PDA

View Full Version : January Hauls '08

Kidhuman
01-01-2008, 08:26 PM
New Year, New month, New thread, post what ya got.

Ordered a Holo Vader and Hawkbat Clone from HTS this morning

Rocketboy
01-01-2008, 11:06 PM
A couple of DVDs on sale: Grandma's Boy and Jack*ss The Movie Unrated

jamesbondo07
01-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Wal-Mart clearanced some TAC figures for $5 so I bought 3 more Concept Snowtroopers and 6 more Stormtroopers. I also ordered a Holo Vader and Concept Rebel Trooper on HTS.

jedi master sal
01-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Darth Revan
Darth Malak
Pre-Cyborg Greivous
Starkiller
Darktrooper

Mando trooper
Mando Arc
Darktrooper coin.

Case of wv8 is due today or tomorrow for me as well.

Oh and the red GG royal guard bust. As well I did a BIN on eBay for the blue Senate guard bust.

Just ordered from Hasbrotoyshop:
48: Darth Vader (Hologram)
49: Clone Trooper (7th Legion Trooper)
52: Naboo Soldier (Royal Naboo Army) X2
55: Clone Trooper (Training Fatigues) X2
60: McQuarrie Signature Series - Concept Rebel Trooper

UKWildcat
01-03-2008, 01:10 AM
A couple of DVDs on sale: Grandma's Boy

Where did you score this one? I've been meaning to pick this up for a while now if I could get it for cheap/on sale...

I've picked up a crap load of HD DVDs lately, too many to list.

jedi master sal
01-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Marvel Heroes-Beast/Apocalypse set

Transformers scene pack-Final Stand (Battle Damaged Bumblebee missing his lower legs and the tow truck-transforms to "Longarm")

My first LEGO purchase of the year, though I forget their names. I got both the Rebel Fleet trooper/mini rig set and the Stormtrooper/mini rig set. I didn't really expect to buy any LEGO this years as I barely bought any last year, but these were army building sets for cheap and the first that I recall of Rebel Fleet troopers. Plus it looks like LEGO updated the Stormtrooper helmets. I don't recall them looking this good from previous sets. I would like to get more sets (mostly some of the ones from 2007), but they are still way to expensive for my tastes.

Rocketboy
01-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Where did you score this one? I've been meaning to pick this up for a while now if I could get it for cheap/on sale...Target's got it on sale for $6.50 this week.

Beast
01-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Marvel Heroes-Beast/Apocalypse set.
Woo!! Best set out there. Love the flocked fuzzy Beast. :D

Picked up Resident Evil: Extinction. Good DVD. Looking forward to the CGI movie.

UKWildcat
01-03-2008, 05:03 PM
Target's got it on sale for $6.50 this week.

Awesome, great price! Thanks for the heads up.

Rocketboy
01-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Awesome, great price! Thanks for the heads up.No problem - such a great, dumb, plotless movie.

Today:
I Am Legend (book)
KT Tunstall Holiday Collection (cd) - $1.74 @ Target!
Altoids

El Chuxter
01-04-2008, 12:53 AM
22 CFI bulbs. So, they're brighter than normal bulbs, but use about 1/4 of the energy and last much longer. I think I'll be getting some more to finish up the house.

UKWildcat
01-04-2008, 12:58 AM
That sounded like a commercial...

Good to hear Chux has gone Green.

El Chuxter
01-04-2008, 01:06 AM
I've been meaning to for a while, and finally made myself do it. Those things are expensive, though. Luckily, I had some gift cards from Home Despot.

(Okay, Depot. Despot was a typo, but it's so funny I'm leaving it.)

jedi master sal
01-04-2008, 01:42 AM
Obi-wan JSF w/Hyperspace ring!

JediTricks
01-04-2008, 06:11 AM
A friend who shall remain nameless until otherwise requested in case anonymity is required got these for me over the past few months. Said friend got them to me when we spent New Year's Eve together, which was a really nice time without the traditional craziness...

SL Sandtrooper (evolutions) x2 - has good points, but the helmet is hindered by the pauldron and the lack of waist articulation kinda hurts this look, and the stupid VOTC Stormtrooper hands still can't hold squat. But that blaster is pretty cool, that's essentially why I really got these.

SL Darktrooper - it looks cool on card.

