PDA

View Full Version : New Rumor List!

Battle Droid
01-11-2008, 04:39 PM
From, http://www.theprivateuniverse.co.uk/cgi-bin/showarticle.pl?section=news&articleid=2464

The latest Paugus Toy Company news letter is packed full of goodies coming to UK collectors this year. Not just Star Wars but Indianna Jones, Marvel and Transformers. Read on for some scoop news and shed loads of stuff to save up for... including that new Millenium Falcon!

SW 3 Ύ” FIGURE ASSORTMENT WAVE 8.5 - February 2008
30TH Line look with figure stand
Obi-Wan on Lava Platform
Darth Vader on Lava Platform
Lava Miner Droid and Platform
Commander Gree
Kashyyk Trooper
Tri Droid
2-1B Medical Droid
Separatist Po Nudo

SW 3 Ύ” FIGURE ASSORTMENT WAVE 9 - March 2008
Force Unleashed Darth Vader
Force Unleashed Rahm Kota
Force Unleashed Maris Brood
Force Unleashed Stormtrooper #1
Force Unleashed Juno Eclipse
Force Unleashed Heavy Stormtrooper
Force Unleashed Shadow Guard

SW 3 Ύ” FIGURE ASSORTMENT WAVE 10 - April 2008
Obi-Wan with Generals Armour
Clone Trooper with Quad Cannon
Clone Scuba Trooper
Saesee Tiin with General Armour
Padme Ilum
Black IG-88 Speeder Bike Droid
Mon Calamari Warrior
Quarren Soldier

SW UNLEASHED 2” BATTLE PACKS WAVE 6 - February 2008
HERO PACK: TFU Main Hero, Smaurai Jedi, Maris Brood, Juno Eclipse
VILLAIN PACK: TFU Vader, Emperor, shadow Guard (x2)
TROOP PACK: TFU Gas Mask Trooper, Heavy Trooper, 2 Redeco Troops

SW UNLEASHED 2” BATTLE PACKS WAVE 7 - April 2008
SW UNLEASHED 2” BATTLE PACKS WAVE - June 2008

SW 3 Ύ” SAGA LEGENDS ASSORTMENT
Wave 1 ’08 Fans Choice - March 2008

SW 3 Ύ” BATTLE PACKS WAVE 4
Wave 4 - January 2008

SW 3 Ύ” BATTLE PACKS WAVE 5
Wave 5 - TBC

STAR WARS ACTION FIGURES Star Wars Galactic Heroes 2 Packs Wave 1 ‘08 - January 2008
Dagobah Luke & Yoda
Weequay & Barada
Grand Moff Tarkin & Imperial Officer
Leia & Poncho & Endor Rebel Commander

Wave 2 ‘08 - March 2008

STAR WARD GALACTIC HEROES CINEMA SCENES RATIO - TBC

STAR WARS 3.75” BUILD-A-DROID FIGURES Waves TBC - Spring/Autumn
CLONE WARS 3.75” BASIC FIGURES Waves TBC - Spring/Autumn

SW 3 Ύ” COMIC PACKS WAVE 2 - March 2008
Expanded Universe Anakin and Assassin Droid
Expanded Universe Baron Fel and Derek Kilvian
Expanded Universe LT Jundlund and L T Shan
Expanded Universe Stormtrooper Disguise Mouse and Basso
Expanded Universe Rep Commander and Super Battle Droid

SW 3 Ύ” COMIC PACKS WAVE 3 - June 2008
SW 3 Ύ” COMIC PACKS WAVE 4
SW 3 Ύ” EVOLUTION PACKS WAVE 0.5 - January 2008
Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader
The Sith
Clone Trooper to Storm Trooper
SW 3 Ύ” EVOLUTION PACKS WAVE 1 - March 2008
The Jedi Legacy 3 pk
The Sith Legacy 3pk
The Fett Legacy 3pk
Evolutions Forced Unleashed 3pk
SW 3 Ύ” EVOLUTION PACKS WAVE 2 - TBA - June 2008
EXCLUSIVE EXPANDED UNIVERSE COMIC PACK - Autumn/Winter
Waves TBC

