PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Wave 3 a Clone Wars Wave?

Battle Droid
01-05-2008, 01:16 PM
I find this hard to believe when there's a Clone Wars line coming out but,

From, http://potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12706

Obi-Wan (in General's armor)
Clone Trooper with quad cannon
Clone SCUBA Trooper
Saesee Tiin in General armor
Padme Ilum
Black IG-88 Speeder-Bike Droid
Mon Calamari Warrior
Quarren Soldier

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-05-2008, 02:32 PM
I, too, find it hard to believe that they'd release a wave of eight highly-requested Clone Wars figures before the new show comes out, especially given the source. It would also suck somewhat if they made a new Ilum Padmé; I'd much rather see an all-new one. The others I'd gladly take but I doubt they'll actually be released all in one go.

El Chuxter
01-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Ilum Padme could be a re-release, as could (possibly) be the Obi-Wan (though even they've admitted he sucked). The others would have to be new sculpts, or heavily retooled from existing sculpts. I rather doubt a whole wave of new sculpts from a show that's almost four years old is likely.

And no Nelvaan warrior? Dude, WTF? I'd give up a Jawa figure for a Nelvaan. And I'd pick my Jawa figures over world peace.

Battle Droid
01-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I want HUGE mutant Nelvaan Warrior.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Wait, I just realized that Obi-Wan in General's Armor could instead be something like he wore in Series II/Season III/whatever they called it. He wears something similar in the new show, though, so who knows. I still want a clone armor Obi-Wan that doesn't totally suck.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-05-2008, 03:57 PM
I really doubt this will happen, but you never know, espically as much as i would like to see most of these figures on a single card. Padme (Illum), the only Padme i really want... (Damn Target exclusives), Scuba Trooper...About time. Jedi's in general gear...Obi Wan better be a new sculpt the older one is a POS... The droids and aliens i'm behind, and possiably enough to even army build a little with, espically the Mon cals. I'll keep my fingers crossed, but i won't hold my breath.

Battle Droid
01-05-2008, 03:59 PM
Hasbro did say that one of the figures from Wave 3 would be an update of a 2007 Battle Pack figure.

Ilum Padme?

El Chuxter
01-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Why? She doesn't need updating. She's an awesome figure.

Battle Droid
01-05-2008, 04:16 PM
She could use more articulation, and a better head likeness.

El Chuxter
01-05-2008, 04:36 PM
We have had a LOT of Battlepacks released in 2007. The figure could be any of these:

Aayla Secura
Clone Wars Obi-Wan (w/ bandoliers)
Count Dooku
Super Battle Droid
Bespin Leia
Bespin Han
Chewbacca
Boba Fett
Darth Vader
Stormtrooper
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Grey ROTS Clonetrooper
Blue-grey ROTS Clone Commander
AOTC Anakin
AOTC C-3PO/Battle Droid
R2-D2
ARC Trooper
Captain Fordo
ARC Heavy Gunner
Dagobah R2-D2
Dagobah/Bespin Luke
Evil Spirit (Vader)
Ghost of Obi-Wan
Dagobah Yoda
Darth Sidious (red robes)
Mace Windu
Saessee Tiin
Agen Kolar
Kit Fisto
Asajj Ventress
Obi-Wan in Clonetrooper Armor
Yavin IV Anakin
General Grievous
Snowbunny Padme
Ilum C-3PO
Ilum R2-D2
Chameleon Droid
ARC-170 Astromech
ARC-170 Pilot
ARC-170 Clonetrooper
AT-RT Driver
Camo Clone Commander
Commander Bly
"327th Star Corps" Clonetrooper
AT-ST Driver
Biker Scout
Endor Han
Dochee
Widdle (AKA Wicket)
Hoth Han
Hoth Luke
Hoth Rebel Trooper
Hoth Rebel Commander
Snowtrooper
Tusken Raider
Tusken Female
Tusken Kid
Bantha
Massiff
Commander Neyo
BARC Trooper
Acklay
Nexu
Reek
Arena Padme
Geonosian Warrior

Whew. That's a lot.

