PDA

View Full Version : Aayla Secura's Jedi Starfighter.

Battle Droid
12-30-2007, 03:02 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/ayla-fighter.jpg

El Chuxter
12-30-2007, 03:22 PM
<Fart noise squared>

JediTricks
12-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Lame on its own, and it looks pretty similar to the white & blue Obi-Wan vehicle that we're getting re-released real soon.

Sean the Hutt
12-30-2007, 03:47 PM
instead of these repainted new movie ships how about some x wings/otc with different squad colors?. I like this ship but I have had too many thrown at me too soon...though it is charger colors...ok I'll buy it!

jjreason
12-30-2007, 05:21 PM
*bangs head against desk*

Yep, lots of people will buy this, and Hasbro will think we love it. :upset:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Lame on its own, and it looks pretty similar to the white & blue Obi-Wan vehicle that we're getting re-released real soon.
Agreed. Even the droid is too similar.

mark2d2
12-31-2007, 03:26 AM
You know I have yet to buy even one of these blasted ships? The design in general bores me. That and the fact that there is a el cheapo droid slot and this vehicle was an easy pass for me. It's beyond crazy how many versions of this they keep pumping out. I guess they must sell.

Strange. . . I dunno. To me they are just all together lacking.

I mean, there is just no retro Y-wingish appeal. Heck, I wish they'd make up some silly EU backstory to explain away a burnt orange TIE FIGHTER or something. . .

"After this basic Imperial craft was won by Greedo in a rousing game of mahjonng, Jabba's minion immediately had it retrofitted with full life support systems and personally oversaw its painting to gently remind him of his distant home world. . ."

stillakid
12-31-2007, 09:24 AM
I'd always been more or less a completist with the vehicles until these ships came along. Too much $$ for too little. I got one or two of the early color schemes (red I think) and that's enough. I'll look for that one with the hyperspace ring just cuz it has the ring, but that's it for these lame ships.

jjreason
12-31-2007, 09:44 AM
I have one - Ani's green one - as I was still a figure completist when it was released (which was awesome, because I really, really needed another ROTS #2 Anakin badly). If I hadn't gotten this one, I would have likely gotten the blue Obi Wan's version.... but one of these is plenty.

El Chuxter
12-31-2007, 01:26 PM
The TRU exclusive that was impossible to find broke me of completism here. I was going to get the Vader Starfighter, but just never got around to it. No great loss.

pegger
12-31-2007, 02:52 PM
Well - seeing how I'm going to make a concerted effort to NOT be a total sucker and completionist - this should be easy to pass up. Especially since it's a Target exclusive. (Don't you DARE offer to pick me up one, Sal.)

jedi master sal
12-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Well - seeing how I'm going to make a concerted effort to NOT be a total sucker and completionist - this should be easy to pass up. Especially since it's a Target exclusive. (Don't you DARE offer to pick me up one, Sal.)

Don't worry, I won't....not the answer you were expecting huh? l o l

I'm not sure I'm even going to get this one.

It seems very unimaginative. The blues should have been different. From first glance it does remind me too much of Obi's Blue JSF. In fact, IIRC there was a rumor that that very one WAS Aayla's that she loaned to Obi.

pegger
12-31-2007, 04:13 PM
Don't worry, I won't....not the answer you were expecting huh? l o l

I'm not sure I'm even going to get this one.

It seems very unimaginative. The blues should have been different. From first glance it does remind me too much of Obi's Blue JSF. In fact, IIRC there was a rumor that that very one WAS Aayla's that she loaned to Obi.

Darn. lol

After seeing it, I know I don't want this one. I've got all the others, but atleast they are either in the movie, in the cartoon (Clone Wars) or really cool looking (Vader's).

Another blue one? Don't really need it.

Not to give them ideas, but the only other one I would get is Saesee Tinn's florescent green one from Clone Wars. But it certainly isn't a must have.

