PDA

View Full Version : wow! stap speeder scooter

good shot jansen
08-23-2001, 10:42 AM
someone, sent this (http://www.zapworld.com/starwars.htm) to me, saying it would make a great birthday gift for mason. i responded with da heck with the kid! i want it!:D

of coursen there's always the lil problem of the missus (but honey! we really do need this!)

she puts up with my galoobitis, (hey i can think of worse things i could be doing at 41), however, i think this may go a tad bit over the line
;)

jeddah
08-23-2001, 01:54 PM
...I think I'd kit-bash it and have it coming out of the wall sans chassy, with a large BD on it.....

GSJ, it doesn't look substantial enough for a grownup :p

I'd quite like one tho'

jeddah

good shot jansen
08-23-2001, 02:22 PM
that's the bloody worst thing anyone's ever called me:mad:

hhhmmmppph!

i'm leavin' work right now, and i'm going home to play with my toys!:p

a grown up?

yyyeeeeecccchhhhhhh!:mad:

Grif
08-23-2001, 04:04 PM
That thing looks pretty cool but $699.99!! I would wait until the price goes down a little... well a lot.

JediTricks
08-24-2001, 10:46 AM
I remember seeing this one in the Star Wars Insider catalog... what's that, it's actually a magazine with a catalog inside? You coulda fooled me!!! Annnnyway, I'm afraid this thing is not safe for your boy yet GSJ, it's an electric scooter and they're not safe for kids under 12. Actually, it turns out they're not safe for ANYBODY, according to yesterday's news report.

jeddah
08-24-2001, 10:56 AM
there ya go JT, the sober voice of fun, as always, moderating people's lives as well as the boards :p.

jeddah :D

good shot jansen
08-24-2001, 02:30 PM
:p

jt, i saw the same ad in the insider, and had completely forgotten about it!

the thing would be so much cooler as a unicycle! at least it would be accurate!

talk about unsafe at any speeds, a motorized unicycle, wheeee!

JediTricks
08-25-2001, 12:04 PM
You know me Jeddah, always the voice of doom. Or, at least, that's what my mom calls me. ;) (Then again, if she had listened to me about those loose slippers, she wouldn't have broken her foot yesterday!)

GSJ, Nader is being dispatched to your house right away just for THINKING about such a thing! :D Actually, don't you guys remember that "next big thing" called "Ginger"? It turned out to be a gyroscopically-controled one-wheeled vehicle that kept the rider upright no matter what, CNN had a story every 3 seconds about it?