TAC Concept Snowtrooper

Kidhuman
01-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Picked up an SL Biker Scout

DVD: LOTR Trilogy of the Extended Versions and regualr versions for 20 bucks. Couldnt pass up that aweet a deal.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-04-2008, 12:53 PM
To take a trip back to History of the World Part 08, the stores I have ventured into have basically said to me: "nothing for sale, Iíve got absolutely nothing for sale."

Am looking for the new small LEGO sets (so far have come up empty) and in a not-buying "haul" am seeking my library to get a copy of the next Darth Bane novel.

LTBasker
01-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Stargate Atlantis Series 1 Case-
Field Ops Sheppard x2
Doctor Weir x2
Black Ops Weir x2
Regular Sheppard x2
Wraith x2
Blue Garrison Daniel x1

Beast
01-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Marvel Superhero Squad - Battle for New York 4-Pack
Marvel Superhero Squad - X-Men Showdown 4-Pack

General_Grievous
01-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Great haul today.

-Die Hard: The Ultimate Collection
-Live Free or Die Hard 2-Disc Unrated Collector's Edition

The Ultimate Collection is the original DVD set of the trilogy, with bonus features and all. Much better than the new bare-bones set they came out with this year. I think it's been out-of-production for a few years, but I was lucky to find the last copy in FYE (and probably the only copy in the tri-county area). The price said $50, which put me off a bit, but I said "What the hell" since I had a $25 gift card anyway and I brought it to the cashier. When he scanned it, he said "What do you know, it's on sale. Total is $26.68." I was pretty happy. So I ended up paying $1.68 for a new DVD set that was originally $50 and is no longer in production. :thumbs up:

figrin bran
01-05-2008, 10:15 PM
Fett and Vader Mighty Muggs
1 Clean Sandtrooper
latest issues of the Buffy and JLU comics
Radiohead's In Rainbows
DCSH Superman on clearance at Target
Transformers Landmine

UKWildcat
01-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Great haul today.

-Die Hard: The Ultimate Collection
-Live Free or Die Hard 2-Disc Unrated Collector's Edition

The Ultimate Collection is the original DVD set of the trilogy, with bonus features and all. Much better than the new bare-bones set they came out with this year. I think it's been out-of-production for a few years, but I was lucky to find the last copy in FYE (and probably the only copy in the tri-county area). The price said $50, which put me off a bit, but I said "What the hell" since I had a $25 gift card anyway and I brought it to the cashier. When he scanned it, he said "What do you know, it's on sale. Total is $26.68." I was pretty happy. So I ended up paying $1.68 for a new DVD set that was originally $50 and is no longer in production. :thumbs up:

Are you referring to the 2-disc editions with the silver cases? The first one is a Five Star Collection? If so, those are some awesome dvd releases, and happen to be the very same versions I own; although I haven't checked out any of the special features on any of the discs. :( You got a pretty sweet deal if those are the versions; of course, just about any trilogy for $1.68 out of pocket is a pretty sweet deal. lol

And speaking of Die Hard, I just ordered the first three movies earlier today on Blu-ray. :thumbsup:

General_Grievous
01-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Are you referring to the 2-disc editions with the silver cases? The first one is a Five Star Collection? If so, those are some awesome dvd releases, and happen to be the very same versions I own; although I haven't checked out any of the special features on any of the discs. :( You got a pretty sweet deal if those are the versions; of course, just about any trilogy for $1.68 out of pocket is a pretty sweet deal. lol

The very same. Man, DVD releases were so much better five years ago, jam-packed with extras. Back before the days of double-dipping and single and two-disc editions.

JediTricks
01-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Star Wars Vault - was a cute thumb-through, haven't read it yet but lots of nifty repro items inside. Was expecting a little more, but still a good haul, and the audio parts are still awaiting my attention.

LTBasker
01-06-2008, 09:07 PM
DC Superheroes Justice League Justice Lords 3-pack with Batman/Wonder Woman/Superman x2
DC Superheroes Justice League Justice Lords 3-pack with Batman/Hawkgirl/Superman x1
Hasbro Marvel Legends TRU Exclusive Clear Emma Frost x2 (only $2.48 each, woot)

DarthQuack
01-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego for the Nintendo
Darth Bane: Rule of Two

Jargo
01-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Futurama - Bender's big score. DVD.

got sent this and have no idea why. I don't like Futurama. And I've even made it known to the person who sent the DVD that i thought the movie sucked. Especially the first ten minutes.