JediTricks
12-31-2007, 04:36 PM
The only one I have is the preview Anakin yellow one, everybody kept telling me to get the Obi-Wan red one but I just ain't that into the vehicle or the movie to warrant it, so I passed and now that I've reconsidered, it turns out the unique headrest of the original has been tossed out, so that's back off my list. This Aayla JSF silliness is something I wouldn't even pick up to move out my way for something better.

dindae
01-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah this is the straw that broke this camel's back. I was debating cutting back anyway but this is just retarded. I happily have all four movie versions, I got Mace's since it was in the Clone Wars, Vader's was pushing it but it looked sharp, but this far too similar to Obi's. Plus Aalya is way to overrated as a character anyway. If Amy Allen wasn't attractive this character would get as much attention as Bib Fortuna.

bigbarada
01-01-2008, 04:53 PM
I find it ridiculous how unimaginative these color schemes are. Did Obi-Wan fly a "fleshtone" Jedi Starfighter to match his skin color? Then why would Aayla Secura? Did Obi-Wan paint a giant birthmark on the front of his starfighter to match his forehead? Then why would Saesee Tinn have his headspot pattern painted onto his ship?

Just lame.:stupid:

El Chuxter
01-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Kit's did have a Mighty GrinTM, though.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14167&d=1152682110

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-01-2008, 07:10 PM
JMS, you were right; according to R4-G9's Wookieepedia page (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/R4-G9), Aayla loaned the droid and starfighter to Obi-Wan, which he used as backup in addition to his red one. But the coloring is slightly different than Obi-Wan's (they seem, in many places, to have the colors inverted), so who knows.

dindae
01-01-2008, 10:32 PM
I guess that is better since it is the ship in the movie. I won't buy it again and probably won't change my mind on things but still it is better.

Kidhuman
01-01-2008, 10:36 PM
I dont own any JSF's and am damn proud of it.

bigbarada
01-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Kit's did have a Mighty GrinTM, though.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14167&d=1152682110

So would Yoda's JSF have big floppy ears sticking out of the sides?:D

JediTricks
01-04-2008, 03:23 AM
I find it ridiculous how unimaginative these color schemes are. Did Obi-Wan fly a "fleshtone" Jedi Starfighter to match his skin color? Then why would Aayla Secura? Did Obi-Wan paint a giant birthmark on the front of his starfighter to match his forehead? Then why would Saesee Tinn have his headspot pattern painted onto his ship?

Just lame.:stupid:
Awesome post! I can't wait till we get the Darth Maul Ep 3 Jedi Starfighter. :p

jedi master sal
01-04-2008, 08:05 AM

Ooh now that might be cool....NOT.

JediTricks
01-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Maybe they can glue little tan nubs all around it to represent his horns. :p

After that, the Boba Fett Jedi Starfighter, the Chewbacca Jedi Starfighter, and finally the Tion Medon Jedi Starfighter.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-06-2008, 03:27 PM

On that note. Do we really need another Jedi Fighter? Who's next, Ki-Adi Mundi, Shaak Tii, Agen Kolar, or Luminara Unduli? Lame indeed.

El Chuxter
01-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Barriss Offee's Starfighter will have a big ol' butt!

jedi master sal
01-07-2008, 11:33 AM
Barriss Offee's Starfighter will have a big ol' butt!

Ain't nothing wrong with Barriss's butt. (Or front for that matter...)

El Chuxter
01-07-2008, 11:39 AM
I wasn't complaining.

Barriss got back. For days.

bigbarada
01-07-2008, 11:42 AM

I guess it's written in the Jedi Code somewhere:

"Thou shalt color-coordinate with thy starfighter, lest ye die."

