PDA

View Full Version : BIG Custom-Built Ride for My Hasbro Jawas

DARKLORD_67
12-30-2007, 01:43 AM
Earlier this summer, I went up to my collection room and spent some time admiring my horde of Hasbro Jawas.* Im not entirely sure why, but I just LOVE those little buggers!

I decided that I wanted to see what my new little scavengers would look like in a makeshift droid auction in front of their Sandcrawler.

So I pulled my Vintage Kenner Radio Controlled Jawa Sandcrawler down off the shelf, posed a bunch of Hasbro droids and Jawa action figures around it... and my heart sank.

That tiny, dinky, out-of-scale, pathetic Sandcrawler looked ridiculous next to my Jawas!* I mean, I loved this Sandcrawler as a kid, but now it just wasnt working for me.

Anyone that knows ME (and my severe STAR WARS Collector mental illness) knows that I could NOT allow that to stand!!

I immediately got in touch with a model builder friend from South America and commissioned him to build me an all-NEW Jawa Sandcrawler toy in correct scale to Hasbro's 3-3/4 inch figures!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/SandcrawlerImage1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/SandcrawlerImage2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/SandcrawlerImage4.jpg

The stats on my Custom-built Sandcrawler:

SIZE

This custom Jawa Sandcrawler's measurements are 29 inches (2-1/2 FEET) in height, and 61 inches (5.1 Feet) in length!

PLAY FEATURES

The Jawa Sandcrawler features a removable side panel for access to the crawler's "ore-processing room", a removable top panel for access to the detailed Main Control Overbridge , and a front loading main ramp into the main hold, and working interior / exterior lights.

LOCOMOTION:

For an additional fee, I have commissioned to have this toy fully converted into a rolling, functioning, steerable RC toy with working treads! (Just like the Lucasfilm model)

For the conversion, we are using the electronic rolling treads from a 1/12th scale RC german tank as the functioning RC platform. There will be one PAIR of rolling treads at each of the Crawler's 4 corners (that's 8 total treads).

We are using the working treads and RC electronics from this RC tank:

http://www.trendtimes.com/rcta1sc212fe.html

Because of the Sancrawler's considerable size and weight, it will roll somewhat slower than the tank seen in this video link.* The RC tank's black rubber treads will be modified to more accurately resemble the Sandcrawler's simpler flat pattern.

CONSTRUCTION:

This custom Sandcrawler toy is made of 1/4 inch thick hardboard, plastic, fibergass, and magnetic links (to hold removable panels in place). It's considerably heavy (about 25 lbs).

DARKLORD_67
12-30-2007, 01:48 AM
Well... my custom-built Sandcrawler finally arrived three weeks ago, and the early pictures DID NOT do it justice.

First of all, this Sandcrawler is HUGE. You just don't realize just HOW huge it is until you see her it in person..

My best guess is that it weighs in the neigborhood of 25 pounds.

My vintage Kenner Jawa Sandcrawler looks like a Micro Machines dinky toy next to this Custom Sandcrawler. The Control room on the tiny Kenner Crawler fits only ONE modern Comm tech styled Jawa standing at the controls... OR maybe 2 vintage Kenner Jawas.

Just for laughs, I tried to see how many Jawas I could fit up in the main control room on my new big Sandcrawler. I placed 18 Jawas from one of my vinyl collector cases into the control room. There was plenty of room to spare!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/SandcrawlerCockpit.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/SANDCRAWLERControlRoom.jpg

The interior lighting details add a whole lotta fun too. There are two working lights in the front loading ramp bay, and one working light in the main side compartment.

The main front loading ramp bay looks like it could hold my CAT!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/SandcrawlerOpenRamp.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/SandcrawlerMainHold.jpg

The panel scribing detail is really most impressive on this crawler. Perfectly straight and clean. I've never seen anything like it outside of a production Hasbro STAR WARS toy.

And the kit bash detailing is outta this world.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/SandcrawlerTable2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/SandcrawlerTop-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/SandcrawlerTop2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/SANDCRAWLERTreads.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/SandcrawlerTable.jpg

JediTricks
12-30-2007, 05:29 PM
That's wild! I cannot imagine where one would put that, but it's amazing none the less. How much was the shipping on something this big from South America?

