PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Comic Packs

Jedi_Kal-El
01-09-2008, 07:09 PM
I found 2 of the Wal-Mart exclusive packs yesteday. No sign of the Bail/Obi-Wan, but picked up the other 2. The purple R-A7 isn't bad, but the Boba is nicer than I thought he'd be. He works well in the colors they used though they should have used a glossy paint for the Sarlac goo.

As for the Clone set, the Marine is ok, but Keller is worth the buy. Even though we're being bombarded by clones, I really like the soft goods on the Keller, and I think Hasbro really missed on this with past clones, because the cloth kama works well, for posing. The only real gripe I have is the guns. They should have given them both the same size rifle.

All in all even though they're all repaints, both are decent enough. Hopefully I can find the last with Bail/Obi sometime, because I understand they're 1 per case.

General_Grievous
01-09-2008, 09:12 PM
I've been looking for the Bail/Obi-Wan with the babies set since the beginning of the week. Hasbro must hate babies, which is why they shortpack them and make them exclusive to Wal-Mart. I think "Wal-Mart Exclusive" is synonymous with "You won't find it."

Sinscia Fat'o
01-10-2008, 04:54 PM
im still looking for these myself, since i was actually lucky enough to find the Twins when they were first brought out, but these look like they may have been improved a little...that and i still have Bail and Obi still in the package...

The Clones looked cool...makes me wonder why they didn't do the Galactic MArine like this to begin with...

Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax i'm going to get for custom fodder.

Fett and RA-7 i'll have to judge when i see it. If Fett is really worth the purchase then i will get him...AKA if he's SA...

Jedi_Kal-El
01-10-2008, 05:22 PM
im still looking for these myself, since i was actually lucky enough to find the Twins when they were first brought out, but these look like they may have been improved a little...that and i still have Bail and Obi still in the package...

The Clones looked cool...makes me wonder why they didn't do the Galactic MArine like this to begin with...

Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax i'm going to get for custom fodder.

Fett and RA-7 i'll have to judge when i see it. If Fett is really worth the purchase then i will get him...AKA if he's SA...

The Fett is a repaint of the VOTC version, so yeah, he's SA

I'm looking foward to Kanos and Jax as well since I didn't get them the first time. From what I've seen on EE they're suppose to be 3 per case which is a good thing.

Old Fossil
01-11-2008, 10:08 AM
I didn't know Kanos/Jax were being reissued in this wave. Is that true?

mtriv73
01-11-2008, 11:37 AM
I didn't know Kanos/Jax were being reissued in this wave. Is that true?

No, at least not in any I saw. I got to a WM just after they had put these out and Kir/Jax were not in the mix. They were supposed to be in a wave 3 revision case and are supposed to be in a few future assortments though.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-11-2008, 02:56 PM
I should have specified that they were in another assortment....sorry about that. Yes though, they are coming out in Wave 3 Rev, 1. Here is the EE link

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS87504C1

The are listed as being 3 per case, and estimated to arrive this month, so we could be seeing them in stores anytime now.

The 'Xir
01-15-2008, 09:37 PM
For those that may not know, I'm down in Easton MD visiting my Parents for the holidays/selling my entire SW collection(general discussion thread). So as I happened by the toy section in Walmart today; out of old habhabit, to check out what might be new in SW(and really transformers) they had these Comic book 2-packs! They were near the clearence Ilse and not knowing what they were and being a Boba Fett fan I asked the CSR what was up and how much! They WERE regular price unfortunately but they had about 2-3 of each one, So If anybody hasnt gotten a certain one yet I guess I could pick them up for you if you want, and All I'd expect is retail+shpn and maybe a couple extra bucks for my time and gas! LMK they're just sitting there!