:D

General_Grievous
01-07-2008, 07:00 PM
What's the deal with Hasbro and all these Jedi Starfighters, anyway? The only ones I got were the yellow Anakin one and the red Obi-Wan one back in '05. Next thing you know, they'll have Qui-Gon's Jedi Starfighter, even though he died 13 years before ROTS. In fact, I'm surprised they haven't released a Yoda Jedi Starfighter yet.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-07-2008, 08:18 PM
What's the deal with Hasbro and all these Jedi Starfighters, anyway? The only ones I got were the yellow Anakin one and the red Obi-Wan one back in '05. Next thing you know, they'll have Qui-Gon's Jedi Starfighter, even though he died 13 years before ROTS. In fact, I'm surprised they haven't released a Yoda Jedi Starfighter yet.
They must be easy money for Hasbro. Take an existing mold, slap some new paint on it, BAM! $20 for them. No new tooling necessary.

General_Grievous
01-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Well, I know that, but don't they get tired of doing it? I mean, they can't possibly think there's people clamoring for an Aayla Secura starfighter.

El Chuxter
01-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Qui-Gon's will be clear blue.

bigbarada
01-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Qui-Gon's will be clear blue.

with a mullet.

jedi master sal
01-08-2008, 12:55 PM
with a mullet.

Like this...

El Chuxter
01-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Holy crap! That is the funniest thing I've seen in like five minutes!!

(Nothing personal, JMS. It's great. But five minutes ago, I was watching this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=ED_pU2oDnug).)

bigbarada
01-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Like this...

:D:D:D

That's great.:thumbsup:

Bar
01-15-2008, 04:24 PM
This variant is almost as bad as the Plo Koon variant from Episode III.
He was shown to be flying a Delta-7 and the cockpit shot of him being blown to smithereens was of the Eta-2.
At least that ship actually appeared in the movie, whereas this one seems to have never appeared anywhere...
Bar.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Well, I know that, but don't they get tired of doing it? I mean, they can't possibly think there's people clamoring for an Aayla Secura starfighter.

Umm...I am. I don't buy ships and speeders and the such but this i will get. Other than a new Falcon and Slave one, there are no other ships i want.

jedi master sal
01-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Umm...I am. I don't buy ships and speeders and the such but this i will get. Other than a new Falcon and Slave one, there are no other ships i want.

Not even an AT-TE?

Sinscia Fat'o
01-17-2008, 04:47 PM
Not even an AT-TE?

Nah, Dont get me wrong i think the AT-TE looks cool and would be an awesome toy for my collection but i just dont have room for it. Though im glad hasbro is making it, because the want for the thing is there, just not by me.

Dark Marble
01-18-2008, 12:13 PM
this one seems to have never appeared anywhere...
Bar.

The ship came from one of the comic books. Obi-Wan borrows it for some reason if I remeber right. I am actually suprised Hasbro followed through on this as the said they would give the starfighters a rest. But, according to an article I read there was fan interest in getting more of the Jedi specific ships out there.

I will pick this one up if I see it, as the price is only $20 and the ships are cool to display figures next to.

El Chuxter
01-18-2008, 12:17 PM
Where was that article? Hasbro's Delusions Monthly?

Bar
01-18-2008, 12:43 PM
The ship came from one of the comic books. Obi-Wan borrows it for some reason if I remeber right. I am actually suprised Hasbro followed through on this as the said they would give the starfighters a rest. But, according to an article I read there was fan interest in getting more of the Jedi specific ships out there.

I will pick this one up if I see it, as the price is only $20 and the ships are cool to display figures next to.

Ahhh. I see now. I don't read SW comics, so this one went right over my head.
The primary problem i have with this toy, is that the shape and proportions are totally wrong. It's a real shame. I have several of the Ani/Yellow, four of the Obi/Red, and two of the Obi/White&Blue, but the incorrect shape stopped me getting any more.
I have done a few repaints(One being a USMC (http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/All_the_good_usernames_are_taken/Model%20stuff%20Misc/182461b17174-1.jpg) version with double chainguns), and i may do more.
I have also considered making a vacform master of top and bottom parts to make my own 1/18 version(I did that with the AOTC JS (http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/All_the_good_usernames_are_taken/Model%20stuff%20Misc/jspiecesalltogether.jpg)).
Considering how "new" this item is, it's unlikely we will see a correction done to the molds...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Saw these today at Target for $19.99. They only had a few left actually.

