PDA

View Full Version : Palisades Alien Space Jockey

Snowtrooper
01-14-2008, 08:03 PM
I was curious if anyone here bought this piece from a few years back. I'm talking about the big 10" statue, not the micro statue. If you did, what did you think of it? Is it a worthy purchase or was it overpriced? Its hard for me to make a judgement from the pictures I've seen. I'm kindasorta looking around for one if the price is right, so any info would be helpful.

Engineernerd
01-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey Snowtrooper,

This guy might still have his:

http://forum.creatusmaximus.com/showthread.php?t=1335&highlight=alien+space+jockey

Creatus Maximus is where most of the people from the Palisades boards migrated when the company collapsed. He probably has pictures of it as well, he used to do some online visual guides for their stuff.

Hope it helps,
E-nerd

Snowtrooper
01-16-2008, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the info Engineernerd. :)

Snowtrooper
10-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Finally, at long last, I was able to find one of these. BBTS had a slightly damaged one on their website for a little over $100, so I decided to buy it. The site said there was some paint chipping on the base. But when it arrived, the chipped paint was so miniscule, you wouldn't notice it without looking for it. The rest of it was in immaculate condition, so I was very pleased with the purchase.

I'd been looking off and on for the past two years without much luck. Usually the ones I saw were on ebay and the sellers were wanting over $300 for it. Plus they were usually overseas, so the shipping was a fortune as well. I feel rather lucky that I found this.

Darth Duranium
10-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Great score, Snowtrooper! Looks frickin' awesome... very jealous. Gotta love Giger's warped brain!

jonthejedi
10-29-2010, 04:20 AM
Wow...an Alien collectible I would love...especially with the prequel coming out.

Snowtrooper
10-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Giger's artwork is really demented.....troubling......awesome, even to this day. I'm not a real art enthusiast, but I think he's got to be one of the best artists of the 20th century. His work still provokes strong reactions. I wish they do more sculptures of his works.

BBTS every once in awhile, gets in slightly damaged items which they sell for a decent price. It just takes some time for the ones you want to show up. It took me over 2 1/2 years before this showed up.