PDA

View Full Version : Within striking distance....

stillakid
01-07-2008, 01:36 AM
On a short vacation, I am currently about 25 miles from Skywalker Ranch. Going to Napa tomorrow, but might try to swing past the entrance on the way back. If nothing else, it is a beautiful drive up Lucas Valley Road.

General_Grievous
01-07-2008, 02:02 AM
I can see the newspaper headlines now:

MAN EGGS SKYWALKER RANCH, SAYS HE'S STILL ANGRY ABOUT PREQUELS, LUCAS MAKES ANOTHER MILLION

:p

stillakid
01-07-2008, 02:06 AM
I can see the newspaper headlines now:

MAN EGGS SKYWALKER RANCH, SAYS HE'S STILL ANGRY ABOUT PREQUELS, LUCAS MAKES ANOTHER MILLION

:p

Nah. That's old news. Lucas has already predecided for us that we all hate the Indy movie so I guess we should start in on that one soon. I mean, if we're going to be blamed for something, might as well actually do it. No?

Jargo
01-07-2008, 09:19 AM
what does he do with all that land? Obviously doesn't go for walks on it.

CaptainSolo1138
01-07-2008, 11:49 AM
what does he do with all that land? Obviously doesn't go for walks on it.He grows Episode I merchandise trees. Duh.

stillakid
01-07-2008, 12:09 PM
He grows Episode I merchandise trees. Duh.

Good crop of Jar Jar Binks this year? :p

Actually we're headed for Napa this morning. Will visit Coppola's place of course (again). Might try to pull a few strings to get onto the Ranch if there's time.

CaptainSolo1138
01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Good crop of Jar Jar Binks this year? :pUgh. There's no such thing as a good crop of JarJar.

El Chuxter
01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
I thought this was going to be about the strike and the imminent return of The Colbert Report.

jedi master sal
01-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Ugh. There's no such thing as a good crop of JarJar.

yes there is...the kind you trample underfoot. LOL

bobafrett
01-07-2008, 05:59 PM
I told my son that when I die, I want to be dropped from a helicoptor dressed in my Stormtrooper armor, onto Lucasfilm ranch.

So did you stop by and wave through the gate?

stillakid
01-07-2008, 11:14 PM
I told my son that when I die, I want to be dropped from a helicoptor dressed in my Stormtrooper armor, onto Lucasfilm ranch.

So did you stop by and wave through the gate?

Nope, didn't get the chance yet. Spent a little extra time in Napa. Took the tour of Coppola's winery this time. Very interesting. Got a few bottles of really great wine too. :love:

CaptainSolo1138
01-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Got a few bottles of really great wine too. :love:
Note to self: Check back in the morning to read stillakid's drunken posts.

stillakid
01-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Note to self: Check back in the morning to read stillakid's drunken posts.

I'll be on Alcatraz around 9:30am. :whip:

JediTricks
01-08-2008, 09:12 PM
I told my son that when I die, I want to be dropped from a helicoptor dressed in my Stormtrooper armor, onto Lucasfilm ranch. Please ensure he videotapes this from several angles.

Stilla, see if you can rent a Chevy Suburban and storm the gates to see how far you get - is security really tighter than the White House's? ;)

stillakid
01-09-2008, 03:34 AM
Please ensure he videotapes this from several angles.

Stilla, see if you can rent a Chevy Suburban and storm the gates to see how far you get - is security really tighter than the White House's? ;)

I was thinkin' that maybe a Howard the Duck costume might be enough to daze and confuse the guards long enough...

stillakid
01-09-2008, 03:36 AM
I posted the Howard the Duck thing then realized that the Lucasites at that other site probably liked that one too, so I'll be crucified for being the only one complaining about another Lucas film. :rolleyes:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-09-2008, 06:39 PM
I posted the Howard the Duck thing then realized that the Lucasites at that other site probably liked that one too, so I'll be crucified for being the only one complaining about another Lucas film. :rolleyes:
Rebelscum? :confused:

JediTricks
01-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Howard the Duck ain't that bad... it does have Lea Thompson in her underwear... about to make it with a giant duck. Ok, it is that bad.

And that Howard the Duck costume supposedly cost $2 mil to make, so it's probably not the best choice.

The 'Xir
01-12-2008, 01:48 AM
I'll give ya $100 bucks if on the way back you just start fire bombing the place! You can blame it on high gas prices! Just tell the 5-O that you mistook his house for a full-service car wash/auto repair shop/convience store/gas station! They may not buy it, but the public will understand, and protest outside the prison for your immediate release! Not only that but you'll be hailed a savior, for not allowing any more cr*p to come out of that God-forsaken so called institution! :D What me still bitter?...never. :p

stillakid
01-12-2008, 02:07 AM
I'll give ya $100 bucks if on the way back you just start fire bombing the place! You can blame it on high gas prices! Just tell the 5-O that you mistook his house for a full-service car wash/auto repair shop/convience store/gas station! They may not buy it, but the public will understand, and protest outside the prison for your immediate release! Not only that but you'll be hailed a savior, for not allowing any more cr*p to come out of that God-forsaken so called institution! :D What me still bitter?...never. :p

Sorry to say that we didn't make it to the Ranch this time. However, no trip to SF is complete without a leisurely hike through the Muir Woods Redwoods. Then it was an absolutely beautiful drive back down the coast through Big Sur on the way to LA. :relaxed:

The 'Xir
01-15-2008, 02:25 AM
Then it was an absolutely beautiful drive back down the coast through Big Sur on the way to LA. :relaxed:

Oh well, next time! However dont you mean Big 'Xir? Maybe even Big Sir Steve! :D ;)

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time though!, actually it was probably because you didnt get near Skywalker Ranch! lol