PDA

View Full Version : American Gladiators (hhwwurraahrr!!! )

Bel-Cam Jos
01-06-2008, 09:04 AM
It's back! In 2008. Yay? Boo? Anyway, with noted hosts Mrs. Ali-Conway and Mr. Best-Knowin' Hogan it could be fun, in a mindless, escapist fashion. I always wanted to try out the obstacle course, not to test my strength and abilities against EXCEPTIONALLY WELL-TRAINED, NATURALLY GIFTED ATHLETES :rolleyes: , but just for fun (like the Double Dare one, too).

Hellga? Hell... yeah?!? :confused: I might check it out tonight as a test case.

2-1B
01-06-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm boycotting it because it doesn't have the mullets of the original.

UKWildcat
01-06-2008, 11:29 AM
lol

I'll give it a watch. But I believe the premiere is 2 hours. :eek: Definitely DVRing it.

I'm curious what new obstacles/games they have added, and which ones they kept from the original. I actually watched an episode of Gladiators the other night on ESPN Classic; it was fairly entertaining.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Bring back the writers already . . .

Slicker
01-06-2008, 07:07 PM
If it doesn't have Lace then I'm not watching.:upset:

JediTricks
01-06-2008, 07:17 PM
AG was entertaining for about 3 episodes, then it became grotesquely repetitive. I will probably not watch at all, but it is a funny idea.

UKWildcat
01-06-2008, 08:21 PM
I don't know if anyone else is watching this, but so far it has been incredibly cheesy . . . and pretty bad.

Crush is pretty hot though and I thought she looked familiar. I don't know if any of you fellas watch or follow MMA, but she fights on EliteXC (Sho) under her real name, Gina Carano. :love:

Bel-Cam Jos
01-07-2008, 07:41 PM
I watched until the girl hurt her knee/ankle/leg, then caught the Gladiator hurt his arm. I'm not into seeing injuries on screen, so that was enough for me.

UKWildcat
01-07-2008, 08:21 PM
This show was pretty bad. Although I must say, I couldn't stop laughing when those first two women were doing the "Eliminator". It was just hilarious. I know the show isn't supposed to be a comedy, but damn it was FUNNY!!!

But yeah, the show was awful. Hulk and Ali were terrible, the announcer/commentator was a putz, and the contestants were just incredibly lame and cheesy, much like the show overall.

I was not impressed, but there were some very solid laughs throughout. I may keep recording it and watching it late night when I am drunk and need a good laugh.

2-1B
01-08-2008, 06:55 PM
nobody beats the 1-2 punch of Mike Adamle and Joe Theismen/Larry Czonka/Todd Christiansen.

DarthQuack
01-08-2008, 09:22 PM
nobody beats the 1-2 punch of Mike Adamle and Joe Theismen/Larry Czonka/Todd Christiansen.

That dude Todd had a sweet mullet if my memory serves me right.

JediTricks
01-08-2008, 09:31 PM
I watched some of this the last few days, sooo very bad. I was expecting it to at least be updated from the original or look better, it's like they actually made it look even cheaper. And the Gladiators are a joke, especially on the female side - they all look good but are remarkably ineffective. I won't bother with another viewing, that's for sure.