EXCLUSIVE EXPANDED UNIVERSE PACK WAVE - May/June
Waves TBC

SW 3 Ύ” VEHICLE ASSORTMENT WAVE 8 - April 2008
General Grievous Starfighter Vehicle
AT-PT Republic Walker Vehicle
Anakin’s Green Ep II Starfighter
Obi-Wans Blue Ep II Starfighter

STAR WARS MILENNIUM FALCON £149.99 - Autumn TBC
STAR WARS CLONE WARS AT-TE VEHICLE - Spring Autumn
STAR WARS 3.75” A-WING GREEN LEADER WITH ARVEL CRYNYD - Autumn / Winter

TITANIUM STAR WARS 3” VEHICLES WAVE 5
Tatooine Skiff - March 2008
AT-OT
Ep2 Jedi Star Fighter with Warp Ring
Millenium Falcon (2005)
Camo Scout on Speeder Bike
WAVE 6 - June 2008
WAVE 7 - October 2008
WAVE 8 - November 2008

STAR WARS MIGHTY MUGGS WAVE 1 - January 2008
Darth Vader
Chewbacca
Boba Fett
Darth Maul
Luke Skywalker
C3-PO

WAVE 2 - July 2008
Stormtrooper
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Commander Cody
Jango Fett
Count Dooku
Rex

STARS WARS FORCE ACTION LIGHTSABER - January 2008
STAR WARS FORCE UNLEASHED DELUXE L’SABER - January 2008
STAR WARS BASIC LIGHTSABER - TBC
CLONE WARS ELECTRONIC BLASTER - TBC
CLONE WARS BASIC LIGHTSABER - TBC
CLONE WARS CLONE TROOPER HELMET ASST - April 2008
CLONE WARS ULTIMATE LIGHTSABER - March 2008
CLONE WARS ELECTRONIC LIGHTSABER ASST - April 2008

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-11-2008, 04:53 PM
There's absolutely nothing new here as far as the main line goes, except for Arvel Crynyd's A-wing. Yawn.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-11-2008, 07:34 PM
There's absolutely nothing new here as far as the main line goes, except for Arvel Crynyd's A-wing. Yawn.

Yep, pretty much everything on there has been rumored for some time now. The A-Wing was on the Rebelscum romor list.

Kidhuman
01-11-2008, 07:47 PM
What is this Spring/Autumn crap?

Slicker
01-11-2008, 07:55 PM
What is this Spring/Autumn crap?Those are what we call "seasons". Here's a write up on them including more information on the other two: Summer and winter!!!

Seasons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasons)

Kidhuman
01-11-2008, 08:08 PM
I know what they are, how can you say it will be a spring/autumn release. I can understad back to back seasons, but why separate them?

Jedi_Kal-El
01-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Those are what we call "seasons". Here's a write up on them including more information on the other two: Summer and winter!!!

Seasons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasons)

Good one Slicker!lol

bigbarada
01-11-2008, 08:24 PM
STAR WARS 3.75” A-WING GREEN LEADER WITH ARVEL CRYNYD - Autumn / Winter

Hopefully the Arvel Crynyd is the TAC Tycho figure with a new head and the correct helmet. If so then it looks like I'm buying another A-Wing.:pleased:

plasticfetish
01-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Those are what we call "seasons".That's pretty damned funny.

If so then it looks like I'm buying another A-Wing.I'm with you. I love A-wings anyway. I'd rather have variations of those than friggin' Ep.3 Jedi Starfighters.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-11-2008, 10:40 PM
That's pretty damned funny.

I'm with you. I love A-wings anyway. I'd rather have variations of those than friggin' Ep.3 Jedi Starfighters.

