PDA

View Full Version : Survivor All-stars '08

OC47150
01-06-2008, 07:41 PM
The cast was announced on Friday.

Good news for fans of antagonistic television. Bad news for Johnny Fairplay's grandmother.

The Survivor: Pearl Islands schemer is one of 20 castaways tapped by CBS to battle it out on Survivor: Micronesia—Fans vs. Favorites.

On the upcoming 16th installment of the reality stalwart, 10 all-stars will vie against 10 wannabes for the chance to outwit, outplay and outlast each other for the $1 million prize.

Leading the list of all-stars is Jon "Johnny Fairplay" Dalton, arguably one of the series' most notorious contestants. Prior to publicly tussling with Danny Bonaduce, Dalton made headlines by conning his fellow castaways into believing his grandmother had died in order to win an immunity challenge.

Also coming back for seconds: Vanuatu's Eliza Orlins and Amy Cusack; Panama's Cirie Fields; Cook Islands' Jonathan Penner, Ozzy Lusth and Parvati Shallow; Fiji's Yau-Man Chan; and China's Amanda Kimmel.

The only two casts since 2004's Survivor: All-Stars not to be represented this time around are Palau and Guatemala. According to Entertainment Weekly, Palau winner Tom Westman was originally asked by producers to participate in the season but declined the offer. As a result, no previous winners are in the running.

For his part, Fairplay is the only cast member in the current lineup who predates the previous all-star installment—something he publicly groused about at the time.

Aside from the familiar faces, the show will again feature an Exile Island, something which was dropped from the last go-round in China in lieu of a kidnap concept.

Another familiar element loyal viewers can look forward to: the scenery.

Survivor: Micronesia, which wrapped production in late 2007, filmed on the Rock Islands, the same location that was used on Survivor: Palau.

Jeff Probst will again play ringmaster as the show favorites battle with a group described by CBS as ultrafans when the show kicks off Feb. 7.

Here's a full rundown of both tribes:

FAVORITES:

• Yau-Man Chan, 55, Survivor: Fiji, computer engineer • James Clement, 30, Survivor: China, grave digger • Ami Cusack, 34, Survivor: Vanuatu, nanny • Johnny Fairplay, 33, Survivor: Pearl Islands, professional wrestler-reality star • Cirie Fields, 37, Survivor: Panama, O.R. coordinating nurse • Amanda Kimmel, 23, Survivor: China, fashion designer • Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth, 26, Survivor: Cook Islands, freelance photographer-writer • Eliza Orlins, 25, Survivor: Vanuatu, law school student • Jonathan Penner, 45, Survivor: Cook Islands, writer-producer • Parvati Shallow, 25, Survivor: Cook Islands, nonprofit organizer

FANS:

• Joel Anderson, 32, firefighter • Natalie Bolton, 32, bartender-personal trainer • Michael "Mikey B" Bortone, 34, aspiring writer-actor • Tracy Hughes-Wolf, 43, commercial and residential builder • Alexis Jones, 24, motivational speaker • Erik Reichenbach, 22, art student • Mary Sartain, 29, real estate, financial company owner • Jason Siska, 22, gymnastics coach • Kathleen Sleckman, 45, golf course vendor • Chet Welch, 48, pharmacy customer service

Whose the man? Yau-Man!!

I knew James would be back. Amanda surprises me. Figured they went straight from China to the new show and weren't home too long before the China reunion show was filmed.

Overall, an interesting group of contestants.

If this group was smart, the first person voted off would be Fairplay. He's an arrogant media *****.

DarthQuack
01-08-2008, 10:24 AM
I'm really looking forward to this...James...Yau-man....reminds me of the old days of Rupert and Rudy!

OC47150
02-04-2008, 08:45 PM
I haven't caught it but the TV Guide Channel is running a special about the new Survivor presently. Last season's winner is the host.

bigbarada
02-05-2008, 12:33 AM
So, it's one team of "veterans" and one team of "noobs?" That actually sounds pretty interesting. I'll have to check it out.

El Chuxter
02-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Call me nuts, but shouldn't Survivor superfans go on, I dunno, Survivor? And not Survivor All-Stars?