2-1B
12-30-2007, 05:53 PM
WOW !!!!!! That's one of the coolest SW things I've ever seen. Amazing. :cool:

Jargo
12-30-2007, 08:18 PM
does it have the stairway into the interior on the right side?

stillakid
12-30-2007, 08:59 PM
Exceedingly cool. How much to build? How much to ship? How much to shelter and feed? ;)

Are there visiting hours?

Kidhuman
12-30-2007, 09:14 PM
That is a great build. It is awesome.

El Chuxter
12-31-2007, 12:04 AM
Wow.

That is beautiful. Simply beautiful. The images were almost enough to bring a tear to my eye.

I wonder if Hasbro realizes we'd all buy something like that for $200. Even those of us who have stopped collecting. And who have no room. Trivial things like that have no meaning in the face of this monument.

Truly, that is a work of art.

DARKLORD_67
12-31-2007, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys!

To answer some questions:

1) Not counting the LABOR of the upcoming conversion into a motorized RC toy, this Sandcrawler has so far cost $2200 shipped. Shipping was $200 from Chile. The Crawler itself was $1,200 (winning e-bay bid), and the rest was spent on the HUGE scale RC military tanks that will be used in the Sandcrawler's RC conversion.

This was all a bargain because this Sandcrawler is normally about $3000 (before shipping).

I'm going to really have to bite the big one for the 5-1/2 FOOT LONG Jabba The Hutt Sailbarge that I'm ordering from the South American builders in time for spring 2008.

2) The stairway to the interior of the Sandcrawler DOES exist on this toy. However it does not "go" anywhere (as in up inside the main body of the Sandcrawler). It's basically just a manually operated slide-open hatch door and a small ladder for Jawas that you can prop up. Purely cosmetic. I guess in that way, it's kinda like the fake graphics wall inside the various Kenner / Hasbro Millennium Falcon toys.

3) Shelter? Well it does require quite a bit of that! Right now it's sitting on a six-foot long folding banquet table in the middle of my collection room.

It is awating a custom-sized corrugated cardboard box and inserts that I've ordered especially for its storage.

4) Feed? Yes, this Sandcrawler eats approximately 50-60 Jawas (Modern Hasbro POTF 2, Commtech, OTC, or TAC) or 70-80 "teeny Jawas" (Vintage Kenner) Fortunately it does not digest the Jawas. Instead, it just savors them and then spits them back out.

5) Visiting Hours: Yes. By appointment only. If you are in the New York City metropolitan area "Sandy" (and the rest of my insane STAR WARS toy collection DO receive visitors) This is a FREE service since "Sandy" is a real people crawler (and I'm happy to share).:thumbsup:

DARKLORD_67
12-31-2007, 12:47 AM
I wonder if Hasbro realizes we'd all buy something like that for $200. Even those of us who have stopped collecting. And who have no room. Trivial things like that have no meaning in the face of this monument.

You're preachin' to the choir, good buddy. Clearly, I likes my toys BIG!!

In fact, I've been engaged in some RAGING debates with other collectors on other message boards over a close-to-correct-scale electronic Millennium Falcon toy that I've been pushing for.

I described an accurately-sculpted / proportioned toy that was 4-1/2 FEET long (three foot diameter saucer with a pair of 1-1/2 FOOT long mandibles that assemble attach on).

The ship would have the circular corridor going to the various locations seen in the films, and it would feature a cockpit that could actually hold FOUR figures. There would be TWO gunner stations separated by a vertical ladder at the ship's core, an upper hatch, and a retractable "quick getaway" light blaster on the ship's underside.

The toy would sit on 5 retractable landing gear.

Sounds pretty cool, huh? And I'm CERTAIN it would be a HUGE seller for Hasbro.

Well everybody and their mother gave me crap about how they're happy with their current "dinky" Hasbro Falcons, or how they didn't have the money or space for a 4-1/2 foot long Falcon toy costing $250 - $400 dollars.

Very frustrating.

I'm just glad that I own one of those 6 FOOT long Toys R Us Millennium Falcon Extraordinaire store displays.