I agree as well. Why can't we get more A-Wings, B-Wings, or maybe even a Red 2 X-Wing....ships that were actually in the films for the most part, unlike the myriad of Jedi fighter repaints.

bigbarada
01-11-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm assuming the Green Leader A-Wing will be painted like the 1997 release, with (hopefully) less severe "battle wear" and maybe they could actually get around to painting the guns this time.

I'd also buy a blue "concept" A-Wing. That'd be cool.

figrin bran
01-12-2008, 12:50 AM
I know what they are, how can you say it will be a spring/autumn release. I can understad back to back seasons, but why separate them?

I have a feeling that the Indy line will cause delays for SW just like Transformers and Spidey did last summer.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-12-2008, 07:49 AM
I have a feeling that the Indy line will cause delays for SW just like Transformers and Spidey did last summer.

I hope not. that was really frustrating last year, and then all of a sudden we had 3 waves back to back in most places.

I know Indy is a popular. Heck I my even pick up a fig or 2, but if we get the glut of product like we did last summer, I know I'm gonna be slightly irritated.:mad:

Mad Slanted Powers
01-12-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm assuming the Green Leader A-Wing will be painted like the 1997 release, with (hopefully) less severe "battle wear" and maybe they could actually get around to painting the guns this time.

I'd also buy a blue "concept" A-Wing. That'd be cool.
Since it is Green Leader, Perhaps they'll just re-release the 2003 Version (http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03awing.asp), perhaps with a different pilot.

jedi master sal
01-12-2008, 11:06 AM
I'd much prefer the blue version as well. I'm not big on repaints, but this one is very nice. I have a framed piece of artwork of the design. Would be nice to have the 3 3/4 version of it.

bigbarada
01-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Since it is Green Leader, Perhaps they'll just re-release the 2003 Version (http://www.rebelscum.com/sw03awing.asp), perhaps with a different pilot.

If that's the case, the count me out. I don't like that version.

Green Leader is the A-Wing Pilot who flew his ship into the Super Star Destroyer in ROTJ killing Admiral Piett. So his ship is the A-Wing that we see in all the ROTJ model photos. Meaning it should be red and white.

The "green" in Green Leader referred to the color of his uniform, not his spaceship.

bigbarada
01-12-2008, 12:18 PM

Somehow I don't feel that a movie starring a 60-year old treasure hunter will have the same appeal as a movie starring a kid with superhuman spider-powers or a movie about giant transforming robots.

I think the Indy line will be pretty tame in comparison to last year's Spider-Man and Transformers lines.

Cane_Adiss
01-12-2008, 12:49 PM
I think the Indy line will be pretty tame in comparison to last year's Spider-Man and Transformers lines.

I think I agree with this. I'm betting that the Indy line, while a great concept that I'm a little excited about (not alot, jut a little) I have a feeling it might pegwarm like the underwhelming Pirates of the Caribbean line did. My local stores are clearancing POTC figs out for 3 bucks a pop. I'm wondering if the same won't happen to Indy.

jedi master sal
01-12-2008, 07:59 PM
While it may not have staying power, I'll venture to guess it will be hot for 3 solid months. Then it will taper to collectors getting the line. Then they will b!tch when they don't get every major character from each of the 4 movies.

Dark Marble
01-13-2008, 05:39 PM
I am really curious about the new Falcon. I am wondering if this will be an over priced re-tool or something brand new. I am really hoping for something new and bigger than the original.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-13-2008, 05:54 PM
I am really curious about the new Falcon. I am wondering if this will be an over priced re-tool or something brand new. I am really hoping for something new and bigger than the original.