JediTricks
01-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego for the NintendoThe NES version? I remember that from back in the day, it's kinda fun but only a few missions, too limited. Cartridge or is it on the Wii virtual console as well?

Bender's Big Score I thought was really awesome.

DarthQuack
01-08-2008, 10:16 PM
The NES version? I remember that from back in the day, it's kinda fun but only a few missions, too limited. Cartridge or is it on the Wii virtual console as well?

Bender's Big Score I thought was really awesome.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270199624770

Yea, it's NES version, I've been getting into more collecting of complete Nintendo games. It was a pretty good deal, came with the encylopedia too!

Benders Big Score rocked!!

Rocketboy
01-08-2008, 11:22 PM
3:10 to Yuma

JediTricks
01-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Niiiice! I don't remember us having the encyclopedia, so I suspect ours was a used copy. I think my mom still has it (she has the NES top-loader as our front-loader did what most of them did).

jedi master sal
01-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Finally got my wv8 case a couple of days ago.

LEGO:
Rebel Fleet trooper set
Stormtrooper (w/Shadow trooper) set.

Awaiting receipt of:
Naboo Soldier (deal with another collector)
Blue Senate Guard Bust (eBay)
JLU Blue Devil Justice League (eBay)
Star Wars Galactic Heroes ANAKIN SKYWALKER Scarred (eBay-The one from the Geonosis set)
Galactic Heroes OBI-WAN KENOBI (eBay-The one from the Geonosis set)
Galactic Heroes BATTLE DROID (Red Commander) (eBay-The one from the Geonosis set)
Galactic Heroes CLONE TROOPER (Blue) (eBay-The one from the Geonosis set)
Galactic Heroes CLONE TROOPER (Purple) (eBay-The one from the Jedi vs Sith set-Mace's Clone)
Galactic Heroes EMPEROR PALPATINE Loose! (eBay-The one from the Jedi vs Sith set)
Galactic Heroes BATTLE DROID (Security droid)
Galactic Heroes JANGO FETT (eBay-The one from the Geonosis set)
Battlefront II Clone Pack (eBay)

The following minis (eBay) pending delivery:
Alliance & Empire * Gamorrean Guard * 44/60 C
Alliance & Empire * Rebel Trooper * 21/60 U
Alliance & Empire * Scout Trooper * 31/60 U
Alliance & Empire * Talz Spy * 54/60 U
Alliance & Empire * Tusken Raider * 56/60 C
HUGE Force Unleashed * Junk Golem * 51/60 U
HUGE Force Unleashed * Knobby White Spider * 52/60 U
HUGE Force Unleashed * Rebel Troop Cart * 21/60 U
HUGE Force Unleashed * Telosian Tank Droid * 57/60 U
HUGE Force Unleashed * TIE Crawler * 42/60 U

Hasbro Toy Shop pending order (got shipping notice):
Naboo Soldier
Holo Vader
McRebel
Training Clone X2
7th Legion Trooper

So not too much....

jedi master sal
01-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Oh and I forgot these from a deal with a fellow collector:
E1 Battle Droid – clean x 2
E1 Battle Droid – Dirty
OTC Yaruna Wookie Senator
ROTS Wookie Heavy Gunner
ROTS Sneak Preview Wookie Warrior
Saga Collection Clonetrooper Utapau
POTF2 Spacetrooper

Whoo-hoo, from this deal I'll be able to make my custom Holiday Special Chewbacca Family (Just need an Ewok to custom for Lumpy (Chewie's son).

Received the minis in above post as well as the Blue Devil, GH Jango Fett and GH Security Battle Droid.

Found out that the other GH's I am waiting on were sent to the wrong address...grrr. I even included a note in the Paypal payment to check the zip code if using software to print it out. (They ALWAYS print the wrong zipcode...) So now I play a waiting game and hope it gets delievered to me. I've already notified the seller of their mistake as well as contacted the Post Office to fix the problem. This very thing happened with the Blackhole trooper and that almost got sent back. I was literally within hours of getting to it before it would have gone back to Gentle Giant. I would have been so POed over that.

But for me, it's not even a matter of money much as it is attention to detail. If the note would have been read, then there should have been NO mistake. I just wish people wouldn't rush things to get them out the door. An extra few seconds to confirm the address would solve a lot of problems for both themselves and me (or you) as well.