With Hasbro's awesome newer Big-Winged Tie Fighters, I would HATE to have a Millennium Falcon toy that is smaller than the Tie Fighters attacking it.:rolleyes:

JediTricks
12-31-2007, 04:53 PM
Wow.

That is beautiful. Simply beautiful. The images were almost enough to bring a tear to my eye.

Truly, that is a work of art.They'd have to sell it as a coffee table. :p The amount of tooling for something this big would be staggering, even if they shipped it 100% unassembled they'd still probably have to charge more like $750 for it. It'd have to be tooled in many sections, and that tooling couldn't be multiple-cavity unless they found a specialized manufacturer - and then the tooling would be lost if they split with that firm or if the firm had a fire or something - so it'd take 8 times as long to make a normal run of them.

1) Not counting the LABOR of the upcoming conversion into a motorized RC toy, this Sandcrawler has so far cost $2200 shipped. Shipping was $200 from Chile. The Crawler itself was $1,200 (winning e-bay bid), and the rest was spent on the HUGE scale RC military tanks that will be used in the Sandcrawler's RC conversion.Daaang, $200 shipping is alone a wild statement. I can't wait to see video of this thing rolling along just like the Lucasfilm prop, only better because you can drive it right up to Owen and Luke's feet. :D

I'm going to really have to bite the big one for the 5-1/2 FOOT LONG Jabba The Hutt Sailbarge that I'm ordering from the South American builders in time for spring 2008.Where's the "jealous" smilie??? That sounds friggin' cool!

In fact, I've been engaged in some RAGING debates with other collectors on other message boards over a close-to-correct-scale electronic Millennium Falcon toy that I've been pushing for.

I described an accurately-sculpted / proportioned toy that was 4-1/2 FEET long (three foot diameter saucer with a pair of 1-1/2 FOOT long mandibles that assemble attach on).

The ship would have the circular corridor going to the various locations seen in the films, and it would feature a cockpit that could actually hold FOUR figures. There would be TWO gunner stations separated by a vertical ladder at the ship's core, an upper hatch, and a retractable "quick getaway" light blaster on the ship's underside.

The toy would sit on 5 retractable landing gear.

Sounds pretty cool, huh? And I'm CERTAIN it would be a HUGE seller for Hasbro.Oh yeah, I've always dreamed of something like that. Unfortunately, for mass-production, it'd either have to be vacuu-formed which means a lower quality of detailing, or TONS of pieces to be assembled, and very very expensive in the tooling department (my step-dad is a veteran toolmaker for everything from medical to aerospace). If you look at the Attakus Falcon diorama, that seems like the right scale but they only give a sliver of the ship.

Well everybody and their mother gave me crap about how they're happy with their current "dinky" Hasbro Falcons, or how they didn't have the money or space for a 4-1/2 foot long Falcon toy costing $250 - $400 dollars.Bah! Anybody satisfied with that 30-year-old mold is deluding themselves. I dig the new light-up hyperdrive on the Hasbro retool, but the thing is too small, has a lot of wasted unused space, and terrible detailing.

Exhaust Port
12-31-2007, 06:16 PM
Simply "WOW". That thing is amazing and must be a killer conversation piece in your collection.

Does the builder have a website of his other work? I too am curious about the Sailbarge.

DARKLORD_67
12-31-2007, 07:09 PM
Bah! Anybody satisfied with that 30-year-old mold is deluding themselves. I dig the new light-up hyperdrive on the Hasbro retool, but the thing is too small, has a lot of wasted unused space, and terrible detailing.

Clearly a man of fine discerning tastes.

Does the builder have a website of his other work? I too am curious about the Sailbarge.

They used to have a website when the small independent toy company that they had formed still existed (about 4 years ago). But they have since disbanded, and the partners have gone their separate ways.

The builder I was in touch with for the Sandcrawler (and the upcoming Sailbarge) is one of the former partners. He speaks and writes only in spanish and cranks out maybe 3 of these vehicles a year.

We've only communicated via e-mail.

He's a nice guy, but honestly, communication with him is often sporatic seeing as he does not return e-mails in a timely manner. But he does eventually respond.

I can only imagine what it would be like to deal with him in english.