DarthQuack
02-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Johnny Fairplay already spinning webs.....Yao-Man is awesome, James should ditch the fluezy and concentrate on the game not his manhood.

OC47150
02-07-2008, 08:55 PM
My first reaction was, look at those fake boobs on the beach.

Yau-Man is the man!!!

I thought Eliza would have more of a shiner after taking that header on the cart.

You're right, Quack: James should focus on the game, not Parvati.

As for the eviction....

I think Fairplay wanted to be the first one voted off for the fame. He's just that type.

El Chuxter
02-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I haven't seen it yet, obviously, but I figured that was a given. He's too notorious. No one in their right mind would keep him around.

BanthaPoodoo
02-08-2008, 03:05 PM
LOL, thats one of the only reasons I'm watching it again this year, Parvati is great eye candy!!!

dr_evazan22
02-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Mmmmm, Parvati....:love::love::love::love::love::love::lo ve::love::love:

DarthQuack
02-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Ami is also fun to watch on the favorites....she's the chick that was in Playboy back in 1996 :love: I also enjoyed the tight green bikini on the chick on the fans side.

UKWildcat
02-09-2008, 10:41 PM
I watched the episode too and I rather enjoyed it. With exception to Johnny Fairplay. This dude totally turned into a nice soft douchey consistency and completely wasted a spot for a different favorite that could have been. I'm glad he is gone... and to think, I was actually looking forward to his antics for a good part of the season. :mad:

That Eliza chick ate it hard when she got ejected from the wagon; I was expecting her to be more messed up too OC.

OC47150
02-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Hey, Mike, pick up your chin! It's resting on the ground!!

Talk about blindsided!! :yes: Poor Mary didn't even hear that truck a'comin'!!

If it weren't for Mikey and Mary getting together, Chet should've gone. Chet did perform poorly in the challenge.

Don't know if I like the immunity and reward challenges combined.

And does Joel remind anyone else of Jim Bob/Billy Bob/whatever his name was from last summer's Pirate Master? They could be twin!

OC47150
02-23-2008, 08:45 PM
I almost wept when Yau-Man was shown the door. :yes: He's one of my all-time faves.

Cirie thinks she's smart, but playing both sides will catch up to her...eventually. I've never been a fan of her's. :twisted:

The reward challenge has to go down as one of the most physical challenges in Survivor history.

UKWildcat
02-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Cirie thinks she's smart, but playing both sides will catch up to her...eventually. I've never been a fan of her's. :twisted:

I'm not a fan of hers either. I had her in my Survivor pool years past (Season 12), and she didn't win, so obviously she didn't do anything for me. :mad:

The reward challenge has to go down as one of the most physical challenges in Survivor history.

I didn't get to see all of this past episode, but I did see that reward challenge: BRUTAL!

DarthQuack
02-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Good episode so far, Ozzy's pretty cool.

Haha, that was an awesome ending.

OC47150
02-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Ozzy is one lucky person. His replacement idol is a poor imitation of Yau-Man's faux idol.

Can't figure out why Kathy never looked for the idol.

Mike's time was limited. If he didn't go this week, he'd go in another or so. Like so many other Survivors before him, Mikey showed too much power too early in the game.

I can't remember which woman said it, but the strong men played in the immunity challenge and lost. Good point.

Lord Malakite
02-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Ozzy is one lucky person. His replacement idol is a poor imitation of Yau-Man's faux idol. To be honest Yau-Man's fake idol wasn't much better. It was piece of a coconut shell with the letters I.I. (for immunity idol) painted on it.

Can't figure out why Kathy never looked for the idol. She kind of gave up after getting to last clue and not finding it the first time from swimming back and forth between the two shores. She probably felt that it was just too much effort for her to go through that again when she already knew the last clue but couldn't figure out what to do from there.

Banthaholic
03-02-2008, 07:35 PM
That fake idol never gets old.

OC47150
03-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Was Joel livid or what?!? You don't understand the vote? You're an arrogant neanderthal!! Your mouth was in overdrive and it caught up with you. That's why.

