PDA

View Full Version : Best Figure of Comics 2-Packs - round 2

JediTricks
01-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Continuing the "best of 2007" poll series...

Which figure do you consider the best from the Comics 2-packs line?

This is the 2nd of 3 rounds for the Comics 2-pack line, with the 1st round already underway (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=36980) (if you haven't voted yet in that one, it's open until January 18th). From both this poll and the previous, the top 5 winners will go head to head in the final round.

You can use whatever criteria you wish for voting, but remember, you are voting for the individual figure, not its pack-mate which was in the 1st round.

Keep in mind that you must be logged into the forums to vote.

Battle Droid
01-15-2008, 05:29 PM
Assassin Droid

DarthBrandon
01-15-2008, 05:51 PM
I voted for Alpha, clearly the best of the bunch IMHO.

bigbarada
01-15-2008, 06:08 PM
I went with the Heir to the Empire Luke X-Wing. Just a cool variation on the pilot outfit and the face sculpt isn't too bad (considering the other 2007 Luke figures). I had thought about the Luke Stormtrooper, but since Hasbro just reused the existing Stormtrooper body, he's too tall.

JediTricks
01-15-2008, 06:24 PM
BB, Luke Heir to the Empire is exactly the same head mold as TAC Luke ROTJ.

PloKoon_08
01-15-2008, 06:27 PM
I voted for ARC Trooper Alpha. Not a needed, but an enjoyed (at least on my end) resculpt. It had some new details I enjoyed, and I always liked the character of Alpha.

Jedi_Kal-El
01-15-2008, 06:28 PM
My vote went to Alpha, but the Vader, and Heir Luke weren't far behind.

bigbarada
01-15-2008, 06:51 PM
BB, Luke Heir to the Empire is exactly the same head mold as TAC Luke ROTJ.

I know, but for some reason it looks okay on this figure. Not great, but okay.

Probably has to do with either the color of plastic it's molded in or the paint application. Or both.

Sith Vicious
01-15-2008, 07:21 PM
I voted for Villie. I've been waiting for a Villie figure forever.

jediguy
01-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Kir Kanos

the assassin droid would be my second place vote

Tycho
01-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Villie! (Vilmarh Grahrk)

He was a great and obvious choice for a figure! - and nicely done!

Engineernerd
01-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Gotta go Arc Trooper. One of my favorite figures this year.

Kidhuman
01-15-2008, 10:34 PM
ARC Trooper (Alpha)

He gets my vote. I like the assassin droid and the Vader. The Vader lost out because he is too close to the McQ Vader in the helmet area, felt like a repack. The assassin droid was a great figure. Alpha gets my vote because he was the reason I started buying the comic packs.

figrin bran
01-15-2008, 10:37 PM
I went with An'ya Kuro, the Dark Woman

El Chuxter
01-16-2008, 12:46 AM
ARC beats Villie, but it's close.

sebillba
01-16-2008, 06:45 AM
This is an easy one for me.... Villie is the coolest of the comic figures by miles. But of course, he'll be beaten by yet another clone. :rolleyes:

Cane_Adiss
01-16-2008, 10:24 AM
I went with Ville too. He's got to be the best of the entire comic lineup. Too bad his set pegwarmed horribly in my area. I'm now looking forward to the Mouse and Basso set for the Mouse figure. It will be neat to get an alien stormtrooper!

jedi master sal
01-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Wow, this was a tough one to vote for. I ultimately went for the Assassin droid. Excellent articulation and it fits in nicely with the Seperatist droids and looks MEAN!

Howver there are some VERY notable figures tied for second and were close to being the top dog in this poll for me.
Those are:
Vilmarh Grahrk-Just a little more articulation and I would have voted for this guy. I'm a fan of the character.
ARC Trooper (Alpha)-While truly it is the best ARC trooper to date, the fact that we are getting no less than 3 repaints in the new Order 66 wave diluted the uniqueness of this figure, thereby dropping it down to second or lower, IMO.
Dark Woman-I really liked this figure to. Not quite enough to be first, I'd put her tied at third with the ARC trooper.
Darth Vader (Infinities)-reminded me of the McVader, so as such was diluted in uniqueness, thereby dropping it down

All i all I'd say Hasbro raised the bar this past year with Comic figures. Too bad they are raising the price too... Price was one of the factors for me buying this and multiples of some. THat extra dollar or two will make me think before buying some multiples if even singles at all for some of the new 2008 packs.

Sinscia Fat'o
01-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Kir Kanos, easy and said and done, one of the best SW figures ever done.

Ji'dai
01-16-2008, 03:35 PM
I think the Dark Woman figure is hot. The only others I bought were Vader, Luke, and Hobbie.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2008, 05:38 PM
I quite like ARC Trooper Alpha.

JediTricks
01-16-2008, 08:55 PM
I know, but for some reason it looks okay on this figure. Not great, but okay.

Probably has to do with either the color of plastic it's molded in or the paint application. Or both.But you called it out due to the sculpt. :p I think it's an ok-looking head for either, but not ideal for Luke ROTJ (especially since it's a modification of a Saga head that wasn't ball-jointed). I think if they hadn't colored it like a traditional Vader, but done something more "alive", it might have popped better, but it's still a decent sculpt.

The Assassin Droid was my runner-up choice, it's just a nifty figure all around.

figrin bran
01-17-2008, 01:47 AM
Since I cast my vote, it seems like Dark Woman has garnered quite a few more votes.

