PDA

View Full Version : Worst Figure of TAC - Final Round

JediTricks
01-06-2008, 04:42 PM
After starting the New Year off by finding out the best figure of '07, we thought we'd have a little fun finding out which figure collectors think is the worst of '07. We had enough options that we broke it up into 2 polls which ran concurrently, and from those 2 polls ( 1 (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=36904), 2 (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=36905) ) we took the top 8 combined choices to get us to this final round.

Now it's up to you to decide which figure was the absolute worst from the TAC (30th Anniversary Collection) basic line.

Vote with whatever criteria you wish, it's up to you to decide which figure is 2007's ultimate loser!

Mad Slanted Powers
01-06-2008, 05:43 PM
I went with Obi-Wan. It was the closest thing to a repack in the basic line. The only reason to get it was the accessories and the coin, but the accessories weren't anything special and the mouth looked goofy without the breather in it. The other figures all had something new to offer.

Han and Farmer Luke had the nice pack-ins with the torture rack and vaporator.

Destroyer droid had the shield, even if it wasn't executed all that well.

ROTJ Luke would be fine without the goofy cloth vest. At least Hasbro threw us a bone on this one.

Yavin Luke would be one of my favorite figures in the line if not for the head.

Hayden Anakin Spirit hadn't been done before, and I like what they were trying to do. It probably would have been better to do without the soft goods like the OTC spirit Obi-Wan.

Padmé was all new, and doesn't seem to bad now that I have the figure.

bigbarada
01-06-2008, 05:44 PM
I voted for Spirit Anakin and Jedi Luke from the two previous polls. I went with Spirit Anakin for the absolute worst.

Disregarding the horrible cloak, Hayden likeness and just overall crappiness of the figure, the idea of a super-articulated, "action" ghost is just a dumb one.

Tycho
01-06-2008, 06:17 PM
There wasn't a loser from Wave 5? (I'd agree that those figures were pretty good - but this could be a clerical error as well). Ah, I do see that there are 2 figures from Wave 8 offered.

I voted for PHIL COLLINS with Moisture Vaporator!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Moisture Vaporator Luke; just bad.

JediTricks
01-06-2008, 07:35 PM
There wasn't a loser from Wave 5? (I'd agree that those figures were pretty good - but this could be a clerical error as well). There were 5 figures from that wave which made it to the Worst semifinals, but none got enough votes to make it to the finals (though 4 of them did have detractors).

jamesbondo07
01-06-2008, 08:37 PM
I have to vote for Farmer Luke. The Evaporater is just a chunk of molded plastic with no detailed coloring. No knee joints and just a terrible likness on the figure. Easy vote for me.

Kidhuman
01-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Anakin spirit. I saw a Toys for Tots box spit it out, thats how bad it is.

Snowtrooper
01-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Voted for Moisture Farmer Luke.

pegger
01-06-2008, 10:14 PM
I voted farmer luke. Considering how many times they have done this figure, you think they could have done a better job.

sebillba
01-07-2008, 01:03 AM
Got to be Farmboy for me as well.

jedi master sal
01-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Were I to just vote on the figure itself, I might have said Farmer Luke, however since it came with the incredibly awesome Vaporator (hence why I purchased multiples of it), I couldn't vote for him.

My least favorite was ROTJ Luke. The execution of soft goods was horrible and his waist was atrocious.

valin horn
01-07-2008, 01:48 PM
:thumbsup:farmer luke for me what a piece of (you know the rest)

Devo
01-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm alarmed that ROTJ luke and the bespin Han figure aren't tied in front of this poll - please everyone, lets make sure Hasbro might know that these 2 figures are how not to do it. Farmboy Luke had a crap head - the rest was passable at least. But those two figures had more glaring faults than you could shake Yoda's gimmerstick at - from top to bottom appalling figures. (softgoods or no softgoods on the jedi Luke - he sucked - MadSlantedPowers)

TheDarthVader
01-07-2008, 05:01 PM
i voted for luke farmer great accessory but really crappy figure

misosazai7
01-08-2008, 12:16 AM
I have no idea why Padme or Yavin Luke ar eon the list: they are both great figures, and I think Yavin Luke may be my favorite Luke figure to date. They made he padme figure so versatile and detailed. I appreciated that effort just as I did with the Concept Rebel Trooper and a few others from last years line.

My least favorite has to be Anakin spirit. I appreciate what they were trying to do, but the figure doesn't fit with the Spirit of Yoda and Obi-Wan figures we already had. The end result is that the Spirit of Anakin is out on a limb by himself, and he's kind of akward.

My least favorite wasn't on the list, and that was the Mustafar Miner. The leg pose is just terrible, and with out articulation in the legs, it's pretty useless.

I would also like to say that most of the 2007 line was exceptional, and Hasbro has continued to bring us better and better product.

mark2d2
01-08-2008, 01:28 AM
While farmboy Luke was beyond ugly, he did come with that moisture vaporator which looks so nifty beside my beloved Sandcrawler. And so by default I went with Spirit Anakin. Just awful beyond description. :rolleyes:

happy
01-08-2008, 11:24 AM
How can you not vote for ROTJ Luke. Sure the other Lukes suck as well, but this is the antithesis of what we have been begging Hasbro for for years. I voted for it because it sucks (incredibly hard) and for Hasbro slapping me in the face with it.