Sorry, I had to vent a little...

-Sal

figrin bran
01-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Sal! I could've sold at cost or traded you that JLU Blue Devil figure!

jedi master sal
01-10-2008, 01:16 PM
Sal! I could've sold at cost or traded you that JLU Blue Devil figure!

Well dang, wish I'd have known that...I paid $13.99 for it. Oh well. Next time I'll remember to ask in the wants section first.

JediTricks
01-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Sideshow Lord of the Rings 1/4 scale Crown of the King of the Dead - the remaining $50 on my Sideshow gift card was expiring at midnight on the 31st, so I ordered something cool which I'd normally not get myself, and this was the result. Nice packaging, helm isn't too small, great detailing and overall look especially from something all metal. Stand is nice without attracting attention from the item it's holding.

Trunk Lid Supports - my final xmas gift has been implemented, and now my trunk stays up on its own! Woot!

Kidhuman
01-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Holo Vader arrievd as well as the Hawkbat clone officially closin the door on 07 carded figs for me.

jedi master sal
01-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Holo Vader arrievd as well as the Hawkbat clone officially closin the door on 07 carded figs for me.

Nice, I technically have them all, but I need an extra Holo vader to open for the coin, as well as a McReb for the same purpose. They are on the way from Hasbro, so by mid next week, I'll be complete on TAC 2007.

DarthQuack
01-11-2008, 10:08 AM
M.U.S.C.L.E. NES game in box

Kidhuman
01-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Picked up a SL Maul today.

figrin bran
01-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Holo Vader
JLU Ice/Fire/Green Lantern
The Batman Shadowtek Green Lantern and Hawkman
GI Joe Crimson Guard

jedi master sal
01-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Marvel Heroes
Giant Man/Iron Man 2-pack

Marvel Legends
Marvel Girl
Hydra-VARIANT!

Blue2th
01-13-2008, 01:34 AM
Walmart comic 2-packs

JetsAndHeels
01-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Caught up on my comics yesterday:

Action Comics #860
Superman issues #670, 671
Superman Confidential #10
Legion of Superheroes #9

TeeEye7
01-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Hallmark ornaments:

"The Adventure Begins": the Millennium Falcon blasting out of Docking Bay 94 from ANH. Has lights and sounds.

"The First Gift of Christmas": Santa and harness bell from The Polar Express.

Both for 75% off. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
01-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Hawkbat clone
JLU Ultra Humanite 3 pack, Mr. Miracle 3 pack
1 vs. 100 DVD game for $3.74 from Target
Jeopardy hand held game for $3.72, also from Target

UKWildcat
01-14-2008, 07:44 PM
28 Days Later Blu-ray
28 Weeks Later Blu-ray
Die Hard Blu-ray
Die Hard 2 Blu-ray
Die Hard w/ a Vengeance Blu-ray
Mr. Brooks Blu-ray
Mr. and Mrs. Smith Blu-ray

DarthQuack
01-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Quart of milk
Italian salad dressing

jediguy
01-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Walmart comic Commander Keller and Galactic Marine (I found a few so if anyone is looking, maybe we can trade)
7th Legion Clone
Hawkbat Clone
Clone Trainee
McRebel Trooper
Clone Evolutions

a good friend game me the vintage Ewok village for xmas, but I opened it on January 5th
freakin' sweeeet!!

jediguy
01-14-2008, 11:42 PM
how could I forget I also got the Obi Wan ship with Hyperdrive ring?

General_Grievous
01-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Family Guy: Blue Harvest Special Edition

El Chuxter
01-15-2008, 01:15 PM
GG, is there anything different between the two editions other than the pack-ins?

General_Grievous
01-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Nothing except for a 3-D space battle included as a special feature, which really isn't that great (probably because it included the old-fashioned "red and blue" 3-D glasses). I bought it for the T-shirt and the packaging. Believe it or not, it looks good on the shelf next to the trilogy box set.

bobafrett
01-15-2008, 02:49 PM

Got to watch it this morning. The 3 D glasses are also used to view the puzzle on the back of the trading cards.

Kidhuman
01-15-2008, 03:27 PM
When are ya gonna post a new comp Frett?

bobafrett
01-15-2008, 03:33 PM
When are ya gonna post a new comp Frett?