I don't mind telling you I was pretty nervous with this high-end expensive purchase right up until the moment the Sandcrawler was in my hands.

JediTricks
01-04-2008, 03:33 AM
I bet you were nervous, that's quite the risk!

Any chance this is one of the guys who works on Sideshow's line? They said at the con this year that they use several designers and sculptors from South America.

DARKLORD_67
01-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Any chance this is one of the guys who works on Sideshow's line? They said at the con this year that they use several designers and sculptors from South America.

Really? I had no idea. The next time I communicte with him, I'll ask him.

jjreason
01-06-2008, 09:18 AM
It's..... unreal. I always imagined the Kenner-provided Sandcrawler as a scaled-down "Scout Crawler" that would be used to collect stuff and bring it back to the main transport.... seeing this makes me really, really want the main transport. Maybe I can sell our van... :sur:

Neuroleptic
01-06-2008, 09:48 AM
My only question is, dose that guy biuld full scale At-Ats?

DARKLORD_67
01-06-2008, 01:06 PM
My only question is, dose that guy biuld full scale At-Ats?

Well, I have no idea if he takes any medication or drugs of any kind when he biulds one of these vehicles, so I cannot comment on what dose he would take. Besides which, I'm not even sure what "biuld" means.:D:D:thumbsup::thumbsup::D:D

However, the good news is that he does enjoy STAR WARS vehicles. So there's a good chance that an AT-AT is one of the ones he will build. I'll inquire when I next communicate with him.

It's..... unreal. I always imagined the Kenner-provided Sandcrawler as a scaled-down "Scout Crawler" that would be used to collect stuff and bring it back to the main transport.

I know what you mean. As I kid, I was always un-satisfied with the size of the Kenner RC Jawa Sandcrawler. Everything about it felt overly... comical to me. Even the Kenner TV commercial was silly, with its depiction of a single miniscule Jawa carrying a captured Death Star Droid to the vehicle.:rolleyes:

Seeing this makes me really, really want the main transport. Maybe I can sell our van... :sur:

Well that's good because you'll probably have to store this custom Jawa Sandcrawler where the van used to be.:D

On a more sincere note, The JAWA SANDCRAWLER doesn't get nearly enough attention and accolades as one of the vehicles of the original STAR WARS trilogy.

And I was gratified to see a pair of the behemoths making a brief appearence in STAR WARS Episode II: Attack of the Clones.

I can still remember my first viewing of A New Hope back in 1977 as a 10 year old boy. When the Jawas captured R2-D2 and hauled him away, I was certainly very nervous for our little astro-droid friend.

But when they carried him over the crest of that rocky incline and revealed the great Sandcrawler waiting in the distance, I was blown away.

There was something beautiful and yet distinctly threatening about that enormous machine sitting in the dim twilight of the Tatooine desert. With its mighty treads and sharp, angular, rusted features, it certainly made a powerful impression... one that will stay with me forever.

I am SO excited to own this Sandcrawler. And I have no doubt that it will become one of the major certerpieces and points of interest to visitors of my collection.

El Chuxter
01-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Could he make a scale model of a Sanda Aqua Creature? Or (dare I ask?) the Death Star?

(I kid, because I figured once that an accurate Sando Aqua would be bigger than most SUVs. The Death Star many times that size.)

DARKLORD_67
01-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Could he make a scale model of a Sanda Aqua Creature? Or (dare I ask?) the Death Star?

(I kid, because I figured once that an accurate Sando Aqua would be bigger than most SUVs. The Death Star many times that size.)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I think reasonably, for a Death Star Battle Station toy that is correctly scaled for our 3-3/4 inch figures, you'd need a GIANT structure with the MASS and internal SQUARE FOOTAGE of an entire office building! It would have to be 50-60 stories tall, and I'm not even sure that's big enough!