For $150 it better be all new. I'll get an AT-TE for that price because it's something we've never had and everyone wants. I'll have to wait and see some actual images of the Falcon before I make any real decisions.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-13-2008, 06:36 PM
For $150 it better be all new. I'll get an AT-TE for that price because it's something we've never had and everyone wants. I'll have to wait and see some actual images of the Falcon before I make any real decisions.
I wonder if that was a typo. It said £149.99, not $149.99, so maybe it is actually just $49.99.

mark2d2
01-13-2008, 08:04 PM
So far, I am seriously not digging these rumors. . . Why? Well, a very conspicuous absence of the OT. I sure hope later waves get me more excited. As it stands, I look to buy a whopping two figures out of the first three waves. An all time low. The evolutions (once again) are just not that interesting to me --- the one exception to this would be Padme's. The good news is that if the Falcon really does come out at $150 --- I will certainly have enough coin left for it.

I am still mourning the loss of the Vintage Collection. They were such fun and so well done year after year. And now they are dead. Meanwhile, my interest in Star Wars collecting is about to go on life support.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-13-2008, 08:28 PM
I wonder if that was a typo. It said £149.99, not $149.99, so maybe it is actually just $49.99.

I saw an article on Jedi Defender showing it at $149.99 in the Target comuter system. I couldn't get a link to the direct post but have provided a link to the archived page. It's under the headline: Another Shelf Filler Coming.

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/arc0-2008.php

So far, I am seriously not digging these rumors. . . Why? Well, a very conspicuous absence of the OT. I sure hope later waves get me more excited. As it stands, I look to buy a whopping two figures out of the first three waves. An all time low. The evolutions (once again) are just not that interesting to me --- the one exception to this would be Padme's. The good news is that if the Falcon really does come out at $150 --- I will certainly have enough coin left for it.

I am still mourning the loss of the Vintage Collection. They were such fun and so well done year after year. And now they are dead. Meanwhile, my interest in Star Wars collecting is about to go on life support.

According to some of what I've heard and read, there's suppose to be some kind of Classics line comming later in the year. Don't know much about it, but it's suppose to focus on OT, so I wouldn't freak out too bad yet. We still have yet to see what all is going to be shown off at Toy Fair, and Comc-Con.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-13-2008, 10:26 PM
According to some of what I've heard and read, there's suppose to be some kind of Classics line comming later in the year. Don't know much about it, but it's suppose to focus on OT, so I wouldn't freak out too bad yet. We still have yet to see what all is going to be shown off at Toy Fair, and Comc-Con.
From what I understand, Hasbro has just been referring to all non-Clone Wars figures as "Classic," whether they are from the prequels, original trilogy, or EU other than the new Clone Wars show.

bigbarada
01-14-2008, 06:41 AM

Vintage is not dead permanently, Hasbro just stated that there weren't any planned for 2008, but that doesn't rule out 2009. Supposedly, they're focusing on Evolutions as the "premium" figure line for 08.

Apparently if Hasbro were to release the Evolutions and Vintage sublines in the same year it would cause the universe to collapse in on itself. Or something like that, I can't remember the exact wording that the Hasbro rep used. So, for all of our sakes, Hasbro has decided to give the Vintage line a one year break.

Dark Marble
01-14-2008, 08:45 AM
I liked the vintage line for the most part, but if or when Hasbro brings the line back they need to bring their A game. I really wasn't impressed with the line in 2007 and I am glad it is taking a break.

That said, I am hoping to see good things from the evolution sets this year. I am jazzed about Unleashed and like all things Jango/Boba but how far will these go...

Sinscia Fat'o
01-17-2008, 01:26 PM
As cool as the vintage line is i prefer the evolution sets, since we get the same quality of figures, for better pricing..not to mention all the cool little nick knacks that come with them...and there are alot of PT and EU characters that get made in this format VS the Vintage format which only caters to one type of collector.

bigbarada
01-17-2008, 04:11 PM
As cool as the vintage line is i prefer the evolution sets, since we get the same quality of figures, for better pricing..not to mention all the cool little nick knacks that come with them...and there are alot of PT and EU characters that get made in this format VS the Vintage format which only caters to one type of collector.