A wha wha what? What is a new comp? I'm so old :sad:

Kidhuman
01-15-2008, 03:35 PM
A new computer old bag

bobafrett
01-15-2008, 03:40 PM
A new computer old bag

Like when my credit gets up to par, and probably after the wedding. I tried to get the comic 2 pack with the galactic marine, but my "better half" was with me, giving me grief over buying the Blue Harvest box set, instead of just the plain DVD. She told me "All my extra money is being used for stuff for the wedding."

DarthQuack
01-15-2008, 04:32 PM
Family Guy Blue Harvest Special Edition

General_Grievous
01-15-2008, 04:36 PM

Got to watch it this morning. The 3 D glasses are also used to view the puzzle on the back of the trading cards.

I just discovered that. That's nifty.

BTW, Chux, there's one other difference between the regular version and the special edition. The box set also includes an extra disc that contains a digital copy of the episode that you can save on to your computer permanently. I think I'll put it on my iPod.

El Chuxter
01-16-2008, 01:03 AM
That's pretty useless to those of us who watch video only on TVs and computers. :p

I ended up getting the SE after all, since Costco's running a special (I posted about it in the FGSW thread) if you buy it and any one season box set. It comes out to about the same as buying the regular version at Best Buy once you figure it out.

UKWildcat
01-16-2008, 01:23 AM
I don't think I could pay $24.99 for 44 minutes of any TV Show, especially if the episode in question was just decent imo, I don't care what they pack in with the set. $12.99 for just the episode alone is outrageous.

El Chuxter
01-16-2008, 01:24 AM
I do have to admit, though, that $13.49 for the show and the extras is a pretty good deal.

Of course, if I wasn't behind on my Family Guy collection anyway, I wouldn't have been able to take advantage.

UKWildcat
01-16-2008, 01:41 AM
I wouldn't call that a deal at all; when you can pay $6-7 more dollars ($19.99), for a Family Guy Volume set and obtain 13+ more episodes and more special features. OR when you can pay $3-5 more dollars, get a 2 hour movie plus a whole second bonus disc jam packed with extras.

El Chuxter
01-16-2008, 01:51 AM
Yeah, but I'm assuming that this isn't going to be on the Season Six boxed set. I'd prefer it if it were.

UKWildcat
01-16-2008, 02:00 AM
I certainly hope it is; thats what I'm banking on. ;)

Beast
01-16-2008, 10:59 AM
I certainly hope it is; thats what I'm banking on. ;)
It probably won't be. They didn't put the Stewie Griffen episodes on it.

Which was kind of annoying, considering they differ from the full movie.

Oh, and I picked up a copy of the Family Guy Presents: Blue Harvest SE myself. :D

jedi master sal
01-16-2008, 11:36 AM
I'll wait for this to clearance. It was an a'ight episode, but I'm not paying premium for Family GUy even if it's SW related. Certainly not $20 something for one episode. If I see it for $5-8 I'll get it.

jedi master sal
01-16-2008, 05:51 PM
Received my AT-TE gunner accessory set from Gentle Giant, as well as the Blue Senate guard from an eBay purchase.

On Monday I got my Clone set from the Battlefront pack-eBay purchase.

JediTricks
01-16-2008, 09:21 PM
I can't believe there's anybody dogging the Blue Harvest ep as less than stellar, I found it to be one of the Star Wars highlights of '07 and one of the funniest things I'd ever seen. Hence...

Family Guy Blue Harvest dlx DVD set - I wanted a little more extras for double the pricetag, but what's there is cool. The digital version to put on your PC or ipod is a nifty extra, I doubt I'll watch it on my Media Player and my MP3 player doesn't support DRM though so it's a little needless.

plus my HTS order finally came in...

TAC Jango - decent figure, head isn't quite as accurate as it first appeared but all around a fun fig. They should have included the gauntlets, as it's already a good figure but that would have taken it to another level. The poncho is apparently sewed funky on all of 'em, I thought mine was defective over this issue but now I see they're all like that.

TAC McRebel - almost forgot to mention this one. This "opener" actually came in really good shape, weird since the box was poorly packed like all HTS shipments. The figure is actually quite nifty out of the package, lots of articulation, one of the better holsters (even if the gun is small and boring) and the armor is nifty both on and off. I considered leaving him with only the top half of the helmet since it connects more obviously to the regular ANH rebel troopers, but it's not what Ralph drew so I didn't.

Transformers Landmine - cool vehicle mode, clever reimagining of G1 transformation, decent bot with crappy head design.