Unfortunately, I don't know of too many collectors that could fit a collectible like THAT in their collection rooms, so don't expect to see this as a Hasbro product anytime soon.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

JediTricks
01-06-2008, 08:01 PM
If we go by the numbers from the official site's 120km diameter listing (the Incredible Cross-Sections claims 160km, but it's not as official), then a scale model of the Death Star for the figures would be just over 6.5km in diameter, which is around 4 miles. That's not too bad, you'd just have to find someplace to leave a sphere that'd be big enough to span from Santa Monica to Beverly Hills.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-07-2008, 09:57 PM
If we go by the numbers from the official site's 120km diameter listing (the Incredible Cross-Sections claims 160km, but it's not as official), then a scale model of the Death Star for the figures would be just over 6.5km in diameter, which is around 4 miles. That's not too bad, you'd just have to find someplace to leave a sphere that'd be big enough to span from Santa Monica to Beverly Hills.
I smell a build-a-playset opportunity . . .

El Chuxter
01-08-2008, 10:34 AM
If every resculpt of Tatooine Luke and Darth Vader had come with a piece, we'd already have a scale Death Star.

DarthQuack
01-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Sweet job on the Sandcrawler....really nice job.

JediTricks
01-08-2008, 09:16 PM
I smell a build-a-playset opportunity . . .
Oh, I agree, it should be much easier if we break it up into 1km chunks.

Slicker
01-08-2008, 09:49 PM
That things amazing. The sheer size alone is killer but the price tag is even more killer!

Yikes!!

jediguy
01-14-2008, 10:29 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, Darklord 67!!
that is the most wonderful star wars custom, EVER!

jealousy is the shadow of greed, and now I find myself tempted to walk the dark path.....

excellent functional, practical art you have there

please keep us up to date on all of your projects!

stillakid
01-14-2008, 11:55 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, Darklord 67!!
that is the most wonderful star wars custom, EVER!

jealousy is the shadow of greed, and now I find myself tempted to walk the dark path.....

excellent functional, practical art you have there

please keep us up to date on all of your projects!

I don't know, but I thought that was really bold of you to say.

stillakid
01-14-2008, 11:56 PM

Santa Monica Blvd? It might be wide enough. Though it could screw up traffic.

JediTricks
01-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Well, it's a sphere, so it'd rest on at least Santa Monica blvd to Wilshire.

JON9000
02-07-2008, 03:09 PM
It's been awhile since I poked my head in here.

This thing is far and away the greatest custom I have ever seen. It is truly a work of art and a wonderful piece.

DARKLORD_67
02-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the kind words, good buddy!

If you're interested, I've posted some photos of my STAR WARS TOY COLLECTION ROOM (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=5120&page=2)

There are some pretty good photos of the rest of my collecton and some other customs as well.

timmae
02-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the kind words, good buddy!

If you're interested, I've posted some photos of my STAR WARS TOY COLLECTION ROOM (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=5120&page=2)

There are some pretty good photos of the rest of my collecton and some other customs as well.

way cool. is that all the original vader carrying cases you have or do you have more in a seperate room? reminds me of the potj amanamen army i got on clearance.

timmae
02-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys!

To answer some questions:

5) Visiting Hours: Yes. By appointment only. If you are in the New York City metropolitan area "Sandy" (and the rest of my insane STAR WARS toy collection DO receive visitors) This is a FREE service since "Sandy" is a real people crawler (and I'm happy to share).:thumbsup:

roadtrip!!! where's your holiday pack jawas? i emailed the photobucket link to an old buddy that turned me onto ssg. truely remarkable. all the money we spend on collecting all the little stuff, i was thinking the other day, it would be nice to have just a few superdeluxe things for the chicks to see in our pads. i guess you are rooting for more jawas this year? i can not seem to pass them up either.

DARKLORD_67
02-10-2008, 02:14 PM
way cool. is that all the original vader carrying cases you have or do you have more in a seperate room? reminds me of the potj amanamen army i got on clearance.

All but two of the Vader cases are Vintage Kenner, and some of them even still have the cardboard photo inserts of all of the available action figure characters.

The other two cases are OTC Vader cases from 2004. They are virtally identical except for the matte black finish on the backs of the OTC cases.

The collection photos are a bit outdated. There are now 36 Vader cases in the collection (7 of them on each level of the wall shelf unit, and one sitting on the floor).

By the way, I'm not sure if I already mentioned it here, but these Action figure cases are NOT EMPTY "collector's items", amassed simply for the sake of having a large number of them.