I haven't laughed that hard during a challenge in a while. Joel dragging poor Chet around and Chet just bumping into things was too much! :yes: Another brutal challenge.

And can't any of these people keep their mouths shut? Why did Ozzy have to tell James, Amanda and Parvati?

DarthQuack
03-06-2008, 09:42 PM
I love how the weaklings keep taking out the big guys....keep Tracy around forever....loving the MIL***e ;)

Banthaholic
03-06-2008, 10:09 PM
I haven't laughed that hard during a challenge in a while. Joel dragging poor Chet around and Chet just bumping into things was too much! :yes: Another brutal challenge.

Watching Chet get dragged but the highliht of the night. Joes was quite the truck. At some points you feel bad for Chet, but then you seem him quit and think thousands of people tried to get his spot and the game and this guy is really quitting?

I question the logic of Ozzie to leave only him and James as the alpha male type players in the game. It wouldn't take long before people team up to get either out.

OC47150
03-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Chet is useless, but this was Malaki's chance to get rid of Ozzie. I could see Ozzie and James being in the final four, if someone doesn't stop them.

And you could tell Jonathan was in pain. I sympathize with the guy. We wanted to play the game.

dr_evazan22
03-15-2008, 01:32 PM
As well as admiring Parvati, I've also been admiring Alexis. They need to show more of her.

I'm not sure how sharp all the players are, but based on Ozzie's response, people could correctly guess that he has the hidden idol. It would be great to see the guy that found the fake idol use it at Tribal.

OC47150
03-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They had their chance to get rid of Ozzie and missed it!!!! It's their own fault if he ends up winning the million bucks!!!!

I really thought the tribe voted Ozzie off, just from the remorseful look on Amanda's face. It was remorseful, all right, but for the wrong person.

Kathy's struggled the entire show with missing her family, being out of her comfort zone, etc... You can't blame her for tossing in the towel.

Ozzie was surfing there during the reward challenge.

dr_evazan22
03-20-2008, 09:48 AM
I think next chance he gets, Ozzie should get rid of Ami... Only because it seems she can't be trusted, she'll say anything to anyone. Another one worth getting rid of, IMO, is Cirie. It didn't really look like she was trying that hard to get that puzzle together.

Kathy should have just held it together for just a little longer, she could have just thrown the Immunity Challenge.

Banthaholic
03-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Begin Rant
I think that is some one goes on Survivor and either quits or requests to be voted off they should get no money at all for playing. That's 3 people this season who Kathy, Fairplay and Chet who all decided to stop playing. It makes me feel bad for Jonathon who was almost willing to gamble his health to play.

There are how many thousands who try out for the show and people just decide a few weeks in it's not for me? Maybe should have thought that through before you signed up, interviewed etc...
End Rant

I was glad to see Tracy gone. I was really getting annoyed with all the Smug looks she kept giving. I really hope that fake idol comes into play soon. That has the possibility of being a tv moment.

OC47150
03-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Begin Rant
I think that is some one goes on Survivor and either quits or requests to be voted off they should get no money at all for playing. That's 3 people this season who Kathy, Fairplay and Chet who all decided to stop playing. It makes me feel bad for Jonathon who was almost willing to gamble his health to play.

There are how many thousands who try out for the show and people just decide a few weeks in it's not for me? Maybe should have thought that through before you signed up, interviewed etc...
End Rant.

You made some good points, Banthaholic. Kathy and Chet could've toughed it out a little longer. I truly think Fairplay had ulterior motives to be voted off first, primarily his ego.

But look at Kathy. Correct me if I'm wrong but she never participated in a reward challenge. That could be demoralizing alone, nevermind the ego.

I hope Probst grills Fairplay and Kathy well at the reunion show.

Tracy didn't bother me that much.

The grim on Erik's face during the reward challenge was priceless.

OC47150
04-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Boy, I missed Survivor last week.

I felt Erik's hit in my living room!!! Sending the smaller people through was the smart thing.

Hate to see Ami gone. She's more of a competitor than Erik. And she was the first person I can remember running away from tribal council!

And I'll reiterate what I've said in the past: Ozzy needs to go.