Oh, btw dont know how much of a pegwarmer this is, so dont crucify me if this has been said repeatedly('cuase I really dont collect this cr** anymore(really it just not wanting to give my money to Lucas anymore)), but one thing they did have on clearence is that Darth Vader 30th Aniversary coin book with DV figure for only $5.00! Anyone interested in that as well I could pick it up for them! Cool? Lmk!

jjreason
01-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Oddly enough these showed up in Canada as well - I'm VERY happy with Keller and the Galactic Marine. Very OT, for EU stuff (if that makes any sense). :thumbsup:

Slicker
01-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Is the Boba Fett and "Escape from the Sarlaac" one? If so then that's doubley pathetic.:rolleyes:

The 'Xir
01-16-2008, 01:34 AM
Is the Boba Fett and "Escape from the Sarlaac" one? If so then that's doubley pathetic.:rolleyes:

Awwww where's the Luv?! ;)

Sinscia Fat'o
01-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Finally found these today, Keller was a really cool figure, the Fett was blah, but kinda cool, another Mando doesn't hurt i suppose, the RA-7 was cool as well, nice paint apps. The Galactic MArine sucked...i thought he had a soft goods skirt, the bail and obi where nice revisions of the originals...good to hear about Kanos and Jax i need another set for customs.

Luuuuuuke
01-16-2008, 03:29 PM
found these Monday morning. I only got the Keller and Twins packs.

I like the Keller a lot. The Galactic Marine's okay. You can't go too wrong with a Galactic Marine. The Twins pack is cool, and I missed the original versions, so I'm glad to get this one. The babies are actually done very well. The Boba Fett pack just didn't do anything for me, so I passed.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-16-2008, 09:51 PM
found these Monday morning. I only got the Keller and Twins packs.

I like the Keller a lot. The Galactic Marine's okay. You can't go too wrong with a Galactic Marine. The Twins pack is cool, and I missed the original versions, so I'm glad to get this one. The babies are actually done very well. The Boba Fett pack just didn't do anything for me, so I passed.

Bail/Obi is the only set I have yet to see out of these, but at the same time, only 1 of the 3 Wal-Marts in my area even has these on the pegs so hopefully I can come across one soon.

jediguy
01-16-2008, 09:59 PM
I found all 3 sets and got 2 of each

I traded 2 full sets for the old EE astromech sets over at Galactic Hunter
I posted trade up here for the clones, but only one guy came asking
I think the post is still in the trading forum, so let's make a deal!

The 'Xir
01-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Had to go back 2 wal-mart 2day, so I thought Id check to see how many of these were left, and as I got up to the display there was a women taking one of the peg(didnt see what she had), but after she left their remained..:

9- ?keller?/Marine
5- Fett/Droid
and
2 - Twins left.

jedi master sal
01-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Damn and still not a one here in Pittsburgh.

I need only 5 Keller sets and one Boba set. Don't care one way or the other for the twins set.

samskull
01-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Haven't seen anything in SWFL but the same Tarkin/Red Eyed Stormtrooper and Vader/Brown Reb for eons. Will be nice if they have some of this wave soon!

DarkArtist
01-17-2008, 05:01 PM
have yet to see these. The walmarts by me SUCK. they haven't even got Wave 7.5 or 8 yet. might have to resort to Ebay for these, unless someone here can pick me up and extra set. would love to get about 3 of the Commander Keller sets.

El Chuxter
01-18-2008, 10:30 AM
I found two of these today at the local WM. I go there regularly. I haven't been there in about a week, though.

However, in that week, they not only stocked these, but put them on clearance! I got the Keller and Boba packs for $7 each. (There was no twins set. And I would've passed on Boba easily had he been full price.)

I know they're the biggest retailer in the world, but I've got to wonder why Hasbro gives them exclusives? They're tough to find (I find roughly half of the exclusives myself, despite regularly visiting a store in an area with few collectors), the distribution sucks, and the stores sometimes do weird stuff like putting them on clearance the minute they hit the floor.

A purple droid (wonder what his connection to Mace will be?) and a cold-weather Clone Commander were each worth $7. I might put the neon Boba under a table leg to keep it from wobbling.

Old Fossil
01-18-2008, 09:22 PM
I got the Keller/Marine pack tonight... it's very cool, even if it is more frickin' Clones. The white Marine reminds me a lot of the Snowtrooper (commander?) seen on the AT-AT command bridge with Veers in ESB. Keller's silky-smoove cloak took a little getting used to, but the overall effect is very easy on the eyes. Now if only Hasbro would make that cool snow-beast pictured in the comic!!! (And that insectoid Jedi, too. AND Master Hudorra...)

