PDA

View Full Version : Bloopers

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-07-2008, 10:03 PM
If there is already a thread for this, feel free to merge. But I wanted to start a thread where we could discuss any bloopers/mistakes we see, perhaps that haven't been covered before.

Today while checking out ROTJ to see how R2-D2 fits in his Ewok harness thing (the figure messed it up; there needs to be another bar near the top and his feet are connected individually), I noticed that, in the scene where C-3PO floats around in the chair, you can see R2-D2 in two separate shots where he is free of his harness and just standing there, before he is cut down off of it. Whoops.

I also wanted to look at the Ewoks that hijack the AT-ST with Chewbacca to compare them to the Target ones. The brown Ewok looks completely different before they get in, but the black one is pretty much the same (and they're both pretty close to the Target ones, but the black one's hood is actually more brown). In the same sequence, when Chewbacca tries to get in and the Ewoks are already moving the AT-ST, the vehicle is going forward as if on a track, though it should be bobbing up and down as seen every other time an AT-ST moves.

Any others?

General_Grievous
01-07-2008, 10:28 PM
I think the original Sy Snootles puppet is seen in a wide shot of Jabba's throne room in the ROTJ SE.

Slicker
01-08-2008, 12:32 AM
I heard that there was a scene where a stormtrooper hits his head on a door in the Death Star.

Also, there's a scene somewhere in The Empire Strikes Back (I think it's on Hoth) where a guy can be seen running with an ice cream maker!! Can you believe that?!?!?!

El Chuxter
01-08-2008, 10:19 AM
I think the original Sy Snootles puppet is seen in a wide shot of Jabba's throne room in the ROTJ SE.

She is. I think it's right after Luke kills the rancor.

Two bad CG errors from AOTC: On Geonosis, Obi-Wan doesn't actually enter a cave. He just vanishes. Also, Padme bites air, but a bite magically disappears from the pear slice that's about an inch or so from her mouth.

I heard Oola fell out of costume. That would bother me hotly.

Jargo
01-08-2008, 11:18 AM
in all three movies the dialogue doesn't match the actions of Vader, like they just went and dubbed his voice on afterwards. craaaaaazy huh?

El Chuxter
01-08-2008, 11:21 AM
That's nothing. I heard the guy who played Darth Maul doesn't talk like that. And he's short!

Jargo
01-08-2008, 11:26 AM
No way dude!

JediTricks
01-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Lucas spent millions of dollars to fix all the asinine mistakes he made on ANH and then left R5-D4 standing behind R2-D2 in the same sequence where he's also standing near 3PO and Luke.

The glittering dice hanging from the Falcon's cockpit disappear after the ship blasts out of Mos Eisley.

For ESB and ROTJ, the majority of the stars and lights on foreground ships don't appear until a wipe has completed and they blink in. (This may have been corrected on the DVDs).

Rocketboy
01-08-2008, 11:23 PM
R2 says a ton of "Bloop"ers.

darthvyn
01-10-2008, 02:58 PM
The glittering dice hanging from the Falcon's cockpit disappear after the ship blasts out of Mos Eisley.

that's not a blooper. that was done on purpose to show you how fast they were leaving mos eisley. they ended up all the way back on the space chess table.

bigbarada
01-14-2008, 08:13 AM
If you look closely at all the shots of Ponda Baba in the Cantina, he has paddle-hands; but when Ben cuts off his arm, his hand is suddenly a wolfman hand.

bigbarada
01-14-2008, 05:33 PM
When the Endor shield bunker explodes in ROTJ, you can see a large piece of debris bounce off of the sky and come hurling back towards the explosion.

The first photo points out the chunk of debris to keep an eye on, the second image is an animated GIF that shows the "bounceback."lol

Slicker
01-14-2008, 05:38 PM
That's too funy BigB. I'd never noticed that or heard about it.

bigbarada
01-14-2008, 05:45 PM
We could try to come up with some kind of EU explanation for this. Maybe it was some poor Ewok in his glider just offscreen. The debris hits him, bounces back and sends the little furball plummeting to his death (again, just offscreen).:D

El Chuxter
01-14-2008, 05:53 PM
In the EU, that piece of metal (which was the coaxial port of the starboard solar panel that powered Imperial Breakroom #1138) flew several miles and hit Chuka-Trokh on the head. Chuka-Trokh reportedly said, "ouch," then killed the few dozen Rebels within earshot so no one would know he'd ever uttered that word, even sarcastically.

Slicker
01-14-2008, 09:43 PM
We could try to come up with some kind of EU explanation for this. Maybe it was some poor Ewok in his glider just offscreen. The debris hits him, bounces back and sends the little furball plummeting to his death (again, just offscreen).:DOr the piece could've hit the protective shield the rebels put up to protect the planet from the exploding Death Star...

vader121
01-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Don't forget that Mark Hamill yells "Carrie!" when he gets back from destroying the Death Star.