No, these Vader cases are each filled to capacity with my Imperial Armies of personell: (AT-AT Drivers, AT-ST Drivers, Biker Scouts, Imperial Commanders, Imperial Gunners, Imperial Officers, Royal Guards, Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, Snowtroopers, Tie Fighter Pilots)

The same holds true of my C-3P0 Collector Cases (containing my Rebel Armies) and my Vinyl Cases (containing my main characters, droids, and aliens)

DARKLORD_67
02-10-2008, 02:27 PM
where's your holiday pack jawas?

Believe it or not, I don't own any.:shocked:
I kina passed on them since they were re-paints of existing sculpts, AND I considered them Expanded Universe characters who actually celebrated the "Earthly" holiday of Christmas.

My entire collection, (including all my lil' Jawas) are strictly OT. They know nothing of Earth, much less our quaint little holidays.:thumbsup:

i guess you are rooting for more jawas this year? i can not seem to pass them up either.

Well, I sure wouldn't mind. I tell you honestly, I'd like to see a nice SA Jawa two-pack, with soft-goods robes, bandoliers, and little glowing eyes (like the dismembered C-3P0 from the SAGA line).

If Hasbro does THAT, I'll sell off all my current little guys and re-build an all-new Jawa clan!

Mad Slanted Powers
05-10-2008, 03:29 AM
This showed up in the latest Star Wars Insider Q&A for Steve Sansweet where someone was asking about it. Steve explained that it was a custom job and mentioned Darklord as being the owner. They had a few of the pictures of it as well. Pretty cool.

DARKLORD_67
05-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Yeah. imagine MY surprise when I opened up the latest issue of Insider and saw my sandcrawler featured. It was a surreal and cool experience to say the least:D

JediTricks
05-12-2008, 05:38 AM
That's pretty awesome! Did they contact you first or just throw your vehicle up there willy nilly?

2-1B
05-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Is the Sandcrawler as meticulously clean as your house?

stillakid
05-12-2008, 06:54 PM

Photoshop. :ermm:

obi-dad
02-13-2009, 02:02 PM
darklord... I just saw this amazing custom. All I can say is WOW! So, reading threw the posts, I have a couple of questions... one I'm sure I could answer if I read through the entire BMF thread... what are your thoughts about the BMF? ... still not to the scale you were describing, but 100% better than the vintange - OTC ones. Also, did you end up buying and getting a custom Jabba's sailbarge from the guy from SA?

DARKLORD_67
02-15-2009, 06:01 AM
darklord... I just saw this amazing custom. All I can say is WOW! So, reading threw the posts, I have a couple of questions... one I'm sure I could answer if I read through the entire BMF thread... what are your thoughts about the BMF? ... still not to the scale you were describing, but 100% better than the vintange - OTC ones. Also, did you end up buying and getting a custom Jabba's sailbarge from the guy from SA?

My thoughts on the BMF are that even though it does NOT go quite far enough in terms of size (as I proposed well over a year ago with a 4 -1/2 foot long version), it is still, by far, the single finest STAR WARS toy ever produced either by Hasbro or Kenner. I was left absolutely flabbergasted at the level of detail and the authenticity of the interior layout to make it look like the filming set.

I bought the BMF within the first 2 or 3 weeks of its release at the original full price ($159.99) EVen though the price has now dropped dramatically in many areas, and even though it is being put on clearance in some stores, I'm GLAD that I payed full price for it!!! It think that toy was worth every penny, and I would even have payed MORE for it!!

Furthermore, I wish to fully support Hasbro's efforts when they take chances on a product like this. I want to do my part to let them know that these larger types of STAR WARS vehicles WILL be supported at retail. I, for one, am hoping that the rumors of a new BIG AT-AT (BAT-AT) are true!

If they are, I'm good for about 7 of those... even at a MSRP of $159.99.

DARKLORD_67
02-15-2009, 06:07 AM

Everything I own is meticulously clean. It's my compulsion.:D

Photoshop. :ermm:

Photoshop? You're kidding right? I can assure you Photoshop does NOT come into play... not in the posted photos of my home, nor in the posted photos of my Sandcrawler. Sheesh!:rolleyes: