PDA

View Full Version : Wow, just wow...

Kidhuman
01-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Ever wonder why Hasbro isnt doing anything about the Jerjerrod situation. Its because there are over 1700 of them on HTS. They cant even get rid of them.

El Chuxter
01-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Where are you seeing that?

(Really. Knowing how to check quantities there would be nice.)

bigbarada
01-15-2008, 03:55 PM
What sucks is, when a particular figure fails at retail, Hasbro almost never puts the blame on themselves. They just say, "well I guess no one really wants this type of character" and start coming up with more clone repaints. They never admit, "Maybe we just made a crap figure and this character would sell well if we did a better job."

Droid
01-15-2008, 04:51 PM
What sucks is, when a particular figure fails at retail, Hasbro almost never puts the blame on themselves. They just say, "well I guess no one really wants this type of character" and start coming up with more clone repaints. They never admit, "Maybe we just made a crap figure and this character would sell well if we did a better job."

I put forward a question in the Q&A for Hasbro that I think I am the only person who ever votes for that basically asks them to admit that the figure was terrible and they shouldn't say, "Well I guess no one wants Jerjerrod."

bigbarada
01-15-2008, 05:22 PM
There's got to be some way to reword that so it's more general and just uses Jerjerrod as an example.

Something like:
If a certain figure fails at retail, what are the steps taken to determine why that particular figure failed? For instance, Moff Jerjerrod was a figure who was highly anticipated by the collecting community; but sold poorly and is still being reported as a pegwarmer. So, how would you go about ascertaining the cause of his failure at retail? Would it be seen as an external problem (our customers are just not interested in this character)? Or would it be seen as an internal problem (there is a demand for this character, but the quality of the figure itself is the problem)?

That's about as far as I get and it's already starting to get too "wordy." Plus, I don't want to give the Hasbro rep an "out" so they can dodge the question with something like, "Well, according to our reports, that figure sold very well and we consider him a success." Or some BS answer like that.

Kidhuman
01-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Where are you seeing that?

(Really. Knowing how to check quantities there would be nice.)

Add the figure to your cart and input an amount. I entered 1500 and it said ok it would ship, so I went to 2000 and it said sold out, then 1750 and it was good, but 1800 said sold out.

2-1B
01-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Awesome, between 1750 and 1800 homes should have one.

El Chuxter
01-15-2008, 11:48 PM
Okay, I thought there was an easier way. I tried that, but thought maybe you were looking at something I couldn't find.

As of this morning, there were 1773 in stock.

UKWildcat
01-16-2008, 01:11 AM
lol

Chux actually played around with it until he discovered the exact amount. Good work! :thumbsup:

mtriv73
01-16-2008, 06:59 AM
They sold one:thumbsup: (not to me though.) Only 1772 left as of 8:00 AM EST.

TheRealDubya
01-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Just to give an example of doing it right and doing it wrong...look at Veers from TSC and then at Jerjerrod. Veers sold through just about everywhere. Jerjy is still dangling in nearly every store I go to. Every store. They're "practically" the same figure, but Veers had some excellent accessories and much better facial sculpt (and his legs weren't crazy far apart.)

Assuming they had done a better facial sculpt, what could they have packaged with Jerjerrod to make him more appealing to the consumer? He didn't really have any cool moments in the movie.

At the very least, they should have shipped him in much lower ratios. I remember the Imperial Commander from the vintage days peg warming too. Officers just aren't that thrilling, and Hasbro should have learned that.

Droid
01-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Assuming they had done a better facial sculpt, what could they have packaged with Jerjerrod to make him more appealing to the consumer? He didn't really have any cool moments in the movie.

They could have used the body of a previous Imperial, Tagge or Ozzel or someone to keep tooling costs low, given him a head that looked Jerjerrod with a normal facial expression.

As for a packin, maybe a mouse droid?

jedi master sal
01-16-2008, 04:49 PM
How about a Stormtrooper for a pack-in. I mean it.

What an easy way to army build. Each Officer gets a Stormtrooper with it. In no time you'll have a squad for the officers to boss around. Tie Fighter pilots can come with a Stormtrooper. So could Imperial gunners, Imperial troopers (formerly Death Star Squad Commanders), etc.

Sell these either for the regular figure price or the comic pack price of $10.

Same goes for Seperatist leaders, pack-in a GOOD battle droid figure and you can build up those ranks quickly.

Clone pack-ins for Republic leaders.

Easy $10 packs. Hasbro gets a little extra scratch without having to retool another pack-in and we can easily army build and not feel cheated.

just a thought

DarthBrandon
01-16-2008, 05:01 PM
How about a Stormtrooper for a pack-in. I mean it.

What an easy way to army build. Each Officer gets a Stormtrooper with it. In no time you'll have a squad for the officers to boss around. Tie Fighter pilots can come with a Stormtrooper. So could Imperial gunners, Imperial troopers (formerly Death Star Squad Commanders), etc.

Sell these either for the regular figure price or the comic pack price of $10.

Same goes for Seperatist leaders, pack-in a GOOD battle droid figure and you can build up those ranks quickly.

Clone pack-ins for Republic leaders.

Easy $10 packs. Hasbro gets a little extra scratch without having to retool another pack-in and we can easily army build and not feel cheated.

just a thought

Even though I have quite a bit of Stormie's, I like this idea quite a bit.

JediTricks
01-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Veers didn't sell well either, he pegwarmed for months, I still run into a few of them - not like Jerjerrod of course, but it's still not a hot seller. This is one of those "why would they even make this figure?" figures because it has no kid appeal and limited collector appeal. Not like I'm dying for a better Piett, but I'd take that over Moff Didnothing any day. Granted, they made Jerjerrod the worst figure they could, he can't kneel, he looks all wrong, doesn't have a removable cap or cool accessory, he's a failure. But I'd argue that even if he were perfect he'd still tank at retail because he'd be ultra boring.

BTW, I love that Hasbro included the picture on the insert to prove their sculpt matched the character, without realizing they gave the figure "angry eyes" instead of "concerned eyes" that are in the photo.

El Chuxter
01-16-2008, 11:17 PM
Jerjerrod has already beaten Malakili and Saelt-Marae, and is on the fast track to overtaking the Neimoidian Warrior. :eek:

bigbarada
01-17-2008, 12:46 AM
GO, JERJERROD! GO!

I haven't bought a single one of these figures, so I feel that I've done my part.:laugh:

TheRealDubya
01-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Veers didn't sell well either, he pegwarmed for months, I still run into a few of them.

Really? Up here, I ran into them in the wild maybe three times. If they were still sitting about in my area, I would buy those up. Love that figure.

JediTricks
01-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Weird, I had reports of him pegwarming pretty much everywhere.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2008, 03:21 PM
It seems that Rebels and Imperials have not been doing fantastically lately. The two current biggest TAC pegwarmers are the Rebel Honor Guards and Death Star Trooper, and I still see millions of Jerjerrods, several General Rieekans, and the occasional Veers. Jerjerrod is of course pretty bad, and Rieekan really didn't need to be rereleased, but I like all the others.

Thinking about it, Jerjerrod and Lushros Dofine seemed to be sticking around together, but I can't say if I've seen a Lushros in stores in quite some time now. Huh. Maybe the Comic Pack with the Neimoidian dressed as an Imperial will be the biggest pegwarmer of all time. :D

General_Grievous
01-17-2008, 04:50 PM
I want to know how you guys are still seeing so many Jerjerrods. The only store that still has any 2006 TSC figures in my area is a Toys R Us. Not surprisingly, they have one Jerjerrod that's not going anywhere. Someone should inform the actor who played him that his figure is probably the lowest-selling and most over-produced Star Wars figure of all time.

El Chuxter
01-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Almost every store I go to on a semi-regular basis (3 WMs, 2 TRUs, 5 Targets, and 2 K-Marts) has at least one Jerjerrod.

JediTricks
01-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Most of my local stores have gotten rid of them, but a few TRUs and a lot of Wal-marts by me still are suffering them. WM Duarte has an epic amount, half their SW basic figure pegs are dedicated to him and a few Lushros.

El Chuxter
01-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Maybe they should recall them, and release them as starwarsshop.com exclusive Evolutions sets portraying Jerjerrod at different times on Friday before the Death Star was destroyed?

Bel-Cam Jos
01-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Someone should inform the actor who played him that his figure is probably the lowest-selling and most over-produced Star Wars figure of all time.I think that diSTINKtion goes to the dude who played Malakili [Rancor Keeper], as the POTF2 version of him warmed for months and months. And I actually see more of the Nemoidian senator figure (name escapes me now) than Moff JJ.

Kidhuman
01-19-2008, 10:53 AM
I think that diSTINKtion goes to the dude who played Malakili [Rancor Keeper], as the POTF2 version of him warmed for months and months. And I actually see more of the Nemoidian senator figure (name escapes me now) than Moff JJ.

Lushros Dofine???

My Target has about 9 JJ's on the shelf(and not reason)

General_Grievous
01-20-2008, 11:45 PM
I think that diSTINKtion goes to the dude who played Malakili [Rancor Keeper], as the POTF2 version of him warmed for months and months.

Really? I don't remember Malakili being a pegwarmer. But then again, it was ten years ago. I must not have been paying attention to pegwarmers back then.

El Chuxter
01-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Several stores in the area of VA I lived in marked down just Malakili to $1.50 after the figures sat there for over a year. Even then, it took months to get rid of them.

TeeEye7
01-21-2008, 02:47 AM
Really? I don't remember Malakili being a pegwarmer. But then again, it was ten years ago. I must not have been paying attention to pegwarmers back then.

Yep. I've got to agree with BCJ. I remember Buddah-Boy hanging around Target pegs for an eternity back in the day. The local store was reluctant put anything new up until he went away. I remember my then 8-year-old son being very frustrated seeing Mr. M there and virtually nothing else when we were on the hunt for something new.

JediTricks
01-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Malakili is one of the most infamous pegwarmers of all time.

JEDIpartner
01-28-2008, 11:34 AM
That's 'cos he looks like Fred Mertz!

Kidhuman
01-28-2008, 12:19 PM
He is on sale at HTS for 4.99 now, go get him boys.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Malakili is one of the most infamous pegwarmers of all time.

Heck, you can still walk into some smaller drugstores today and find him on the pegs.

JediTricks
01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Someone needs to get a picture of that! :D

TeeEye7
02-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Jerjerrod has already beaten Malakili and Saelt-Marae, and is on the fast track to overtaking the Neimoidian Warrior. :eek:

I believe it.

Made the rounds looking for the Deuce this week end, and Mr. J was everywhere! :vomit: No clearance price on him in my area. He's destined to be King of the Dust Bunnies.

Kidhuman
02-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Okay, I thought there was an easier way. I tried that, but thought maybe you were looking at something I couldn't find.

As of this morning, there were 1773 in stock.

They are down to 1765 in stock right now. They are selling somewhat