PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Multipack rumors.

Battle Droid
12-31-2007, 07:14 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/One_Final_Rumor_List_For_2007_111217.asp

Star Wars Multipacks
Typically, these sets feature anywhere from 3-5 action figures, sometimes new, sometimes repacks, sometimes repaints. The names are pretty vague, and we don't know what figures would be included in these sets, but hey, that's why speculating is fun, right?
# Star Wars: Master and Apprentice
# Star Wars: Redemptions
# Star Wars: Old Friend
# Star Wars: The Force

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-31-2007, 07:32 PM
I wonder if Redemptions would somehow be the ghosts, maybe with a Sebastian head for Anakin and new sculpts for Obi-Wan and Yoda?

Ah, probably not.

El Chuxter
12-31-2007, 08:44 PM
Redemptions does sound like ghosts. It could have a repacked Ghosti-Wan, a new clearified Ghost Yoda, and a Ghost Ani Who Doesn't Suck Sailors.

Ideally, it would be those three, along with a Funeral Pyre Vader and an Endor Luke (re-release). True, it's not film accurate. But it'd be hella cool.

I can guarantee you every single one of these will include a Vader and at least two ROTS Clonetroopers.

jedi master sal
01-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Two NEW packs along with two old ones:
Battle Pack Assortment - Wave 5 - Mai 2008
1x 87815 Battle on Mygeeto Battle Pack
1x 87788 Hoth Speeder Bike Patrol Battle Pack
1x Clone Attack on Coruscant
1x Betrayal on Bespin

http://www.4-inches.de/inhalt/home.htm

I'm VERY interested in seeing what is with each of these sets. I might bite on these.

General_Grievous
01-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Redemptions does sound like ghosts. It could have a repacked Ghosti-Wan, a new clearified Ghost Yoda, and a Ghost Ani Who Doesn't Suck Sailors.

Ideally, it would be those three, along with a Funeral Pyre Vader and an Endor Luke (re-release). True, it's not film accurate. But it'd be hella cool.

If they included a Funeral Pyre Vader (unlikely), I'd definitely buy it.

The Mygeeto set Sal mentioned is probably:

-Ki-Adi Mundi
-Commander Bacara (either repacked or new)
-3 Galactic Marines

The Hoth Speeder Bike set is probably:

-Hoth Biker Scout with white speeder bike
-some Snowtroopers
-Darth Vader

The Master and Apprentice battlepack could be from "The Phantom Menace":

-Qui-Gon
-Obi-Wan
-Darth Maul
-Darth Sidious
-Jedi Apprentice Jake Lloyd Anakin (?)

"The Force" is a pretty vague title. But the only thing that comes to my mind from "Old Friend" is the scene on the Tantive IV from ROTS. Maybe we're getting a Ghost Qui-Gon! :p

pegger
01-02-2008, 06:13 PM
If they included a Funeral Pyre Vader (unlikely), I'd definitely buy it.

The Mygeeto set Sal mentioned is probably:

-Ki-Adi Mundi
-Commander Bacara (either repacked or new)
-3 Galactic Marines

As much as I want a new Bacara (super articulated), I wouldn't want to see it come out this way, as we normally don't get the cool battle packs. If it is a re-release, this will be an easy pass.

The Hoth Speeder Bike set is probably:

-Hoth Biker Scout with white speeder bike
-some Snowtroopers
-Darth Vader

If the Salemeuca pack is an indication, it will be 2 hoth biker scouts with 2 speeder bikes. Hopefully these will be the same as the Hoth UBP, which a fellow formite has for me, and thus I skip this one too!

The Master and Apprentice battlepack could be from "The Phantom Menace":

-Qui-Gon
-Obi-Wan
-Darth Maul
-Darth Sidious
-Jedi Apprentice Jake Lloyd Anakin (?)I've got no clue on this one.they will be related to TFU?

"The Force" is a pretty vague title. But the only thing that comes to my mind from "Old Friend" is the scene on the Tantive IV from ROTS. Maybe we're getting a Ghost Qui-Gon! :p

Again, no clue. Ghosts would make sense...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-02-2008, 08:29 PM
I actually asked about a Mygeeto pack on Q&A, but unless there are big changes in deco or something, I probably won't get it.