But Cirie first. ; )

Banthaholic
04-03-2008, 10:52 PM
I was said to see Ami go, I always thought she was abit of a hottie.

If a favorite was going to go I wanted Cirie, I've hear enough of her observations to last a lifetime.

The previews for next week disapoint me. I so want the fake idol to be played. Eliza pointing that it doesn't look real, hurts...

DarthQuack
04-04-2008, 10:49 AM
It was funny seeing Jamie play the fake idol last season.....Ami was a hottie who was in Playboy about 12 years ago ;)

OC47150
04-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Ah, the anticipation at tribal council!! Was it the real idol or not? And Probst just tossing it into the fire! That was great!

Hate to see Eliza gone. She was a strong player.

Amanda always acts so nervous at tribal, even when there's no chance of her going.

Don't think I could've lasted too long with the immunity challenge.

And, sorry guys, Parvati is still a twit. She should just keep her mouth shut.

Banthaholic
04-10-2008, 10:51 PM
Probst look when he heard the new tribe name was priceless. He knew it didn't mean good but he gjust nodded his head and went with it.

Parvati might be a twit, but a fun to look at twit.

The fake idol was great. I thought James was going to fall off his log. Nicely done. Advatage Ozzie. The other dude might have had individual immunity but he is still the learner.

OC47150
04-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Ozzy, watch out for that.....

Too late!!!

That move will go down in Survivor history!! Classic!! And a little spiteful/hateful there in his closing comments.

Oh, the votes turning against Ozzy and the looks on everyone's faces. Amanda was truly shocked.

I felt a little sorry for Cirie going to Exile Island...not!!! But I have to give her credit for orchestrating the move to get rid of Ozzy.

Erik has seen more boobies on this show than anyone else. :yes:

Jason's a too trusting of a person. He shouldn't have taken everyone's word during the immunity.

And that will be the only immunity award Parvati wins.

DarthQuack
04-17-2008, 11:30 PM
If you have it on the DVR, my brother pointed out that Eric and Jason were sporting wood when they saw all the boobies :) ......classic ****y Ozzy on his way out, what a dope lol

OC47150
04-18-2008, 08:48 AM
If you have it on the DVR, my brother pointed out that Eric and Jason were sporting wood when they saw all the boobies :)

That made my morning, Darth Quack!! :yes:

OC47150
04-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Another blindside.

But Jason had to be the most gullible person to play the game in a very long time.

And Natalie has to be one of the more ruthless and arrogant players.

Ozzie didn't want to be there. Still ****ed off from last week, and his one-finger salute was a nice touch.

Ah, the Survivor auction.

Natalie and Parvati need to be brought down a notch or two. Too full of themselves. :yes:

jamesbondo07
04-24-2008, 10:30 PM
I think that was the guy's and Amanda's last chance against the group of girls. Even if Amanda tries to stick with James they have no chance with the numbers against them. Maybe the last guy left can win all the immunities and watch the girls pick themselves apart. That is the only way a rift and oppurtunity may happen for one of the guys. IMO

OC47150
04-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Commericals are hinting that another contestant may be medically evac'd. But I don't think it's James. Too obvious.

OC47150
05-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Again, I was wrong about James' leaving. The puss coming out of his finger was nasty and squeamish.

Now, you guys know that I have no love for Cirie. Her comment about her being a nurse and not willing to lift a finger to help someone because 'it's a game' makes her dispicable, IMO.

Probst is right: the tribe is perfecting the art of the blindside. Good move. Alexis was a threat and she didn't see it coming.

Nat should be the next one to go.

But I don't see Amanda winning the money...yet. True, she hasn't made any enemies on the jury, but she's skated along because of her alliances. She's a so-so player.

Erik better hope he keeps winning immunity. That's the only thing keeping him in the game. The odds are stacked against him but winning has been done before. Remember Chris?

dr_evazan22
05-01-2008, 09:17 PM
I think that they should have kept Alexis, because of her leg, and voted out either Cirie or Knat.

Amanda's performance was great, beginning with her return to camp showing she didn't have the idol. Was a little surprised that Parv didn't throw her under the bus (again). The look on everyone's face when she pulled it out was priceless.