What always bothered me was during the Obiwan Vader duel Obiwans saber apepars to be be flickering or low on batteries.

El Chuxter
01-15-2008, 01:09 PM
All of AOTC is one big blooper.

bobafrett
01-15-2008, 03:02 PM
There is a website out there that I am credited on for a blooper I spotted while watching ANH. It is during the scene where 3PO is standing outside the sandcrawler, I saw a wire hanging outside his helmet looking like it was there to feed Anthony Daniels his lines or something.

http://www.egosystem.com/starwars/bloopers.htm

If you go to the section ANH, and click on "Droids on Tattoine" about the fourth of fifth entry down you will see my summission

JediTricks
01-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Nice find. On Tatooine, there's another 3PO gaffe, when Luke and Obi-Wan go to rescue him after his fall from the Tusken attack, his arm is missing, but you can see the suit is separated at the shoulder there because the actor's arm is out of position.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Nice find. On Tatooine, there's another 3PO gaffe, when Luke and Obi-Wan go to rescue him after his fall from the Tusken attack, his arm is missing, but you can see the suit is separated at the shoulder there because the actor's arm is out of position.
In that scene, it bothers me somewhat, since the breastplate has been moved forward so that you can't see the shoulder. It ends up looking like C-3PO has put on some weight or something.

As a follow-up to what I said earlier, while watching ROTJ recently, I think I saw the Ewoks actually taking R2-D2 off the harness slowly on the right side of the screen at one point. Then there are the other shots of him out of it, then he gets cut down. Unless I'm wrong.

2-1B
01-23-2008, 12:28 AM
In that scene, it bothers me somewhat, since the breastplate has been moved forward so that you can't see the shoulder.

Or the breasts.

El Chuxter
01-23-2008, 12:42 AM
You want to see Anthony Daniels' breasteses?

2-1B
01-23-2008, 01:17 AM
Sorry, I was confused with TC-14.

Slicker
02-02-2008, 01:15 AM
Since I watched the OT all last week here are a couple that I noticed or already knew about but forgot until I got a refresher. They're only in order of movie and not appearance. I'm just gonna type 'em as I remember 'em.

ANH

When Leia is firing at the stormtroopers in the chasm you can see spent blank shells ejecting from the blaster.

When the "heroes" are all about to meet up to get to the Falcon you can see Han and Chewie waiting and behind them you can see the shadows of Luke and Leia apparently waiting for there movie cue to run out and "meet" up with them.

In the cantina when Kabe is at the bar you can see through her mask (through the eyes).

Later in the cantina scene (I think when the stormies come in) you can see Kabe again and she's trying to drink her drink through her chin. The actor in the costume totally missed the mouth with the cup.

When the Falcon is being brought into the Death Star hangar bay if you look at the bottom of the screen around the white lights you can see where the pole to hold the Falcon up was at since there's no "light flare" around it.

ESB

If you look at the ground when the AT-AT that Luke blows up tips over you can see a stick come up from underneath the snow to push the back leg to make it fall over.

When the Falcon leaves the space slug you can see the fabric on it rip on the hole as it comes out.

When Luke is in training on Dagobah and he attempts to raise his X-Wing he walks to Yoda and says "you want the impossible". When he walks past Yoda you can see the gound sink a little bit presumably from it being weaker so they could have a hole for Frank Oz to control Yoda.

When Luke is fighting Vader and he kicks him down off the platform you can see him land on something soft and bounce up a bit. It's only a silhouette but you can still make out the lightsaber stick and everything.

Boba Fett sounds like Jango Fett now.

ROTJ

When the droids enter Jabba's Palace and go into the throne room if you listen really carefully you can here all of Greedo's dialogue from ANH in the background.

I forget where it was exactly but there is a scene that was played in reverse for the movie and you can see the smoke behind Jabba moving down instead of up.

When Luke and Leia take off on the speeder bikes on Endor and Han is fighting the Biker Scout you can see the Biker Scouts helmet just off screen waiting for Han to deliver his line before coming at him again.

Also, during the speeder bike chase, there are several times that you can see rods connected to the front of the bikes making them movie around.

In the scene with Boushh when Boba Fett pulls out his gun the scene is flipped and his antenna is on the opposite side.

When Lando comes out to hallway to "reveal" himself after the droids are taken away you can see him hit his head on the ceiling above.

It's said that Boba Fett got out of the sarlaac but when you watch the movie you can clearly see "how did Boba Fett really died".

When Luke and Vader are fighting on the Death Star there's the scene where Luke is up on the gantry talking to Vader and then Vader throws his lightsaber. If you pause it right before the saber hits you can see that the blade is coming out of the wrong end of the saber.

There may be more but that's all I can come up with right now. These are all either my observations or a friends. You just tend to notice these things when you watch a movie a million and a half times.