El Chuxter
03-20-2008, 11:47 PM
I saw several of these pig terds and the Kashyyyk Battlepack, the one with Vader and two naked Tarfulls. :rolleyes:

Jedi_Kal-El
03-21-2008, 12:14 AM
I saw several of these pig terds and the Kashyyyk Battlepack, the one with Vader and two naked Tarfulls. :rolleyes:

You're actually saying it's good enough to be a pig turd Chux? No decals, no weathered paint and it just looks really cartoonish. I think you may be giving it more credit than it deserves bud.

Dark Marble
03-21-2008, 08:50 AM
After checking out the pics, I will pick this up when I find it. But, I think the repaints and the Jedi Specific ships are for the kids more than for the collectors. I know when I was a kid it was awesome to get a ship or an item that belonged to my favorite action figure. So when I see a jedi starfighter with a funky paint application matching a skin color or a decal matching a specific jedi marking or tatoo I know the visual is meant to pull kids in. For what it is I think it this fighter is cool.

Sinscia Fat'o
03-21-2008, 12:46 PM
I bought this ship the other day, and while Aayla is my favorite character from the films, i found the ship to be a little blah...no decals, or extra paint makes me think this ship could be the first in many clone Wars era ships... at least this one came with the missles, unlike Mace's ship i bought.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-21-2008, 05:41 PM
The Wookiees in that set are the Sneak Preview versions. Dunno if that alters its pig turdiness for you at all, though.

El Chuxter
03-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Oh, sorry, I just knew I recognized the Wookiees and their lack of clothing.

Jedi_Kal-El
03-21-2008, 06:16 PM
I bought this ship the other day, and while Aayla is my favorite character from the films, i found the ship to be a little blah...no decals, or extra paint makes me think this ship could be the first in many clone Wars era ships... at least this one came with the missles, unlike Mace's ship i bought.

Yeah, I like Aayla too, but I won't get this ship unless it's given to me. I've seen pics and I'm very unimpressed.

My Mace Starfighter did come with the missles, so I think you just got a bad one Sinscia.

x13squadleader
03-22-2008, 08:29 AM
sorry guys.i like all the different jedi fighters.i wish they would do this with x-wings also.i have a fleet and they are all the same kind of sucks.i have over 150 ships and a little variations are very welcome.if they made only one jedi fighter,whos would it be and what are the rest of the jedi going to use?i would hate 10 obi won fighters for everyone to use.i do not feel bad buying the same ship over in a different color.but i also like all the clones colors also.

crimsontiburon
03-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Yep, lots of people will buy this, and Hasbro will think we love it. :upset:

Especially since it is a Target exclusive. Saw a ton of them yesterday.

Lazer Brain
03-23-2008, 06:23 PM
i have yet to see these, but will most lickly pick it up. i will pass on the wookies.
later

x13squadleader
03-28-2008, 11:56 PM
i found both of them today.i like them both also.aayla's fighter looks good compared to the box.the storm troopers from the kashyyyk pack are good ones also.i think they are the 30th anv. ones with out the removable helmets.they are better then the ones from the tantive pack.they do not have the sandtrooper holes in the back.i already had an army of wookies,but i can always use more.with the stormtroopers i bought today i will have 50 of that type of stormtrooper.so i really dont need any more battle packs like this one but i do like it very much

DarkArtist
03-30-2008, 10:50 AM
I've passed on it twice now. I really want the Order 66 sets from Target and keep coming up short on spotting them but each time have seen the Force Unleashed set and Starfighter. might get the starfighter in a couple of weeks but if I miss out it will be no big loss.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-30-2008, 12:45 PM
I got this today. I find the lack of stickers very odd, as well as the painted-on details (or lack thereof) on the droid. But I like the little blue detail on top of his head.