PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Porkins?

stillakid
01-01-2008, 09:33 PM
What EXACTLY happened that made Porkins blow up? He was going in for an attack, then we see some random shots of green crossfire from the Death Star, then Porkins says "I've got a problem here" but never says what it is.

Was he hit? Was it some kind of mechanical or electronic malfunction in his XWing? Why did Porkins blow up? :confused:

bigbarada
01-01-2008, 11:11 PM
What EXACTLY happened that made Porkins blow up? He was going in for an attack, then we see some random shots of green crossfire from the Death Star, then Porkins says "I've got a problem here" but never says what it is.

Was he hit? Was it some kind of mechanical or electronic malfunction in his XWing? Why did Porkins blow up? :confused:

It was that third helping of chili before the battle.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-02-2008, 12:21 AM
I'll have to rewatch the DVD to see what is shown, but according to the Annotated Screenplay, "An explosion hits Porkins's ship, and the cabin fills with smoke."

Blue2th
01-02-2008, 08:27 AM
It was the seventies man. That smoke was from the big ol' bong he had goin' in the cockpit. Why do you think he always had the munchies?

Bel-Cam Jos
01-02-2008, 12:16 PM
I'd guess that some problem with flight control occurred, be it enemy fire or computer issue, because the simple "pull up" comment from Biggs apparently was the most obvious solution, and his ship couldn't do it. Then, he was an easy victim to TIE lasers.

Slicker
01-02-2008, 08:42 PM
I'd guess that some problem with flight control occurred, be it enemy fire or computer issue, because the simple "pull up" comment from Biggs apparently was the most obvious solution, and his ship couldn't do it. Then, he was an easy victim to TIE lasers.That's basically what I thought. His controls were hit or something critical and it caused his ship to blow up.

Kidhuman
01-02-2008, 09:04 PM
He thought the red wire was strawberry licorice and ate it, then couldnt control the X-wing.

Rocketboy
01-02-2008, 09:17 PM
The Joker shot him.

TeeEye7
01-03-2008, 01:23 PM
The Joker shot him.

Not the Space Cowboy? How 'bout the Gangster of Love? :love:

Rocketboy
01-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Nope. It was The Joker, babbling something like "Think about the future."

Jargo
01-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Biggs tells him to pull up but his stomach gets in the way and he can't move the joystick. Then he realises he only has one shot of geting an action figure made of him so he goes for the dramatic death scene. what you don't hear him scream as his ship is destroyed is one word "ARTICULATIONNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!"