DarthQuack
01-16-2008, 09:38 PM
The Best of RAW 15th Anniversary 3-DVD set
Antique Popcorn Maker(from cashing in Disney Rewards codes)
$10 gift card to Bath and Body for my mom's b-day

jedi master sal
01-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Marvel Heroes:
Phoenix/Wolverine (brown suit)
Logan/Motorcycle
Thor/Loki
Ant Man/Dr. Strange
Pryo/Iceman
Human Torch/Annihilator (or something like that)
Nightcrawler/Juggernaut
Gambit/Rogue
Black Panther/Storm

So I still need the Beast/Iceman and Captain America/Nick Fury sets if any can help. PLEASE!!!

Kidhuman
01-17-2008, 07:13 AM
Got a Boba Fett Potato Head yesterday. Friend of mine from work has a girlfriend who works in Disney(Fla) and he went down there and ot it for me.

LTBasker
01-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Family Guy - Blue Harvest (Special Edition)
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
Diamond Select TNG "Capt. Picard and Command Chair" x2

jamesbondo07
01-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Got a great deal on TAC figures. Wal-Mart had them on sale for $2.50. I picked up a bunch of death star troopers and a few other extras. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-18-2008, 09:39 PM
I had a good day today:

1 Hawkbat Clone
2 7th Legion clones
1 TAC Stormie
1 SL AOTC Clone
2 sets of Target SW Christmas ornaments(25 cents each)
Family Guy Blue Harvest Sepcial Edition DVD
Futurama Season 3.
Pink Floyd Hoodie(Cleaerance at Target for 6 bucks)
Beatles Abbey Road Hoodie(6 bucks also)

jedi master sal
01-19-2008, 10:35 AM
ARC Battle pack for $9.98! Was really surprised to find this.

NIGHTWATCH Leader Class Optimus Prime<---this almost made me faint. I couldn't believe it was just sitting there on the shelf. This thing is rare. I've never seen it on shelves before.

Also received a batch of figs I bought from a collector friend in Canada:
Preview Wookie
Wookie Heavy Gunner
Yarua-wookiee senator
Battle Droid (EPI style)-2 dirty, 1 clean
Spacetrooper

bobafrett
01-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Got a Boba Fett Potato Head yesterday. Friend of mine from work has a girlfriend who works in Disney(Fla) and he went down there and ot it for me.

Was it the same size as the Vader and Stormtrooper? And if so, was this a disney exclusive?

DarthQuack
01-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Couple of books from Borders...

I, Jedi
Courtship of Princess Leia

mericen
01-19-2008, 01:47 PM
Yesterday at two Targets in Columbus I bought one of the Hawkback Batallion clones and one of the 7th Legion Clones. Now I only need 9 more figures to be done with 2007.

El Chuxter
01-19-2008, 02:29 PM
I, Jedi is one of the best, DQ. Courtship isn't bad, either.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Today I was planning on getting Volume 2 of the Young Indy Chronicles. I saw it at Wal-Mart, but it seemed higher than what I expected. So, I figured I would get it at Costco since that is where I got volume 1. However, they didn't have it. I did end up getting the following instead:

Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix 2 Disc set
Family Guy Blue Harvest Box Set
Looney Tunes Golden Collection Volumes 1-5 Box Set

I don't watch the Family Guy, but the clips I'd seen of this parody looked good, so I figured I would get it.

I'd wanted to get the cartoons for quite some time, but didn't want to spend the money on it. Getting all 5 volumes for $149.99 seemed like a good deal though.

El Chuxter
01-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I've seen that set, and it really makes me wish I didn't buy 1&2 separately.

jedi master sal
01-19-2008, 04:51 PM
Fox Football Robot Action figure

DarthQuack
01-19-2008, 05:19 PM
I, Jedi is one of the best, DQ. Courtship isn't bad, either.

Good deal, trying to do my best getting through all the post OT books, I'll be a lil out of order, just finished the Thrawn trilogy....so I'll read Court then go to Jedi Academy trilogy.

El Chuxter
01-19-2008, 05:33 PM
I'd definitely read the Jedi Academy Trilogy before I, Jedi. They're not as good, but I, Jedi partly takes place in the background of the JAT, so it'll make more sense if you have the background.

Reading the Rogue Squadron series first would give more background, too, but it's not as vital.