Of those, I (sadly) think Neyo is the most likely to see revisiting. After all, they made an exception for him in the poll, so they definitely have the interest. I think we can all probably agree Grievous is the most in need of redoing, though, due to his insanely small size.

pegger
01-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm pumped about this wave. I'm not big into EU - but I loved the cartoon series - and these are high on my list of figs that I want from the cartoon.

jjreason
01-05-2008, 06:35 PM
And I'm a little "meh" about the news (for what that's worth). It just seems like old news to me. With any luck, these'll all be done in the "Animated" style - meaning I won't feel compelled to get them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-05-2008, 07:24 PM
And I'm a little "meh" about the news (for what that's worth). It just seems like old news to me. With any luck, these'll all be done in the "Animated" style - meaning I won't feel compelled to get them.
From what I understand, they stopped doing animated style and aren't making any more.

As for being one of the characters from the Battlepacks, they also DID say somewhere else that they're making either Fordo in his Coruscant gear or a Scuba trooper; the Scuba trooper is on the list, but Fordo was in a Battlepack released last year (technically re-released, but still). Again, all speculation, but I still think we're more likely to get a Coruscant Fordo instead of another Ilum Padmé or a Scuba trooper, especially since he'd just be a repaint with the Neyo head.

And I'd much, much rather have ANY movie Padmé over another Ilum one.

mark2d2
01-05-2008, 07:27 PM
This waves sucks. Three waves in to next year and I am only buying two figures. Is Hasbro seriously trying to kill the line or what?

Adam
01-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm sure we'll get plenty of OT figures next year. Maybe not as much as we are used to, but some is better than none.

This wave would be a good one for that Clone Wars promo we saw awhile back. In concept, I am interested in all these figures. As for Padme, the battlepack one sucks, so I'll take a new one. The one figure that would make this wave one of my favorites of all time would be a Phase 2 Fordo. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-05-2008, 09:21 PM
I dont think they will be a clone wars wave. Didnt they say the CW stuff will be released in the fall?

maatu
01-05-2008, 10:19 PM
i am hoping it's a new wave of figures. not retooled figures already done.

Adam
01-05-2008, 11:14 PM
I dont think they will be a clone wars wave. Didnt they say the CW stuff will be released in the fall?

For the CGI series yes. They also said they wouldn't be putting any figures from the Microseries in that line so.. its not impossible. And like I said earlier, it would be a good point to slot in that Clone Wars Promo we saw a few weeks ago.

figrin bran
01-06-2008, 01:10 AM
I've been waiting for an armored Saesee Tinn so bring on the Clone Wars wave!!! I even made a custom from the Clone Wars bust up but a realistic version would be nice.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-06-2008, 11:31 AM
That would be a great wave. Hope it actually happens. Don't really need another Ilum Padme, unless it's a different version than the BP, but we all know how Hasbro likes to repack.

Bosskman
01-06-2008, 12:04 PM
This wave sounds pretty good. CW is the only EU I stuff I have no quams about getting.

Cane_Adiss
01-06-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm actually really excited about this wave, if it's true. It makes sense that they'd go all out with the last wave of CW animated series before the CG series takes over. Several of the figures (Clone armor Obi-Wan, General Saesee Tiin, IG Lancer droid, SCUBA Trooper, Ilum Padme) I've been wanting (done right) for a long time.

Others on the list were a complete suprise to me. I never thought we'd get another Quarren figure after Tessek. The Mon Calamari Warrior would be cool as well, but I'd like to see his fish thingy done eventually too. The clone with a quad cannon will be nice to see, but he'd be the only one on this list I'd pass on as I'm tired of clones. I look forward to the Scuba Trooper tho!

bigbarada
01-06-2008, 09:34 PM
This waves sucks. Three waves in to next year and I am only buying two figures. Is Hasbro seriously trying to kill the line or what?

Ditto. If this is true, then that means that there won't be a single OT figure on the shelves until April or May at the earliest.

Looks like 2008 will be the year that Hasbro killed Star Wars.