The Hoth Speeder Bike thing sounds like it could be cool, though.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-02-2008, 09:43 PM
But the only thing that comes to my mind from "Old Friend" is the scene on the Tantive IV from ROTS. Maybe we're getting a Ghost Qui-Gon! :pAnother thing that came to mind for me is Luke telling R2 in ROTJ that they are going to Dagobah because he had a promise to keep to an old friend.

General_Grievous
01-02-2008, 10:52 PM
Another thing that came to mind for me is Luke telling R2 in ROTJ that they are going to Dagobah because he had a promise to keep to an old friend.

Yeah, but I doubt they'd make another Dagobah battlepack.

jedi master sal
01-03-2008, 08:55 AM
The possible Biker Scout/Speederbike we would get in the battle pack:
http://www.dorlingkindersley-uk.co.uk/static/html/features/starwars/technology_gallery/images/Snow%20Speeder%20Bike.jpg

This can be readily done with:
Biker Scout Helmet
Snowtrooper body
Biker Scout legs
Biker Scout backpack-this would be the only special tooling here and would fit into the hole already made for the traditional Snowtrooper backpack. So it's a very easy figure to be made.

And of course a white speederbike.

CaptainSolo1138
01-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Now that they've repainted everything black to be "shadowy", are they going to start all over and give everything a white paint job and call it "snowy"? Whatevs.:rolleyes:

jedi master sal
01-03-2008, 10:24 AM
Now that they've repainted everything black to be "shadowy", are they going to start all over and give everything a white paint job and call it "snowy"? Whatevs.:rolleyes:

the red for that Lava effect.
Lava trooper
Lava AT-AT
Lava Cantina patron...

El Chuxter
01-03-2008, 12:16 PM
First everything was silver. Then clear blue. Then black. Now white.

Where is the originality here?

CaptainSolo1138
01-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Where is the originality here?The new, higher price points. :D

o yes

Kidhuman
01-03-2008, 07:11 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1259

Myetto and Hoth speeder bike included in the case assortment. I doubt the Hoth pack is anything like what we were thinking.

jedi master sal
01-04-2008, 01:51 AM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=1259

Myetto and Hoth speeder bike included in the case assortment. I doubt the Hoth pack is anything like what we were thinking.

How do you figure KH?

I think the Mygeeto set will be 5 figs or some figs and 1 or 2 droids.

The Hoth set to be 2 snowscouts (cold weather scout troopers) on white speederbikes.

Seems a reasonable guess.

Kidhuman
01-04-2008, 07:06 AM
I was thinking it would be like the TReachery set, not a normal battlepack thats how Sal.

jedi master sal
01-04-2008, 09:03 AM
I was thinking it would be like the TReachery set, not a normal battlepack thats how Sal.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm expecting from the Hoth set. 2 Speederbikes and 2 scouts. It even reads as much in the description on Entertainment Earth (if not specifically).

Kidhuman
01-04-2008, 10:12 AM
I am reading it into the way the box is shaped. It is with the other battle packs which are the usual ones, so I am trying to figure out how 2 speeders will fitt in that box.

Battle Droid
01-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Mygeeto

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/out/large/HAS14731.jpg

Hoth

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/out/large/HAS14732.jpg

jedi master sal
01-04-2008, 02:35 PM
I am reading it into the way the box is shaped. It is with the other battle packs which are the usual ones, so I am trying to figure out how 2 speeders will fitt in that box.

Hmm, wasn't the Treachery set like those too? IIRC, it was fairly slim for having two speederbikes in it. I could be wrong though.

Who knows, they may just pack these in special sized shipping cases. Just a guess though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-04-2008, 03:18 PM
These both look pretty good. It looks like Bacara was re-decoed, but it may just be that picture. The SBD seems to have a weird paint scheme, and it's a little early for a re-release of the Tri-Droid (still welcome though). The Hoth one is what we all thought, no surprises there.

pegger
01-04-2008, 03:19 PM
It looks like the Tri droid is a different color scheme than the carded one, and a different colored SBD (woopee!)