Cane_Adiss
01-08-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm shocked to see Padme's even on this list as well. Yavin Luke looked like a decent figure, just not exciting and with odd facial colors. The Moisture vaporator that came with Tatooine Luke was the real reason to buy the figure anyway, so I didn't even think about him being a bad figure. Tho I did pass on all the Luke figures this year. The rest I will admit were bad figures, and the ultimate worst in the whole line this year was:

Spirit Anakin

Hands down the worst figure Hasbro has done in 2007. Good thing he didn't pegwarm like the first 3 waves of 30th anv. figures tho.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Destroyer Droid...the crappy shield, the crappy figure...another droid...another droid already have damn coins...

JediTricks
01-08-2008, 09:02 PM
I went with Han Torture Rack. Sure, Luke Moisture Farmer's got a horrible headsculpt and pitiful paint, but Han has all that PLUS his accessory is halfassed and his body is a frankensteined mess.

If a figure made this list, it's because a significant portion of collectors felt it was the worst to make the top 4 in each semifinal round. I don't think Luke ROTJ is the absolute worst based on what he is, his failure to me is more about what he should have been. As for Padme, I dunno what anybody sees in that figure, it was my runner-up choice here.

obi-dad
01-09-2008, 01:45 AM
Well, after careful consideration between moisture farmer Luke & rotj Luke, I went with moisture farmer. I don't care how much I like the vaporator, the figure sucks! If I weren't too lazy to go through all my old tatooine lukes, I'm sure I could find multiple older figures with better sculpts than this one, which is what I based my decission on. I'd rather buy a repacked Obi with a new accessory than a new sculpt making the figure inferior. That's simply the wrong direction to go. And with all the whining Hasbro does about tooling costs etc... then why go through all the development and etc to make an inferior product? Now, here's where my reasoning may be a little inconsistant. I really like the torture rack and had to actually watch ESB again to realize it's not totally screen accurate, but it looks good to me. Obviously, Han was sculpted for this scene specific pose and to stay in the torture rack. I think he looks good there, head sculpt and all. I do hope they eventually reuse the VTSC or whatever (VTOC?) Han sculpt and do a new Bespin Han. But, I could have used the same reasoning for the rotj Luke to pick it overall. I have no idea why they have red magic marker on his hand. Maybe I fall asleep without knowing it during the exact same scene everytime I watch??? But, the head sculpt and elbow joints just don't bother me as much as m.v. Luke. Then again, maybe it doesn't bother me as much because I didn't buy rotj Luke, but forced myself to buy 3 m.v. Lukes just for the moisture vaporators. As far as the other figures... I'm quite happy with Padme (though I fear we may never get a decent head sculpt of Natalie Portman). Destroyer droid is a better sculpt, but I'm not that happy with the shield. Also the fact I haven'd found one yet, so i'm only going by pictures. Until people pointed out about Yavin Luke, I was very happy, but I guess I must have mainly focused on his jacket. Never noticed the head. Think I'll try swapping out with the VTSC X-wing Luke as suggested here.

Desfiy
01-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Seeing Lando Calrissian Smuggler Outfit (oh this could have been such a good figure if they had made him SA, and not just re-used the Craptastic Vintage Lando Calrissian, why no love for Lando) isnt on the list, I went for Han Solo Torture Rack (utter piece of crap, the machine is good though, they should have just packed that)

Ji'dai
01-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Anakin Spirt. Had Lucas never made this ridiculous change Hasbro wouldn't have made this abomination.

Devo
01-09-2008, 05:19 PM
Obviously, Han was sculpted for this scene specific pose and to stay in the torture rack. I think he looks good there, head sculpt and all. I do hope they eventually reuse the VTSC or whatever (VTOC?) Han sculpt and do a new Bespin Han..

No no no - the fact that this figure does reuse the VOTC han sculpt is a major part of the problem with this figure. The stick VOTC legs are completely mismatched with the new upper body.

Please lets not encourage Hasbro to rehash poor figure parts. A new Bespin Han should be entirely new.

JediTricks
01-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Wholeheartedly agree.

So, I think we have a runaway frontrunner finally, and now every figure has a vote.

Cane_Adiss
01-10-2008, 11:14 PM
I know some people will think somethings wrong with me, but I actually thought that Padme was one of the best figures of the line this year. Even though I voted for Voolviff Mon, after getting a Padme of my own I think she's the best of that wave for sure. I thought she had a decent likeness and the sculpt on the rest of her was superb! I also liked how she was given extra articulation and removable costume bits so she could do things like aim a gun. I hope Hasbro delivers more Padme's of this calibur in the future, cause she's probably the best of her they've done so far.

Oh, and I take that back about the rest being bad figures. The Destroyer droid is probably my favorite of all the destroyer droids too. It's not a bad figure, I just forgot it was in this poll.

Devo
01-11-2008, 05:14 PM
IMO the worst figures did not even nearly win this poll - ROTJ luke and Bespin Han. Each had, numerically, more flaws than either Moisture farmer luke or Spirit Anakin. Sure the headsculpt on farmboy Luke was really bad but was it really so bad as to put it ahead of a Han figure which has a crap headsculpt and an innaccurate upperbody and stick legs&waist that look totally, absolutely and obviously at odds with the rest of the sculpt? Was it really so bad as to make it worse overall than impudent, huffy teen ROTJ luke with its ridiculous bobble head, ugly and innaccurate softgoods sash, gapped torso, bulky hands with innaccurate wound, bulky balljoints, matte black boots and glossy latex clothes? I don't get it.