PDA

View Full Version : Check out these pics!

Corran Horn
02-11-2002, 10:02 PM
http://starwars.com/collecting/feature/20020210/indexp2.html
Go to the address above to see AWSOME pics from Toy Fair!!!:eek:

PloKoon2385
02-11-2002, 11:17 PM
Very nice. Did anyone notice that the new yellow astronomech droid doesn't seem to have the same silver dome? It almost looks transparent.:eek:

GNT
02-12-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
Very nice. Did anyone notice that the new yellow astronomech droid doesn't seem to have the same silver dome? It almost looks transparent.:eek:

I believe the droid was meant to have the transparent dome from what I've seen and heard :)

Beast
02-12-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by GNT
I believe the droid was meant to have the transparent dome from what I've seen and heard :)

Exactly, thats why it's designated an R3 unit. They all have clear domes, they also have appeared a few times in the original trilogy. There is an R3 unit on the first death star in the background while Obi-Wan is sneaking thru the corridors. Another R3 unit appears in the rebel base on hoth. Astromechs so far are designated by 5 series. R1 (The big black droid in the Jawa sale in ANH), R2 (R2-D2 etc. ), R3 (Transparent domed astromechs), R4 (Conelike domes - R4-M9), R5 (Flat topped - R5-D4).

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Corran Horn
02-12-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Exactly, thats why it's designated an R3 unit. They all have clear domes, they also have appeared a few times in the original trilogy. There is an R3 unit on the first death star in the background while Obi-Wan is sneaking thru the corridors. Another R3 unit appears in the rebel base on hoth. Astromechs so far are designated by 5 series. R1 (The big black droid in the Jawa sale in ANH), R2 (R2-D2 etc. ), R3 (Transparent domed astromechs), R4 (Conelike domes - R4-M9), R5 (Flat topped - R5-D4).

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Actually there are more. R6 units were developed after Endor, and were a more efficiant remake of the R2 units. R7 units were made for the e-wingg fighters, and luke had r7-t1 while flying an e-wing. ;)

JediTricks
02-13-2002, 07:15 AM
See the clear dome in these shots I just put up:

http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=30407&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5

http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=30408&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5

This is a great-looking feature! I've been asking Hasbro to do this for a long time, and here it is. Killer!

SithDroid
02-13-2002, 05:43 PM
Yea, Djas Puhr. Finally some CLASSICS that we want.

PloKoon2385
02-13-2002, 08:22 PM
Oh, I forgot that little detail about the R3 thing... Maybe I should have paid more attention to my Essential Guide to Droids book......

Turbowars
02-13-2002, 08:56 PM
I love it, I love it I love, I love IT(Saturday night Live quote) But I really do love it! As a liitle kid I remember seeing this clear guy and going WOW I hope they make him. 20 years later I finaly get him. Now thats KILLER :crazed:

Wolfwood319
02-13-2002, 10:13 PM
For some reason, anything mechanical or electrical with a clear or translucent casing scares the crap out of me. Why would anyone put something inside a clear shell? Why do you care what goes on inside the casing. If you're that curious, go read "The Way Things Work." I had this playstation controller that had a translucent green case, and I could see the things moving around inside, then it broke for some reason unknown. When I opened it up to fix it, I found a substance that I think was strawberry jelly inside.... nevermind. :rolleyes:

Yeah, definately another cool droid, even though I'm not a droid fan, I'll pick this guy up.

GNT
02-14-2002, 12:18 AM
Well Wolfwood319 dont get any strawberry jelly into your R3-T7 preview figure :)