Adam
01-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Ditto. If this is true, then that means that there won't be a single OT figure on the shelves until April or May at the earliest.

... leaving the majority of the rest of the year to OT figures since there supposedly won't be a solid AOTC or TPM wave and the CGI Clone Wars is its own line..

You guys are really jumping the gun on this.

Blue2th
01-07-2008, 12:30 AM
I really hope all of these figures are made. They may as well do these before the CGI series is made. Who knows when they would get to them with all the OT figures we're expecting on top of the Clone Wars CGI ones.

We really need a well done SA Clone Wars I Obi-Wan in Armour, before they get to the second version.
I definitely want a Scuba Trooper and General Saesee. Illum Padme would be cool, as long as she's a nice upgraded one.
I wonder if we'll get a giant Nelvann. Don't think there were any small ones anyways except for the kid warrior. That figure could be as big as Hermi Odle.
All these figs mentioned are winners, and I really don't want any re-packs of OT or PT figures anyways.

pegger
01-07-2008, 06:53 AM
I wonder if we'll get a giant Nelvann. Don't think there were any small ones anyways except for the kid warrior.

There was one - in a tank - Anakin watched him get mutated. A giant Nelvann would be cool.

I really enjoyed the cartoons - and would like to see them make more CW figs.

jedi master sal
01-07-2008, 12:32 PM

BB, there are plenty of fans who like PT, EU and CW. I don't think they will kill it just yet.

In fact kids of today grew up on the PT, so they'd be MORE inclined to those figures than OT.

Just chalk it up as a year to save some money...

bigbarada
01-07-2008, 11:29 PM
BB, there are plenty of fans who like PT, EU and CW. I don't think they will kill it just yet.

In fact kids of today grew up on the PT, so they'd be MORE inclined to those figures than OT.

Just chalk it up as a year to save some money...

Actually, I was just thinking that it will be a great year to build my vintage collection back up.

Although, with the way that Nelvanna Anakin, Roron Corob and Yoda w/Kybuck rotted on the pegs around here. I don't think kids really remember the CW cartoon. They haven't been on TV in almost three years and the DVDs have been out of stores for over a year.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-08-2008, 01:53 AM
Actually, I was just thinking that it will be a great year to build my vintage collection back up.

Although, with the way that Nelvanna Anakin, Roron Corob and Yoda w/Kybuck rotted on the pegs around here. I don't think kids really remember the CW cartoon. They haven't been on TV in almost three years and the DVDs have been out of stores for over a year.
Are they STILL pegwarming? Around here, it's Death Star Troopers, Imperial Officers, and Boushh Leias. Nothing from wave 5 stays more than a day or two.

bigbarada
01-08-2008, 03:56 AM
Are they STILL pegwarming? Around here, it's Death Star Troopers, Imperial Officers, and Boushh Leias. Nothing from wave 5 stays more than a day or two.

All of wave 5 pegwarmed around here even Hermi, Malak and Revan; but after the Christmas rush Roron Corobb is the only straggler.

El Chuxter
01-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Wave 5 pegwarmed? Hereabouts, I'd always see the Luke to let me know it had arrived. I saw Malak and C-3PO twice, and the others once.

bigbarada
01-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Wave 5 pegwarmed? Hereabouts, I'd always see the Luke to let me know it had arrived. I saw Malak and C-3PO twice, and the others once.

They sat around for weeks around here and I got tired of constantly siftng through Rorons, shirtless Anakins, Kybucks, Salacious Crumbs and Hermi Odles to find new figures. Malak, Revan and pre-Grievous would sit around for a few days but slowly disappear with Grievous usually going first.

I only bought Hermi and Salacious from this wave, nothing else interested me.

Kidhuman
01-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Wave 5 sold here quickly. Never around more than 2 days.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Wave five went like hot cakes around here, they never sat around longer than a day before they would be gone like the dinosaurs. Great wave, with decent figures, the best wave of the year no doubt, with all of them with the exception of Revan being solid figures, and Revan just needed soft goods to be perfect.