Seeing as how no one else has made their case for the figure, here's why I picked her over Alpha (I thought generally speaking, we were sick of clones on this board, at least aside from those who army build). The articulation could be better but you could say that about all of the comic pack figures. The sculpt is excellent and puts all of Hasbro's previous female figures to shame.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-17-2008, 02:10 AM
I went with Kir Kanos. The others just didn't seem to have the articulation, or were rehashes. I don't have them open to compare as fairly though. I guess Kir Kanos is a bit of a rehash of the Royal Guard figure, but it stands out compared to another clone. I like the look of the Dark Woman. They all seem to be okay figures.

Snowtrooper
01-17-2008, 06:17 PM
I thought the Alpha Arc, Darth Vader, & Assassin droid were the three best of this bunch. I chose the Assassin droid of those three. It has alot more articulation then I thought it was going to(the shoulder gun was a nice surprise). The plastic and paint really capture that "metallic" look. It just has a real nasty look to it that I like.

Its probably not going to happen, but I hope they release this one day on a single card. This is one droid I'd probably armybuild heavily, especially since I've been disappointed alot with recent droid releases.

bigbarada
01-17-2008, 06:47 PM
But you called it out due to the sculpt. :p I think it's an ok-looking head for either, but not ideal for Luke ROTJ (especially since it's a modification of a Saga head that wasn't ball-jointed). I think if they hadn't colored it like a traditional Vader, but done something more "alive", it might have popped better, but it's still a decent sculpt.

The Assassin Droid was my runner-up choice, it's just a nifty figure all around.

I think I said picked him out because of his outfit.:p:p Anyways, he's a C+ in a list of solid C and D figures. While he's the best of this sorry bunch, he would never even make my top 20 for 2007.

El Chuxter
01-17-2008, 07:28 PM
No love for Bultar. Big surprise there.

Is there going to be an over-arching "Best and Worst SW Figures of 2007 From Any Hasbro Subline" once these smaller polls are done? She could probably beat the legion of crappy Lukes.

CaptainSolo1138
01-18-2008, 10:20 AM
No love for Bultar. Big surprise there.I voted for her because she didn't have any votes yet. And since I pretty much think most (if not all) of the comic two-packs are cheap rip-offs I don't mind throwing away my vote.:)

El Chuxter
01-18-2008, 11:40 AM
She's not even worth a wasted vote. She's not even like Kucinich or Perot or Nader.

Tycho
01-18-2008, 12:25 PM
They make a Kucinich action figure?

Can he at least fit in the cockpit of his UFO?

They should also make a 2-pack with him and his hot wife who's 30 years younger!

JediTricks
01-18-2008, 03:34 PM
I think I said picked him out because of his outfit.:p:p Anyways, he's a C+ in a list of solid C and D figures. While he's the best of this sorry bunch, he would never even make my top 20 for 2007.Yes, but my point is that you praised him for his head sculpt in relation to other Luke figures:
the face sculpt isn't too bad (considering the other 2007 Luke figures).

---

No love for Bultar. Big surprise there.

Is there going to be an over-arching "Best and Worst SW Figures of 2007 From Any Hasbro Subline" once these smaller polls are done? She could probably beat the legion of crappy Lukes.I doubt we'll do a full "worst of" poll, but I could be convinced.

bigbarada
01-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Yes, but my point is that you praised him for his head sculpt in relation to other Luke figures:

---

I doubt we'll do a full "worst of" poll, but I could be convinced.

Darned quote button.:upset:

:D

Anyways, of the six Lukes we got in 2007, it's one of the better ones... again, not saying a lot.

Yavin Luke is still my favorite; but since we didn't do an "all Luke" poll, I didn't get to vote for him.:)

jedibear
01-19-2008, 01:30 PM
A little late to the party here...been busy! :)

I went with the Assassin Droid. I'm still astonished how cool this figure is...the grade of plastic is good and solid, the deco is cool, the articulation is top-notch and I really dig that well-executed shoulder cannon! Just a cool figure that really looks like it jumped off the comic page...

Almost went with Villie...real nice figure of that shifty guy,,,great detail.

I know Alpha is gettin' the bantha's share of the votes, but for me...he's just another clone. Well-executed but...put him in a crowd of clones and he just disappears...

I know some are liking the HTE Luke...but that goose neck just killed it for me..

While her articulation was limited (she kinda reminded me of figures from the earlier collections) I thought Dark Woman was not too bad...

Infinities Vader....looks like a barely touched up re-pack of McVader...and I like THAT version better.

Hobbie...I know it gives him a different look than the rest of the pilots, but I don't like the "skull cap" head gear sculpted onto the figure...would have rather seen them take the same approach they did with Tycho.

Luke (Stormtrooper) was just...okay. Don't like the "blue" highlighting.

And good ole Baltar....well, everyone's already dished this one to death. I don't hate the figure so much as the design of the outfit...it's too "Tomb Raider"-chic for SW...curious to see how the EVO version of her turns out later this year...

Thanks for doin' these polls, JT...

darkagent
01-20-2008, 02:04 AM
I have to agree with jedibear. I'm still amazed by all the articulation Hasbro fit into that Assassin Droid.

At the same time, I'm dissapointed with Hasbro, because if they could do that much articulation in the Assassin Droid, why couldn't they do the same for others. A lot of the comic 2 pack figures would be much better if they simply had leg articulation (knees and ankles).

JediTricks
01-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Darned quote button.:upset:

:DMwa ha ha!!!

Anyways, of the six Lukes we got in 2007, it's one of the better ones... again, not saying a lot.

Yavin Luke is still my favorite; but since we didn't do an "all Luke" poll, I didn't get to vote for him.:)I don't see it with Yavin Luke at all, the head sculpt alone is such an oddity, and the deco really dooms it.

Sure thing JB!