DarthQuack
05-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Great episode, sans James having to leave because of his hand, but yea that was gross, I hope Erik can pull off another immunity win, but with the preview hopefully the girls want to use him for leverage and not vote him off but another lady....and I can't stand Natalie either, such a biotch.

OC47150
05-06-2008, 08:32 PM
The finale is Sunday!?! Where did this season go?

dr_evazan22
05-08-2008, 09:52 PM
That was too good tonight! James' exclamation that he was no longer the stupidest Survivor! And Eric! Words just aren't good enough! And then he runs off!

OC47150
05-08-2008, 10:13 PM
I'm speechless. Totally speechless. Erik is the dumbest, most naive player in Survivor history. :yes:

James, just hand the crown over to the new village idiot.

Any word on where the next season is taking place? I'm rooting for Canada.

Lord Malakite
05-09-2008, 02:50 AM
Any word on where the next season is taking place? I'm rooting for Canada.
I'm rooting for the Antarctic. Either that or some sort ghetto/gang territory scenario. :D

DarthQuack
05-09-2008, 03:33 AM
I can't believe that guy.....what a moron. He doesn't deserve to be on the show after a move like that, just like that idiot Kathy who just left the game.

OC47150
05-10-2008, 10:32 AM
A little handicapping...

At this point, I think any of the ladies has an equal chance of winning. Each of them have made friends and enemies (maybe more enemies than friends) on the jury.

If the final challenge is an endurance challenge, Cirie is out. She hasn't done well on challenges all season. And if it's an endurance challenge, Amanda, Nat and Parvati will be in it for the long haul.

I could see the final vote coming down between fans vs. favorites if it's Natalie and one of the other ladies.

Bosskman
05-10-2008, 04:31 PM
I hope any of them but natalie win. She's such a biotch. There are survivor game biotches and then there are real life biotches and she is definately the latter. Plus she's got her forehead between her nose and her mouth and no chin ... Erik is the so freakin' stupid. The worst part about the whole thing now though is how they pretty much set up who's getting voted off. Yeah, the players themselves were blindsided but the tv audience definately isn't....

Lord Malakite
05-10-2008, 06:40 PM
If I had to rank their chances at winning the million at final two (or three since they don't always go to two) I'd have to say Amanda has the best shot (she is relatively well liked by most of the council members and has for the most part stayed under the "screw everyone" radar). After that it would have to be Cirie (not as well liked as Amanda, but she has also remained under the radar in the scheme department). After that it would be Parvati (she is publicly known as having basically screwed over everyone on the council, especially the guys for being guys, which now happens to make up a good chunk of the vote). And the one dead last with no chance would be Natalie (just a general biotch all around as you guys said, so the only votes I see she has a chance of getting is her buddy Alexis and possibly lovable, yet mentally retarded, Erik). It just depends on who gets to that final vote.

OC47150
05-11-2008, 10:08 PM
Judging from how the jury discussion was going, I thought Parv would lose.

Very unsatisfied with the winner. The least worthy person won, IMO.

DarthQuack
05-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Yea, I always thought she was a real backstabber, Amanda plays a good game, yet gets shat on in the final vote with juries.

OC47150
05-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Observations on the finale:

* Hey, Cirie, sorry to break it to you but you were always at the bottom of the alliances.

* Nat should've known that if she didn't win immunity, she'd be gone.

* Always love the walk of shame/remembrance.

* Having two finalists instead of three threw the ladies for a loop. It's nice to have two again.

* Don't blame Amanda for taking Parv to the final. I thought Amanda's chances were better, too.

* What the hell was up with Nat during the questioning? We all saw the little butt slap earlier on. Did that go to her head, or did she show her true self?

* When compared to previous shows, I didn't think the reunion show was that great. It was lacking something.

* Gabon looks fun next season but still was rooting for Canada or Alaska.

Parv was on Regis and Kelly this morning and said something totally stupid. Did anyone catch it?

2-1B
05-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Those skanks looked too skanky with all that makeup for the Live finale.

Ditto Jeff Probst.