Sorry for the double post, but as much as i love the ot figures like you, the clone wars, and other sources of star wars are just as important if not now more important than the OT...since the OT core figures are basically done...if hasbro doesn't want to kill the line they must do figures like the clone wars stuff. Though i do understand were your coming from, and it must suck for you to only be inclined to purchase only two figures for 08...and from what i've seen my count is much higher other than wave 2. Wave one was blah to me since most of those figures didn't do it for me. If wave three is what this rumors say it is then i'm on board for it...

bigbarada
01-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Sorry for the double post, but as much as i love the ot figures like you, the clone wars, and other sources of star wars are just as important if not now more important than the OT...since the OT core figures are basically done...if hasbro doesn't want to kill the line they must do figures like the clone wars stuff. Though i do understand were your coming from, and it must suck for you to only be inclined to purchase only two figures for 08...and from what i've seen my count is much higher other than wave 2. Wave one was blah to me since most of those figures didn't do it for me. If wave three is what this rumors say it is then i'm on board for it...

Well, I'll probably buy more than two figures. Since I'll get the two wave one Clonetroopers and just hope that the AT-TE rumors are true. I never thought I'd like camouflaged stormtroopers, but for some reason these just work for me (and they're not just cheap repaints this time around, either).

However, I just don't see anything from the prequels, CW or EU that even comes close to matching the impact of the OT. In fact, the OT's influence was so strong that a toyline for it was introduced in 1995 with no movies to back it up that weren't less than 12 years old. Not only did it succeed, but it dominated the toy collecting world for two years until the Special Editions were released.

Aside from hardcore, adult Star Wars fans, I don't know of anyone who is even aware that there ever was a Clone Wars cartoon. So unless Lucasfilm plans to rerelease the DVDs, then I don't foresee a dedicated CW wave doing well at all.

Desfiy
01-09-2008, 08:01 AM
I am a little disappointed that 3 waves in and theres no sign of the OT waves, oh well, I will most probably get 1 figure from the first wave - the 2-1B (hope they do this one eventually as the ESB 2-1B), I will most probably pick up the TFU wave apart from the Darth Vader dont like the sculpt on this figure, pass on the CW and hope wave 4 is OT.

Mr Burns
01-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Hello all.

This wave of figures as reported by the OP, officially known as wave 10, is in fact the official line up.

It would appear this could be the final wave before Clone Wars Basic Figure hit around summertime.:shocked:

Also worth noting, I'm not sure if it's been brought up before, but there is a wave of quote - "Star Wars Build-A-Droid" figures coming later this year as well. Priced around the usual standard figure price.:razz:

Battle Droid
01-30-2008, 11:44 AM
PIC!

From, http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3042281

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/sallah4life/clonewars.jpg

Kidhuman
01-30-2008, 11:56 AM
Nice, a clone in scuba gear, IG Lancer Droid and a decent obi-wan in clone armor.

jedi master sal
01-30-2008, 12:38 PM
PIC!

From, http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=3042281

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/sallah4life/clonewars.jpg

SHIITE, now THAT'S a wave I'm looking forward too!

Clone Armored Obi! Sweet, put me down for one.
Scuba trooper! YES. 5 for me!
Clone Armored Saesee Tiin! Sweet, put me down for one of him as well.
Snowbunny Padme-hmmm, this one looks like it's better-note the possible knee articulation. I'll prolly get it, if it's a new fig.
IG-Lancer droid! YES. 5 for me!
Mon Cal Warrior. YES. 5 for me.
Quarren Soldier. YES. 5 for me!
Clone Heavy gunner (or whatever he's going to be called). Sweet, put me down for one.

So that's 24 figs from one wave....whew, I'm glad I'm NOT massive army building any more. I could have easily seen me getting 10 scuba troopers, and 15-20 of the MonCals and Quarren.

El Chuxter
01-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Thank you, again, Hasbro, for giving us multiples of some EU figures (Durge and Snowbunny Padme and ARC Gunner, none of which look like improvements) instead of new ones.

Jerks. If I lived in Rhode Island, I'd kick you all in the nads right now.

Not even Saessee in armor makes up for that. Well, yeah, I guess he does.

