PDA

View Full Version : Cougars

Tycho
01-03-2008, 02:26 PM
A cougar is an older woman making a play for you when she's about 10 -15 years older than you are. Or even well over that.

I guess they're called that because girls get "catty," and the big cat on the mountain is the cougar. :???:

Alright. Whatever.

It's an interesting subject to explore, since most of the men I know favor women who are younger than they are. This definitely applies to myself.

However, the older woman will try 10 times as hard to have an interesting personality and be amicable.

Have you been stalked by a cougar before? Old ladies seem to like me. WTF?

Please share your story.

jedi master sal
01-03-2008, 02:37 PM
A cougar is an older woman making a play for you when she's about 10 -15 years older than you are. Or even well over that.

I guess they're called that because girls get "catty," and the big cat on the mountain is the cougar. :???:

Alright. Whatever.

It's an interesting subject to explore, since most of the men I know favor women who are younger than they are. This definitely applies to myself.

However, the older woman will try 10 times as hard to have an interesting personality and be amicable.

Have you been stalked by a cougar before? Old ladies seem to like me. WTF?

Please share your story.

Josh, maybe you should go for the older woman. The cliché being the older the grape the sweeter the wine.

At the least they've got the experience to know how to please a man (but also how to p1ss one off...lol)

Given your take of using a woman up, maybe a change is in order. I'd have to think older women wouldn't take to being used up, so you'd maybe have a short time with each one, but that keeps things fresh and new for you without having to commit to one which seems to be another issue with you.

Sorry to anyone if it seems I'm speaking out of turn. I don't like to give "advice" like this. However in the case of Tycho, I think a different approach may do him some good.

Take it for what it's worth Josh and a grain of salt.
-Sal

2-1B
01-03-2008, 02:46 PM
a grain of salt and a shot of penicillin.

CaptainSolo1138
01-03-2008, 03:06 PM
The cliché being the older the grape the sweeter the wine."Man, that's 'the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice!'"

I don't mind ogling cougars, but I prefer(ed) younger chicks. (Cue Wooderson)

Bel-Cam Jos
01-03-2008, 04:04 PM
As is the case with any relationship, it's what you're looking to get from it. Somebody nearer your age-level interests, more physical and superficial, live your life with someone for the same amount of time? Go younger/same age. Want experiences from life different than your own, maturity, usually better conversations, shorter long-term time together? Go older.

And, as also is the case, it depends on the individual. I've known females "wiser beyond their years" and older women who appear clueless and dull. Conversation skills vary.

End result; my reply does little. :yes:

JetsAndHeels
01-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Cougars are the way to go. All the local rest homes and retirement centers here are packed with them!! The best part about dating a cougar that old is the relationship hardly lasts too long!!

jjreason
01-03-2008, 04:41 PM
I've had lots of fun & luck chatting up cougars (when I was younger and less married, mind you) but never closed one. They do seem to be a lot of fun to speak with and are a lot less hung up and snobby than the younger ones who feel like they're "in their prime" or whatever.

We had a bar in my home town called Old Chicago's, it wound up getting quite the reputation as being a den for older ladies - so it quickly garnered the nickname Old Chicougars'!!! lol

Tycho
01-03-2008, 05:09 PM
- so it quickly garnered the nickname Old Chicougars'!!! lol

That's funny and made me LOL.

but that keeps things fresh and new for you without having to commit to one which seems to be another issue with you.

Well, this was really supposed to be a thread exploring "the phenomenon," but I'll answer it on a personal level for a minute.

We all know I don't need to be legally chained to "an Anna Nicole Smith" or "Ivanna Trump." That's really the issue with commitment for me. That and if I were to compare how far I usually get with ladies, "Erkel" comes to mind. (I know - old reference, but I don't watch a lot of modern TV - so just think of any one of the kid characters from "Superbad" and you get the idea.)

Yup. I guess the older cougar can and has had to take care of herself, but I also don't need the Sugar Mama either.

KFed made the best move in the history of mankind if you ask me, but I'd prefer the girl without a million prescription pharmaceuticals - or the need for them.

bigbarada
01-03-2008, 05:14 PM
I have an older girl who I'm really good friends with and everyone around us is pushing us to take our relationship to the next level. Which isn't a major problem for me, I'll be 35 in May and she's in her 40s and already has grandchildren, but she looks like she's in her 30s and acts like she's in her late-20s. I just don't want to push things because it might ruin a great friendship.

I have noticed that the older girls can feels their clocks ticking and realize that their options are dwindling. Thus, they are more willing to accept you for who you are and not try to change you AS MUCH. So if you're not exactly knocking girls down with stunning good looks, then maybe the older woman is the best option.:)

Tycho
01-03-2008, 05:29 PM
You're supposed to knock girls down with stunning good looks?

Even when I was better looking, I always thought I was supposed to knock them down with my car! :clueless: :crazed:

El Chuxter
01-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Tycho, I now have a mental image of you with your pants hiked up, asking people if they have any cheese.

Tycho
01-03-2008, 05:32 PM
It was GLUE Chuxter. That episode in Las Vegas....I wanted to sniff some glue.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-04-2008, 12:07 AM
I used to fantasize about older women, but now I'm getting close to the age those women I used to fantasize about were. The point is moot anyway as I'd probably be too immature for those type of women. I'll just stick to being a loner.

El Chuxter
01-04-2008, 12:14 AM
Back on topic, not to be crude, but if you're only out for one thing, chances are any cougars you meet in bars are likely only out for that same thing.

jedi master sal
01-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Back on topic, not to be crude, but if you're only out for one thing, chances are any cougars you meet in bars are likely only out for that same thing.

There you go and problem solved, lol.

Tycho
01-04-2008, 03:49 AM
I met the young one tonight (she's 22 and sooooooo fine!). It looks like we're going to be making plans to see more of each other!

And I learned she doesn't wear any underwear!

Oh, she reads sci-fi, likes Star Wars - that's already out in the open - and she's met Ray Bradbury in person at a science fiction book convention. Plus she lives in the exact same apartment complex I just moved out of 2 years ago, has more of the same professors I did.

This is surreal. This negates all my theories about there NOT being a woman for me. I'm going to have to explain to her tomorrow that I don't believe she actually exists.

That's just it. I've found a False-Person.

jedi master sal
01-04-2008, 08:40 AM
I met the young one tonight (she's 22 and sooooooo fine!). It looks like we're going to be making plans to see more of each other!

And I learned she doesn't wear any underwear!

Oh, she reads sci-fi, likes Star Wars - that's already out in the open - and she's met Ray Bradbury in person at a science fiction book convention. Plus she lives in the exact same apartment complex I just moved out of 2 years ago, has more of the same professors I did.

This is surreal. This negates all my theories about there NOT being a woman for me. I'm going to have to explain to her tomorrow that I don't believe she actually exists.

That's just it. I've found a False-Person.

She doesn't exist Tycho. It's the mouse droid you've been sniffing again. Delusions of grandeur....lol