DarthQuack
01-19-2008, 06:03 PM
Yea, I've just been following the map on the first pages of the newer books, just going by that list.:thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
01-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Rogue Squadron books were among my favorites, except for the last one. I, Jedi was good as well.

figrin bran
01-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Titanium AT-OT
Cars Dinoco Mia/Tia
DC Fighting Figures Supes/Darkseid
JLA 17, Booster Gold 6

Kidhuman
01-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver & Psychic Paper

Doctor Who Series 1 6 Figure Giftset

Doctor Who 5" Damaged Manhattan Dalek Thay

If anyone wants the link to the site PM me for it.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-20-2008, 06:47 PM
Have you tried to see if the psychic paper works?

Kidhuman
01-20-2008, 11:35 PM
I just ordered it today, havent gotten them yet MSP. I will let you know ASAP when they arrive. I think JT has it already

El Chuxter
01-21-2008, 12:34 AM
A new computer
A new 500 gig external drive
Pepperoni pizza
Boba Fett & Captain Keller comic packs
Baby Orajel
Bagels
PBS-exclusive Johnny Cash CD (basically an unreleased 3rd disc to Personal File)

Funny thing is, I don't have to come up with random lists of goofy stuff. My real purchases are just as weird. (Well, the Cash CD was "free" with the donation.)

Kidhuman
01-23-2008, 10:54 AM
2 Hawkbat Clones
1 Holo Vader

El Chuxter
01-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Carp, man, if I knew people wanted that Holo Vader POS, I could've been picking them up.

Got myself a Hawkbat and Vanguard Trooper the other day as well, finally. The VT's gun is stupid, but I just wanted the African-Naboo Trooper. Oddly, speaking of Naboo, I have yet to see the red-suited soldier.

DarthQuack
01-23-2008, 04:13 PM
1 book of stamps.

Ji'dai
01-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Received my replacement Indiana Jones mini-fig head from LEGO Tuesday. One of the Indy sets I bought had an Anakin head rather than Dr. Jones, which is as nefarious as Hasbro putting Jango heads on OT Imperial troops.

Today I got Carnivale Season 2 in the mail from Best Buy.

JediTricks
01-25-2008, 12:35 AM
Star Trek: The Tour ticket - $25 with $5 rebate. The tour was a mixed bag, what they had was good, but it wasn't enough stuff and the layout was miserable. Plus, it was a ghost town, more employees than customers (not an exaggeration), so bad they closed 2 hours early and closed their ripoff food section even earlier. I got a ton of photos and had a good time, and if it had been $15 I would have been thrilled, but it felt weird and kinda sad and a little ripoffy. Nothing from the new movie.

ST:TOS Bronze-handled Phaser - $30 from the gift shop at the exit, not a great price but not bad (their pricing was ALL OVER THE MAP on this stuff, dangle earrings of the Enterprise for just $29 but a simple knit T-shirt with a TMP-era transporter signage - not even the main signage - for $45). Anyway, the phaser is from DST/AA and it's even better than I possibly imagined, wonderful Trek toy, except for the screw holes on one side it's perfection. The bronze handle is INCREDIBLY subtle, nearly black, I didn't see the difference at first. Removable type-1 phaser with 4 dial-controlled phaser sound/light settings, an overload setting, the type-1 and type-2 each have independent LEDs, the type-2 has a cutoff for the emitter and the ring around it changes how bright it comes out. Pure Trek love.

Titanium Series Jabba's Skiff - way better than I expected. Great weathered paint. Retractable landing legs that look like the Kenner 3.75" vehicle, fantastic homage. Pull-out plank is actually better than the Kenner toy's, comes out further (in scale).

TS classic Battlestar Galactica - too skinny, lackluster paint, but decent detailing. A bit of a letdown, but not a disaster, just not as good as modern Galactica. No copyright text that I can find.

Transformers Storm Surge - fixes the horrific paint issues the original version of the mold suffered, but still mold that takes some getting used to.

NIGHTWATCH Leader Class Optimus Prime<---this almost made me faint. I couldn't believe it was just sitting there on the shelf. This thing is rare. I've never seen it on shelves before.Sorry bud, not rare, just new. I've seen it at all 3 major retailers in the past week. Leader class is almost NEVER rare because of the high price. Great mold though, I love it. What do you think of the new coloring?