CaptainSolo1138
01-30-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm going to army build the Squidhead wearing a diaper.

pegger
01-30-2008, 01:42 PM
The only one I may pass on is Padme. It looks like at least a kitbash - but I'd like better pictures of it first.

At least the gunner has the proper gun now.

JEDIpartner
01-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Totally not interested in this wave as it is printed. I might be interested in one or two figures but... *shrug*

El Chuxter
01-30-2008, 02:19 PM
Looking more closely at the pics:

Obi-Wan: A definite improvement over the Battlepack version. Of course, a lump of coal would be an improvement, but this looks verah nahce.
SCUBA Trooper: Freaking sweet.
ARC Gunner: I can't tell from the pic that it's a real improvement over the one we got last year, and the year before....
IG-Lancer Droid: Looks beautiful, but why make them without the swoops?
Quarren Soldier: Looks to use a lot of parts from Tessek and Mighty PecsTM Kit Fisto, but the result is quite cool.
Mon Cal Soldier: Not bad, but not nearly as good as the Quarren.
Snowbunny Padme: Useless. The one we have is quite good, and it's barely a year old. "Oh, but Chux, she doesn't have articulated knees!" Big frigging deal.
Durge: Can't tell any difference from the two we have, other than paint application. And he's a lame character. Pass.
Saesee Tiin: At first, I thought this was the best figure. But he looks way too undersized and scrawny. I recall him being this massively built character in the toon, and saw nothing in the films to discredit that. I'll probably get it, anyway, since it'll be the only one we ever get.
S***-Kicked-Out-Of-Him-P****-Vader: I can't tell any difference between this and the Force Unleashed one. And wasn't he not even around yet during the Clone Wars? What gives? :)

TheRealDubya
01-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Of what has been announced so far, this is the only Wave I will be buying every figure from. The only others I am getting so far are 2-1B and the two Unleashed stormtroopers.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Not bad. Not great either. I'll get most of this wave.

Scuba Trooper: Kicks some major arse. Great Army builder.
ARC Gunner: At least I'll have one to go with HFG Clones.
Obi-Wan: Definate improvement.
Quarren Looks awsome. Small army of these.
Snowbunny: Pass.
Lancer: Yeah baby!!! At least 5 of these.
Saesee Tinn: Looks great from what I can make out.
Mon Calamari: Not thrilled but will get at least 1 or 2
Durge: Never got him the first time, and couldn't bring myself to get one on ebay, so I guess I'll pick him up.

I've seen worse waves from Hasbro.

Hey Chux, watch the Obi-Wan and Lancer show up in a Battle Pack with Swoops later in the year, or early next. I think that's inevitable.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-30-2008, 03:42 PM

Obi-Wan: A definite improvement over the Battlepack version. Of course, a lump of coal would be an improvement, but this looks verah nahce.
ARC Gunner: I can't tell from the pic that it's a real improvement over the one we got last year, and the year before....
Quarren Soldier: Looks to use a lot of parts from Tessek and Mighty PecsTM Kit Fisto, but the result is quite cool.
Snowbunny Padme: Useless. The one we have is quite good, and it's barely a year old. "Oh, but Chux, she doesn't have articulated knees!" Big frigging deal.
Durge: Can't tell any difference from the two we have, other than paint application. And he's a lame character. Pass.
Saesee Tiin: At first, I thought this was the best figure. But he looks way too undersized and scrawny. I recall him being this massively built character in the toon, and saw nothing in the films to discredit that. I'll probably get it, anyway, since it'll be the only one we ever get.
S***-Kicked-Out-Of-Him-P****-Vader: I can't tell any difference between this and the Force Unleashed one. And wasn't he not even around yet during the Clone Wars? What gives? :)

The Vader is a repack from the force unleashed wave (Wave 2). The wave looks awesome and i can't wait for this one, since i missed snow bunny the first time, this will certainly make up for that. Obi and Tinn in armor look great!

