had made him vintage first, everyone would have been glad to buy him as a basic figure later! I can't imagine you'll go back and resculpt or rework this guy any time soon, the new figure is about as good a job as could be done.

Too bad, but I guess that's one ESB vintage card I won't be getting. :sad:

Signed, Confused in Cambridge.

DarkArtist
12-29-2007, 09:21 AM
unless they resculpt the leg to make him stand better and package him with that original gun from the Kenner line.

Beast
12-29-2007, 09:31 AM
Plus they have to package him and Zuckess on the wrong cards. ;)

jjreason
12-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Plus they have to package him and Zuckess on the wrong cards. ;)

Yeah, wrong names anyhow. That would have been the real kicker - to release this figure on the Zuckuss card. :thumbsup:

Beast
12-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Yeah, wrong names anyhow. That would have been the real kicker - to release this figure on the Zuckuss card. :thumbsup:
Yeah, my bad. I meant wrong names. I think that's probably why we won't see 4-LOM or Zuckess in the Vintage line. As it would just cause massive confusion for the people who don't know or remember that their names were screwed up.

jjreason
12-29-2007, 12:03 PM
I would still prefer to have them than not have them on vintage cards... the corrected/non-corrected stuff doesn't matter to me as much as the photos. I love displaying them after I take the figures out... the rest of my packaging just goes into the recycling.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Now I'm confused. I don't recall there being an announcement of a Vintage 4-LOM. There isn't even going to be Vintage next year. If you are just saying you wish they had waited and put him on a Vintage card, then I don't think that is too much to be concerned about. I've not received mine yet, but this 4-LOM appears to be a very good figure. Plus, as has already been pointed out, a Vintage card would have the wrong name. I'm just happy to get new and/or improved figures whether they be basic, vintage or part of a multipack.

jjreason
12-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Nah, what I was saying MSP is that I wish they'd put him out on a vintage card because now I don't think we'll get a vintage version of this character (this figure was good enough, but didn't make the cut I guess like Bossk and IG88 did this past year). I'd like to have as many of those vintage cardbacks as possible, that's my main concern.

2-1B
12-30-2007, 01:46 PM
a vintage Bounty Hunter gift set would be cool if they did all 6 of those sirs.

Even Dengar. lol

JediTricks
12-30-2007, 04:54 PM
This figure isn't vintage-style quality, it doesn't have the tight sculpting tolerances that line enjoys, and it doesn't have the detailed paint that line has. Nosir, I don't think this figure should have been on a vintage card, and I'm glad they didn't make me pay extra for it to be so.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Articulation-wise, it is excellent. Overall, it seems like a pretty solid figure, one of the better TAC figures of the year.

jjreason
12-30-2007, 05:25 PM
This figure isn't vintage-style quality, it doesn't have the tight sculpting tolerances that line enjoys, and it doesn't have the detailed paint that line has. Nosir, I don't think this figure should have been on a vintage card, and I'm glad they didn't make me pay extra for it to be so.

JT - compared to the sculpts on Vintage ANH Luke, C3PO and Princess Leia, this figure is a CLEAR winner. I don't see the deficiencies you mention in sculpt, and they could have added one more wash of bronze/copper paint in spots to make it more "worth" the money. For me, that figure on the vintage card is a guaranteed seller!

JediTricks
12-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Compare it to Bossk and IG-88, the Snowtrooper, or anything mechanical (except that VOTC 3PO which sucks), not something organic, and it'll come up very short.

jjreason
12-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Just thinking in terms of the 3 Bounty Hunters from the vintage line, he'd be behind those by most accounts (though I'm not one of those who feels vintage Fett is flawless).

This is a better figure than Saga Bossk, and is more articulated than Saga Dengar - who I'd argue could have come out on a vintage card as well. Like I said above, getting the nicer figures super - but I'm happy with a "pretty good" figure on the vintage card; to me both this 4-LOM and the last Dengar are good enough. Dengar could conceivably be re-done with a bit more articulation, but how much better, really, can 4-LOM get?

Looking at all the "higher grade" figures we've gotten over the past few years (I'm including the Early Bird & Evolutions sets in with the vintage) this 4-LOM would likely rank in the bottom half, but wouldn't be the worst of the lot by a fair margin.

I don't really want to buy another 4-LOM, so I'll be disappointed if the do another upgrade in the near future (like they did with Bossk - I resent having bought the Saga version). If this 4-LOM is the "ultimate" version, I'd have preferred him on the vintage card.

Desfiy
12-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Ok I understand what your saying, however if they do bring him out on a Vintage Card and theres no discernable difference, just do what I plan on doing and get the card, I am sure someone will sell the card.

I am a loose collector and I collect the cards from the Modern Vintage Line, I plan on displaying them when I get my star wars room completed.