I just don't understand why they can't do both. Maybe this way we can stop hearing the complaints about the choice of figures done in the vintage line and how they're not "important enough" to be "worthy" of the vintage line.

For me, the top ten figures I would love to see in vintage format would be:
1. Barada
2. Klaatu
3. Nikto
4. Gamorrean Guard
5. Admiral Ackbar
6. Yak Face
7. Squidhead
8. Zuckuss (4-LOM)
9. Weequay
10. B-Wing Pilot

I could care less about more Lukes, Hans and Leias, because we're going to get those no matter what. I've always been more interested in the background aliens.

So I can understand the complaint that Hasbro didn't bring their "A game" when you look at figures like Endor Leia, Han Hoth and Luke Bespin; but Bossk, the Snowtrooper and IG-88 are three of the greatest Star Wars figures ever made. That's pretty much an indisputable fact and if you don't believe me, just LOOK at the figures, they are amazing!

jedi master sal
01-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Or look to the votes in the poll.

While a small amount, I think it's relatively representative of what we'd see in a larger poll.

The Snowtrooper, Bossk and IG-88 did very well. As well they should.

It could be that collectors are waining on they're interest of main characters, and after the umpteenth time of them being released, can Hasbro really blame us?

We've NEEDED a SA Snowtrooper and they came through. We didn't neccessarily ask for a new Bossk or IG-88, but we bought them up and most people praised Hasbro for them.

The main characters just aren't as exciting now. I can't even fathom how many extra Vaders, Lukes, Hans, etc. etc. I have. Not to mention the main characters in battle packs. I'll never need another Mace or EPIII Obi...(except SA in clone armor with cloth cape). But basic main characters are overdone. One in a wave of 6 is more than enough.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-17-2008, 04:34 PM
I just don't understand why they can't do both. Maybe this way we can stop hearing the complaints about the choice of figures done in the vintage line and how they're not "important enough" to be "worthy" of the vintage line.

For me, the top ten figures I would love to see in vintage format would be:
1. Barada
2. Klaatu
3. Nikto
4. Gamorrean Guard
5. Admiral Ackbar
6. Yak Face
7. Squidhead
8. Zuckuss (4-LOM)
9. Weequay
10. B-Wing Pilot

I could care less about more Lukes, Hans and Leias, because we're going to get those no matter what. I've always been more interested in the background aliens.

So I can understand the complaint that Hasbro didn't bring their "A game" when you look at figures like Endor Leia, Han Hoth and Luke Bespin; but Bossk, the Snowtrooper and IG-88 are three of the greatest Star Wars figures ever made. That's pretty much an indisputable fact and if you don't believe me, just LOOK at the figures, they are amazing!

I dont think hasbro thinks the vintage line and the evolutions line can both carry their respective loads at the same time at retail, which i think is a smart call, and with Han (Hoth), Leia (Endor) (Which i liked, and i wasn't alone.) Luke (Bespin) (Which wasn't bad.) These figures got such horriable out crys from the collectors of being not up to par maybe hasbro felt they should take a year off and produce figures that may be up to collector's standards which from what i've seen on these boards and others is impossiable to satisfy.

IG-88 and Bossok were two of the greatest star wars figures ever made, and the snow trooper while a great figure isn't as great as the other two which wasn't hasbro's or the figure thought, it's a snow trooper compared to two bounty hunters...not a fair fight for being cool or exciting.

I think the vintage line should be more like you suggested, more collector demanded figures like the aliens you suggested, but i do think main characters do have a place in the line, but they should be the ultimate version of the said character...but thats not a good business model either for hasbro...So i think thats why we seen the vintage line go away, it just doesn't make sense for hasbro to make these greatly done characters like Han Solo (ANH), Chewie, Fett, Vader, IG-88 because seriously other than buying legend based rehashes of these molds will we ever really need to buy another of any of those characters?