DarthBrandon
01-30-2008, 07:02 PM

I like Obi & Saesee Tiin in Clone Armor, I'll pick up these for sure. Padme looks good enough to me. (I'm pretty sure she has knee articulation along with the arms & shoulders) I will pick her up with the Scuba clone & possibly 2 IG-Lancer Droids. I have to see better pics first, but it looks like I'm in for at least 6 more than I anticipated.:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-30-2008, 07:51 PM
I frankly didn't expect this wave to happen, but the end results look pretty good. Let's see

Obi-Wan - Hot DAMN, yes! I recently got the Battle Pack with the crappy one and this looks like the one we've wanted for a while.
SCUBA Trooper - really didn't expect this one. At least now Kit Fisto will have someone to pal around with.
Saesee Tiin - awesome. I read his starfighter is coming out next year; hopefully it's the Clone Wars one and not a repack of the weird orange one (yeah yeah, I know, another starfighter, but this one I actually want).
Padmé - well, it's a good thing they've already made all her other costumes from the films. :rolleyes:
IG Lancer Droid - I thought they were more black, but whatever. Still damn cool.
Mon Calamari Warrior - Ok, now I REALLY never expected this figure. lol Looks good though.
Quarren Soldier - Contrary to what Chux said, it looks all-new, except maybe the head (though I bet it's new, with a ball-joint).
ARC Heavy Gunner - not really necessary, but I do like the better gun.
Durge - Hopefully his mask comes off as in the book, but I doubt it.
Anakin - he looks like he could just be the Evolutions figure. Meh.

It also confirms the Asajj Ventress and Tol Skorr set in the words below. Skorr sounds goofy but hopefully the Asajj is good.

Maradona
01-30-2008, 08:51 PM
This is an army building dream come true...or nightmare, depending how you look at your balance sheet...

Battle Droid
01-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Bigger pic,

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/tac08-wave3.jpg

jedi master sal
01-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Bigger pic,

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data//500/tac08-wave3.jpg

WOW, these look even better!
Padme has jointed knees AND ankles!

Obi and Saesee in clone armor looks awesome.

The Quarren is excellent. I may need to get extras for customs. scuba trooper is very cool. I'm down for the heavy gunner clone for the gun.

The IG-lancer droid should be black, but I'll deal with it.
I'm def. digging the Moncal shield!

All in all a very good wave. I'll already have the Vader from a previous case, so that would eb the only one I'd need to get rid of by trade or sale.

So going off those figures if they are in the case assortment I'd say we are getting them like this:
Vader X1
Obi X1
Scubatrooper X2
Saesee X1
Padme X1
IG-Lancer X2
MonCal X1
Quarren X1
Heavy gunner clone X2

At least for me that would be a very good case break down.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Ok, I might give Snowbunny a chance after seeing the bigger pic. I'm sure these will be at Toy Fair so we can get a much better peek at them. Looking at the Obi-Wan, I'm trying to figure out which Clone body they used on him. Any Guesses?

figrin bran
01-30-2008, 10:19 PM
I hope they don't forget Saesee's cape.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s161/brnder/cdc695a8.jpg

El Chuxter
01-31-2008, 12:06 AM
Yeah, looking at the bigger pic, that Quarren is definitely more new than I thought. I still think that's the Tessek head, though.

In larger scale, Padme looks vastly inferior to the Battlepack version. Sure, she was pre-posed, but aside from that, she's a beautiful figure.

I dig the Saesee, by the way. I just think he should be bulkier.

Adam
01-31-2008, 01:10 AM
I was trying not to get too excited over this wave, lest I be dissapointed as I was by the Battlepack Clone Armor Obi-Wan. But wow, these all look fantastic!

Maradona
01-31-2008, 01:26 AM
I wonder how many of these, if any, will have the new hip articulation. It would be natural for the scubatrooper to be equipped with them.

sebillba
01-31-2008, 06:36 AM
I was hoping to cut back a lot this year with all the EU, but most of these look too good to pass on. I'm most excited about the Mon Cal and Quarren Warriors... though they would've been even better without the soft goods.

Kidhuman
01-31-2008, 07:08 AM
Padme looks to have knee and ankle articulation from the bigger pic. I agree Cu, assy should be bulkier, he looks like he has bird flu or something.