These are the first figures I've bought since two Legends Clone lieutenants back in mid-December.

The Fett/Droid set was an easy pass. They look ridiculous. Didn't see Bail/Obi, and didn't miss seeing 'em.

bobafrett
01-19-2008, 11:04 AM
picked up the Keller/Marine and the Obi Wan/ Bail comic packs. Saw 4 of the Keller/Marine packs, but only one of the Obi Wan/ Bail packs.

Thunderbird
01-20-2008, 07:02 PM
I found these last Sunday, today I found the Lt. Jundland & Deena Shan, Mouse & Bassco in Stormtrooper Disquise, and Clone Commando and Super Battle Droid sets. Very cool sets.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-20-2008, 07:21 PM
I found these last Sunday, today I found the Lt. Jundland & Deena Shan, Mouse & Bassco in Stormtrooper Disquise, and Clone Commando and Super Battle Droid sets. Very cool sets.

Doh! Just when I thought I could take a bit of a break.:p Those do look like great sets though,and I'm looking forward to those as well as soon as I see them.

Captain-DC
01-20-2008, 08:29 PM
I found the three Wal-Mart comic 2-packs last week as well. I picked up all three of them.

Even the Twins one. I already had them from the single carded versions a few years back. So it was odd to see these again now. And they are again a Wal-Mart exclusive. Very Odd.

I like the colors on this Boba Fett even if they are bright. It stands out. He! He!

And the Purple R-A7 droid looks ok. But i hope it doesn't have the same problem that the old Power of the Force version had from many years ago. That Death Star Droid has paint problems. If you have that old one loose and have it in a container with other figures. The Metalic paint on that version seems to melt and comes off on the other figures and it will leave a purple stain on them. And if they have white outfits you'll end up with purple stains all over the other figures. So that old Death Star Droid is porrly done. I just hope they didn't use that metalic paint they did on the old droid. That would be another mistake for Hasbro to use that type of paint again now.

Now if Hasbro would do an Comic 2-Pack for Shadows of The Empire. I like to see a Guri and Leebo 2-Pack from that. And maybe some others.

:)

By: Captain-DC
01/20/2008

Mad Slanted Powers
01-27-2008, 11:55 PM
I found Boba/RA-7 last week, and Keller/Marine this week. Is the Organa/Obi-Wan one in the same case? It seems odd that it was the only one not there as I figured that would be the least popular one.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-28-2008, 02:46 PM
I found Boba/RA-7 last week, and Keller/Marine this week. Is the Organa/Obi-Wan one in the same case? It seems odd that it was the only one not there as I figured that would be the least popular one.

Bail/Obi is only one per case, MSP. Probably whay you can't find it. I ordered mine at their website for $9.88+tax($10.88 in stores, but no availability). I had the shipping done site to store so I can pick it up at my local store when it arrives. If you have it shipped to your home it's an extra $4.75.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-28-2008, 03:42 PM
The Fett/RA-7 pack is peg warming hard around here, i guess bringing out two figures which are still readily available didn't fool anyone...

The Keller pack while not peg warming isn't a hard find around here...i've only see Bail and Obi once...and i have not seen it since...But of course thats the best Bail we've gotten thus far.

tagmac
01-28-2008, 04:23 PM
I ended up picking up a Bail/Obi-Wan set on ebay, as my Wal-Mart never has anything. These look better than the previous versions with the soft goods, and the paint apps on the twins' faces is better as well (the blue/pink looks ridiculous, but since it's the comic pack, of course we're getting the colors used in the book).

Jedi_Kal-El
01-28-2008, 04:31 PM
The Fett/RA-7 pack is peg warming hard around here, i guess bringing out two figures which are still readily available didn't fool anyone...

The Keller pack while not peg warming isn't a hard find around here...i've only see Bail and Obi once...and i have not seen it since...But of course thats the best Bail we've gotten thus far.

I wish more of them would peg warm around here. Out of 3 Wal-Marts, only one has had them, and I got the Keller/Marine and Boba/RA-7 with no sign of Bail/Obi. The other 2 sets went pretty quick.