Have you tried to see if the psychic paper works?Totally awesome, I love it. It's simple, write with the UV ink washable marker tip on the paper, shine the screwdriver's blacklight LED tip at it and it really pops out (plus, the LED action also makes "the noise", and there's 2 slightly different versions), turn it off and it's invisible. It does take a little water to wash it totally off the "paper" though, but it's a small price to pay. You can find the set at TRU now, usually alongside the Spy Gear toys.

Got myself a Hawkbat and Vanguard Trooper the other day as well, finally. The VT's gun is stupid, but I just wanted the African-Naboo Trooper. Oddly, speaking of Naboo, I have yet to see the red-suited soldier.The gun (rocket launcher actually) is straight out of the game, several different heavy-trooper classes use it in both BF1 and 2. It's about 20% smaller in the game though, and obviously not bent. In BF2, the rebel version of the rocket launcher is a slightly lighter shade of dark gray, and it has dark green accents, so Hasbro got that wrong, they're using the Assault Droid version (heavy trooper-classed Battle Droid).

El Chuxter
01-25-2008, 01:35 AM
Yeah, but it still looks stupid translated to plastic.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-25-2008, 02:19 AM
Totally awesome, I love it. It's simple, write with the UV ink washable marker tip on the paper, shine the screwdriver's blacklight LED tip at it and it really pops out (plus, the LED action also makes "the noise", and there's 2 slightly different versions), turn it off and it's invisible. It does take a little water to wash it totally off the "paper" though, but it's a small price to pay. You can find the set at TRU now, usually alongside the Spy Gear toys.No, I mean is it really psychic paper? Can you trick people with it?:D

Ji'dai
01-25-2008, 06:07 PM
Picked up a LEGO Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring on clearance for $35 today.

JediTricks
01-25-2008, 11:08 PM
No, I mean is it really psychic paper? Can you trick people with it?:DIt got you to reply, so I guess so. :p

Picked up a LEGO Jedi Starfighter with Hyperdrive Booster Ring on clearance for $35 today.Nice get, where? I need to partake of that deal.

DarthQuack
01-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Duma Key by Stephen King

Ji'dai
01-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Nice get, where? I need to partake of that deal. Found the Jedi Starfighter w/ Booster Ring at Wal-Mart. Nice surprise too since I typically only see Spongebob and Bionicle sets in the clearance aisles.

JediTricks
01-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Rats, WM is tougher to track down with clearances. Thanks for the 411 though, I'll keep an eye out.

jedi master sal
01-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Marvel Super Hero Squad
Capt America/Nick Fury
Spidey/Mysterio
Spidey/Black Cat
Spidey/Lizard
Venom/Puma

Titaniums:
2X AT-OT
Skiff
Battlestar Galactica (original version)

Cody/Turbo Tank transformer

Transformers:
Optimus Prime-Voyager class (G1)
Evac-Voyager class (repaint of the copter from the movie)
Off-road Ironhide (blue variant) Voyager class
Decepticon grey camo airplane (I forget the name of it)

Tons of minis! over 100 of them from the TFU and Alliance and Empire lines.

Comic Packs
5XKeller/Marine comic sets (the Kellers are avaiable for trade/sale-at cost)
Boba/RA-7

Galactic Heroes:
Red Clone officer from Geonosis set
AOTC C-3PO
both won on eBay for cheap

I think that's all for now.

Kidhuman
01-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Picked up the new comic 2 pack of Lt. Jundland and Dena Shan at WM. They had the others as well, but I passed for now on them.

JetsAndHeels
01-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Picked up Rock Band special edition for the 360.

General_Grievous
01-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Picked up Rock Band special edition for the 360.

That's awesome. My friend got this last week and I've been playing it a lot. I'm really thinking of getting this in the near future since I have a $50 gift card from EB Games.

JetsAndHeels
01-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Yeah, it really is a superb game. I got it just for the drums really...I wouldn't have even thought about buying it until last weekend when I went to see a friend who had it. I spent alot of time playing it and I was hooked.

Rocketboy
01-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Pfft! Everyone knows it's all about Guitar Hero.

Kidhuman
01-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Got 2 Concept Snowtroopers today from Mtriv73.

Kidhuman
01-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Got my Dr. Who order today:

6 pack with:

10th Doctor
Gelth Zombie
Slitheen
pig monster
Auton
Empty Child(gas mask)

Dalek Thay
Sonic Screwdriver and psychic paper