Battle Droid
02-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Hi-Res pics!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/JoeRhyno/Star%20Wars/FEB084583_SW_BASIC_Padme.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/JoeRhyno/Star%20Wars/FEB084583_SW_BASIC_GenObi.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/JoeRhyno/Star%20Wars/FEB084583_SW_BASIC_ARCgunner.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/JoeRhyno/Star%20Wars/FEB084583_SW_BASIC_MonCal.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/JoeRhyno/Star%20Wars/FEB084583_SW_BASIC_Quarren.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/JoeRhyno/Star%20Wars/FEB084583_SW_BASIC_IG.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/JoeRhyno/Star%20Wars/FEB084583_SW_BASIC_Scuba.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v172/JoeRhyno/Star%20Wars/FEB084583_SW_BASIC_Saesee.jpg

jedi master sal
02-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Nice! I'm excited about this wave.

TheRealDubya
02-01-2008, 03:48 PM
Outstanding! By gosh, I think I really like every single one.

The Obi-Wan head sculpt is fantastic; great middle ground between the 'toon and the movies.

Jedi_Kal-El
02-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Ok, Wow! After seeing those bigger pics, I can say I'm more excited about this wave as I was a few days ago. Great Army building potential with some of these. :thumbsup:

pegger
02-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Those pics are nice - The only disappointment is that is probable the last wave of figs from the Clone Wars cartoons. I would have like a Nelvaan (pre and post mutation)

Droid
02-01-2008, 05:31 PM
I wish they would make some original trilogy figures.

General_Grievous
02-01-2008, 05:55 PM
I wish they would make some original trilogy figures.

Same here. I mean, the figures look great, but the movies don't seem to be getting enough focus this year. But then again, I will be saving money by not buying all this EU stuff.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Obi-Wan's face looks fugly, but the sculpt on Padmé is quite good. It looks like the ARC Gunner is more than a repaint of the other one; I can see a head poking out under the helmet and some other things look new as well.

Now, according to Hasbro's little announcement at the end of the Q&As, this wave won't be on the TAC card and has apparently been moved back, but no other figures have been rearranged or anything. I wonder when we'll get them, then?

Jedi_Kal-El
02-01-2008, 07:50 PM
I just read on the RS Q&A an announcment from Hasbro that this wave is being pushed back until fall, along with some of the comic packs due to delays. They said they're not dropping anything from the fall lineup, just including this wave in with everything else.

Maradona
02-01-2008, 09:14 PM
In a way, pushing this wave back seems to make sense given that the new fall basic line will be Clone Wars-centric. But this could definitely concentrate too many figures in too short a time span. I'd prefer waves that have army builders to be spread out a bit more to allow for us to amass troops. Last year, wave 6 was quickly followed by wave 7 and not too heavily restocked, making McQuarrie snowtroopers hard to track down in my area. I still wound up with 18 of them, but only thanks to HTS.com.

jedi master sal
02-01-2008, 09:22 PM
I just read on the RS Q&A an announcment from Hasbro that this wave is being pushed back until fall, along with some of the comic packs due to delays. They said they're not dropping anything from the fall lineup, just including this wave in with everything else.

Well that just sucks!

I guess they want to tie it in more with the new Cartoon...

Frickin' Hasbro...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-01-2008, 10:49 PM
You'd think they would want to make them separate, though, so as not to confuse the two shows?

jedi master sal
02-01-2008, 11:37 PM
You'd think they would want to make them separate, though, so as not to confuse the two shows?

precisely!

Jedi_Kal-El
02-02-2008, 12:05 AM
I really hope we don't have the same problem this fall that we did last with having different waves show up back to back. That was a huge mess and I hope Hasbro learned from that mistake.

bigbarada
02-02-2008, 05:02 AM
Wow, seeing these photos makes me even more ticked off that we don't have an updated Admiral Ackbar..... or Nein Nunb.... or Ree-Yees.... or Gamorrean Guard.... or Klaatu.... or Weequay..... or the Nikto.....