Hoth is almost what I expected. (I thought the riders would be snowtroopers)I kinda like it. I may get one.

dindae
01-04-2008, 03:34 PM
While I kinda like the color scheme on the scout troopers I doubt I will pick up this set. The other set is likely to be a pass as well unless they changed anything to the figures that blows me away. I'm trying to think if we have gotten a Ki Adi with soft goods and then I'm thinking if I can't remeber does it matter if I do get one.

Battle Droid
01-04-2008, 03:37 PM
It's the ROTS Ki-Adi-Mundi that had soft goods.

jedi master sal
01-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Bacara is at the least updated. Note he has an articulated knee!
The shoulder pad is redeco'ed as well as the side flaps on the front of his helmet.

His kama looks darker to, to match his marines. Hard to tell about the elbow joints, but I'm going on a hunch these are the previous ones and not SA.

Still, this may be enough to get me to buy the set.

The other figs are decent enough army builders, plus a jedi for custom fodder.

The Hoth set is awesome. Just need to see better pics of it. The Snowscouts may just be repainted Biker Scouts instead of a mishmash of the Snowtrooper and Biker Scout as I laid out earlier in this thread.

Battle Droid
01-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Bigger pic of the Hoth pack.

http://images.entertainmentearth.com/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CHS87788lg.jpg

pegger
01-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Bigger pic of the Hoth pack.

http://images.entertainmentearth.com/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CHS87788lg.jpg

Yeah - I want the hoth pack.

Neuroleptic
01-04-2008, 06:11 PM
IF I can find it in my area, I'll deffinetly be getting the hoth pack. But that's a big if since stuff dosn't last long round these parts on the shelves if it ever gets here at all.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-04-2008, 07:33 PM
The Hoth set is awesome. Just need to see better pics of it. The Snowscouts may just be repainted Biker Scouts instead of a mishmash of the Snowtrooper and Biker Scout as I laid out earlier in this thread.
I don't know how accurate it is, but it definitely looks like they mixed the VTSC Scout with the VTAC Snowtrooper.

dindae
01-04-2008, 08:22 PM
It's the ROTS Ki-Adi-Mundi that had soft goods.

Thanks figure we had one already.
The Hoth set definately looks like a combo of the two. Scout torso and head with snow forarms and calfs.

El Chuxter
01-04-2008, 08:29 PM
I have to say, those cold weather scouts look cool.

jedi master sal
01-04-2008, 10:19 PM
I don't know how accurate it is, but it definitely looks like they mixed the VTSC Scout with the VTAC Snowtrooper.

It's far from being 100% accurate to the cross sections picture, but it's decent. A slight custom and you can get much closer the that.

I'll buy the Hoth set for sure.

I really want to see close ups of Bacara though for his deco and articulation.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-05-2008, 04:02 PM
The Hoth set is a maybe, i'll have to actually hold that in my hand before i buy it, and look at it...though i really doubt something like this will appeal to me unless i just need a star wars fix.

The Ki adi Mundi set while in the begining sounded really cool...though after seeing a pic of it i was really really glum about it...the droid is the only thing i actually like out of the set...though if Bacara is a retool/redo then maybe this set will make it to my shelf...but other than that...Pass.

Old Fossil
01-06-2008, 06:28 PM
I might get the Hoth set, but with all the leftover BP's on the shelves at WalMart, I doubt I'll ever see that set in the wild.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-09-2008, 04:36 PM
The Hoth set looks like a good one, and I'm a nut for speeder bikes.

From what I've seen and heard the Bacara is a kit-bash with a SA lower body. The question I have to ask myself is do I need dupes of the other figs.

Kidhuman
01-09-2008, 05:01 PM
The Hoth set looks like a good one, and I'm a nut for speeder bikes.

From what I've seen and heard the Bacara is a kit-bash with a SA lower body. The question I have to ask myself is do I need dupes of the other figs.

Dupes of clones never bother me, its the Jedi dupes that get me. I could use another Ki-Adi though since the only other one I have is from EP1

pegger
01-09-2008, 05:49 PM
From what I've seen and heard the Bacara is a kit-bash with a SA lower body.

Well - I can pass on this set then. It's his upper-body that needs work...